General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I had to look up what a keurig is, and when I did, I did indeed weep with you - pod coffee is gross and an abomination.

• Lavinya said:
    I had to look up what a keurig is, and when I did, I did indeed weep with you - coffee is gross and an abomination.
    FTFY.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Which is why we only have a keurig for when our parents come to visit. We don't drink coffee, and we rarely use it for anything else.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Ieptix said:
    Lavinya said:
    I had to look up what a keurig is, and when I did, I did indeed weep with you - coffee is gross and an abomination.
    FTFY.
    You must be one of those filthy...

• Only in hot cocoa or chai lattes.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Me: I am sleeping on the couch with my room under quarantine until we can get an exterminator to arrive.

Veteran Bed Bug Friend: Be careful of that. They're used to the smell of your blood now so they'll follow it. That's how our living room got infested.

I hate everything. Also the landlord is basically like "lol this is your problem have you tried buying Raid?" Like what.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I have never met a lawyer, scientist or military who was not a coffee fiend.
  • Kaalak said:
    I have never met a lawyer, scientist or military who was not a coffee fiend.
    Or an Engineer

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• I have never gotten the taste for coffee. There is, however, likely more tea than blood in my veins. 
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • I like both though I usually only drink coffee in the morning in order to wake up. The rest of the day, I prefer tea because I love how there are so many different blends that have unique features. My current favourite is milky oolong.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    If you coffee haters are also including flavoured cappuccinos in your repudiation then I have nothing to say to you. Ever.  =((

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    A USDA panel is suggesting 3-5 cups of black coffee a day can be part of a healthy diet and lifestyle, which sounds insane to me. I'm currently not drinking coffee in hopes that it'll help my headaches and anxiety (which is my general dissatisfaction, I guess), but even as a coffee liker, 3-5 cups sounds outrageous to me! The recommendation is in Part A, page 8, starting at line 297. http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015-scientific-report/pdfs/scientific-report-of-the-2015-dietary-guidelines-advisory-committee.pdf
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Rancoura said:
    If you coffee haters are also including flavoured cappuccinos in your repudiation then I have nothing to say to you. Ever.  =((
    Flavoured cappuccinos are a different thing. I love them but am also very glad that we don't have a Starbucks in town. Otherwise, I'd probably drink nothing else.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I discovered that I am a mountain hipster coffee drinker. On the rare occasions I drink coffee, it's Cafe Bustelo made in one of these image

sweetened with some condensed milk or evaporated milk/sugar. I only do it that way, because it's how my dad does it, and how his mother does it. Abuela takes hers a lot sweeter than mine, though. 

• Daraius said:
    A USDA panel is suggesting 3-5 cups of black coffee a day can be part of a healthy diet and lifestyle, which sounds insane to me. I'm currently not drinking coffee in hopes that it'll help my headaches and anxiety (which is my general dissatisfaction, I guess), but even as a coffee liker, 3-5 cups sounds outrageous to me! The recommendation is in Part A, page 8, starting at line 297. http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015-scientific-report/pdfs/scientific-report-of-the-2015-dietary-guidelines-advisory-committee.pdf
    Bear in mind that they're describing 3-5 6-oz servings - which is about 1 "large" size coffee at most places that sell coffee.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2016
    I don't like coffee but I also can't be a functional member of society until I've woken up. Without coffee that's not until at least noon or later. So coffee is essential to not throwing my co workers out of the windows at 9 am.
    Good news: bed bugs are only in my room and primarily located in box spring which is being tossed the eff out, so we don't have to spend as much money as I feared. It's still gonna hurt though, but definitely not worst case scenario.

Bad news: I accidentally infected my parents' house over the holidays. :-S
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I wish I had the money to go back to school just for fun. I miss taking classes and learning things. I've been trying to learn stuff on my own, but it just isn't the same. I need that external motivation and structure to really enjoy it and get anywhere. :-<
    edited January 2016
    @Phoebus, if you're interested in learning web design, coding, digital marketing or just general design, I can point you to quite a few resources for free online courses and the like.

Edit: Graphic design, too!

Before an earthly flight

Actually I'm just going to throw this one in here, for anyone who's interested: Coursera

Most of the courses are free, I think, and are provided by actual post-secondary instructors.

Before an earthly flight

• Coursera is a wonderful thing. EdX is also great.
  • Just before Christmas my fingers got into a fight with a blender. At least the blender was merciful in its victory and I didn't lose any parts of my fingers.
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • Celina said:
    I don't like coffee but I also can't be a functional member of society until I've woken up. Without coffee that's not until at least noon or later. So coffee is essential to not throwing my co workers out of the windows at 9 am.

I suspect coffee has prevented a number of homicidal actions at your workplace Celina. 

*person sequestered in bathroom, hands gripping both edges of the sink with white knuckles looking at the mirror with a thousand yard stare, mumbling "just one more day with him...its just one more...and they'd find the body...I mean its too much trouble, really..."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Kaalak said:
    @annick

See a medical doctor and a lawyer. 

Depending on state laws, your partner's failure to disclose may be criminal. 

Fortunately the therapies for HIV infection are orders of magnitude better than they were a decade ago. However that doesn't speak to their expense (I don't know off hand), or quite frankly the pain and suffering you are experiencing. Good luck.
    So, a little birdie told me that Truvada is considered a specialty drug. You should expect to pay about $100-150 a month in the US depending on your insurance, and will need a prior auth from your prescription plan. There are a few foundations that can provide assistance if you can't afford it out of pocket, especially if you, for instance, have copays since it'll likely retail for about a rather large sum of money I'm not comfortable disclosing. If you're in the US and have concerns about paying for the drug (or any specialty medication), I may know of a way to get the costs down no matter who carries your insurance. 

TL;DR: It's pricey, but there's help. Hit me up if you're in the US and need to know where to look.
  • To add to the education discussion and excellent resources already given:

I keep on hearing about Khan Academy.  No personal experience with it unfortunately: https://www.khanacademy.org/

A little under the radar but MIT basically said fuck it and put a bunch of their course material online in an extremely generous/groundbreaking action. 

Also you can get university lectures on all sorts of topics as podcasts with itunes iTunes U. Stuff there from Princeton, Stanford, Berkeley, Center for Strategic and International Studies (*shrug*) and unedited audio of American Presidents calling from the Oval Office.  I assume there is an android equivalent. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Khan Academy is good for organic chemistry. At least relative to a random sampling of one professors. It's the only reason I managed to eventually pass it.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    edited January 2016
    Barely slept four hours over the past two days. Ate a plate of spaghetti on Sunday night and haven't eaten since. My stomach is in knots. I'm crying at the drop of a hat and my anxiety has kicked into overdrive. I feel like bed bugs are everywhere (even though they aren't) and I can't go a moment without questioning if I need more rooms treated because that inspection was suspiciously brief. Or maybe I'm paranoid. I honestly don't know anymore. I still keep questioning if I'm organizing it all right for the treatment or if I'm causing them to spread. That would be a nightmare because we'd need to retreat everything all over again.

I want to feel like a person again. :( But I have to teach today and all I have to wear is this one bug-free outfit because I was so tired yesterday I used bleach instead of detergent. Thank God I noticed before hitting wash so I only had to throw some things out, but ugh, limited this morning's options. And this bug-free dress is sleeveless and meanwhile it's definitely not sleeveless dress weather.

Maybe the students won't notice I'm freezing my ass off? And liable to fall over at any moment?
    Daraius said:
  • edited January 2016
    Leolamins said:
    Kaalak said:
    I have never met a lawyer, scientist or military who was not a coffee fiend.
    Or an Engineer
    Non-coffee drinking engineer/chemist in training reporting in.

Khan Academy has also been crucial in helping with my math and science courses in the last year. Can't recommend it enough.