General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    TV decided to explode while I was at work today.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited December 2015
    I've been off work for a week and came back today. My budget went from surplus to overspent by $1800. I have 853 unread emails. My boss went on maternity leave a month early. All my clients are mad about something.

They give us 4 weeks of PTO plus 2 weeks of paid vacation days. BUT WE CAN'T USE IT BECAUSE IT ALL GOES TO SHIT WHEN WE LEAVE.

edit: Plus side, they say you know you're good at your job when things fall to pieces when you are gone.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Synkarin said:
    They also say the best way to trap yourself into a job is to make yourself so invaluable they won't promote you.
    +1. As dumb as it might sound at first consideration, this is very much a real thing.

• Celina said:
    I thought Comcast was bad until I got Verizon fios. The I realized all American ISPs are bad
    I think most people would agree with you, but my mileage has varied a good bit.

I had comcast for about 10 years, pay was like 50 bucks for 50Mbps down|up (only got 25-35, which is a crime as far as I'm concerned, but seems to be a standard across certain ISPs). Service almost never went down or caused issues for me until the last 2 weeks before I moved out of the city. Because of a glitch when I swapped apartments within the same complex but kept the same router/modem, they forgot to bill me for 6 months until I went to close out the account (it felt really good to get that much for free because they're incompetent, because fuck comcast in general).

Now we're on verizon fios paying $40 bucks a month for 50 down|up, and we're actually getting 60. Fios has been solid so far! (unlike my experience with V wireless)

The only issue I have with Fios is that it seems to drop connection a lot around peak usage hours. I can't play Lusternia around 7 pm, basically.
  • Dag yo, sucks :(
  • Vivet said:
    Synkarin said:
    They also say the best way to trap yourself into a job is to make yourself so invaluable they won't promote you.
    +1. As dumb as it might sound at first consideration, this is very much a real thing.

Seconding this. Also, it's clear you have to work with a certain number of morons @Celina which is always irritating and more importantly limits your productivity/capability. Sitting back and playing nursemaid to children is for elementary school teachers. You need a team/challenge that is more appropriate of your skill set (with the appropriate increase in income).
  • Celina said:
    The only issue I have with Fios is that it seems to drop connection a lot around peak usage hours. I can't play Lusternia around 7 pm, basically.
    As much as I complain about the price of my ISP, I've got to say that I've only ever had outages at 4 or 5am. 
  • My doctor keeps telling me this is probably going to be my last new year. I need a new doctor.

And some more wine. Merry 2016. >_>

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Today was supposed to be busy, and net me oodles of money. Instead our competitor failed to produce a file that we needed to give us all the patients that were transferring service to us instead of them. Ergo, we had to find busywork until we could no longer justify being there, and we STILL have essentially half of our pharmacy's volume for the new year that we need to get entered into our systems before Wednesday, which we can't start on until they cough up the list.

I have every confidence we'll get it done, but it'd be nice if we could get at least some of it done before we have patients calling in on top of the files to transfer...
    Riluna said:
    My doctor keeps telling me this is probably going to be my last new year. I need a new doctor.

And some more wine. Merry 2016. >_>
    Wait, what?
  • I have real bad health issues, which have only gotten worse since I was in a nasty accident a couple years back.

Barring a huge miracle, doc says I have months, at best. I haven't been looking forward to the new year, a way to measure how that clock keeps ticking down.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:
    I have real bad health issues, which have only gotten worse since I was in a nasty accident a couple years back.

Barring a huge miracle, doc says I have months, at best. I haven't been looking forward to the new year, a way to measure how that clock keeps ticking down.
    Hugs and best wishes. <3 
  • Nothing stupid or insulting about that, @Celina. (Although you definitely have been both, in the past, if I may say so) But those are the kinds of thoughts that even keep me going right now.

Miracles do happen. :)

• Just .. stressed out. And the reasons aren't even valid because .. yeah. Just stressed out and wanting to sleep for like ever.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2016
    I really hate staying in my parent's house, especially around the holidays. It's bad. Everything is so much better when I can engage with my family at range. Last night. I was going to go out dancing tonight, but my mother is flipping the fuck out about it, even though I'm a dramatically better driver than her (according to the official report by our insurance agency). It's drizzling ever so slightly. 
  • @Talan I had a whole drawerful of socks dissapear, even though i swear i did not wear or touch them. :S damn those borrowers!
    is dead like the dodo
    edited January 2016
    For those not in America, we currently have an armed "militia" occupying the offices of a Bird Sanctuary in remote Oregon to protest government tyranny.

#america #forthebirds

• Celina said:
    For those not in America, we currently have an armed "militia" occupying the offices of a Bird Sanctuary in remote Oregon to protest government tyranny.

#america #forthebirds
    The stupidity that political extremists display never ceases to amaze me.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Police manhunt in my neighborhood. Fun.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    People need to stop calling me on the phone while I'm trying to RP! *grump*
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    I know that feel. Girlfriend likes to call right as I'm starting a game of DotA.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Havastus said:
    Everiine said:
    I know that feel. Girlfriend likes to call right as I'm starting a game of DotA.
    So far it's been my mother, a scammer, and a telemarketer. I'M TRYING TO LEARN IMPORTANT THINGS HERE.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited January 2016
    people who believe in the existence of black magic.

i.e she did better than me! 'black magic' or i fucked up! and did strange things - oh noes! confundus charm black magic spell
    or

my socks things have dissappeared!  someone cast a black magic spell.

FFS peeps!

no! it's just psychology, biology and environment! then maybe you need to be a bit more observant? hello?

(someone oughta wingardium leviosaur a club to drop your collective heads >.>)

is dead like the dodo