Simple Ideas

Comments

• I knew I was going to regret posting that.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2015
    Edit: Nevermind! Was wrong
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zeleni said:
    I knew I was going to regret posting that.
    Nah, Arbre is cool as heck. Eleanor was cool, despite my not meeting her that many times.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals

I think it would be really swell if we could have something like ARTIFACT LIST <arg> to function like the curio list. ARTIFACT LIST RUNE will list all runes, ARTIFACT LIST BOOT will list all boots, etc.

Totally not related to my last artifact idea.
  • Can we have the common skills listed alphabetically?

• edited December 2015
    Yarou said:
    [[Lots of text about nexus client]]

@Yarou, Nexus client isn't the greatest thing for Lusternia, but you can certainly make it work. There are a few gmcp guides floating around, but they all use lua so you'll have to convert it to javascript to work on nexus.

As far as automating the basics (like standing), you'll need to capture your balance/equilibrium/etc... gmcp data and include that on your standing trigger (The drop-down menu has a script option).

You would need something like this in your onGMCP function (toward the top of your list)

if (args.gmcp_method == "Char.Vitals"){
        if (args.gmcp_args.balance == "1"){
            var balance = true;
        }
        else{
            var balance = false;
        }}

And then you can just put something like this in your stand trigger

if (balance){
    client.send_direct('stand');
    }

It's a bit roundabout, but it's certainly doable.

Nexus client is fun to play with, but not something you should consider for more serious play. It's handy that it lets you take your settings with you between different computers.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    To expand on that, I played a MUD once that allowed the users to change colours with either channel or colour tags. So I could, for instance, do

Luce waves a hand, creating an ^pink_illusory pink elephant ^em_that dances around the room. 

in order to create 

Luce waves a hand, creating an illusory pink elephant that dances around the room.

which might have more versatility.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Nienla said:

Shaddus said:
    Zeleni said:
    I knew I was going to regret posting that.
    Nah, Arbre is cool as heck. Eleanor was cool, despite my not meeting her that many times.

Arbre and Eleanor are definitely cool as heck. I was only made somewhat cool as Seir by my association with Arbre, clearly.

On the subject of an idea, and I'm not sure how simple this would be, but could we get it so that anything we use in emotes within quotations is colored with what we use for says?

What we have now: Nienla scratches her chin with a look of revelation crossing her features. "You know," she murmurs, "I really hate Xenthos. Like... a lot."

Would become this (assuming it is my CONFIG color for says): Nienla scratches her chin with a look of revelation crossing her features. "You know," she murmurs, "I really hate Xenthos. Like... a lot."

I feel like this would allow RP to appear more in a story format so you don't have to cut your emotes by saying something. Instead, you can seamlessly allow it to blend without "clashing" so to speak since says and emotes are, by default, different colors.

we've asked for this repeatedly, and it was turned down because it was considered "fluff" and wouldn't make money contribute to the game.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Shaddus said:

we've asked for this repeatedly, and it was turned down because it was considered "fluff" and wouldn't make money contribute to the game.
    Obvs ask for it as a new curio collection power.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited December 2015
    Well, the solution is to clearly keep asking!

I would say if players find value in it, doesn't that contribute to the game because the players would enjoy it?

Not to mention, if the players have repeatedly requested it, it sounds like something that would contribute to the game in my opinion.

Edit: Not to mention, pretty sure every other game has it at this point.
  • Add a little touch of realism to mugwumps. 50% reduced asphyxiation damage passive. 50% increased asphyxiation damage if afflicted with slickness.

Likely an absolutely horrible idea. >.>
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Nienla said:

I would say if players find value in it, doesn't that contribute to the game because the players would enjoy it?

Not to mention, if the players have repeatedly requested it, it sounds like something that would contribute to the game in my opinion.

We've been asking for years. Bringing up other games gets us told that "we're not going to do it just because another game does".

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:
    Nienla said:

We've been asking for years. Bringing up other games gets us told that "we're not going to do it just because another game does".

Well, they did firstaid because another game did it. All of the games do a lot of things simply because they've been shown to have a large degree of success in other games. I'd say that's a rather arbitrary reason given they've done things from other games repeatedly, so I figure I'd ask again anyway. I'm a tenacious bastard.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited December 2015
    I think it's more that the coding resources have been focused on other things, yeah? Like the Overhaul etc. It can't hurt to ask again! (Flavorful emote stuff has happened before--we finally can do emotes that don't start with our character name anymore, so there's hope!)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • There's hope. :) But it's been asked and shot down long before there were even hints of an overhaul.

I'd even buy it as a curio power (and I hate curios), if that's the route they want to go.

More asking won't hurt, either. I'm just super cynical, so I'll stop now.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited December 2015
    Hopefully simple and not defeating the purpose of the scroll...

Could the scroll of laurels not block enemy status?
    Like, if you have privs you can use diplomacy for each org and the namedb is a thing but it'd just be nice if I could also just look at their honours and see that they are an enemy of everything I hold dear, while I'm fleeing in fear from the mere thought of them of course.
  • Here's an idea that would be amazing.

Have free reincarnations and dagger of reincarnation not require someone to kill you before you can reincarnate.

Maybe have a neat animation where you plunge the dagger into your stomach seppuku-style for the artie, and another animation where your body and spirit become out-of-synch if you are using a free reincarnation.

If I worded that wrong, here's the short version: Make "reincarnate into <whatever>" kill you and immediately reincarnate, instead of having to do it while dead.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    The dagger already bypasses the need to be dead, iirc.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    The dagger already bypasses the need to be dead, iirc.
    Looks like you sacrifice yourself with the dagger, which then gives you a reincarnation that you can use at the portal while dead (presumably from the sacrifice)
  • Make SCENT not clear your pose. I would love that so much.
  • Feel free to correct me as to if this already exists but is there a way to connect multiple shops to a single storeroom with the same predefined rules/wares/prices? I think that'd be really nifty.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Yeah, this thing again. IIRC, if you're a demigod, you can reinacarnate alive, otherwise you have to be dead.

• edited December 2015
    Saran said:

Like, if you have privs you can use diplomacy for each org and the namedb is a thing but it'd just be nice if I could also just look at their honours and see that they are an enemy of everything I hold dear, while I'm fleeing in fear from the mere thought of them of course.

Can just do COMMUNE ENEMIES NIENLA. It'll tell you pretty quick.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Hmm...if I think about it, there must be some way to detect that the line after the name isn't the birthdate, then it's a scroll, and then it should be simple to gag it and go <laurels are here> so I don't have people doing stupid impossible things to me like forcing emotions or tail-slapping me in the face.

• Yarith said:
    Feel free to correct me as to if this already exists but is there a way to connect multiple shops to a single storeroom with the same predefined rules/wares/prices? I think that'd be really nifty.
    I've asked for this myself. It'd be so awesome to be able to do this, so I don't have to restock four shops individually...
  • Nienla said:
    Saran said:

Can just do COMMUNE ENEMIES NIENLA. It'll tell you pretty quick.

It makes more sense to not have the scroll block bits of information that cannot actually be blocked rather than having the work around of spamming out three commands every time I can't see the information on honours. (Cause it came to mind when I noticed someone was a guild enemy but not a commune one thanks to namedb)
  • Simple idea: Increase max bet on roulette wheel to 500k.

Everyone has masses of gold, may as well let them lose it gambling.