Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Enyalida said:
    I'd personally prefer it if all system created messages would automatically decay a short time after spawning, with people messages being left untouched. That would remove the vast majority of messages in the system! 
    YES. YES YES YES. Make system messages auto purge every week or so. Don't take all my other ones, they are memoriiiessss!

• Enyalida said:
    I'd personally prefer it if all system created messages would automatically decay a short time after spawning, with people messages being left untouched. That would remove the vast majority of messages in the system! 

This is something I'll consider, but it'll depend on how workable that is and if it'll actually eliminate enough messages to address the issue.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Just over half of my own messages are from the system, 4815 out of 9561. 
  • Is there a way you can delete all your messages in one go? I will delete all mine straight away if there is and remove 10,000 of the system. Only reason I have cleared them is because deleting one at a time is annoying.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Yes.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• How

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    I think it is DELMSG ALL
    edited May 2016
    MSGS DELETE <start> TO <end>       - Delete a range of messages, inclusive of the start and end point.

Also I use this for system (when I think of it)

MSGS DELETE FROM <sender>          - Delete all of your messages from a specific sender (system, lost soul, or a player).

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Enyalida said:
    That and - if it's technically feasible - collating decay messages that are so close together.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    And Today I found out that upgrading a domoth can be really challenging if you are not paying close attention in the first stage not to be swarmed by the guardians. RIP aeldra, twice.

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I hadn't thought of people who might keep messages from characters (or players) who no longer are . :(
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited May 2016
    Deleted system messages. 3k to 600. I gotta stop letting tarot cards decay.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    For those of you wondering why some of us ruthlessly purge our messages on a regular basis... :D
  • I only keep messages until I'm done with the information in them.  If a message goes more than a couple of weeks before being deleted, it starts to nag at the back of my mind like a checklist item dying to get marked 'done'.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I used to purge regularly as well, then I forgot.
  • Honestly, I clear my entire inbox on a regular basis. I hate messages and most people deal with me via letter anyway!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Uh, question for the admins. Were retired characters' messages auto-purged? If not you may want to do so...
    Sylvanas said:
    Tremula said:
    I can nearly guarantee over 600 of my 1000 some messages are blah blah blah has decayed to dust in your absence paired with 'You may submit up to 3 designs for the cartel of blah"
    And there's got to be a ton of inactive people that are still getting the "You may submit up to 3 designs" messages.
    I sure am on alts >_>

Luce said:
    Uh, question for the admins. Were retired characters' messages auto-purged? If not you may want to do so...
    I just checked actually and a retired character has messages from me still, so no. Probably an awesome place to start rather than making us all suffer!

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    More than 50% of my messages are system messages too.
    edited May 2016
    Today I found out that likely any affliction that was addressed by the latest overhaul announcement is no longer dealt with by the healing skill tree. Makes me a little sad right now.

edit: added 'by and skill tree', making sentence make more sense.
    phew, some fighting that was. Does the adrenaline ever cease for you people? I always feel like am running when it comes to PVP.
  • Less than max weight tattoos in the public section.

Catch fire and die. Thanks.
    Thul said:
    Less than max weight tattoos in the public section.

Catch fire and die. Thanks.
    Messge the Charites! It's probably a designer oversight and they may well adjust it!

This discussion has been closed.