Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Talan said:

This person never asked for, nor seemed to need or want your help. 

Celina said:
    I'm of the belief that if a newbie didn't ask for your help, you don't get to be upset for them not playing along with your attempt to help. There were some definite pre conceive notions here but they weren't just Goober's.

Oh, ok. So lemme get this right. You see one of your newbies asking (on CT, not CGT, no less), "(Hallifax): Goober says, "What collegium? I am sorry everything is so...chaotic. I am still trying to figure out what is what.", and you don't think it's a good opportunity to offer a bit of engagement, lore and assistance to them? Odd. 

How would you guys over in Gaudiguch handle it, I wonder?
  • Tekora said:
    Talan said:

This person never asked for, nor seemed to need or want your help. 

Celina said:
    I'm of the belief that if a newbie didn't ask for your help, you don't get to be upset for them not playing along with your attempt to help. There were some definite pre conceive notions here but they weren't just Goober's.

Oh, ok. So lemme get this right. You see one of your newbies asking (on CT, not CGT, no less), "(Hallifax): Goober says, "What collegium? I am sorry everything is so...chaotic. I am still trying to figure out what is what.", and you don't think it's a good opportunity to offer a bit of engagement, lore and assistance to them? Odd. 

How would you guys over in Gaudiguch handle it, I wonder?

Psst you, yeah you come here.

You want some candy?

How about some booze?

Okay kid quit being a dumbass and read CGHELP WELCOME and pull your head from your ass.
  • An ebon Night cameo currently costs 1000 credits. It will trade in for 666 bound credits.

Night is Satan!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    There is no Satan. There is only Zuul Luciphage.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited December 2015
    @Tekora asking a question over cgt isn't really the same as requesting an in person lecture. I mean, I'm no novice expert but I answer their questions when they ask. I don't force them into sit downs and then scold them for not responding to me the way I expect. Edit: I don't really bug the novices. When they ask, I answer. What I don't do is bitch about them on forums afterwards.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited December 2015
    Being proactive in regards to engaging newbies shouldn't be seen as inappropriate, however. And if it's within her RP to expect Serfs to adhere to her org's beliefs and ways, how does that negate her right to be upset about them not doing so?

Edit to your edit, @Celina: Usually when a novice implies they're confused, it's not inappropriate or wrong to assume they need/want help.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Because it's a contradiction to the intent she's trying to advertise here. Are you trying to retain a novice by helping them and being proactive or trying to drive them away by calling them out on forums and talking shit about them.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Celina said:
    Because it's a contradiction to the intent she's trying to advertise here. Are you trying to retain a novice by helping them and being proactive or trying to drive them away by calling them out on forums and talking shit about them.

As a note, it sounded like you were only referring to Tekora's actions IC, so I wasn't commenting on her forum actions.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Well yes, if she'd just kept her displeasure as RP and to herself or within that interaction, it's whatever. I think the difference is in intent. When you take to ranting about joe the alt on forums for not lining up with org/your RP, I don't think the intent is to help.
  • edited December 2015
    Celina said:
    Well yes, if she'd just kept her displeasure as RP and to herself or within that interaction, it's whatever. I think the difference is in intent. When you take to ranting about joe the alt on forums for not lining up with org/your RP, I don't think the intent is to help.

Yes. Yes, you're exactly right. It was NOT my intention to want to help this player. I only approached him because I wanted to grief them into quitting the city and then embarass them on the forums. I think I did a very good job of it, too.

Oh wait, I changed their name. Dammit. Oh well, I'll do better next time.
    edited December 2015
    I suspect your intent wasn't to grief anyone. It appears your intent is to cause a scene over nothing. Mission accomplished! Edit: gold star for changing their name. Now they'll never know, they'll never catch on. WINK WINK
    Advice: if you engage someone and don't like how they respond to it, stfu and move on. Everyone wins. You're welcome, glad we had this moment.
  • edited December 2015
    Edit: Shouldn't have been posted.
  • edited December 2015
    Tekora said:
    Celina said:
    I suspect your intent wasn't to grief anyone. It appears your intent is to cause a scene over nothing. Mission accomplished! Edit: gold star for changing their name. Now they'll never know, they'll never catch on. WINK WINK
    And it appears your intent was to bait me into a shitstorm. Mission accomplished! You sure showed me.

Hey, how about a new subject? I wonder how the Pyros are doing nowada-

Oh. Ohhhh....
    There's really no need to be petty, if your attitude in game reflects what I've seen on forums recently that's how the Institute will start looking.

EDIT: Forums and on Ad-Hoc during raids that aren't getting defenders or the Sciomore event

EDIT2: Classy Skype messages
    edited December 2015
    Started your own shit storm, hun. If you have to make this about Pyros in some attempt to justify it all, that just might be your problem! I mean, if we are picking arbitrary metrics to measure our epeens, I bet I can kick your whole guilds ass and newbies will find that a lot cooler than shitting on forums about it. I just don't think it actually matters. Edit: alternatively we could let the alt/newbie/whatever chill and influence like they want. It's not like they are mudsexing at your nexus.
    Rage flags work too.
  • edited December 2015
    Celina said:
    Started your own shit storm, hun. If you have to make this about Pyros in some attempt to justify it all, that just might be your problem! I mean, if we are picking arbitrary metrics to measure our epeens, I bet I can kick your whole guilds ass and newbies will find that a lot cooler than shitting on forums about it. I just don't think it actually matters. Edit: alternatively we could let the alt/newbie/whatever chill and influence like they want. It's not like they are mudsexing at your nexus.
    You know, this is really my own fault for letting you and Talan bait me into this. I should have known better.

Sorry, rest of the forums. I'm done now.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ladies, ladies. You're both pretty.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Can't we all just get along? Or am I too busy ruining the Pyros for people to want to be my friend?
  • I'd like to take this time to let you know that Gaudiguch is holding an epic rap battle and I just dropped some fire.
  • Chirbo said:
    I'd like to take this time to let you know that Gaudiguch is holding an epic rap battle and I just dropped some fire.
    But did Celina drop some shade?
    xD
    <3-Celina
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Maybe I have rose colored glasses, but Tekora has always been chill around me.

You guys sure find some microscopic shit to argue about.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    I'm sure Tekora is fine. Shaming me over the Pyros is pretty hilarious so obviously she has a sense of humor. I'm just saying trying to shame people over that log is trying to stir shit up at someone else's expense, and probably shouldn't happen. Let people alt, it's a game.
  • Shaddus said:
    There is no Satan. There is only Zuul Luciphage.
    Fun fact, pretty much every time I mistype during login I try to log in as Satan >_>
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I feel like once you start using ad hominems (or is it ad hominem de...guild?), you've probably removed any credibility you've had to the argument.

In short,

rofl what do pyros have anything to do with hallifax alts. I also like how talan is also equally at fault as celina without having to post nearly as much. touchy touchy. I want to be a pro one line zinger one day too.
  • 1) I don't know what Hallifax thinks, but personally, I think Lusternia could use some new people. Some of those people will not have personalities or play styles that jive with yours, but that's how it works. Consider that there might also be people who don't like your personality or play style. We can be snide and rude to each other ICly as roleplay demands, but let's not be jerks to each other OOCly. It's ridiculous.

2) TOPGUILDS is a hilarious mechanic to shame someone over. 

• Yay, an argument I'm not involved in...yet!

Holy cow spiritsingers Spiritsingers        1               1 . What's going on with you? How can we help you
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
This discussion has been closed.