Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited December 2015
    It's a joke from Master of None.

Or this, according to google. I like this more:

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Dammit guys. There was a joke in there about Lothringen and Celina,our celebrity Romeo and Juliet , involving dragons and mounts, possibly Shuyin and Synkarin, but it got swept away by that turtle. And weed.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited December 2015
    Siam said:
    Dammit guys. There was a joke in there about Lothringen and Celina,our celebrity Romeo and Juliet , involving dragons and mounts, possibly Shuyin and Synkarin, but it got swept away by that turtle. And weed.

Don't spoil the next Game of Thrones book thanks. 

Edit: Is the Shuyin the magical "surprise Targaryen" that shows up out of nowhere because he's used good hair dye all this time???!??? 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    LOVE WILL WIN!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Okay everybody. I'm all for letting you guys argue it out but in this case, it started out ridiculous and then escalated from there. Warning levels increasing from here if we keep on with it.

• Synkarin is a turd
  • So what are the odds on these crates?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Chirbo said:
    So what are the odds on these crates?

supposedly even
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It is pretty even (having bought far too many last year).

• Davos said:
    mmconfig sparkleherb weed (m&mf): weed isn't something you can set sparkleherb to be.

Nature     : Synkarin controls the Throne
                   Time Left : 111 days  -> expires from 2 to 3am on Wednesday
                   Crown     : The Untarnished Wreath of Nature
                               Blessing : The Weed Herb

Not very cool, bro. It'd be one thing if you weren't an active developer for m&mf, but fixing something in the code you publicly support and then exploiting it against others is a line few would cross.
    If it makes you feel better, you can do curing autoheal sparkle on

That will do it server side.
  • Also, the herb for sparkle is now wormwood, which I think it awesome.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Holy shit....power to the skype calls, glorious be.

Celest players really wanted this win.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    That parts fine.

What I want to know is how I managed to influence 6 (there are only 5!) named mobs in a row and 3/4ths of the villagers/tenders/whatever and still not win the village. 

If villages are just going to be impossible to win, please at least have a disclaimer in the revolt post. 
  • edited December 2015
    I was at a cafe having coffee with friends as I worked on a project, when that revolt happened. When I saw the sudden large influx of celest players, I brought up the scenario to them and asked if they consider the idea of using skype to get people to sign in for game skirmishes in order to win, as a smart concept. They seemed to come to the conclusion of asking "is it really a win..?" with awkward faces.
  • Oh you silly Arcanis you. A call would've been lovely if there was one but there wasn't. You can prolly email skype admin to verify.
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • Saoirse said:
    Oh you silly Arcanis you. A call would've been lovely if there was one but there wasn't. You can prolly email skype admin to verify.

I'll get right on that..
  • I was on because I'd just gotten home from work and wanted to get in an attempt at getting a sewing curio, and was planning on going to sleep right after. Then someone mentioned a revolt, and I thought to myself, "Well, sleep's not THAT important... I can get by on 3 and a half hours, right?"
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Also, I'm confused. You were out with some friends, stopped to play Lusternia, and are complaining about other people getting phoned in? 
    edited December 2015
    There were a lot of people, which surprised me, but why anyone would want a revolt android alert is crazy to me. I'm with Rivius on this one.

I JUST WANTED TO SOLO WIN THE VILLAGE. But seriously, I influenced the entire village at least once, including every named mob before any serious competition started. I don't understand revolts. :(
  • Celina said:
    There were a lot of people, which surprised me, but why anyone would want a revolt android alert is crazy to me. I'm with Rivius on this one.

I JUST WANTED TO SOLO WIN THE VILLAGE. But seriously, I influenced the entire village at least once, including every named mob before any serious competition started. I don't understand revolts. :(
    Simply put, you can't have influenced the entire village. A neutral feelings village will pop over to your side if you do get everyone, even without crusade. I'm figuring you're talking about Talthos. Which actually does have six named mobs. You probably missed the drug addict hiding under the stairs. So if someone else managed to get him and a few villagers, it's no wonder you didn't get it on the first round.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I just love that the Hallifaxian-themed village has a random drug addict under the stairs. That's all.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Drug addict under the stairs. Of course.

Revolts are stupid.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The revolt mechanics are kinda complicated behind the scenes. Eventru (and later one of the anomalies) walked envoys through it once upon a time, I might still have a log kicking around.
  • since this worked for crates

WHERE ARE THE GNOMES
  • Marcella said:
    since this worked for crates

WHERE ARE THE GNOMES
    WHERE IS IRONBEARD?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    WHERE IS THE CROWN, TYLWYTH?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CROW CROW, MIGHTY CROW!
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
This discussion has been closed.