General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Sylandra said:
    I just find being upfront is always preferable to dancing around things. I'm a huge proponent of closure. An afk response on the Internet could mean five million things. A conversation in person is more cut and dry. Hence why I stand by my advice!

(Also when did I ever say I never dated a woman, Mr. Heteronormative Herman? You don't know me, you don't know my life!)

When did I say I was heterosexual? Oh ho ho. :p
  • This has been an excellent exercise in cynicism. But as jaded as dating can easily make you, it's never, ever, ever a good idea to make assumptions about people you don't even know yet, especially when based on actions of other people you've met in the past.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Kaalak said:
    Sylandra said:
    I just find being upfront is always preferable to dancing around things. I'm a huge proponent of closure. An afk response on the Internet could mean five million things. A conversation in person is more cut and dry. Hence why I stand by my advice!

(Also when did I ever say I never dated a woman, Mr. Heteronormative Herman? You don't know me, you don't know my life!)

When did I say I was heterosexual? Oh ho ho. :p
    het·er·o·nor·ma·tive
    ˌhedərōˈnôrmədiv/
    adjective
    1. denoting or relating to a world view that promotes heterosexuality as the normal or preferred sexual orientation.
      "the heteronormative codes of twentieth-century mainstream Western cinema"
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Seeking a babysitter so I can have more dates.

• @Celina You know it's against the charter to talk about the Rules with the straights!!! I'm reporting you to the Gay Authority.

• Watch out @Celina, your gay card is going to be revoked!

You know the shiny laminated one. 

...what do you mean it didn't come laminated!?!?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    The loudest setting on my mobile and earbuds isn't loud enough.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Celina said:
    We gays, on the other hand, do operate on special rules, secret clubs, and universal policies on social interaction.
    My general dissatisfaction: I never received my queerlyfe handbook. I don't know how to properly gay. :C
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Oh sorry, Clause 3 of the Gay Charter references "Gay Time," and makes no promises regarding the timeliness of homosexuals. In fact, you should just assume everything will be late.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I had the politest conversation I've ever had on Grindr today. That's not saying much, as it's still going here. I'm sorry, I get people are into different things, but when you keep pressing and start making insults, why are you going to get offended when I state I'm not interested in you because you're almost as old as me and my mum combined. I really should block people. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Trying to track down my institute's tenured professor because I need to ask him something about a paper I am writing. Unfortunately, he seems to be either out of house or busy with meetings the next weeks. And emails are not his favourite medium of communication (and mine neither when it comes to paper stuff).
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    That guild overhaul announcement from yesterday was some pretty damn depressing news to wake up to -- what a great &%#@ start to my week. Retirement is starting to look a liiiittle more friendly now.

Here's hoping I can salvage this Monday somehow so that it doesn't ruin the next five days as well.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    That guild overhaul announcement from yesterday was some pretty damn depressing news to wake up to -- what a great &%#@ start to my week. Retirement is starting to look a liiiittle more friendly now.

Here's hoping I can salvage this Monday somehow so that it doesn't ruin the next five days as well.

I'm going to stick around since they seem to plan on approaching guild leaders to help transition into the guild overhaul, but once it's in place I'm going to be leaving Lusternia. I thought about retiring Esca and starting somewhere fresh, but I think I've decided against it. Best to just let it go at this point. Taking care of the Nihilists is one of the few things keeping me logging in nowadays, and I'm sure a lot of people are familiar with how easy it is to burn out when it's like that. Besides, a year out should coincide with when I'll be taking 16-18 hour semesters.

I'm sort of getting that "soon-to-be-obsolete" feeling, too. I understand why the overhaul is being done, but that in no way means I have to like it. Especially when my guild has been steadily growing again in activity with active leaders and undersecretaries again and some promising novice retention. Hard to see something that your character has been built pretty much entirely around be discarded.

Before an earthly flight

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rancoura said:
    I'm sort of getting that "soon-to-be-obsolete" feeling, too. I understand why the overhaul is being done, but that in no way means I have to like it. Especially when my guild has been steadily growing again in activity with active leaders and undersecretaries again and some promising novice retention. Hard to see something that your character has been built pretty much entirely around be discarded.

However, it is not going to just be slammed down on us. There is the potential for us to keep much of what we've done, hopefully making it richer (instead of diluting it). It is up to us to make sure that we make something that not only we can live with, but in which we (and our friends) can thrive. I suspect that it will be tough, and I also suspect that the EG (along with Neko and possibly Harbingers) will be hit the hardest out of the bunch for Glomdoring. At the same time, I am also kind of excited to see what we can make of it. That will only work if we're all on board with making the attempt, though, or its failure will be a self-fulfilling prophecy... because there is a lot of room for getting it wrong, especially if decisions are being made by people not (and who never were) in your guild.
    edited February 2016

Xenthos said:
    Rancoura said:

However, it is not going to just be slammed down on us. There is the potential for us to keep much of what we've done, hopefully making it richer (instead of diluting it). It is up to us to make sure that we make something that not only we can live with, but in which we (and our friends) can thrive. I suspect that it will be tough, and I also suspect that the EG (along with Neko and possibly Harbingers) will be hit the hardest out of the bunch for Glomdoring. At the same time, I am also kind of excited to see what we can make of it. That will only work if we're all on board with making the attempt, though, or its failure will be a self-fulfilling prophecy... because there is a lot of room for getting it wrong, especially if decisions are being made by people not (and who never were) in your guild.

I understand what you're saying, but I've spent over a third of my life with Lusternia by now, and when I feel like I'm being dumped on (by the general waterfall, I'm aware that I'm only one of many who are beneath it), it's a little difficult to find the will to commit the time and effort to creating something I'm not even sure I want to stick around for -- especially when I'm guessing that amount of time and effort will be similar to the amount previously committed to a guild that will no longer exist.

Either way, I'm going to stew on this a bit, give it some real thought, and probably come to a decision in a few days. I'm frankly very tired and this hit me hard, so I'm not going to jump the gun and make up my mind before rationally thinking about things and weighing the odds. 

Edit: I'm not trying to make it sound like I'm abandoning Glomdoring. I just really need to take a step back and consider what Lusternia is giving back to me these days vs. what I'm giving to it.

Before an earthly flight

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    @Rancoura and @Esca - I don't understand why this can't be the evolution of your characters and guilds. You have the oppurtunity to have your hand in this transition, push the things that are important and evolve your guild to the next stage. I think that's awesome. Also, as Peyton Manning said last night(go broncos), don't make an emotional decision. You guys will be missed.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Rancoura said:

Xenthos said:
    Rancoura said:

I understand what you're saying, but I've spent over a third of my life with Lusternia by now, and when I feel like I'm being dumped on (by the general waterfall, I'm aware that I'm only one of many who are beneath it), it's a little difficult to find the will to commit the time and effort to creating something I'm not even sure I want to stick around for -- especially when I'm guessing that amount of time and effort will be similar to the amount previously committed to a guild that will no longer exist.

Either way, I'm going to stew on this a bit, give it some real thought, and probably come to a decision in a few days. I'm frankly very tired and this hit me hard, so I'm not going to jump the gun and make up my mind before rationally thinking about things and weighing the odds. 

Edit: I'm not trying to make it sound like I'm abandoning Glomdoring. I just really need to take a step back and consider what Lusternia is giving back to me these days vs. what I'm giving to it.
    I think with the right amount of effort, there are some great lore reasons we can put in there. We're creating a new, stronger union in the name of the Wyrd. This doesn't mean we need to abandon our lore, but instead that we can expand it. It will be a light disarming at first, but with the right roleplaying, I think we can totally make it work in the commune. There is nothing to say that the Shadowdancer's flair cannot be ingrained into the factions of the new system either. It's still totally possible to isolate the classes in the new factions for lore. And, most importantly, you don't have to do it all alone.
  • Rancoura said:

Xenthos said:
    Rancoura said:

Your reaction may honestly not entirely with the guild overhaul or even Lusternia specifically. Working 18 hour days, feeling tired, considering effort/reward; maybe you are mulling over changing priorities for a while?
  • Last retirement took <24 hours to complete.. One I'm waiting for now has been nearly three and a half days.

Bleh. :/
  • Investigating 
  • Har, 5 minutes later it got approved. Thank you! :)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I hate being so emotionally involved in a game. Sometimes it's so bad that if something small doesn't go my way, I go through a range of emotions and actions including getting defensive and wanting to explain myself, getting defensive and wanting to point fingers, getting pissed off and yelling at my screen, snapping at my family for small things, wanting to retire every one of my characters and just walk away, or writing hateful emails, deleting them, and then writing more.

So I'm going to apologise beforehand if I snap at any of you in the near future, or if I have lately. I've just got a lot going on in my home life and work, and my only source of releasing pressure (Lusternia) isn't helping as much as it used to.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited February 2016
    So we know you're over capacity right now, so much in fact that we are taking 9 of your 44 stores from you starting next month and creating a new territory and hiring someone to fill it...but that's next month.

This month we need you to cover for this other team. So you'll be over capacity....two times over. And you have to hit all our goals, and "too busy" is not an excuse. Even though we've already admitted you're too busy.

• Shaddus said:
    I hate being so emotionally involved in a game. Sometimes it's so bad that if something small doesn't go my way, I go through a range of emotions and actions including getting defensive and wanting to explain myself, getting defensive and wanting to point fingers, getting pissed off and yelling at my screen, snapping at my family for small things, wanting to retire every one of my characters and just walk away, or writing hateful emails, deleting them, and then writing more.

So I'm going to apologise beforehand if I snap at any of you in the near future, or if I have lately. I've just got a lot going on in my home life and work, and my only source of releasing pressure (Lusternia) isn't helping as much as it used to.
    Sooo... ....you want MOAR mudsex? xD
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I need to divorce my computer and the internet. 

is dead like the dodo
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Nothing like being asked to organize a small gathering at my house, being given a recommended day and time, going through the work of getting the house in order and snacks arranged; and then have nobody show up. Not a single person. And then you wonder why I get so frustrated.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited February 2016
    Yeah that's the height of bullshit. It's like we all don't have a device that can send a message into space at lightspeed and bounce it around the planet.