Simple Ideas

Comments

• Also could we steal icons (god focused furniture for manses) and monuments (things like fountains and the like) from Midkemia?

I want a home shrine in memory of Elcyrion :(
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2016
    Lerad said:
    Hrm, clearly there is a market for a bookshop. Someone get on it. (Or I might.)
    Written books can be sold in shops, but I'm pretty sure you can't read them on the shelves. So you'd have to literally judge the book by its cover and buy it before you could read a word of it.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Daraius said:
    Lerad said:
    Hrm, clearly there is a market for a bookshop. Someone get on it. (Or I might.)
    Written books can be sold in shops, but I'm pretty sure you can't read them on the shelves. So you'd have to literally judge the book by its cover and buy it before you could read a word of it.
    Should allow authors the option to add a summary that can be read from shop wares (and elsewhere.) Like looking at the back cover to see what a book is about.
  • Affinity, yeah.  If I start this rant, my head will pop.  So I'll leave it at this: allow orders and orgs to police themselves.  Sneaky types will be sneaky.  So long as there exist means to discover the sneaky, I'm ok with that.  I understand the desire to strongly align gods with their respective orgs.  Affinity is a straitjacket when a lesser hindrance would be better for the game.  Allow the opportunity for drama, conflict and variety.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maybe we should let gods set their own affinity. For instance, Darvellan decides that his affinity with Celest is 100%. Thus, he has no essence drain for members in Celest, they give 1000 essence per weave, and their offerings are at 100%. He decides that his affinity with Serenwilde is 66% (they're alright, and aren't too far from his beliefs). No essence drain, less essence a weave, less essence per offering. Gaudiguch is just not his cup of tea. 33% Affinity, slight essence drain per weave, no essence gain per weave, offerings at 33%. Magnagora? Get out of here. 0% affinity, massive essence drain per weave, offerings at 10%. Unlike most gods, Darvellan has a soft spot for rogues. Affinity is 50%: 0 essence gain per weave, no loss, 50% offerings.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lavinya said:
    Mortal politics are irrelevant to divine politics.
    That is sometimes true and sometimes not true. Was booted from Lyreth's order due to political decisions made as CL in Hallifax that went against Lyreth's values, and He refused to let Hallis join His order while Hallifax was allied with Magnagora. Felt completely justified.

I think one thing to keep in mind during this is that regardless of whether or not we keep affinity, gods are still tied to organizations. They just are. They work as patrons, they have ideals that align with specific orgs over others, etc. And if your god's main followers are all part of another foreign organization that they aren't allied with, well, maybe you're okay with that? But it seems to invite a certain cognitive dissonance, which can lead to uncomfortable situations like the one I mentioned above.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Saran said:
    Also could we steal icons (god focused furniture for manses) and monuments (things like fountains and the like) from Midkemia?

this would be amazing. Buy an item from a shop, attune it at a Mastershrine, plant it in your manse.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Affinity is common sense more than a "straight jacket." Conflicting loyalties always, always, ends in one of two ways.  Badly, in that the person is removed or forced to convert, or people act as if it doesn't exist at all and the conversation is shelved. 

When players are forced to choose between an org and a god, they tend to just opt out of choosing. There's no new drama or conflict in the long term. 

• Shaddus said:
    Saran said:
    Also could we steal icons (god focused furniture for manses) and monuments (things like fountains and the like) from Midkemia?

this would be amazing. Buy an item from a shop, attune it at a Mastershrine, plant it in your manse.
    Yeah, I'd want to be able to design them personal like but also have them tie to the god somehow. (And then I will have my own shrine to Hoaracle and won't have to walk all the way up Avechna :P)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2016
    Family honor for Seal winners!!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • We need more filtering for ARTIFACT comment, ARTIFACT SEARCH, ARTIFACT SEARCH <STRING>, ARTIFACT DINGBATS, ARTIFACT RUNE, etcetera.
  • edited February 2016
    Pls modify the math on the facility quest so that like... it's more than whatever it is right now, I'm getting like one success a round, which becomes really obnoxious if you don't proc it and it starts looking like you'd need to spend fifteen hours alone in the facility to maybe complete the quest. :(

The gnomes slapping me because they can't make their crystals is potentially making it more irksome.

@Estarra @Maylea @Hoaracle @CrystalDragonJesusIDontKnowPleaseLetMeOffThisRide
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    One of my favourite thing about the commodity producing gnewpies is that the admin were great enough to build in a "gnewpie collect" function directly into the game, which lets you collect from all comm producing gnewpies at once, even if they are not sitting right in your inventory at the moment (and in a pack or something).

Right now, I'm struggling with how to reduce inventory bloat and the best way seems to be keeping all the genie bottles out. If I want to rub them, though, I'll need to haul them all out of the curiobox, rub, then return them. It gets really command heavy. If it were easy enough to add in a "geniebottle collect", I'd appreciate that a lot.

• @Vivet, I kinda wish the Dollhouse was something I could drop in my manse and leave there, giving the ability to summon dolls at a distance. Sure it condenses them but I could also achieve the same thing with a fesix pack.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Can we have current class and archetype added to the list of possible privs for shopkeeping? So that you could set a bin for (say) people with the Hartstone class active? Or any warriors from any org? 
  • Enyalida said:
    Can we have current class and archetype added to the list of possible privs for shopkeeping? So that you could set a bin for (say) people with the Hartstone class active? Or any warriors from any org? 
    With factions coming up I would rather have it by skill. It has the same effect in that if you only want people with a certain class you can just use the class specific tag, but allows you to do things like Runes.
    Given the recent changes to armor and whatnot, how about removing tradeskill limits between archtypes? Let us have priests that can forge their own chainmail, or bard that can tattoo.
  • It would be cool if we'd get the Charites' comments together with the designmessage if a design is rejected. I often use the mobile app and that way, you could already start thinking about what you have to change before you log in and change the actual design.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Can we pay for up to 100 months in the stable please?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I just want that mother loving corpse vendor to die.
  • Vivet said:
    If someone is no longer online but we find their beast out, it would be nice if we had the option to SHOO <beast> to nuisance them into returning to their stables. Would be a nice way to help out the absent-minded folk who don't have collared critters.
    Also to get a certain spambot out of the Aetherplex.
  • Vivet said:
    If someone is no longer online but we find their beast out, it would be nice if we had the option to SHOO <beast> to nuisance them into returning to their stables. Would be a nice way to help out the absent-minded folk who don't have collared critters.
    Needs a bit more than that or would work on people who simply disconnected. Maybe if they don't log in by the time the day turns?
  • I was told I wouldn't be able to wear any kind of armour, including a leather vest, over my tunic. I would like it to be possible to wear one over my tunic, and don't see why I shouldn't be able to. I want to be faeling Han Solo.
  • Neftarys said:
    I was told I wouldn't be able to wear any kind of armour, including a leather vest, over my tunic. I would like it to be possible to wear one over my tunic, and don't see why I shouldn't be able to. I want to be faeling Han Solo.
    You could try to design one with a vest built in
  • Steingrim said:
    Neftarys said:
    I was told I wouldn't be able to wear any kind of armour, including a leather vest, over my tunic. I would like it to be possible to wear one over my tunic, and don't see why I shouldn't be able to. I want to be faeling Han Solo.
    You could try to design one with a vest built in
    Yeah, but then I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the leather vest perks over my tattoos in PVP :/
  • Tattoo armour is one of the best (if not the best) in game.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Twytch said:
    Tattoo armour is one of the best (if not the best) in game.
    So I hear. But I was told you can get its benefits while wearing a leather vest over it, and using said vest to attach a... I forget what - a knot? - but something that gives you situational damage resistance of some kind.