Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Shaddus said:
    This sort of saddens me, because the people who coded this intentionally put "tree's sweet sap" instead of whatever would happen if it hit a mob or player. :(
    Replace "tree's sweet sap" with "his/her lifeblood" and then there you go. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sylvanas said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Honestly, even if Jojobo does come out, I kinda hope it won't come out as a full-fledged org. We're kinda spread thin as it is; I'd rather see it as a non-org forest, at least to start with. It can always go the Glom route later, if it fits.
    I would love to see it as a new area that perhaps eventually turns into an org if the playerbase could support it. Or a new questing area. We've had so many new questing areas, though. But I like them. :D
    We haven't had a new God in a while, and only Shikari really fits with Jojojojojojobaobob's theme that comes to mind. If we get a couple sun-themed Gods released, then MAYBE it'd be coming to pass.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Shikari leaving his beloved Viravain?! Them's fighting words!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Luce said:
    Sylvanas said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Honestly, even if Jojobo does come out, I kinda hope it won't come out as a full-fledged org. We're kinda spread thin as it is; I'd rather see it as a non-org forest, at least to start with. It can always go the Glom route later, if it fits.
    I would love to see it as a new area that perhaps eventually turns into an org if the playerbase could support it. Or a new questing area. We've had so many new questing areas, though. But I like them. :D
    We haven't had a new God in a while, and only Shikari really fits with Jojojojojojobaobob's theme that comes to mind. If we get a couple sun-themed Gods released, then MAYBE it'd be coming to pass.
    I will follow Shikari to Jojobo (I'd go anyways, but SHHH, Shikari is too awesome to leave)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• J'booby y'all.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Ileein said:
    Also, in Jojobo the wiccans and druids are obviously reversed, because Jojobo is in Lusternian Australia and therefore everything is upside down.
    Hmm, I'll go with that.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

When everyone was like 'Lusternia tweets' I thought they meant here and got confused.

But actual Twitter stuff is fun too.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited May 2016
    Lerad said:
    ... Shit, I made up that AB for the lols, and Alaksanteri quit his orgs?

Uh, sorry?
    I was already planning on leaving a while ago. If it's not Jojobo, it'll be Gaudiguch. Don't worry.

I understood it was a joke. I would have done it regardless.
  • edited May 2016
    Tylwyth said:
    Ileein said:
    Also, in Jojobo the wiccans and druids are obviously reversed, because Jojobo is in Lusternian Australia and therefore everything is upside down.
    Hmm, I'll go with that.
    We've known that Sun has druids since Hunting was released, it's why people knew the name Mraxin. There was a question as to whether he had Wiccans too which the events post has answered but also kinda raises further questions.
  • edited May 2016
    Those pentients.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Where are all these tweets on twitter coming from?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited May 2016
    Wait wrong one!

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2598
    Date: 5/23/2016 at 0:39
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Free Credits!

Imagine receiving free credits for a simple tweet! That's our gift to
    you when you participate in our new in-game twitter feature. You don't
    even need to join twitter to receive the free credits--we'll do the work
    for you! Simply type TWEET <message> and then receive our gift of 5
    bound credits. Feel free to tweet about what is fun about Lusternia or
    maybe tweet about an interesting event that just happened or a
    particular quest you enjoy. Of course, you are not obligated to tweet
    anything at all, but we hope to (finally!) participate fully in the
    twitter-verse and see where it leads us.

You can only tweet once in-game, though feel free to tweet as much as
    you want from your own twitter account. If all goes well, we may
    continue to ask for more in-game tweets in the future (though no more
    than once per RL month).

Lusternia's twitter feed can be found at: twitter.com/Lusternia

Thank you!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Read the news! TWEET I can now tweet!

But do not do that one, you can only send one, and it would be a bit silly for that to be your character's one-and-only, especially since it would no longer even be factually correct.
  • How does this work, the tweets go to Estarra who posts them on twitter?

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Yeah, looks like it goes directly to the main Lusternia twitter account
  • yeah just saw my tweet
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
      191780   a tawdry boxers                    unworn      71       3 seedy

My boxers are seedy. Why is this so perfect? ;))

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I realise that I, the player, am somewhat genderfluid, but Luce, the character, is male. And nobody but the system generated pronouns seems to remember that. =(
  • Luce said:
    I realise that I, the player, am somewhat genderfluid, but Luce, the character, is male. And nobody but the system generated pronouns seems to remember that. =(
    Tell me about it.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • edited May 2016
    I actually asked in another game once if I was willing to pay if there was a mechanic where I could be IT or THEY, whilst I know the former is a bit insensitive, IT was more appropriate for the character in mind due to him being a bit of a scientific anomaly where he was a bit of a chimera, all sorts of things with a touch of this and that.

I was informed really politely by the admin who responded that the classification had to remain in the gender roles they had due to the fact it would require a whole lot of re-coding multiple skills as well as how curing works in the game, but they truly wished they could do that for those who desired.

Was a bummer :(
    Yeah the admin here said something similar when it was presented. Would require a lot, lot, lot of code overhaul.
    Daraius said:
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    @Luce and @Ileein, there is a reason my signture says what it does. I know your pain. After so long without it happening, a novice last week finally asked again if Everiine was a sir or ma'am.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    FWIW, that distinction only applies to hard-coded things like the auto-pronouns, one or two races, and one or two quests. I'm reliably informed that your character's gender does not need to match his, her, or their anatomical sex, and while it would be tough, and you'd need to be very discerning about who found out and how, you can play characters who don't conform to an anatomical binary.
  • Everyone knows Everiine is a lady's man
  • edited May 2016
    Luce said:
    FWIW, that distinction only applies to hard-coded things like the auto-pronouns, one or two races, and one or two quests. I'm reliably informed that your character's gender does not need to match his, her, or their anatomical sex, and while it would be tough, and you'd need to be very discerning about who found out and how, you can play characters who don't conform to an anatomical binary.
    It would certainly make that one quest where you dress up in drag to seduce the nurse at least 45% more hilarious/confusing.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ileein said:
    Luce said:
    It would certainly make that one quest where you dress up in drag to seduce the nurse at least 45% more hilarious/confusing.
    On that quest in the Vault, if you genderbend after getting the...uh...equipment to seduce the guard, the items you got stop working. 10p wasted =(
  • Annick said:
    Everyone knows Everiine is a lady's man
    Or at least a manly lady.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Annick said:
    Everyone knows Everiine is a lady's man
    I don't know why people think this :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Proximity to @Turnus.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
This discussion has been closed.