Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited May 2016
    I'll say it again for the people in the back, not every side does every thing. Because both sides do some things does not mean both sides do alllllllll things. We call that a what?! False equivalence!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'll say it again for the people in the back, not every side does every thing. Because both sides do some things does not mean both sides do alllllllll things. We call that a what?! False equivalence!
    And I call bull on this one instance then. Do you honestly expect me to believe that no one on your side every did daily raids at the same time in the middle of the night when no one was around? Because I can read logs. I saw it happen.

So yes, not every side does the same thing. But in this instance, this one instance, yes, both sides have done it. The same thing.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited May 2016
    No one gives a poop. Equivocating both sides have off peak raiders to "both sides are the same," is a waste of everyone's time. You can read logs, why can't your read what I said?
    For God's sake, I said specifically in that once instance. That one topic, that both sides have repeatedly off-peak raided. I made it explicitly clear that the comment was about that particular thing. Nowhere did it say "therefore, in all cases, both sides are the same". Read.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Everiine said:
    Aeden said:
    Shaddus said:
    How about we just stop complaining about the other side using the same tactics we use, and realise that it's just a damn game. This is why we can't have new things.

Definitely agree on this note.
    It will never happen. Every time this is brought up, the complaining side (whichever side that happens to be at the time) comes up with new excuses for why they aren't as bad as the other side when they do it.
    Read. Anything else?
    Everiine said:
    Aeden said:
    Shaddus said:
    How about we just stop complaining about the other side using the same tactics we use, and realise that it's just a damn game. This is why we can't have new things.

Definitely agree on this note.
    It will never happen. Every time this is brought up, the complaining side (whichever side that happens to be at the time) comes up with new excuses for why they aren't as bad as the other side when they do it.
    Read. Anything else?
    That wasn't the post I was talking about, nor the post you responded to. You responded to my post about off-peak raids and claimed I was making a false equivalence with it that both sides did everything the same. I did not such thing with my post about off-peak raids.

• Sorry, I consider all posts in context to the larger discussion and previous comments. 
    Not far enough back then. I concede that not all sides do all the same things. But all sides do dickish things to each other, and all sides bitch about it to each other. The things change and the complaining changes, but in ten years, I don't remember a single month going by where there wasn't some uproar from someone about the tactics being used by the "other" side, whichever side it happened to be. That doesn't negate the validity of the complaints. But to not even acknowledge that all sides have the capacity to be petty to each other, and have been, is indefensible.

• It's probably fair to say both sides can be lame/bastardos, but exactly what that entails is often very different.
    In the words of a friend of mine:

"Read"

It's probably fair to say both sides can be lame/bastardos, but exactly what that entails is often very different.
    In the words of a friend of mine:

"Read"
    Then we agree.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Unapologetic rant:

Logging in to see a domoth ending. I wish I had my new computer set up so I could be around for these things. >:/

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/718bbf04
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon

Tremula said:
    Unapologetic rant:

Logging in to see a domoth ending. I wish I had my new computer set up so I could be around for these things. >:/

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/718bbf04
    You would have been locked out since we have Harmony anyway :P
    Right but if I'd been on two hours ago I could have been on any number of my alts to participate. I'm not locked into Tremula, y'know! ;)

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    If you extend my statement to "You would have been locked out of PK since Hallifax has Harmony anyway" my statement would have been just as accurate :P
    Pfffft, when you have as many alts as I do you have to get those CFs somehow, and domoths are nice bonuses, especially when there's no PK. I don't want my level 60s going against my super OP hallibuddies.

• A ravenous, hungering voice thunders and pounds within your mind, 'WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO TONIGHT? 
    WHY, THE SAME THING WE DO EVERY NIGHT, SAKAKI - TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!'
    A plush doll of the Necromentate shrieks wildly in triumph, quickly devolving into a coughing fit.

SO much love for the Pinky and the Brain reference...
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Don't worry @Tremula, it'll be absolved again

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    wishlist: moar tosha lore
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Have you tried picking Master Quettle's brain? 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    Have you tried picking Master Quettle's brain? 
    Do iiiiiit. I'm convinced that a good chunk of game lore is made up on the spot through denizen possession.

• Rivius said:
    wishlist: moar tosha lore
    Funny you should say that, I was just doing the quest today. Fun little thing. I do wish there was more of a story to it, though.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
    There is a bookshelf in his chamber with a bunch of books by @Portius (and one of mine), which I'd like to believe were accepted as canon because Q-dog keeps them there. Those, and the RP logs I've posted here are about all the lobo lore we have, as far as I know. :/
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    There is a bookshelf in his chamber with a bunch of books by @Portius (and one of mine), which I'd like to believe were accepted as canon because Q-dog keeps them there. Those, and the RP logs I've posted here are about all the lobo lore we have, as far as I know. :/
    Q-Dog.

Really?
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
    You can be jealous of my tight relationship with Q-dog or you can put in the effort to build one with him yourself.
    I used to make cakes.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Shameless self promotion: I'm pretty sure that your local library will have one or two that Quettle's shelf doesn't.

I probably have another couple of them sitting in my gigantic to-edit heap, too. But I can't promise those'll ever see the light of day. It's a really big heap.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • My event senses are tingling. :D
    Stop having event things when I'm supposed to be writing >.> .

This discussion has been closed.