Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• The sea battle is made of ass. Mind you, History of the Elder (Tree) Wars has spawned its share of snarling frustration moments. Gaudi and Halli were, last I checked, largely exempt to opportunistic grief.
  • Also, Serenwilde and Glomdoring are constantly forced to work together for the sake NATURE, whereas Celest and Magnagora hasn't had common ground since the Xion Initiative.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited February 2016
    A glom chopped 20 of Serens Elders a few days ago. The forests have had more than their fair share of griefy spite.

Gaudi/Halli can still grief eachother's epic quests, which happens on occasion, but I think largely it's a cultural thing. Gaudi's combatants are all really old and we're tired of all that mess. We'd rather fight you than kill your random mob. We wish you'd just cut it out and preferably get the hell off our lawn. *shake cane* Halli would rather be fretting over the stains their tea cups left on their papework.

edit: Multiple defenders is only lame when you're solo raiding and 3 orgs show up to defend. 
  • The Sea Battle. Easily the Sea Battle. I feel like Mag/Celest have the most conflict quests between the two of them too but that may just be my gut talking.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Celina said:
    A glom chopped 20 of Serens Elders a few days ago. The forests have had more than their fair share of griefy spite.

Gaudi/Halli can still grief eachother's epic quests, which happens on occasion, but I think largely it's a cultural thing. Gaudi's combatants are all really old and we're tired of all that mess. We'd rather fight you then kill your random mob. We wish you'd just cut it out and preferably get the hell off our lawn. *shake cane* Halli would rather be fretting over the stains their tea cups left on their papework.

edit: Multiple defenders is only lame when you're solo raiding and 3 orgs show up to defend. 
    Pretty much this. It's not that stuff can't happen - it can, and does sometimes (especially with the Hand quest). It's just that usually when it does, it's because people on either side aren't communicating well, then after the fuss roils a bit it goes away again.
  • edited February 2016
    Yarith said:
    Killing a mob in an org then running isn't exactly conflict. Apart from being completely paying attention to the game at the point in time, there's nothing you can really do to prevent it. Most city/commune mobs fall over really quickly, even faster if you have a damageshift up. If you want to call running in and killing a mob conflict, great, whatever, no one really cares 'cause you haven't achieved anything. If you want meaningful conflict/pvp though, you're going to have to try a lot harder.
    There's plenty you can do to prevent it and I say that as someone who has stopped would-be folks from doing it.

Killing org mobs doesn't really do much except deal a blow to morale. Or more commonly when I do it, I'm trying to incite a response and bait people elsewhere and it works for the most part OR I'm running distraction duty.

On the same token though, raiding an organization at a time when you know they have virtually no one around is equally pointless. People still do it anyway. There's different strokes for different folks and how they get their jollies in PvP. I'm generally down for whatever.

As for people "teaming", it happens all the time on both sides. I've just gotten used to it at this point and thankfully, it's easier to deal with as a Druid. It's definitely to be expected if you hit up their mobs. I expect Serenwilde to respond in force if I go into their forest. What usually ends up happening is that people on MY side see that I'm fighting too and it snowballs into those lovely little Faethorn fights that people seem to enjoy.

As for Celest and Magnagora, there used to be a lot more bad blood against the players in each org compared to today. I'd have to say that Lusternia on a whole is relatively more chill than what it was before. I've had a few people call me a bitch, whore, etc. OOCly but those have been really far and few in between.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Today's tweet is, phonecall and combat doesn't mix well, surprised we did so well still.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited February 2016
    Twytch said:
    What is it with Celest/Managora that turns it's players all angry ragey? I've never noticed this amount of frustration between Serenwilde/Glomdoring (even with elder trees) our Gaudiguch/Hallifax.

I blame Sea-battle. Delete plz.

Edit: (Either that or introduce the same painstaking, eye-ball popping, screen breaking mechanic to all the rest and watch Lusternia burn)
  • edited February 2016
    Can't blame events like sea battle for that in my opinion. Events are fun.
  • I dunno, sea battle is just such a toxic mechanic that im sure both sides would love to see gone. I've seen it do more bad than good, and especially to people that really didnt deserve it, Aeldra comes to mind.

It comes down to a game of "Who fired first?" and each org attempted to repay the other by thwarting sea battle, especially since whenever the Epic of each is done, it somehow inhibits the progress of each in some fashion. It used to be far more worse, but has been toned down, which frankly wasnt the problem, the problem was the Sea battle itself. Truth be told, this topic has been brought up so many times now (alongside the elder tree fiasco) that it is basically stale and I really dont see any changes happening.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Damn, I missed the forum drama. I hate censorship.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • When I was doing the Gaudiguch epic quest, a certain someone was screwing with me really hard but preferred to stay anonymous. About the third time they did a counter-quest I was ready to poop myself. Someone else was hunting and taking some of the stuff I needed.

Honestly, I don't even know if the screwery was totally intentional because they didn't go as far as assassinating a few key NPCs. I'm pretty sure people were just questing and hunting, totally unaware of my noobish flailing.

But it made getting the belt much more satisfying.
  • #shrubgate2016
    #hideyourkids
    #hideyourhusbands
    #hideyourshaddus
    #hideyourwives
  • Was it someone doing the mirror quest? Because the mirror quest is sometimes spammed for Vernal curios. It's one of the better sources for em.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Chirbo said:
    #shrubgate2016
    #hideyourkids
    #hideyourhusbands
    #hideyourshaddus
    #hideyourwives

the jokes on you, I've only been playing Gwenelle lately.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Chirbo said:
    #shrubgate2016
    #hideyourkids
    #hideyourhusbands
    #hideyourshaddus
    #hideyourwives

the jokes on you, I've only been playing Gwenelle lately.
    woah so you really are me
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Holy shit I didn't know about attaching a file, thanks Chirbo.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Thul said:
    Justice tomorrow. Not ready, but...

Edit: How u do gifs
    Thul, why'd you have to go Mag instead of Halli. :(

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I can't make it for justice. Sad panda.

then hover back over the bottom and hit delete or you'll post a large and small

• Maligorn said:
    Thul, why'd you have to go Mag instead of Halli. :(
    Monk guilds.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    That nearly made me go Mag instead of Gaudi. Still tempted every so often, ninja looks fun.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited February 2016
    @Chirbo you fool you have only made me more powerful.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    @Chirbo you fool you have only made me more powerful.

• Tarkenton said:
    That nearly made me go Mag instead of Gaudi. Still tempted every so often, ninja looks fun.
    Yeah, I am often tempted to by the Nekotai.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

This discussion has been closed.