Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Huh, most of my disagrees make sense, Daraius doesn't think catboy's are sexy, etc, but I'm not sure why Chirbo disagreed with me saying vote counted in an election that was decided by a single vote....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    There are the occasional people who flag posts for no reason, like @Syrennia .  There were more, but a lot of them seem to have kind of decided not to.  Which I think is better; I don't know that most of these flags provide anything of benefit to the forums anyways.  Likes / agrees / spam / abuse are useful, the others just kind of get used as "I don't like you".
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Rant: I'm going to miss getting a Mag lamp this year to go with my Mag wreath (that I can't use any more).
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited December 2015
    Well okay, since you decided to tag me Xenthos, I guess you won't mind me showing this:
    [spoiler] image
    [/spoiler]
    Forum points are serious, go ahead and flag this post. :)
    PS, spamming messages isn't gonna get anything done.
    PPS, go read the first post of the thread.
    edited December 2015
    I don't mind at all.  You could've just replied, you know. :)

Edit: Got my reply this way, so it worked out for me.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Flag.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The 'reason' is easily discernable when you see who flagged it. 
  • People care about forum flags?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Riluna said:
    People care about forum flags?
    From what I've seen, it's mostly caring about forum hypocrisy; I've yet to see a single "hallmonitor" who isn't guilty of the same thing themselves many times over (can click their comments and find a few dozen-- or hundred, in some cases-- posts that are exactly the same as the ones they flagged).

The flags just don't really serve any useful purpose, imo.
  • Burying posts that serve no constructive purpose is useful; so is drawing moderator attention to an actual problem more quickly.

Beyond that... this is way more thought than I assumed people gave about them.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    edited December 2015
    Riluna said:
    Burying posts that serve no constructive purpose is useful; so is drawing moderator attention to an actual problem more quickly.

That's what "spam" and "abuse" are for.  As I said earlier, I'm fine with those ones.  The other two (disagree and off-topic) are the ones that mostly just get used to try to "shut down" opposing viewpoints / try to hallmonitor / feel fine with tagging on people's posts simply because they don't like the person in question.

I am pretty strongly of the feeling that if you disagree with something, you should post and explain why.  That gives people who agree with you but don't have anything else to add a post to agree/like to to point out their own feelings, but a simple disagree a lot of the time just doesn't actually convey or add anything useful to the conversation... and you've got no idea why it was clicked.

Edit: And off-topic just tends to be the catch-all "I don't like what you said so I am going to click something".
  • Tylwyth said:
    Huh, most of my disagrees make sense, Daraius doesn't think catboy's are sexy, etc, but I'm not sure why Chirbo disagreed with me saying vote counted in an election that was decided by a single vote....

I browse by phone a lot
  • Chirbo said:
    I browse by phone a lot
    Oh, it's fine. I have fat fingers, so I dont' use my smart phone for that.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I wasn't complaining about Estarra. I just thought it was funny, assumed I'd been fat fingered. It just made me chuckle, since I'd imagine if I merited a flag from the head honcho, it'd just be turned into a ban.
  • Sometimes when I quickly scroll through forums and see my forum signature I think that Cririk is back and I get confused.
  • edited December 2015
    Drocilla said:
    Play niiice.

Look look, gnomes!
    Gnomes? Where? You mean him? *eyes @Darvellan
    FLEE~~~ (>°_°)>
    (I'm joking! I'm joking!)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Xenthos said:
    Riluna said:
    People care about forum flags?
    From what I've seen, it's mostly caring about forum hypocrisy; I've yet to see a single "hallmonitor" who isn't guilty of the same thing themselves many times over (can click their comments and find a few dozen-- or hundred, in some cases-- posts that are exactly the same as the ones they flagged).

The flags just don't really serve any useful purpose, imo.

Skinner box effect.
  • edited December 2015
    Syrennia said:
    Well okay, since you decided to tag me Xenthos, I guess you won't mind me showing this:
    [spoiler] image
    [/spoiler]
    Forum points are serious, go ahead and flag this post. :)
    PS, spamming messages isn't gonna get anything done.
    PPS, go read the first post of the thread.

ROFLMAO

Enyalida said:
    The 'reason' is easily discernable when you see who flagged it. 

hun seriously, I could pull up half my flagged posts and you can see that they were for "I Just dont like hiM!! hurt it with flags!!". I've gotten flagged for 1 word posts in the past. Stop trying to justify it...

• Riluna said:
    Burying posts that serve no constructive purpose is useful; so is drawing moderator attention to an actual problem more quickly.

Burying away people's perspectives and comments...tch im sure I recall something about this in history somewhere.

Wasnt there this whole debacle about freedom of speech and being censored once upon a time? :P
  • I don't remember having flagged any of your posts for abuse
  • lol I just looked at the most recently flagged post. It had 0 insults or out-of-bounds commentary. I think im going to skim through these for funsies
  • You flagged a comment I made about Iosai as abusive, I was very confused because it was just me making a pun about a name that in hindsight I was probably not pronouncing correctly
  • Arix said:
    You flagged a comment I made about Iosai as abusive, I was very confused because it was just me making a pun about a name that in hindsight I was probably not pronouncing correctly

out of curiosity, how were you pronuncing it?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Arcanis, I need you learn the rule of 5 Gs. Good god girl, get a grip.
  • Eye-oh-sai. Hence the pun
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    How long does Ironbeard stick around for?
  • Rivius said:
    How long does Ironbeard stick around for?
    Usually till new years, I think, might be wrong, but i could swear he was around till them atleast, last year.

This discussion has been closed.