Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Eritheyl said:
    Wait, there was a line? I never left the dreamlands, and I don't have a line or one of these supposed globes.
    You were on celestials duty. You need to have hit all 6 higher gods.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    All I know is I "woke up" as soon as I logged in and now have many questions. Oh well, patience!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I mean I guess I can run it again if/when the area becomes a permanent fixture (it had better!), but meh. At least I was there for Things for a change.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    But it sounds like this is a repeatable quest? Do the globes do cool things or are they just bling? Time commitment for doing quest, roughly?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • They're history items. You touch them to learn about the area's lore.
  • Xenthos said:
    People who missed any god because they died due to lag, and were gated out by having to collect dream foams, did not get the line.  Heck, anyone who invested hours and hours of time and ended up being gated out by this extraordinarily frustrating and angst-inducing foam gate did not get the line.

Apparently the answer is just to do it again, but that sure leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.  You get screwed over by game mechanics, so the solution is clearly "Well, try it again and hope that next time game mechanics work in your favour."
    I was there for all, killed one, touched the globe but still denied the honours.  Turns out on Frai my hit was denied by a shield and hence no honours line or globe :(

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• The Foam Gate for returning after dying was an oversight that was addressed when we realized it was happening. I believe it took a little bit to notice it given everything else that was going on. I will not speak to future mechanics of returning, but I will remind you @Xenthos to submit an issue to Estarra regarding the lost honours if you feel slighted by what happened.
  • I'm not even mad about not getting a globe. I just want someone to do a reading of their globe. Where are you, @Tridemon and @Synkarin ?
  • Just to confirm, you're recommending we "Issue Esty Yo. I didn't get an honour. Pls fx?" if we were part of the hunting party?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:
    Just to confirm, you're recommending we "Issue Esty Yo. I didn't get an honour. Pls fx?" if we were part of the hunting party?
    No, not quite that. There are requirements to getting the honours. In the case of Foam Gate keeping you from returning and probably the shield keeping an attack from landing, this may be seen as an exception. I am *not* speaking on Estarra's behalf and the issues may be closed by stating that the quest needs to be completed. I am just bringing it up so that it can be resolved instead of left here on the forums.
  • Ah. Fair enough. I'll just wait and see then since I may not have actually hit each of the gods due to being on celestial duty. As long as the quest is redoable, it's not a big deal for me, since I'll be doing it to help others out in acquiring the honours anyway. Thanks though.

Especially for the event. It was interesting. Though I still hope we're gonna learn when and how they managed to bring so many of us into the Dreaming.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:
    Ah. Fair enough. I'll just wait and see then since I may not have actually hit each of the gods due to being on celestial duty. As long as the quest is redoable, it's not a big deal for me, since I'll be doing it to help others out in acquiring the honours anyway. Thanks though.

Especially for the event. It was interesting. Though I still hope we're gonna learn when and how they managed to bring so many of us into the Dreaming.
    I don't mind doing it again and I know I did not hit one of them due to having to get back (not knowing that I could get back because I know I got bounced off and back to prime at one point), was still a bit disheartening at the end of the day not getting the honour with others when you were the whole time basically.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Sciomore said:

You're dead, go away. [-(
  • Sciomore said:
    awwwwww!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Sciomore said:
    <sad picture>

Please come back to hallifax. Sign the citizenship contract and not be a crazy person (can't have emotional outbrusts afterall). You can rebuild the deathray for us.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited December 2015

Sciomore said:
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Celina said:
    @Sciomore is using lame photos and not drag queen GIFs.

YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU GOT

Not every picture or gif has to be a drag queen. There is more to the world than drag queens.
  • Robot drag queens. I've seen it all now.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm not sure why people think teaching alts is a waste of time. My alts often need to get re-taught basic stuff I've forgotten. Like when I made Nikka, I only had a vague idea of how monks worked, and I hadn't bashed for rl years, as Qistrel only influences. I needed serious help. If I ever make a Gaudi alt, I'll need a lot of help too, cause I dunno where anything in Gaudi is or how any of the guilds work.

• edited December 2015
    i missed the killing of @Sciomore and @Aelish. :(

sorry sciomore, xeria's introduction to you and the rest of your lot, was when you blew up the matrix causing her to die twice. Aelish put false words into the mouths of her kin.

she's still hopping mad and regrets that you two don't have a shrine for her to pee on.

is dead like the dodo
  • A little disappointed that I missed the event, but as has always been my credo, RL comes first.  My uncle had a stroke and I was at the hospital hoping he would pull through.

Good news: He'll live.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • i also think that this needs to be said - it was a great event! thank you

@Sciomore @Aelish
    is dead like the dodo
  • Lol, random ending at random unscheduled time. True Lusternian fashion.

Least i'll have this to remember my kara:

He walks with the truefavour of Karagash.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    sad I missed it again. I was all yay when @Karagash went nuts on the basin, yay am here for once. Sadly... was not the case as it turns out. Spent a few hours chasing down Revelations though, that was fun. So... logs anybody? pretty please?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Was expecting the dreamworld to last a bit longer.

This discussion has been closed.