Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• I had no desire to learn about Celina's underwear, Shu. =( Good thing it's still a while away before lunchtime.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Shuyin said:
    I actually think the game would be more fun if more people fought like their RL penises would get chopped off if they lost and that we kept talking about it on the forums. 

It's way more interesting and real (due to the human element drama) than another c/p RP event full of says and emotes.

With that said, it's great that it seems that there's more fighting, but just because there's more fighting, it doesn't mean that people won't be bitches and upgrade/absolve when there's little chance for failure. It's definitely not the wrong way to play (anyone who says otherwise is delusional), but it's perfectly okay to call it out and declare it lame

You guys are just arguing over minor details like who came to what when, how many people were there, how many people count as combatants (Sidd counts as 11), what timezone this happened, and what color underwear Celina wore that day (trick question, none). The fact that there was fighting is something to enjoy, win or lose.

I agree with everything you said -- it's just that in these several recent instances...there was actually potential opposition. Just not Celina. Which is what I gather is what she's butthurt about.

Knowledge absolve and knowledge claim in the past 24 hours could have been contested. I don't know about War absolve. The reason North is getting into this argument at all is because the South is completely wrong to call us out at this point.

As for the Glomraid into an absolve thing...I wasn't there, so I can't really comment, other than that I think absolves are lopsided conflict for both sides.

• Shuyin said:
    I'm just glad I made it before entire pages were deleted.

It is too hard to moderate from the iPad.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    With that said, people like Aeden (amongst others) definitely come to "fight" when odds are stacked heavily in his favor or when there's no one to defend. I think that's very lame and we should discourage that kind of conflict. It's pretty zzz. So are the people who are downers before even going to participate in conflict.

Everyone else is pretty all right, if a bit bitchy. But then again, who isn't.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Every time I feel like playing again, you people remind me why I don't feel up to it very often anymore.
  • The conclusion I have gotten from reading these, are just typical and insane bickering about pk during times that are incompatible with each other, quite honestly, it doesn't truly matter in the end. It is just best to not be concerned with complaints and being lured into such stupid nonesense of division and derision. From my point of view, I could care less if there's an issue about when I absolve. There's no rules/laws in the mechanics that dictate when one should and what is permissible to pk/raid/absolve/upgrade, except in the cases of dormancies in regards to domoths. Just speaking for myself, I don't kowtow to anyone's complaint about the various time periods of pk involvement. If I have the time to get involve, then I will at my discretion, not anyone else's whim, nor expect anyone to do so at mine.

There are going to be instances where numbers are equal, but either side isn't willing to go for it, but noticeably a trend of doing so when there's 2 to 1. Like today with the knowledge upgrade, that could've been easily contested for a decent and fair fight, but nothing occured, but it happens. Another example, was like the absolve I did, it could've been easily stopped, but only Leolamins attempted, but heartstopped for what reason I rolled my eyes about, but yeah, it happens where either side choose not to take the risk when its a fair chance. So, that's my viewpoint on this.
    Phoebus said:
    Every time I feel like playing again, you people remind me why I don't feel up to it very often anymore.
    Oh please. You play if you want, and don't play if you don't want. We're not responsible for your playtime. =/

• edited April 2016
    Maligorn said:
    Shuyin said:
    I actually think the game would be more fun if more people fought like their RL penises would get chopped off if they lost and that we kept talking about it on the forums. 

It's way more interesting and real (due to the human element drama) than another c/p RP event full of says and emotes.

With that said, it's great that it seems that there's more fighting, but just because there's more fighting, it doesn't mean that people won't be bitches and upgrade/absolve when there's little chance for failure. It's definitely not the wrong way to play (anyone who says otherwise is delusional), but it's perfectly okay to call it out and declare it lame

You guys are just arguing over minor details like who came to what when, how many people were there, how many people count as combatants (Sidd counts as 11), what timezone this happened, and what color underwear Celina wore that day (trick question, none). The fact that there was fighting is something to enjoy, win or lose.

I agree with everything you said -- it's just that in these several recent instances...there was actually potential opposition. Just not Celina. Which is what I gather is what she's butthurt about.

Knowledge absolve and knowledge claim in the past 24 hours could have been contested. I don't know about War absolve. The reason North is getting into this argument at all is because the South is completely wrong to call us out at this point.

As for the Glomraid into an absolve thing...I wasn't there, so I can't really comment, other than that I think absolves are lopsided conflict for both sides.
    I was actually around for at least 1 example that was repeatedly cited. You know who holds the only domoth that can absolve War? I'll give you a clue: it's me. 

So butt hurt about not being involved.

God forbid you actually read and pay attention to the subject matter you are speaking about, Maligorn. You might start adding value to the game some day.

I matter to the people I play with, actually. Your vitriol and rudeness won't tear me down, much as you like to try.

• As far as I am certain based on recent referendums, you matter a whole lot. The people spoke, congratulations.
  • Twytch said:
    Dylara said:
    Shuyin said:
    Me too, I learned I'm a scary pvp menace! Ten years of non-com status, poof!

:ar!
    You should have both meteor and meteor storm messages by now. RAISE STAFF and be the hero!  :bz

EDIT: Or that other thing. Treelife, I think?
    See my post below yours, my point is I really don't know how to use my skills, and I actually don't have the lines for them because I don't log. 

But anyways.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    See my post below yours, my point is I really don't know how to use my skills, and I actually don't have the lines for them because I don't log. 

But anyways.

I'll try to get the third/second person lines for meteor/storm, if no one else posts them.
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited April 2016
    Inevitably these things devolve into selective flagging, where your friends can call people butt hurt, but they can't say anything mean back because reasons. *flag flag flag*

And you wonder why you can't understand the points being made.

P.S. I wear underwear every day TYVM
  • edited April 2016
    Maligorn said:
    I matter to the people I play with, actually. Your vitriol and rudeness won't tear me down, much as you like to try.
    Right, because we don't want to talk about why you were removed from certain positions for "vitriol and rudeness."

Then you'd sound like a real hypocrite, right. I'll give you back exactly what you give out, Maligorn. Come to terms with it honey, you've earned it. 

edit: I was going to delete this, but no. If you're going to come for me and call me names, I'm going to remind you who you are, because clearly we forgot. I am not the one, honey.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zvoltz said:
    Shuyin said:

It is too hard to moderate from the iPad.

For a nominal fee, I'll gladly assume the mantle of a mod and strike this thread with the fury of a thousand angry gods.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Enyalida said:
    100% the wrong message. 
    It's really not though. I admit I was incensed at the time of my post, but...citing the community as the reason you don't play is asinine. Especially since that same community showed that certain someone a whole butt ton of support in a different thread.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Honestly, don't engage. The exact same drive that causes people to demand you play how and when they want you to play spills over into demanding that you argue with them how they want on the subjects of their choice. Just nah. No matter how exhaustively you argue, the fact that you're willing to constantly engage in the argument feeds the underlying claim that other players can decide what is or is not an worthwhile/correct/interesting/good use of your time. 
    edited April 2016
    Maligorn said:
    Right, because we don't want to talk about why you were removed from certain positions for "vitriol and rudeness."

Then you'd sound like a real hypocrite, right. I'll give you back exactly what you give out, Maligorn. Come to terms with it honey, you've earned it. 

edit: I was going to delete this, but no. If you're going to come for me and call me names, I'm going to remind you who you are, because clearly we forgot. I am not the one, honey.
    Babe, I'm not the one that started these shenanigans. You insulted the North by calling us out on off-peak absolves. I provided facts surrounding those absolves. You got pissy and started calling not just me but everyone illiterate.

If that's your idea of an eye for an eye, you really need to see someone.

• edited April 2016
    Maligorn said:
    Maligorn said:

Babe, I'm not the one that started these shenanigans. You insulted the North by calling us out on off-peak absolves. I provided facts surrounding those absolves. You got pissy and started calling not just me but everyone illiterate.

If that's your idea of an eye for an eye, you really need to see someone.
    8-}

edit: I'll also give everyone a tip, it also works in the real world. Don't get involved in conversations you don't like. On the same token, stop trying to dictate to people how much they care or should care, or what they should or should not talk about. If you don't like people dictating how you should play the game, imagine how people feel when you try and dictate what subjects they should talk about. I'm not going to shame anyone for not PKing, by all means if you don't like that aspect of the game, don't partake in it. 

I also expect you not to tell me what I can and cannot care or talk about. People are allowed to have opinions. People are allowed to have opinions that are different than yours. People are allowed to have opinions on topics you don't find relevant. People are even allowed to express those opinions, so long as they are within the rules, in manners you don't agree with. 

Dictation is not a one way street. You hate when people bring up this garbage. I hate when people make threads about crafting as if it contributes to the longevity of the game. But you're still allowed, and I'm not going to ever tell you not to, or that my opinion about you having an opinion is relevant. You're allowed one. Have it, enjoy it, meet people who disagree with it, go forth and share it. 

But don't tell people to not have one. 

I have a lot of time and money invested in the game, I'm entitled to have an opinion and bicker about whatever I choose. I could even bicker about people's opinions about bickering, which is apparently what this has evolved to. The only important part is that no one tries to stifle the existence and expression of an opinion. 

• edited April 2016
    As someone who played many years ago, and was one of those players who let the game get to them years ago, I quit playing, I was in the North, in fact it was not long after Hallifax came into existence, I was a toxic player who was immature back then and I left the game for an IRL decade before returning with Scanlan, I considered returning to my character, but the family I knew didn't exist anymore, in fact Shevatt was spelled different, Elostian was dead, and things were a bit out of sorts.  Whilst IC my character had spats and bickered with Phoebus as a character on numerous occasions, OOC I did always think she was a driving force back then, a kind soul willing to help and put herself out there....my character would have said something snotty about her, but I as a player even in my less than savory moments considered her a good person who was valuable.

In fact I am sad to see your feelings towards why you dont return are alot of my reasons for not returning all those years ago, the environment was awful, I found it different now, where I am now, mind you im alot more mature and I dont take alot of this drama and nonsense personal anymore, but its ridiculous to say that her arguments are invalid, the community can make or break ones passion, and its one of the reasons I have told people I wont return to the North, or join Magnagora, or Gaudiguch, my little bubble in Glom is peaceful, I defend when I am asked to and I try and ignore the drama.  You are good people though @Phoebus and although we never got along much IC, my interactions with you are some of the reasons I returned to Lusternia from Aetolia, because I know there are rich, valuable souls out there who care about the games environment for its players.
    edited April 2016
    I'm basically done with this argument, but I do want to leave one caveat.

If you guys think I don't argue and bitch and complain and insult and wheedle and perpetuate because I care about the game and the people I play with (even you dirty Southerners), you're wrong.

• Zvoltz said:
    Shaddus said:
    For a nominal fee, I'll gladly assume the mantle of a mod and strike this thread with the fury of a thousand angry gods.

It only takes two taps to close the thread. Would rather do that than have to pay you to mod.

Can we make a straw poll to support this? I vote yes.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zvoltz said:
    Shaddus said:

It only takes two taps to close the thread. Would rather do that than have to pay you to mod.

Rude. Here I am offering to help you out since you're on a Pad, and only asking a pittance of a favor. Hmph.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.