Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Apparently I can see ALL reports, or at least a list of them. I just put in REPORTS as a syntax and got a suggestion to do REPORTS LIST which I did, and now I can see at least the names of all the reports.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    You can't see the report details that are under 'report list draft' or 'report list pending,' but you can read ones that are 'report list finalised' or 'report list submitted'

And special reports I guess.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Ah ok! Cool! Didn't know I could see ANY of them.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • ah man, I missed the postwar.

@Lerad who said that the -chem damagebombs were brought to the attention of the Envoys before Rikenfriez: concerns regarding Reality were raised even before I was an Illuminati. 

@Sidd who said that shielding during combat was unrealistic: totally agree! Maybe someone should tell that to @Celina, who so graciously flaunted it as a counter to Reality.

Tweet: it takes so long to build village feelings. Damn you Rockholm/Southgard!
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    "Graciously flaunting shield" does not make sense. Just for the record.

Reality and Chemancy damage bombs don't work the same, and the tears over Shuyin were regarding a specific tactic of jumping into a enemy mob and dropping reality. Which is actually countered by shield. The same way it would counter someone walking in a damage bombing a group. Only...they are used differently.

Honestly, the false equivalency, horribly skewed bias partisan agenda pushing is killing my brain cells by the minute. And I'm a heavy drinker so I'd prefer to save them.

Learn more and do better, then get back to me. You physically exhaust me.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2013
    Majanishi said:
    Ah ok! Cool! Didn't know I could see ANY of them.
    You can also read all of our reports with REPORT LIST SERENGUARD, regardless of their status.

Also, I was under the impression that the base damage for linked chemantic skills like this were already fixed? Was aerochem left out or are problems still lingering across the board? Might want to take the time to bug it just in case.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited March 2013
    Celina said:
    Reality and Chemancy damage bombs don't work the same, and the tears over Shuyin were regarding a specific tactic of jumping into a enemy mob and dropping reality. Which is actually countered by shield. The same way it would counter someone walking in a damage bombing a group. Only...they are used differently.

Learn more and do better, then get back to me.
    If someone walks into a group and anyone is unshielded and uses reality, the effect is apparent immediately, and they have at least two defenses that can help them easily escape the enemy group. And reality will persist in the room for some time.

If someone walks into an enemy group and uses any of the adjuvants/spores/catalyst, the effect won't be apparent for 10 seconds, in which the -chemancer has no defenses that easily aid in escape from the group, and if they leave the room, you still have several seconds to simply shield. And once it goes off, it's gone from the room.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Neos said:
    Celina said:

If someone walks into a group and anyone is unshielded and uses reality, the effect is apparent immediately, and they have at least two defenses that can help them easily escape the enemy group. And reality will persist in the room for some time.

If someone walks into an enemy group and uses any of the adjuvants/spores/catalyst, the effect won't be apparent for 10 seconds, in which the -chemancer has no defenses that easily aid in escape from the group, and if they leave the room, you still have several seconds to simply shield. And once it goes off, it's gone from the room.
    Or (especially with Thinktank) you can just spam them from a different room and never walk into the enemy group at all! That was the point you were trying to make, right?
    Neos said:
    Celina said:

This is mostly correct (shield turtling in the middle of a group fight isn't all that realistic), and makes my point that they are used in entirely different scenarios with entirely different methods. If people want to debate the different factors of each, that's cool. The false equivelency being drawn, however, is stupid. The skills are not similar. So saying shield works for one and not the other doesn't default to being partisan gibber jabber. It's actually possible for two entirely different skills to be prevented or countered by different things.

That's all I'm pointing out.

@On topic:

Tacita spent a lot of time looking over my book and suggesting fixes. I've been so busy with work and have only been able to play for a couple hours (if that) a day....and forgot about the book...and the letter with the revisions decayed.

Here's hoping she saved a copy!

edited March 2013
    Xenthos said:
    Neos said:
    Celina said:

Or (especially with Thinktank) you can just spam them from a different room and never walk into the enemy group at all! That was the point you were trying to make, right?
    While I don't care either way, they don't break shield, so unless you're attacking from afar, fighting, or doing something that requires your shield to be down, keep a shield up, they don't break them, also, you can just check ql every now and then. Also, my point is clarification on differences, adjuvants/spores/catalyst can go the way of Choke for all I care.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited March 2013
    Celina said:

@On topic:

Tacita spent a lot of time looking over my book and suggesting fixes. I've been so busy with work and have only been able to play for a couple hours (if that) a day....and forgot about the book...and the letter with the revisions decayed.

Here's hoping she saved a copy!

Like I trust anyone enough to make the letter the only copy.

I'll resend it ;)

ETA: Septim also spent a long time looking it over too. Hooray, proof-reading minion :D
    ^:)^
  • Well if reality drops you into a room right before a bunch of chemantic bombs go off then the skills would overlap in that you could argue both that reality and or the bombs were the cause of death. 

Sure, the odds of that happening are currently zero and will eventually rise to virtually zero but in that particular freakishly unlikely scenario the problems presented would be equivalent. 

• Neos said:
    Celina said:

Or in my case, if I walk into a room where it had already been used, then I get hit by it without any warning simply because I walked in at a bad time.
    Morshoth said:
    Neos said:
    Celina said:

Or in my case, if I walk into a room where it had already been used, then I get hit by it without any warning simply because I walked in at a bad time.
    Look before you leap, even in a drunken haze. Duh.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Does it show a message in the rooms adjacent if it's got a radius going? If not, it's perfectly possible to walk into a room with a cloud charging next door and get whacked like that. And you can't exactly squint around corners.
    Thul said:
    Does it show a message in the rooms adjacent if it's got a radius going? If not, it's perfectly possible to walk into a room with a cloud charging next door and get whacked like that. And you can't exactly squint around corners.
    The message shows in all rooms within the hit radius.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Demo of buffed catalyst damage.

After seeing how the endurance modifiers stack to overinflate costs, I would question if this level of damage results more from how all the damage modifers Morbo stacked here interact with each other.
  • Did you have any of the affs? 8k+ damage is pretty out of control

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    That was the quantum catalyst, not vacuum. So it doesn't scale with afflictions (other than sensitivity).
  • Lol for someone who doesn't care Neos sure is defending the skill pretty hard.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lol for someone who would have defended the skill a week ago, Daedalion is suddenly on the receiving end :D
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Daedalion said:
    Lol for someone who doesn't care Neos sure is defending the skill pretty hard.
    I'm not defending anything, I'm clarifying. No where have I really argued against anything anyone has said. My last few post have been clarifying things so people have all the information. I've stated to multiple people and on multiple occasions that I would love to see the adjuvants/equivalents deleted entirely.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited March 2013
    Ushaara said:
    Demo of buffed catalyst damage.

After seeing how the endurance modifiers stack to overinflate costs, I would question if this level of damage results more from how all the damage modifers Morbo stacked here interact with each other.
    I think that's the case on doing more testing. Tulemrah did a more reasonable 2600 damage to me outside of a meld (about balestone levels, for more power). So imo, lower the base damage slightly, and the scaling drastically.

Thinktank seems to buff the damage way more than is reasonable and more than advertised.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Report 1117 is up, to fix the thinktank/links problem.
  • Just dropping by to say I know I am a bad envoy, and have therefore repeatedly asked the other envoys for help with this special report. I have not gotten the sort of responses I was looking for, so if the reports are still lacking, I'm sorry, but I've done all I can. I still have no internet at home and I now have two jobs. I do not have the time to handle more reports.
  • So part of the problem might be how the multipliers may be stacking multiplicatively and thus boosting the damage to obscene levels? Well, good to know it's not the admins somehow managing to typo the base damage forumla or something, then. Not difficult to resolve. Monk damage multipliers have suffered from the same problem before, and fixing them was not difficult. 8.5k on the quantum catalyst, huh. Haha, I feel like a fool for being concerned at Aquoxitism damage when it first came up. Neos, you have my sympathies. Or maybe we should all just blame Neos. If he'd stacked all his modifiers and boosted Aquachem to such insane levels, we would've headed off this mess long before. Hmm hmm.

@Tulemrah I don't speak for other people, but if you're at least willing to learn and do your best (everyone needs to learn), which you are as far as I can see, that's all we can ask of you. There may be other envoys who may be willing to put in the legwork to do the heavy lifting for you (making reports) if you ask, Lots of maybes in there, but you got nothing to lose by asking. Thanks for volunteering for the game despite your schedule.

In tweets: I'm losing my drive to grind for curios. Someone help. =(

Lerad said:
    If he'd stacked all his modifiers and boosted Aquachem to such insane levels, we would've headed off this mess long before. Hmm hmm.
    I don't have modifiers to stack, and after the first week or so, basically everyone who was Aquachem switched back to Aquamancy, sans one person.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Tulemrah said:
    Just dropping by to say I know I am a bad envoy, and have therefore repeatedly asked the other envoys for help with this special report. I have not gotten the sort of responses I was looking for, so if the reports are still lacking, I'm sorry, but I've done all I can. I still have no internet at home and I now have two jobs. I do not have the time to handle more reports.
    It isn't your responsibility to fulfill the desires of what -everyone- else wants out of the class you represent. You've done your job and don't need to feel bad about all the stuff people are saying. They have their own envoy representatives for a reason and it is they that are failing if they are complaining that no report is up to fix the damage (which now there is thanks to Enyalida)
This discussion has been closed.