Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• wtb Glom and Hallifax alliance, I like Harbinger/Institute synergy...that is all.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    City shops IJS.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    City shops IJS.
    maybe if TELEPORT <shop>

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited May 2016
    Riluna said:
    Sylandra said:
    City shops IJS.
    maybe if TELEPORT <shop>
    Hallifax has an amazing set-up. If you cannot find city shops in Hallifax you are uncoordinated. (Ty admin.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Riluna said:
    Sylandra said:
    City shops IJS.
    maybe if TELEPORT <shop>
    Hallifax has an amazing set-up. If you cannot find city shops in Hallifax you are uncoordinated. (Ty admin.)
    I hate the way Hallifax is set up, but the city shops are one of the easiest to get to!
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Maylea just saved all of the Shakespeare mafia thread from my Snoop Dogg tangent by inspiring haikus. Fo' Shizzle.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:
    TIL Soulless tarot isn't stopped if you prone the tarotist. :(
    Move them or you out of the room, or force an action.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I had no idea how long I had TELLSOFF, when I meant to do YELLSOFF.  :(
    See you in Sapience.
  • I don't know who is doing this but I am annoyed.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • I do! Hint: their home node is always totally drained.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    My first combat in almost a month was a 1v1 wargames against @Vladimere that was about half an hour (if not more) long. Good show, guy, you helped me fix a bunch of stuff. I'll log the others once I figure out how to increase my buffer.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Let's just say my comparison was intentional :P
  • I wouldn't mind a more overt hint regarding specific persons.  I know I was in on a small astral hunting group today, and we went through a half dozen or so spheres before finding one above motes to draw from.

At one point Shango showed up to tsk us, but we'd only just arrived in that sphere.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I don't know if any of the group that seems to be guilty of this even read the forums, I can't say I've really seen them posting here much.  Have you tried talking to them directly?
  • Tremula said:
    My first combat in almost a month was a 1v1 wargames against @Vladimere that was about half an hour (if not more) long. Good show, guy, you helped me fix a bunch of stuff. I'll log the others once I figure out how to increase my buffer.
    setConsoleBufferSize("main", 5000000, 1000)

Change 5000000 to whatever number you want to use.
  • Fighting just about to start... neighbor knocks on door to tell you one of your horses is on his farm... Toss up... do I go fetch this stupid horse or fight... Wife decides for me...
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Should've let Xenthos decide for you.

• But it does! Whatever "Regime" means to you.

There's several layers of cliques.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Riluna said:
    But it does! Whatever "Regime" means to you.

Including "made up" ones, which is why this is funny.
  • Xenthos said:
    Riluna said:

QFT. That some cliques don't actually exist doesn't mean they aren't perceived to be. But you're doing well enough with that!

Riluna said:
    Xenthos said:
    Riluna said:

QFT. That some cliques don't actually exist doesn't mean they aren't perceived to be. But you're doing well enough with that!
    Nah, you're not quite getting it.  Crek was once accused of being a croney of "Xenthos and his regime" (which is where the phrase was born) because he did something someone else did not like.  No other reason than that.  He has, since then, taken great amusement at the idea; he's not perceiving this clique, he is basically doing an eyeroll at the idea of it. :P  It's more poking fun at the person who claimed it than actual belief that it exists.

Making people explain inside jokes is a great way to ruin 'em, you know. :(
  • Then there are other "outside jokes" you're not quite familiar with, even if you're a part of them, @Xenthos.

Hey, if seeing a clique everywhere you look makes you happy, then by all means!
  • Cute. :)

Take a step back for a second, then look. We all do the same thing. Nothing against you, personally, @Xenthos. :)

Riluna said:
    Cute. :)

Take a step back for a second, then look. We all do the same thing. Nothing against you, personally, Xenthos. :)
    I did, in fact, take a step back for a second (even a bit longer than that, by the timestamps).  Then I shrugged, and decided if you want to include yourself as a Clique-Conspiracy-Theorist, who am I to argue?  Might's well just accept that (though doesn't mean I can't laugh about it).

I had forgotten about that other "Breaking into Cliques" thread, but once I remembered that kind of helped clarify things a bit for me (I am referring to where it ended up going, not where it started, as the original concept was a good one).
  • As if it's all my fault? How come the first place anybody goes, when somebody says anything somebody else doesn't like, is attacking the person who said it? Rather than the point itself? As if me being a paranoid conspiracy theorist somehow invalidates the culture of Lusternia. :/

Riluna said:
    As if it's all my fault? How come the first place anybody goes, when somebody says anything somebody else doesn't like, is attacking the person who said it? Rather than the point itself? As if me being a paranoid conspiracy theorist somehow invalidates the culture of Lusternia. :/
    I'm not attacking you; I am, however, pointing out that your theory is flawed.  I mean, I don't participate in Skype-chats, I don't participate in these newfangled Discord things.  I've got two OOC clans (one for all of Glomdoring and one for some people spread out across multiple orgs), and we've tried pretty hard over the years not to have politics / IC decision making done on these clans (with varying degrees of success, but we do make an effort).  I just don't have the OOC sway or influence that you seem to think I do (but I have made a strong point to make sure my character has a strong voice ICly on decision making!).  You may have a valid argument in some circumstances, but if you just try to randomly apply that brush to everyone you're leaving room for a fair bit of amusement at your expense...

... which is the entire point of the "Xenthos Regime," in fact.  :P
  • Better. :)

But you underestimate your influence or reputation, @Xenthos. Some of it may even be unwarranted.

This discussion has been closed.