Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    You all keep blaming "one side" for this bug abuse when it was really "one person". I personally thought he might be exploiting something with Avatar Refresh (is that even a thing? It's what I was told), but thought it wasn't a bug, it was a feature. Something something falsely equating everyone in the North in culpability for the actions of one person.

• edited May 2016
    I suppose you can ask us to believe all the people across three orgs who saw said person using a very visible 10 power move over and over and over, in a way that has literally never been seen before, never considered there was a bug or concern to be raised. I guess that's a thing. A "feature."

Though I find that hard to believe because literally the minute 3 of us (sidd, Xenthos, myself) saw fury 6 times in a single short fight, we all caught on and made the situation known. An issue was identified instantaneously across multiple people at the same time. The reaction between two subcultures on the same exact issue was dramatically different.

Everyone in the North? No. Some in the North? Definitely. More than the South? Quantifiably so.

Do I really believe one group of players was unanimously believing it was a "feature" while another group of players was unanimously agreeing it was an obvious bug? My response: lolol

edit: Not everyone knows what fury is/does/costs. I'm sure plenty of people saw it and had no idea anything was even going on. Several Gloms said "oh yeah, he's been doing that on the regular, is that not normal?" after it was pointed out. That is actually believable and understandable. That you, and whoever else, identified it and thought unlimited power was a "feature" exclusive to one guy on your side is pretty hilariously unbelievable. 

• edited May 2016
    Just to be fair, in my days in Mag, Mag did some shady shady shit the other side was not doing. Some supreme (often ingenious) level griefing that probably wasn't entirely healthy or productive. 

The reality is the other side (Celenwilde at the time?) wasn't doing the same things. Shrine in a hidden room below the pool of stars on Celestia and 24 hour raids? That was definitely a Mag only thing for a long, long time. 

Every side does not do every thing.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    There's also the fact that we noted how 'tanky' said person was on a group chat with people from all sides (including said person), and no one ever said 'oh that's because he avatar refreshes like a mofo.' It was literally kept on the down-low that he could do this. Other people in the North were aware of what he was doing and knew it was something to keep to themselves.

I mean do you really think if being able to spam avatar refresh forever was a 'feature', I wouldn't be abusing the tarnation out of it -all- the time? I'd have coded it into my prios to fire off when I hit a certain threshold on vitals. Oh think you're close to 50% mana? Wrong, 100% :D. Almost dead? Think again. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It was actually a bug with the refresh demigod power combined with Avatar refresh. You needed both of these available (the demigod power had to be active, not ephemeral). REFRESH ME appropriately only let you do it once, and in REFRESH STATUS correctly indicated that you had done it and could not again. However, REFRESH XENTHOS (as an example) worked fine and you could do it indefinitely as long as you had the essence. No idea how anyone doing that did not immediately see a red flag indicating that there was something wrong, there are enough errors / messages along the way that should have made it apparent (aside from the obvious balance implications caused by infinite health/mana/ego/power, of course). I am not blaming others in the North for him (aside from the culture thing we discussed elsewhere, but let's not get into that again, eh?), but you have to also understand that when a person was abusing it for RL months to give his team a massive and unfair advantage, it sure does leave an impression.
  • This new Father Sun thing is kind of neat. :D
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I got away with panting at the Matrix and no one noticed. Horrible breach of decorum for Luce, but considering we live in the city with ALL OF THE LENSES...
  • Scanlan has been finding the underground very enjoyable as of late, too hot for the little bear.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Thankfully Tark is a desert burr.
  • Luce said:
    I got away with panting at the Matrix and no one noticed. Horrible breach of decorum for Luce, but considering we live in the city with ALL OF THE LENSES...
    Guess you need a friendly Shaman to make your city arctic temperatures! :D -60C weather, here we come! (For a few minutes anyways)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• How do you think an igasho feels? It was hot enough already down in the Basin!
  • edited May 2016
    We have a weather control device! Thnx Aeromancers!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Chemtrails, more like Aeromantic modifications.
  • Is this event gonna fix the Plaxios Lowlands? Probably not, but I can dream.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

• Maylea said:
    I should not need to remind all of you to stop discussing issues on the forums.
    Understood, but no one was discussing any player filed issues!

• Maylea said:
    I should not need to remind all of you to stop discussing issues on the forums.
    Understood, but no one was discussing any player filed issues!
    I am not going to reveal details - as this would entirely defeat the point of interjecting - so you are just going to have to trust that I would not be posting that statement for no reason.
  • edited May 2016
    Okie doke. I guess I wasn't aware issues between other players means I'm not allowed to discuss a thing. Didn't see anyone mention issuing anyone else. My bad.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Okie doke. I guess I wasn't aware issues between other players means I'm not allowed to discuss a thing. Didn't see anyone mention issuing anyone else. My bad.

The rule is basically that you are not supposed to discuss the contents of any issues while they are open; the reasoning presented for this is that they do not want it to be used to sway any decision on pending issues (which is both fine & fair). The problem is that after the issue is resolved enforcement becomes a bit more arbitrary.  In general, based on what they have told us, it is supposed to mean (after the resolution): Do not discuss the resolution of the issue.  This is to protect the forums from long arguments / second guessing about what the Administration decided (which, again, is fair!  Very few have any interest in litigating that stuff / seeing it relitigated on the forums, and that stuff should be discussed directly with the staff anyways if you have an issue with how it was handled).

In this case it seems to be extended to not discuss it period, but moderators (based on the forum rules themselves) have the right to make such decisions, so, there it is.
  • Total credits for sale: 638 shown (704 total)  (Average sale price: 36015)

I will never ever again complain about the 7,000 gold credit prices in Achaea.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Believe me, we've been complaining about the credit prices since ours were 7k each.
  • We have way more gold than Achaea.

• Everiine said:
    Aeden said:
    Shaddus said:
    How about we just stop complaining about the other side using the same tactics we use, and realise that it's just a damn game. This is why we can't have new things.

Definitely agree on this note.
    It will never happen. Every time this is brought up, the complaining side (whichever side that happens to be at the time) comes up with new excuses for why they aren't as bad as the other side when they do it.

Of course, just because I agree with it, doesn't mean I'm not also of the mind of the probability of it ever will happen. I'm quite familiar with how some of the players are when it comes to this and getting into their feelings etc..etc..
  • edited May 2016
    Shoel said:
    Total credits for sale: 638 shown (704 total)  (Average sale price: 36015)

It still felt overwhelming before 7k, if you don't want to do real cash.

@Phoebus I still can't fix this, even with your colorful images. My "span style" is near the end and it already has its own "/span" What am I doing wrong?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited May 2016
    Riluna said:
    Shoel said:
    Total credits for sale: 638 shown (704 total)  (Average sale price: 36015)

It still felt overwhelming before 7k, if you don't want to do real cash.

@Phoebus I still can't fix this, even with your colorful images. My "span style" is near the end and it already has its own "/span" What am I doing wrong?
    I'm gonna reply to this so I can find the thing. Boop boop. Please hold.

EDIT: Ok, this time I had to put </blockquote> between your reply and the quoted post. If I had to guess, you probably were typing a reply and deleted the first character of it, which threw you back into the content of the quote box, so it got rid of the closing tag for the quote and combined your post with theirs. Adding it back fixes it.
  • Silvanus said:
    I am way late on this, but I figured I'd throw my hot take in because sometimes I can't believe what I am reading.

If you Absolve/Raid/seek a fight at the same time every day and get zero resistance, you are not doing it for the combat or challenge.

THANK YOU. But I'm just the partisan bitch when I say it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It's a non-partisan issue. I remember waking up plenty of days in a row to find another dead of night raid had happened by the same people while no one was around (don't ask me when. No I'm not excusing it, I think it's shitty when either side does it).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
This discussion has been closed.