Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Rancoura said:
    This is the second time Rancoura has been given flowers by someone she frequently meets on the battlefield. Not sure if  ;;) or  :-?
    !!! brb sending crystal flowers
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It occurs to me that I don't know what the non-divinus whips look like, I've only ever seen or used the divinus whip. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Even though I'm broke, I can't wait to see April's monthly deal. I hope it's auctions or the Wayfaire.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Being ganked by overwhelming numbers is not my idea of fun. 

• edited April 2016
    Nothing to see here.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Me being a dolt on Air and dying to someone I shouldn't have (I ended up making a list of everything I did wrong and went through to fix them) has somehow led to a Terentia shrine on Etherglom, and I can only remember half of it. Maybe I should put the coffee down and get some proper sleep.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I thought enemy shrines weren't able to be put up in org territory anymore.
  • No, war shrines aren't able to be put up in any territory except your own org's. No other shrine restrictions were put in place.

It's just that war shrines are the only real offensive shrines, so that basically made it effectively "enemy shrines aren't able to be put up in org territory" - though not strictly technically the case.

Please don't put a line in your newbie scroll about asking for an orientation if said orientation is just going to be someone telling you to read the newbie scroll.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It's probably up to the person. There're times when I'm free and a newbie asks (or a newbie doesn't ask) and I give them a magic carpet ride about the wonderful world of Glomdoring - but there are times when I'm busy or leaving and I can only point them to the scroll with a couple token lines of "What a beautiful world'.

• Guess I'm not getting a nose this month x.x
    beep
    So....yeah. Have any of you heard of anyone hitting it big in the Wakabidrome? Do people actually like this thing?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    So....yeah. Have any of you heard of anyone hitting it big in the Wakabidrome? Do people actually like this thing?
    Not really, I can't see a reason why anyone would care about it.  I have 23 tickets that I still haven't bothered to use even though they are essentially free aethergoop (I suppose I should at some point).
  • Expect to lose a lot at the Wakabidrome.
  • I think I have seen one newbie ask for an orientation. Most people just read the scroll :(
    Expect to lose a lot at the Wakabidrome.
    Nah, just bet a ticket on every wakabi.  You'll always win (always the first/second lowest amount available, if you're me).  I just bet the others because the one time I don't, it will roll one of them, with my luck. :)
    Falmiis said:
    I think I have seen one newbie ask for an orientation. Most people just read the scroll :(

It's not that. It's when the scroll tells you to ask for an orientation, then when you ask for one, they just point you at the scroll.
  • I have three tickets to place. Otherwise, it is an excellent method.
  • Neither is being scried ceaselessly as an obvious provocation from people I've never really encountered in the game.
    I know the wiki can be pretty out of date on skills but... Doesn't aethersight have a way to ignore repeat scriers? Or did that get removed and the wiki is out of date on that too..?
    beep
  • @Yehn It still exists. I just never snubbed or ignored anything coming from other characters and I don't want to start now.

Plus ignoring scriers might leave me oblivious to ganks in preparation.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2016
    Shaddus said:
    Falmiis said:
    I think I have seen one newbie ask for an orientation. Most people just read the scroll :(

It's not that. It's when the scroll tells you to ask for an orientation, then when you ask for one, they just point you at the scroll.

A big part of what I do during orientations that's beyond what you might get from just reading the scroll is figuring out how much of a true novice you are and pointing out what skills/mechanics might not be obvious (but that are useful for newbies). Stuff like making sure you know how to use firstaid and curing (which are on the list of things to learn in the scroll, but actually having you turn them on). It's also good to know who will or will not need extra handholding or whatever. So a big part is necessarily "There is a list in the scroll, learn that list from me" but meh. 

I'm going to go in and update that part of the HS scroll to read "If you would like a personal orientation" etc, because that's a good point. 
    edited April 2016
    This is why the racetrack is silly:
    You have won 1 Aethergoop on your bet: Shady Pog wins the race!
    You haven't won anything on your bet: Naughty Weed wins the race.
    You haven't won anything on your bet: Damaged Goods wins the race.
    You haven't won anything on your bet: Crazy Kate wins the race.
    You haven't won anything on your bet: Wyrden Pride wins the race.
    You haven't won anything on your bet: Portly Package wins the race.
    You haven't won anything on your bet: Lazy Pie wins the race.
    You haven't won anything on your bet: Tipsy Lady wins the race.

• edited April 2016
    I don't really give into 'promotions' anymore. I'd like more things accessible in game.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Bardics and artisanals, ijs.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I kinda swore off giving money to IRE awhile ago, but I did fall for the "buy stockings for other people" trick.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Shaddus said:
    Falmiis said:

I think perhaps the better question is which would you rather have, when there's no one familiar what the orientation is. Someone trying and responding to your request, or silence?  Personally, I'd rather have a response. But in the future, I will remember not to try.
    Tristanna said:
    Shaddus said:
    Falmiis said:

I think perhaps the better question is which would you rather have, when there's no one familiar what the orientation is. Someone trying and responding to your request, or silence?  Personally, I'd rather have a response. But in the future, I will remember not to try.

You don't have to be snarky about it, and I intentionally didn't mention the guild, or even the org. But when your guild newbie scroll says to ask for an orientation, and asking for the orientation nets you a response of "read the scroll", it's a little disconcerting.

Admittedly, I did roll the newbie just to see the intro and offer some constructive criticism on the thread pertaining to recruitment, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't mention something that irked me.
  • edited April 2016
    not snarky. and nevermind the rest of it. no delete button.
  • TIL anything someone does that you don't like is trolling.
This discussion has been closed.