Simple questions?

Comments

• Whips and RoAs are actually both more hunting based than combat based, imo. Purely combat arties are usually more archetype specific. Like melders would want to get a melding rune, bards might want to get a song rune or a shield rune to maestro their instrument. 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't really think the song rune is necessary. It's just a convenience thing. Longer song, and maestro but you can get that eventually anyway

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Thanks!
  • An artifact pipe for Steam. It is my understanding the other smokeables will eventually be going and not having to light your pipe can be very useful.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Also runes for vials are just really nice quality of life improvers. Replacing vials can get so tedious.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Sylandra said:
    Also runes for vials are just really nice quality of life improvers. Replacing vials can get so tedious.
    I never thought this was so until I was gifted four of those runes runes. Changed. My. Life.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • A single vial rune will dramatically cut your curative costs.

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    "I'll just set up my vials again when they decay" ~ Everyone before they experience life with vial runes.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    At least until you point out to them that it also means that it will never need to be fixed even if you go inactive for a time, that it doubles the # of sips (every other sip does not consume a liquid from the rift), and it does this for five liquids per rune (so just buying one will cover health, mana, bromides, ice and slush).  All for a very, very low price.  Once you do that, those same people go "Ohhh" and buy one. :)
  • Xenthos said:
    At least until you point out to them that it also means that it will never need to be fixed even if you go inactive for a time, that it doubles the # of sips (every other sip does not consume a liquid from the rift), and it does this for five liquids per rune (so just buying one will cover health, mana, bromides, ice and slush).  All for a very, very low price.  Once you do that, those same people go "Ohhh" and buy one. :)
    Woah woah woah.  I'm sold.
  • Does the rune of shielding stack with a shield, or is it meant to replace a shield entirely?
  • IIRC, shield rune deflects more damage than a regular shield. Plus, you can attach it to anything wielded, so for example as a guardian you can attach it to your symbol and have that work as a shield as well as a weapon.
    See you in Sapience.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It replaces the shield, it doesn't stack

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Is there a way, other than bugging it, to see if a quest is working properly? I hate to ask on forums because I do not want to give detalis of a quest away. I hate bugging it because I know it's probably user error and I feel like I am wasting admin time. I try to ask around in game, but it's pretty random as to whether or not I hit someone who knows how to do that quest, let alone remember the specific step I get stuck on. 
  • Tristanna said:
    Is there a way, other than bugging it, to see if a quest is working properly? I hate to ask on forums because I do not want to give detalis of a quest away. I hate bugging it because I know it's probably user error and I feel like I am wasting admin time. I try to ask around in game, but it's pretty random as to whether or not I hit someone who knows how to do that quest, let alone remember the specific step I get stuck on. 
    You might have better luck asking on the forums. Even if you bug it, it might sit in the bug queue for awhile before someone can look at it.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Tristanna said:
    Is there a way, other than bugging it, to see if a quest is working properly? I hate to ask on forums because I do not want to give detalis of a quest away. I hate bugging it because I know it's probably user error and I feel like I am wasting admin time. I try to ask around in game, but it's pretty random as to whether or not I hit someone who knows how to do that quest, let alone remember the specific step I get stuck on. 
    Can always ask on the forums for someone who's done 'X' quest to PM you, maybe that would keep it a little more spoiler free?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Superior Rune of Fitness:      500 credits (3/13 to max health)

Worth it?  I'm unsure how the stat weights work here.
  • Depending on what you are doing and who you are fighting I think the mana one is a better choice. Mana kills seem to be more abundantly used, from my perception. That being said I have all three runes.
  • edited May 2016
    Demartel said:
    Depending on what you are doing and who you are fighting I think the mana one is a better choice. Mana kills seem to be more abundantly used, from my perception. That being said I have all three runes.
    I considered this, but health also assists with hunting, whereas mana does not (to the same extent).

Edit: found the answer!
  • Beastmaster Chemistry Set: 40 credits
      - Allows the owner to instantly provide custom nutrient blends for their
        beasts.
      - Specifically, grants the ability to instantly set all feed stats to
        particular ratios, which allows immediate ability to administer the maximum
        number of train reagents (bodoru, mindoru, suporu), as well as setting
        the dominant feed type in each category for purposes of description
        selection.
      - Uses the CHEMSET command.

Can this be used on a fresh beast in order to instantly train it?
  • Events newsboard posts - IC or OOC? 
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • IC, I believe.
  • One simple question, one not so simple question: Was there a Magnagoran historical house composed of Loboshigaru besides Malacoda?

And what happened to make the Blasted Lands so blasted?
  • Shoel said:
    Superior Rune of Fitness:      500 credits (3/13 to max health)

Short answer: yes
    Long answer: Probably but it depends on what your current artifacts are whether it should come first. It's generally a good early artifact to pick up, but don't expect it to change your life. 

I also believe it's now 5/13. Dunno if the help file was updated.

Health >>>>> mana in nearly all scenarios. 

Mana kills are far more limited than health kills. If you have to choose, do not build to deal with the one wiccan in the fight, you build for the other 8 people that can all damage you.
  • Shoel said:

Long answer: Probably but it depends on what your current artifacts are whether it should come first. It's generally a good early artifact to pick up, but don't expect it to change your life. 

Mana kills are far more limited than health kills. If you have to choose, do not build to deal with the one wiccan in the fight, you build for the other 8 people that can all damage you.
    The help files for runes were updated today, sorry for the delay. If I missed any please HELPBUG it.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Thul said:

Simple answer: Project Cosmic Hope. When the Earth plane was Tainted, badness spread to the areas surrounding Magnagora. Shallach got a smaller dose thanks to Hallifax blowing the TaintCloud south when it got close to them, but that means the area outside Mag got a double dose of it, and thanks to all the mountains that cloud would have been stuck with nowhere else to go except toward Gloriana, which it did, and Angkreg, which it also did. That much Taint was bad for local flora and fauna, I'd imagine, especially when they got such a concentrated dose.
  • Luce said:
    Thul said:

Simple answer: Project Cosmic Hope. When the Earth plane was Tainted, badness spread to the areas surrounding Magnagora. Shallach got a smaller dose thanks to Hallifax blowing the TaintCloud south when it got close to them, but that means the area outside Mag got a double dose of it, and thanks to all the mountains that cloud would have been stuck with nowhere else to go except toward Gloriana, which it did, and Angkreg, which it also did. That much Taint was bad for local flora and fauna, I'd imagine, especially when they got such a concentrated dose.

Vaguely recall something about Loboshigaru savages, and a Vernal artifact, but drawing a blank...
  • Shoel said:

Aye. That was my reasoning.  However, I chose to get 3/12 in both health and mana than just 5/13 health.  It seems more cost effective.
  • Can the Axelord Sweep modifier (4p for double wounding and parry bypass) be used in conjuction with an affliction modifier?