Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    They have said that they "absolve to teach us not to absolve". Seems rather ineffective, though, especially if they do it when nobody is around. /shrug, /keep absolving for the PvP.
  • Oh, I guess I should preface that I don't care that I got absolved, I knew it was going to happen as soon as I saw Falmiis sign on last night but I was too tired to upgrade. I'm just surprised it doesn't send you a message when you get successfully absolved! 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Absolve mechanics are absolutely in the favour of the absolver. The Domoth Hub is designed in such a way that an Absolving team can build a fortress and defend it with far fewer people. Saying anything otherwise is delusional. If anything Absolving should take place similar to Stage 2, where the item goes to a Bubble and you can fight over it there.

There is really no fun PK in absolves and you should not be surprised that people won't come play with you when you are absolving

We came up (a few times) during the last absolve, got fortress pyro bombed (lol@9k bombs not being OP, all meld bombs should be nerfed), said screw it. It was not a fun experience in any way. I had way more enjoyable time having @Sylvanas get all her aurics on me in Ethereal Glomdoring and being killed there.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited May 2016
    lol what. It's not the easiest to break into, but if you know what you're doing 'fewer' people should never be an issue.

The hub isn't nearly as bad as Facility or Dramube. They are far far worse as far as 'fortress' goes. Not to mention the Hub is a total of 9 rooms, with only two rooms that are potentially unbreakable. 

Last absolve (which was last night), you guys came once (though a few died and came back) and said 'forget' it.  I didn't see a single inferno, much less someone die to one. Meldbombs are pretty easy to stop, you have 12 seconds of warning time to get out, break, or lust the melder.

The problem the North faces is they get it in their heads that they can't win, and so they don't bother trying.

The South routinely says 'what's the worst that can happen, we may all just die'

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited May 2016
    The hub is a fortress in that the room most of the fight occurs in is not immediately breakable (one up from the entrance) which can be very tough if you are not prepared, but it's not a difficult fortress to break because it's so small and a couple of melders can erase a meld in a few minutes. The roughest part is getting beckon/rad/chainyank/whatever in as soon as your group ascends and the subsequent chaos/people trying to be heroes/not staying shielded until everyone is prepared. 

I will say that I would (and have, because I've very old) fight into the domoth realm and feel more comfortable about my chances than many other places. I'd sooner fight into the hub than etherwilde, and we fight into etherwilde all the time! Got destroyed doing it yesterday. That's the weird part to me, you guys already do things that are harder than the hub like Etherglom.

Perspective is more important than mechanics most of the time. Most things aren't as impossible as you can convince yourself they are (i'm guilty of this too). We won a 9v3 into a pre pitted Dramube yesterday, and Dramube is a nightmare without pits. We even wished eachother a happy death before jumping in, but we had a plan, talked about it before and trusted eachother to keep up. We won the fight, had fun, and peaced out before the swarm descended on us. 

Man, I get so much more flack for my meldbombs than Avu did, and he was chaining them with a bug. 
    =((

@Synkarin: I inferno'd. I got some midbie in their 80s with the first, everyone else survived, so I don't really think it changed the outcome.

The second one I got Tridemon while he was stuck in our group alone. The third was Bandeon and some other demigod. Though the momentum had already shifted in our favor at that point, so I think they just sped up the process at that point and padded my kills list.
  • Gryffindor suffers from a general lack of melders, it should be pointed out. We've been maxing one at any given time, and he's usually first to be targeted for murder. That makes breaking problematic, if it's possible in the first place.

I don't think lusting Cyndarin in the chaos of battle is remotely possible, even for people with the ability to do so in the first place.

Given that Slytherin's strategy hasn't really changed in the last few absolves (kill room in center, rads on entry/Synkarin scissor, pyrobomb) we could probably work something out eventually... but I'll admit I just wasn't feeling it last night. It's asking a lot of time and determination from people to gather up and throw themselves against a fortress setup, and there are just better things to do on a weekend.

I might also be a bit salty at someone in particular that my paralysis curing isn't working. >_>
  • edited May 2016
    Lusting me isn't super realistic, I agree, because I'm a room away 95% of the time. What could happen though is putting a couple of people with maps to chase me down and stick on me. The meld tics only work a room away, so at any given time, during a fight I'm literally just a room away. The problem I see in the North( ...Gryffindor?) is that they let me comfortably sit a room away the entire fight and staff/meldbomb as my leisure. 

Are two people going to kill me in my meld? Probably not, but it keeps me from remelding broken rooms and I have to move around to keep from being pinned down, which means the meld isn't smashing your team. 

It's the timeless game of "Murder the Melder."
    @Cyndarin - I was talking about the absolve, I wasn't there for the 9v3 in Dramube. I don't remember seeing an inferno or any deaths.

@Thul - if you're talking about me, paralysis curing should be working as long as you turn focus body off (mmconfig focusbody off). If you're not, then nevermind this. If you've done that and it's still not working, send me a log with error symbols. I'm really trying to get this update out, I've spent time every day trying to figure out the stupid trigger lines that are vexing me.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • The only reason Inferno did not kill me is because I numbed when I saw it was about to hit. It didn't save me. I died to monk hits immediately after numb wearing off.

Note that I said all meld bombs should be nerfed, so I was not just singling you out.
  • edited May 2016
    Oops duh. I did inferno during the absolve though. Didn't get anyone the first round. :(
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Meld bombs seem to be hitting a lot harder than I remember too. I remember even buffed Geomancer pollute used to take me down to about ~40-45% health. Now, everyone bombs me to ~15% and below. That's part of the reason I've been so iffy about changing damage typing on fury, since I'd rather see all of them be nerfed than just see Fury brought in line.
  • edited May 2016
    Fillin's meldbombs used to one shot me at 8k health, I had to change races to illithoid (high con and poison resistance) to deal with it. Old world, though, is going to be skewed because he could one shot the entirety of Celest, but not the forests due to snake totem. 

At least now everyone can build to survive it if they so choose.

I don't have any reports planned for it. It feels like this month's choke/bonds/whatever. 
  • edited May 2016
    One issue I see with the North, is a lack.
    A lack of using available room wides.
    A lack of using your skills to work with others.
    A lack of calling out locations if you have the ability to do so.
    A lack of regrouping instead of running in one at a time.
    A lack of rushing when we should be rushing.

There are specific instances, but I am not going to point fingers. On occasion we get it right, but that is the exception.

I wish I had more experience to solve these issues, but until then I have to rely on the leaders to get the job done.
    edited May 2016
    That's probably true. Old moonies were basically megazord-level DMP. 

Only thing is, I'm at 13/13 fire DMP so I'm not sure I could lessen inferno damage specifically.
  • Rivius said:
    Meld bombs seem to be hitting a lot harder than I remember too. I remember even buffed Geomancer pollute used to take me down to about ~40-45% health. Now, everyone bombs me to ~15% and below. That's part of the reason I've been so iffy about changing damage typing on fury, since I'd rather see all of them be nerfed than just see Fury brought in line.

I don't know how receptive this would be, but what if meld bombs stayed as they are with a change of the more people they hit the less they do?

So you could focus your bomb on a single target using unenemy/enemy for max efficiency, but if you want to hit multiple people the effectiveness is reduced by a sliding scale based on the number of enemies.
    Snake totem was amazing for cutting down Pollute, but Crow/Night users also get more poison resist on top of that (Cloak/Garb), plus Nightkiss to boot for Nighties. Pollute mostly involved watching everyone else die, followed by the smaller Glom remnants when they found themselves horribly outnumbered. Meld bombs have always been strong, then they got made stronger by not actually breaking the staff (so can repeat it much more frequently).
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    @Demartel time to step up old boy. No reason you can't lead them. Once I'm finally done with all the enemy statuses, I'll be trying to contribute my feeble leadership experience too.
    Xenthos said:
    Snake totem was amazing for cutting down Pollute, but Crow/Night users also get more poison resist on top of that (Cloak/Garb), plus Nightkiss to boot for Nighties. Pollute mostly involved watching everyone else die, followed by the smaller Glom remnants when they found themselves horribly outnumbered. Meld bombs have always been strong, then they got made stronger by not actually breaking the staff (so can repeat it much more frequently).
    How did staff-breaking work with runed staves?
    Some people just do not like leading. In PvP I far prefer the ability to do my own thing (whether it is suicidal squalls, trap setting, etc) to support the group. It is more appealing / fun to me to have agency and help out rather than trying to be the mastermind. The only times I really take control are aetherflares, since we do not have @Talan any more and someone has to do it. Then target-spamming comes out to play (entirely Sojiro's fault, I blame him for all target spam).
  • Demartel said:

There are specific instances, but I am not going to point fingers. On occasion we get it right, but that is the exception.

I wish I had more experience to solve these issues, but until then I have to rely on the leaders to get the job done.
    Absolutely nothing is stopping you from stepping up in these circumstances. Call people out if they're being idiots, because they are being idiots for going in one by one (speaking by experience, good thing I have the will to live). 

If you have issue, then change it. After all, did I not go from noted non-com  to menace in such a short time? ;))

Okay, joking aside, nothing changes unless you force it. I have made the effort to get better, and even during off peak times I have people looking at me to lead (ahhh :-SS ). You just kind of roll with it.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Rivius said:
    Xenthos said:
    How did staff-breaking work with runed staves?
    IIRC, you could either wait for it to reset or call it back (I am not sure if calling it consumed power, though-- it may not have).
  • Dylara said:
    Demartel said:

Absolutely nothing is stopping you from stepping up in these circumstances. Call people out if they're being idiots, because they are being idiots for going in one by one (speaking by experience, good thing I have the will to live). 

If you have issue, then change it. After all, did I not go from noted non-com  to menace in such a short time? ;))

Okay, joking aside, nothing changes unless you force it. I have made the effort to get better, and even during off peak times I have people looking at me to lead (ahhh :-SS ). You just kind of roll with it.

I lead when I need to, but I would prefer to improve my own skills before I subject people to my bad decisions first, heh.
  • What's the general consensus on melds, anyway? Is it still the old "demesnes should have less impact on group combat" or is it the reverse, now? Because the effectiveness of all meld bombs is definitely on the opposite end of that scale. I've hated it when I was on the side fighting Avurekhos, and I hate it now fighting on the side opposite Cyndarin. Being able to eat more than 50% of a group's health while not even being in the actual room where combat is happening is ridiculous.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Demartel said:
    Dylara said:
    Demartel said:

I lead when I need to, but I would prefer to improve my own skills before I subject people to my bad decisions first, heh.
    Trial by fire is the best way to improve! :D

• @Synkarin, focus body is off and it's just straight up not curing at all. Hoping it's just something I need to toggle and slap myself for being a derp.

@Twytch, I'd personally be happy if melds vanished forever, but then I've been ridiculously frustrated lately with my impact in group fights. -_- Someone tell me what sort of group utility I'm supposed to bring to the table as a monk?
    To me, it depends on the numbers involved right now. Larger numbers reduces the overall effectiveness of the demesne (more options to murder the meld holder as long as they are not exploiting bugs to make themselves super-tanky, etc). That 3v9 yesterday I would not have tried without a meld on the 3's side, we already knew the bubble was pitted and everything was against us. That was the only thing we knew for a fact we could get on our side of the ledger. But a 9v9, the meld is not the dealbreaker, as long as you take its existence into account in your planning and they are not spamming Fury every 15 seconds for five minutes straight.
  • @Thul make sure you move paralysis up the queue in wafer curing. I had the same issue until i changed its priority level.
    Monks bring hindering and damage to the table. Grapple spam followed by big damaging moves. 

As far as melds, I agree with Xenthos - melds can be the great equalizer (shrines can help too) and make a smaller force have a chance against a larger force. It's also true that it means a larger force is more embedded and harder to kick out. Without melds, I think things would just become a slugfest, which is boring and certainly favours min/maxing/numbers over strategy.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Or, for aspiring melders, Trial by firing squad.
    As far as leading and bad decisions. I still make them today. Everyone who has ever led has at one point of time led their entire group to their deaths. I tend to take more risks than most people (because unlike some people *cough* *cough*, I don't care about KDR) which in turn leads to a lot more deaths. I've run groups into nexuses, straight up slaughters etc. And sometimes it was in fights we should have won easily, with my eyes close and hands tied behind my back.

But at the same time, I can't tell you how many times I've said 'we're probably all going to get slaughtered' and we instead end up doing really well (even if we eventually lose) or we even win. This doesn't happen every time obviously, but it happens often enough I feel justified in my risk taking and people are still willing to follow me to a potential imminent death.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
This discussion has been closed.