Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    I'm not harping at all. I thought I was correct and Xenthos was agreeing with me while thinking I was wrong at the same time.

What, you were talking to me? I was never disagreeing with you, only people who said it was a 12-hour window and/or could never happen in the middle of the window. I mean, I was pointing out repeatedly that it occurs on Saturday night after the weave; I just took it as you straight-agreeing with me. :P
  • Thul said:
    Buckets and a liquid rift full of water seem to be more efficient at firefighting anyway. >_> I wish I didn't know this.
    But I can make it stop thunderstorming. :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Dylara said:
    Thul said:
    Buckets and a liquid rift full of water seem to be more efficient at firefighting anyway. >_> I wish I didn't know this.
    But I can make it stop thunderstorming. :(

You generally want it to keep thunderstorming, but just turn down the wind. The lightning doesn't create fires as fast as heavy rain will put them out. 
  • Forums on my phone are terrible. My keyboard keeps disappearing when I want to post things so I can never actually reply.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Same thing happens to me on some mobile devices. Found out that you have to click the little 'show source' button and basically type out your post in HTML to stop your keyboard from doing that. What a hassle.
  • Rivius said:
    Same thing happens to me on some mobile devices. Found out that you have to click the little 'show source' button and basically type out your post in HTML to stop your keyboard from doing that. What a hassle.

You are AMAZING.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Same re: mobile phone. 

I think the mobile version of the forums is just not user friendly... 
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    My phone auto posts in show source. Took me awhile to realize I had to type in formatting differently when on my phone. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Maligorn said:
    Sylvanas said:
    Maligorn said:
    Sorry, I should've said you outnumber the -Celestians- by that much. You know, the people actually taking the village at the time.
    Uh. It was Glomdoring vs Celest so still a pretty big exaggeration. Plus Celest had Hallifax to help while Glom had basically no one because they were all basically novices or useless. (Me.)
    Okay? It's a heckle, not a peer-reviewed journal. People run. It's frustrating. Salome actually ended up shattering me because we both did not run.

AFAIK, Shuyin likes to berate us for assigning values to players, so really Synkarin, Xenthos and Cyndarin are as potent a team as Sylvanas, Cyna and Koba.

Also, it's not my fault you guys didn't literally focus the -two Celestians at the time- and debate them out. Salome, by herself, could've probably done it with the least bit of support. But you just keep watching those denizens, gurl. ;)

Actually when I do that, it's more because certain people on the forums like counting every person whenever they point out the MASSIVE ZERG that came out to beat their poor asses and yet somehow dismiss approximately half their own squad as "noncoms/influencers" when asked for the number of people.

I actually don't mind if you attach arbitrary values to people, just do it consistently. You either count them all or you don't.

• I actually dislike the "noncom" label that gets thrown around. If you are showing up in PVP events you are not and never will be a "noncom". You may, however, be a casual PKer and understandably not be a very strong force for your side, but don't try crying "noncom" when you are involving yourselves in PVP events.
    Noncoms do not get involved in PVP. Period. End of story. That is why they are Non Combatants.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Why am I on the list of potent team members alongside Sidd and Celina?  One of these names does not fit, and I am it.
  • Today's internal conflict: Pursuing personal goals, following a tantalizing RP thread, and making use of resources I've put into the game already versus Giving Team Gryffindor more than one active melder.
  • I love Lusty Tweets.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xenthos said:
    Why am I on the list of potent team members alongside Sidd and Celina?  One of these names does not fit, and I am it.

Probably because you're dependable and can focus/prioritize targets unlike 75% of the north
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• Shaddus said:
    Xenthos said:

Probably because you're dependable and can focus/prioritize targets unlike 75% of the north

I had to tell the North to stop focusing on Synkarin first, he was not going to die.He has had years of practice escaping being killed. Focus on the smaller people first to reduce numbers. Sorry @Sylvanas.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    I miss aerochemantics already.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Demartel said:

Shaddus said:
    Xenthos said:

I had to tell the North to stop focusing on Synkarin first, he was not going to die.He has had years of practice escaping being killed. Focus on the smaller people first to reduce numbers. Sorry @Sylvanas.

No way, I die easy so says Maligorn when it's like 9 people on me. (which is true, against 9 people by myself, and I'm not a slippery bard, I die easy)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Falmiis said:
    I miss aerochemantics already.
    A literal trial by fire intro to melding.
  • Yarith said:
    @Salome is a pretty good debater

Some might call her the master debater.
  • edited May 2016
    Alik said:
    Yarith said:
    @Salome is a pretty good debater

Some might call her the master debater.

This is my theme song.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    So, during the knowledge upgrade turned steal I had an unlinked ice vial. I have no idea how I survived the first assault of that group onto me. Once I had it linked I spent nearly half a minute curing. That means... am getting a little better at escaping? possibly? hopefully?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Demartel said:

Shaddus said:
    Xenthos said:

All good. I understand. :D I also had so much fun and learned a fair amount.
  • Falmiis said:
    WTB wildnodes that isn't on a (sometimes really early) Monday morning. People on the other side of the international date line want Sunday evening/afternoon wildnodes too!

Wild nodes are typically a 96% miss for me to participate, and unfortunately its been that way for a couple of years now for me. As much as I would to engage in those more often, I can't nor complain about it, so..if that could be changed to fit in the randoms like flares/revolts, I'd love it :)
  • Shaddus said:
    How about we just stop complaining about the other side using the same tactics we use, and realise that it's just a damn game. This is why we can't have new things.

Definitely agree on this note.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Aeden said:
    Shaddus said:
    How about we just stop complaining about the other side using the same tactics we use, and realise that it's just a damn game. This is why we can't have new things.

Definitely agree on this note.
    It will never happen. Every time this is brought up, the complaining side (whichever side that happens to be at the time) comes up with new excuses for why they aren't as bad as the other side when they do it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited May 2016
    What if I told you there's an event players can initiate where they battle for control of an area and competing for points within a limited time frame already?!?!? *mind blown*

edit: P.S. The "both sides/orgs do it," has been one of Lusternia's most predictable retorts to any comment about subculture behaviors or trends, and has never been supported by evidence, because the evidence that all people are all the same does not exist. All sides do some things, not all sides do all things. It's called "false equivalence." Casually repeating it when it is demonstrably incorrect does nothing but skirt often valid issues. The reality is alliances create subcultures and those subcultures can, and often do, have trends or behaviors that are not universally shared. Echo chambers are real. This isn't a hive mind, players and groups of players behave and do things differently. Saying otherwise is total bullshit we repeat to make ourselves sound enlightened or appear fair and balanced. 

Example: One side used/quietly allowed the unlimited power/vitals bug, one side reported it. Both sides had equal access to it.

It's probably fair to say both sides can be lame/bastardos, but exactly what that entails is often very different.
This discussion has been closed.