Simple Ideas

Comments

• I think Yarou is wanting to do qw Serenwilde and see everyone who is seren or w/e
  • CWHO
    **********************[ THE GRAND DOMINION OF MAGNAGORA ]**********************
    Citizen                Rank                     Position                    CT
    Thul                   Supervisor                                           On
    Blaeke                 Laborer                                              On
    Krackenor              Count                    Iron Council                On
    Yarou                  Mistress                 City Aide                   On
    Sylvanas               Laborer                                              On
    Hyde                   Marquis                  City Aide                   On
    Arimisia               Countess                 Iron Council                On
    Ixion                  Marquis                  City Aide                   On
    Rienai                 Serf                                                 On
    Marcella               Viscountess                                          On
    Dorgoth                Serf                                                 On
    Currently, there are 11 Citizens on this Plane and 9 on other Planes.

QW MAGNAGORA
    Dorgoth, Rienai, Salith, Sylvanas, Yarou.
    (*) Currently, there are 20 Magnagorans on this Plane and 51 on other Planes.

• Yarou said:
    CWHO
    **********************[ THE GRAND DOMINION OF MAGNAGORA ]**********************
    Citizen                Rank                     Position                    CT
    Thul                   Supervisor                                           On
    Blaeke                 Laborer                                              On
    Krackenor              Count                    Iron Council                On
    Yarou                  Mistress                 City Aide                   On
    Sylvanas               Laborer                                              On
    Hyde                   Marquis                  City Aide                   On
    Arimisia               Countess                 Iron Council                On
    Ixion                  Marquis                  City Aide                   On
    Rienai                 Serf                                                 On
    Marcella               Viscountess                                          On
    Dorgoth                Serf                                                 On
    Currently, there are 11 Citizens on this Plane and 9 on other Planes.

QW MAGNAGORA
    Dorgoth, Rienai, Sylvanas, Yarou.
    (*) Currently, there are 20 Magnagorans on this Plane and 51 on other Planes.
    edit: lol salith isn't a magnagoran silly me

• A way to buy demigod. Gold, credits, whatever. And then maybe have a way to convert gold to essence afterwards.

I think we're late enough in the game that we can do this.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited February 2016
    Vivet said:
    For five million gold, let us FORM MASTER CARTEL FROM <clan/cartel>.

Instead of having tons of cartels for everything, you can just submit a design for any trade with a master cartel. Keep the same restrictions for public/private submissions for a year as a standard cartel. Perfect for the dabblers who are only sometimes inspired, and often for different trades.

This would be especially nice for families and orders! Instead of a billion cartels with only a smattering of designs in each, you could have one unified cartel for the lot of them. It would be so much more nicely organized. 8-> I love it.
  • edited February 2016
    Vivet said:
    For five million gold, let us FORM MASTER CARTEL FROM <clan/cartel>.

Instead of having tons of cartels for everything, you can just submit a design for any trade with a master cartel. Keep the same restrictions for public/private submissions for a year as a standard cartel. Perfect for the dabblers who are only sometimes inspired, and often for different trades.

Not sure about the cost, but yes please.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Some means of trading designs among cartels to go along with it? [-O<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Ooh, if we make the coalitions thing, could we do this at the sametime? Merge all the guild cartels into a single org cartel?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Artifact to remove affinity malus 150 credits
  • Maybe artifact can also boost your positive affinity (slightly)
  • I honestly think we could do with removing affinity at this point. I can't even remember the original reason that it was implemented, but it still makes very little sense in the grand scheme of things and it just pigeonholes people into avenues of roleplay rather than letting people grow in their own directions.
  • It was implemented because Fain was taking over Glomdoring by planting his org members in every position of importance.
  • Well, he was trying to.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Definitely not because of the Fain thing. Affinity came long after both incidents. 
  • edited February 2016
    Celina said:
    Definitely not because of the Fain thing. Affinity came long after both incidents. 
    The reason I was told by other players were the admin didn't want the same thing happening to Hallifax/gaudi that was tried in Glom.
  • It's a pretty stupid mechanic 
  • Simple idea: Expand typecasts, perhaps duplicate some between orgs.  I noticed the need because of Harmonious - the two guilds with the Harmony skillset cannot be Harmonious.  It's not even a play on words.  I'm sure there are similar arguments for more variety or cross-use by other guilds and orgs.  The current list of typecasts don't always cover all of the stereotypes of a given org.

• edited February 2016
    Even if Fain had managed to take over Glomdoring, it likely wouldn't have lasted long. Hell, it probably would've been interesting to say the very least if the attempt had been made in earnest. You would've had some actual interesting internal conflict rather than the internal conflict of useless gripe variety. I still don't think affinity is really the answer to that, nor should it have been.

Edit: Not to mention, it doesn't really prevent it so much as it just makes it really annoying to try.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I definitely think affinity should be removed. If it absolutely must remain in some form, then it needs to be adjusted to make more sense. Like Xenthos said above, there is no good reason for joining an order to cut your offerings in half if people not in the order still get full effectiveness. The essence drain is punishment enough; the offering malus is just excessive.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Heck, I left Manny's order since I didn't see a point in staying after moving to Gaudi. Drain, malus, more so with more order rank? No thanks. Which is a shame, I dig Papa Spookies RP.
  • I stayed at 3rd place in Yomoigu's order until I had to leave due to quitting. I kept up with affinity sheerly due to massive ur'bashing constantly.

It's work.
  • Can libraries please allow for books to be purchased from them?

Like the requirement would be that they need the Master Copy to be shelved at that library and then for like the outlay + 100 * the check out cost you could by a magiccopy of the book for your own shelving with the proceeds being divided between the library and the owner (straight into the relevant bankaccount).

I kinda want to build up Saran's personal library even if it doesn't have much of a purpose :P
  • Hrm, clearly there is a market for a bookshop. Someone get on it. (Or I might.)

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Just to throw my hat in the ring, about 50% of why I left Darv's order was because of that affinity thing. It's no fun if you see you're suddenly not really contributing anymore and it's a sad thing. I think affinity should be done by with or at least be replaced with a different mechanic.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • The thing is, affinity simply solidifies the idea that Orders are parts of the greater organization (cities and communes). Removing this hindrance might open up a whole new can of worms -- what if, say, Tarkenton joins Manteekhan's Order, and Glomdoring and Gaudiguch go to war? What happens if Mysrai's Order raids Manteekhan's realm? 

It's just simpler and cleaner to lock all the sub-orgs into the six main organizations.
    See you in Sapience.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Mortal politics are irrelevant to divine politics. Affinity is stupid (and oh god I didn't realise my offerings were halved, that is just insanely unfair. I worked my butt off and NO WONDER my super figurine was less than super. UGH.) Case in point, @Morgfyre and @Zvoltz made peace and the orders had an agreement to leave each other alone because of it, despite Magnagora and Hallifax not being allies. (Btw now that you guys are around again it would be super cool to see where you were going with this!!! I loved the notion of a bridge being mended between the traitors and the other guys.)

I think affinity leads people to be far more flippant with orders and membership. Jumping org, gonna be a drain, better just quit and join another. While that I'm sure works for some, it isn't sensical for others. Like me. Morg is super pissed with me for leaving Magnagora but Lavinya hasn't suddenly changed all her beliefs and ideals because she lives elsewhere. She only joined Glom after they made an allowance for her to stay in the order even.

I think affinity is an out dated mechanic. Orgs can still police who they allow their citizens to join (Like I'm sure Glom wouldn't allow a follower of Lisaera to join and stay in her order) so it's not complete chaos. It's just an unneeded penalty. People move around, they suffer lesson losses, why should they also endure affinity? We gotta do what we gotta do to keep the game fun. Working twice as hard to keep giving to a god who you adore and want to keep serving just because you find fun in a different org is uncool.

• Lerad said:
    Hrm, clearly there is a market for a bookshop. Someone get on it. (Or I might.)
    I started working on Muirn and I'm just looking at my bookshelf going... "Like, I really want more books for you but I can't get any :'("