Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited May 2016
    As a rule, I don't lead. I'm bad at it because I don't communicate. I bitch about melder, but I actually find it to be my style because I'm generally left to my own devices. I'm fairly independent of the group, which is fun for me. Inevitably people follow me because I'm a known PKer, but I've made it clear that they do so at their own risk because I'm no hero.

Melding is, like others have said, a double edged sword so far as game balance is concerned. It prevents the game from becoming a flat numbers battle, which is ultimately better IMO. A meld allows a better organized/skilled small force to leverage their abilities over a unorganized/less skilled larger force which represents the best parts of MUD PK. I think zerg fighting is the worst, most uninteresting aspect of PK, and I like mechanics that have a direct impact on the effectiveness of the zerg. The reverse is that it leads to fortress warfare which can get tedious.

I think there are still opportunities to adjust melds, even scale back their offensive impact and make them more defensive in nature (less stuns/damage, more utility and area control), but I'm not sure how to approach that in a way an envoy report can address.

P.S. I have a sweet KDR that some people are just really jealous of. Not naming names. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    As far as monk goes, group splitting. Scissor scissor scissor.
  • Demartel said:

I had way more enjoyable time having @Sylvanas get all her aurics on me in Ethereal Glomdoring and being killed there.

I was so excited. I was surprised, but I assume that you just gave up by the time I got my aurics on you. It was a nice start to getting back into pvp post all the changes.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited May 2016
    Just so it's clear, when I absolved we literally had Shonjir (as non-com as they come), Yarith and me. I counted 8 demigod enemies online, 5, including 2 melders, who I knew for a fact was active.

Let's stop with this BS finger pointing.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Name and shame, let's see the list

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited May 2016
    Coffesip
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I was online when Falmiis absolved. No scries before hand and I missed the initial message. I realised there was an absolve happening when it ended. Cough.

• Thul said:
    Synkarin, focus body is off and it's just straight up not curing at all. Hoping it's just something I need to toggle and slap myself for being a derp.

Twytch, I'd personally be happy if melds vanished forever, but then I've been ridiculously frustrated lately with my impact in group fights. -_- Someone tell me what sort of group utility I'm supposed to bring to the table as a monk?
    Monk impact in group combat has always been hit or miss because of momentum mechanics. Even in the past, when basic grapples built momentum, it was a case where you get hindered and cease to contribute, or the opponent dies and your momentum resets. We've always only contributed in the rare case we meet actually get to high momentum without being hindered because someone more important, like a melder, was in the room taking the flak for us. On the flip side, sometimes, people prioritize monks above all else anyway (due to specific cheese) and that's when we "shine", by taking aggro away from the more important targets, like the melders. Think of it as a consolation prize: we draw more aggro than a WoW priest overhealing in front of the tank lines.

• Lavinya said:
    I was online when Falmiis absolved. No scries before hand and I missed the initial message. I realised there was an absolve happening when it ended. Cough.
    I was up on Astral and missed the message. Oops. :( So much spam.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    So my searching in Bondero was for naught!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited May 2016
    Falmiis said:
    Just so it's clear, when I absolved we literally had Shonjir (as non-com as they come), Yarith and me. I counted 8 demigod enemies online, 5, including 2 melders, who I knew for a fact was active.

Let's stop with this BS finger pointing.
    I mean, I can name at least 10 demigods that don't know which is the sharp end of a sword, so this tells me nothing. Did you really start an absolve thinking it was going to be 8v2.5? Seems like not the full story.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Hoaracle said:
    That moment when a small moment of RP triggered a reaction that dates back to the early days of Lusternia.  :|

No take backs, @Hoaracle Lackhand. Now you have to roll with it!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TIL my parry thresholds are all out of whack. =<

• Part of me wants to be a nice player and tell people about what's going on (who are asking for information), but RP-wise sharing with an enemy is a nono, but it will probably effect everyone, buuut enemy.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    Part of me wants to be a nice player and tell people about what's going on (who are asking for information), but RP-wise sharing with an enemy is a nono, but it will probably effect everyone, buuut enemy.

You can tell me. I will take the information and do absolutely nothing with it. I don't chase events posts. (not that everyone asking is doing so)
  • If someone approached me IC (which is an acceptable thing considering Ambassador) I may say something. It might be vague to an enemy though haha!

Seriously just one of those moral/ethical things.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Every time Significant Things start happening I secretly hope it's Elostian's return event. :-<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    Every time Significant Things start happening I secretly hope it's Elostian's return event. :-<

I can start asking you "How progresses?" if you like, bb.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • A rowdy human patron cuddles up to you where the sun don't shine.

Wrong... just... wrong...
  • ...that was like the absolute worst system break I've ever had.
  • edited May 2016
    Dead Horse

I'll be on Stellaris/FFX for a while. 
  • Kiradawea said:

Coffesip kafeesip

• That moment when you switch to bard and realise that the instrument you want requires corpses to make...

You thrust your arm out in a quick jab at a fluffy, white rabbit.

You connect!

A fluffy, white rabbit nibbles at your ankles.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

You connect!

You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!

You bleed 9 health.

A fluffy, white rabbit hops madly about before biting your ankle.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

You connect!

You have scored a CRITICAL hit!

You focus on your wasted efforts, resolving to shift the damage forward.

The final blow proves too much for a fluffy, white rabbit, who expires, pitifully.

You have slain a fluffy, white rabbit.

At least they're not difficult >_>

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Rabbit-slayer!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited May 2016
    Up to 6 absolves when I've not been around! So when do I get to say people are intentionally avoiding me?
  • edited May 2016
    Up to 6 absolves when I've not been around! lol

I don't even know why people play this game. 
    You like hanging out with your fellow menaces? :(

Edit: I thought you said why you play this game, so if it doesn't work, ignore! :D

This discussion has been closed.