Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Hmm...are we sure we need spy-vision-sender-person to confirm Celina's claims by sending Celina's class to someone, or could they, for instance, pick someone we don't know much about and reveal that person's role to someone other than Celina?
  • Also, my vote is still firmly on Shaddus. He has consistently refused to give any information, not even about his brother, so what else is he hiding? He's also really keen on falsifying things to try to turn opinion against me for some reason (for instance, his consistant insistence on me voting for him simply because he voted for me, which I've pointed out several times isn't the case, as well as him saying I claimed something I never did claim).

Also, @Ayisdra never did respond to my question regarding if him being town was ever explicitly stated, or if it was just an assumption on her part due to them being brothers. It wouldn't be the first time in history where two brothers are caught on different sides of a battle, after all.
  • Luce said:
    Hmm...are we sure we need spy-vision-sender-person to confirm Celina's claims by sending Celina's class to someone, or could they, for instance, pick someone we don't know much about and reveal that person's role to someone other than Celina?
    Nope, we're not sure about anything. That's the plan for this coming night though, so for now I'm willing to not aim for Celina.
  • Oh, derp, I misread that post a bit. The point about sending Celinas role would be to clear her, really, nothing else.
  • My own vote is still on Synk.

And there it should stay. I know the game can get quiet, but he is pushing bandwagons on the quiet ones. This has resulted useful information that is helpful for us, but also for the scum to pick their next target.
  • There isn't a whole lot I can do to defend myself against a random accusation.

If you guys are actually going to set some sort of "You must post this many times per hour" quota to avoid suspicion, tell me and I'll match that. But Tarkenton's started this train and has been as quiet as me the whole time. So claiming he's just trying to get the quiet people more active is hogwash. He's barely said anything more than votes and unvotes the entire time, rarely discussing reasons why.

I still trust Luce, if Luce has a plan. If that plan involves getting a vision to someone, I can help to make sure less goes wrong with that plan. I haven't wanted to spill out the mechanics of my power here where the scum can read, since it's limited in its use. But if it gets us through even one night, it can help swing tempo back in town favor.

Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • Ayisdra said:
    My own vote is still on Synk.

And there it should stay. I know the game can get quiet, but he is pushing bandwagons on the quiet ones. This has resulted useful information that is helpful for us, but also for the scum to pick their next target.
    I'm definitely suspicious of Synkarin as well. In addition, I'm suspicious of Luce. Well, technically I'm suspicious of everyone, but for now, Shaddus, Synkarin and Luce are on the top of my list.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    To quote you, Azureus, I don't have anything substantial to say at the moment. However, folks are complaining that the game isn't moving, I'm attempting to provide movement going down Sylandras list of inactives.

But the discussions and claims that have resulted from all of this chatter have given everyone things to consider. We don't want too much revealed, obviously, and not lynching someone is nonoptimal. So we have to decide, go after the quiet people, or go after people who are vocal and claiming roles to see if it's the truth or not. Or not lynch at all.
  • I mean, fair. I'm not counter-voting Tark.
    Haezon said:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ssaliss said:
    Also, my vote is still firmly on Shaddus. He has consistently refused to give any information, not even about his brother, so what else is he hiding?

Exactly what information are you wanting? I have nothing to give you.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • And how are we supposed to trust that, when the last time you said that, you left out the fact that you have a brother?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Eh. It's not like him revealing that would do much, honestly. Although I note @Ayisdra still hasn't laid the card on the table as to whether he and @Shaddus being brothers necessarily means that they're both town, or if it's possible one (or both) are scum with or without the other being aware.

As for my plan: it's simple, which means it can be screwed up, but it's just that our Sheriff-by-proxy investigates someone each night and reveals them to a random confirmed town. That person either keeps their gob shut and we suss out what we can for a lynch or points out when their 'target' is a confirmed Ermine supporter or liar, who we then lynch. Anyone who lies about what they see gets a free trip to the cells, compliments of the Town. Meanwhile, Ssaliss either continues to jail himself, or if he can execute people, targets those he finds suspect and looks for flaws that expose them.
  • I can't execute people, no. Best I can do is both block and guard them, which will (at this point) basically just risk town more than scum. After all, even if I would know who all the scum are, it'd be a small chance of blocking the one who actually does the deed; since I don't know who all the scum are, the odds are higher of me blocking a critical town role rather than the correct scum.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That...hrm...

Revealing that both removes some teeth from the plan and kind of makes it really hard to use your role, since the best option for you is to turtle and occasionally protect someone if you think they're more likely to die than you, which creates a situation where you are paradoxically the best and worst target for scum. Targeting you will be a crapshoot, but you're the closest thing to a protector we have right now. You're a high-value target, but one that if we use we lose out on whoever is being protected, if they have a night ability.
  • Pretty much, yeah. Until the end game, I'm basically only good for a body count.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Lets run down what we know(supposedly)

Celina - Tracker - N1 - Synkarin, nothing
                                 N2 - SSaliss - blocked (confirmed by Ssaliss)
    has also had two visions, 1) revealing Riluna 2) revealing vision giver

Saran - Motion Detector - N1 - Celina - two people acted on her, she acted - 1 was vision giver person
                                              N2 - Synkarin - nothing

Riluna - Doctor - N1 healed herself - lynched

Ssaliss - Jailer - N1 & N2 - jailed himself - confirmed with Celina's action on N2

Shaddus/Ayisdra - kitsune brothers, supposedly town

Luce - Governer - used power to protect Celina D2

Am I missing something here?

As for suspicions against me, I'll prove my innocence when the time comes just like everyone else has

I'll note Siam didn't really defend anything other than deflecting towards Enyalida and we all switched to Ssaliss when Shaddus came back in asking why.

At this point, we don't have any answers for Enyalida, Azureus, Siam, Allyrianne, Sylandra, Tarkenton and myself. Assuming the people that have come forward all all being honest (big assumption), and there are 4 scum among us, if we lynch one of these people, we have a greater than 50% chance of getting one.

If we're going to run with someone, I'd be down to lynch Siam. His deflections don't sit well with me.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Oh, in addition, since the vision giver is one of these 7 people, and Celina was okay voting for Siam earlier, I'm presuming he's not that person, increasing odds even further

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Did I just miss her voting for Siam? I only saw her voting for Shaddus and me...
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Celina said:
    I'm still on the lynch Ssaliss  party. 

I have no idea why people are going after Siam.
    Uhm, @Synkarin?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Oh, touche, you're right she didn't, but she chimed in after the Shaddus deflection.

Well, we can go with someone else, she can even suggest someone to avoid outright stating who the visionary is. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'm starting to feel more and more like Synkarin is fishing for information, to be honest.
    Of course I am, aren't we all? What was the point of your aggressive tactics, or your 'lynch Enyalida' strategy if not to get information?

This entire game is based off of information, so in order to achieve victory, we need information. I'm not saying out people, I'm saying lets get down to business, we got some huns to defeat.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Did they send me powers, when I asked for votes?

Ssaliss: Synkarin, (1)
    Celina: Saran, (1)
    Shaddus: Ssaliss, Celina (2)
    Synkarin: Ayisdra (1)
    Siam: Tremula (1)
    Azureus: Siam, Shaddus, Sylandra, Tarkenton, Luce (5)

Also, considering that Allyrianne is not playing at the moment, and I have not yet found a replacement, I am removing her from the pool of votes until she is fully eliminated or a replacement has been found. Thus.

13 around makes 7 for a lynch.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm pretty much done with doing anything but voting to lynch Ssaliss. He's been constantly riding me for entirely too long, even when I told him I didn't have any powers that would help the town. It's to the point where it's pissing me off irl, and that's not healthy.
    UNVOTE, VOTE: SSALISSS
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Vote: Azureus

Lets end this day

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Going back over it, Ayisdra did explicitly state that he knew Shaddus' alignment. It was in the part of the day I had to speed read so I missed it first time 'round. 

Who was it harping on Ayisdra and Shaddus for that, aside from my mention earlier?
  • Luce said:
    That...hrm...

Revealing that both removes some teeth from the plan and kind of makes it really hard to use your role, since the best option for you is to turtle and occasionally protect someone if you think they're more likely to die than you, which creates a situation where you are paradoxically the best and worst target for scum. Targeting you will be a crapshoot, but you're the closest thing to a protector we have right now. You're a high-value target, but one that if we use we lose out on whoever is being protected, if they have a night ability.
    With so many fingers pointing at me, I might not be in the game long enough to be worth saving any cards. So an offer I can make is, if we really need someone's power to go off tonight, I can help with that, even if it leads to a sort of chain-blocking domino effect. But we'd have to time it right, especially because the list of targets we want to protect might as well form a kind of hit-list on the remaining nights.
    Haezon said:
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Are you saying that you're an anti blocker person?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Okay I am mega tired but I'm going to UNVOTE because if what @Azureus is saying is true then some regrets might be had.

Too tired to decide who to vote now tho. Will rest on it. Zz.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Okay, so absolutely nothing is happening. It's obvious by now that Azureus isn't really a popular target.

Vote: Synkarin