Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    No, cannot wound and afflict on the same attack

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    No, cannot wound and afflict on the same attack
    So a strike with an affliction modifer won't cause wounding?
    Right, it'll just do the affliction

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Right, it'll just do the affliction
    What happens if you attempt to do an affliction on a bodypart that is not sufficiently wounded?
    it'll default to wounding automatically

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.

• Thul said:
    Luce said:
    Thul said:

And what happened to make the Blasted Lands so blasted?
    Simple answer: Project Cosmic Hope. When the Earth plane was Tainted, badness spread to the areas surrounding Magnagora. Shallach got a smaller dose thanks to Hallifax blowing the TaintCloud south when it got close to them, but that means the area outside Mag got a double dose of it, and thanks to all the mountains that cloud would have been stuck with nowhere else to go except toward Gloriana, which it did, and Angkreg, which it also did. That much Taint was bad for local flora and fauna, I'd imagine, especially when they got such a concentrated dose.

Vaguely recall something about Loboshigaru savages, and a Vernal artifact, but drawing a blank...
    THere was Igasho I thought, and the Horn of Urlach? Or something? THEy cut off thier city or something....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Aeldra said:
    Tristanna said:
    Is there a way, other than bugging it, to see if a quest is working properly? I hate to ask on forums because I do not want to give detalis of a quest away. I hate bugging it because I know it's probably user error and I feel like I am wasting admin time. I try to ask around in game, but it's pretty random as to whether or not I hit someone who knows how to do that quest, let alone remember the specific step I get stuck on. 
    Can always ask on the forums for someone who's done 'X' quest to PM you, maybe that would keep it a little more spoiler free?
    Can someone who's done the Mucklemarsh quest recently PM me? I can't figure something out.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Luce said:
    To be clear, Luce himself considers this a mutation or a manipulation rather than him just naturally being a jade dragonfox (His parents were regular-kin, haven't decided what) somewhat akin to a jackalope or woppeltinger.  This and other things led to rural smalltown furrikids being rural smalltown kids, which caused more than a few problems in his past. So caveat emptor.

On the point of what-kin there are, we know for sure about hedgehogs, skunks, foxes, badgers, turtles, rabbits/hares, squirrels, bears, and I'm pretty sure there were explicit mentions of housecat and canine furrikin. I've had a bat before, which only had a couple of raised eyebrows due to bats being corrupted bluejays (I think?) and a lot of non-standard critters are creations of Bollikin. Essentially, if it could reasonably be seen following a Disney Princess around, it's cool.

On the other hand, most of the colourful birds, insects, scorpions, crocodiles, spiders, stags, horses, wolves, bears, etc. were explicitly made by other Gods and should probably be scrutinised before selection. I think the only reason Taekin exist is the love that dares not speak its name between Tae and Bollikin, similar to how Loboshi splintered into Volkh's wolves.
    It occurs to me to ask if this is (still) (fairly) accurate. Have we encountered any other furrikin subspecies or any other explicit creations of Bollikin? Or had any clarification re:bats and dogs.

Further, what varieties/subspecies exist for Aslaran, Tae'Dae, and Loboshigaru?

I've had or seen panthers, lions, cheetahs, leopards, snow leopards, pumas, and lynxes for the first, grizzly, black, honey, polar, and panda bears for the middle, and shiba inu, corgi, golden retrievers, labs, collies, timber wolves, grey wolves, and red wolves for the last. 

Mostly idle curiosity, but if need be this might be best split into a thread in World Library.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, let's make a spreadsheet! ETA: Which elder made dogs? Is Lusternian history long enough for dogs to have developed from wolves through domestication and selective breeding, or is Volkh responsible for them?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited May 2016
    Regarding Lobo types to add to your list, Master Q is a jackal, and I've played a dingo, a Doberman, and one that was more an arctic fox than anything.
    I used to make cakes.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    Yeah, let's make a spreadsheet! ETA: Which elder made dogs? Is Lusternian history long enough for dogs to have developed from wolves through domestication and selective breeding, or is Volkh responsible for them?
    Don't tempt me...I'm Hallifaxian enough to do it. I made a spreadsheet once just to track what ratios I got when I cracked them out on a jeweler. With and without Mastercut, and with and without a jeweler's hammer. I can make a spreadsheet, man.
    Do iiiit. We'll chart furrikin, aslaran, lobo, and tae'dae phenotypes and track whether there's in-game, lore, or player-based evidence to for their existence.
    I used to make cakes.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I really miss my furrikin alt, and often think about picking it back up, but there's some baggage there that always makes me stay away.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    Do iiiit. We'll chart furrikin, aslaran, lobo, and tae'dae phenotypes and track whether there's in-game, lore, or player-based evidence to for their existence.
    Open for suggestions and data now. Raw is better than nothing.
  • Do mutilated limbs leave a broken limb after being cured?
  • Seen any Dire blackwolfish lobos?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I've got a little question about the tree of trees. I'm simply a little confused about the area. Is there anything am missing about it, or is there really no quest there? I was under the impression all of the bubbles had one, but on the tree of trees, I've not even found a single denizen, let alone hints for a quest.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    The bubble comes up during events mostly. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tylwyth said:
    Seen any Dire blackwolfish lobos?
    Despite wearing the simple robe and sandals of a monk, this loboshigaru has fallen victim to his
    bloodlust and moves about with uninhibited ferocity. The large, sharpened teeth of his maw snap
    wildly at the air, hungry for blood, and his midnight black fur is bristled with ill-temperment.
    Dust covered, he carries a worn backpack which is strapped across his chest tightly. Foam builds at
    the corners of his mouth and his eyes are blood-shot and angry.

Aside from a case of rabies, the non-bloodthirsty ones share his description.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Can Divine see *everything* that happens in their fulcrux? I know they can see SAYS, but can they also see emotes?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Can Divine see *everything* that happens in their fulcrux? I know they can see SAYS, but can they also see emotes?

Apparently. Hoaracle caught me sighing and leaving once, but I don't know if he's actually just in the room when we talk.

Best to fully assume they can. Be good.
  • Tremula said:
    Yes. They can apply this level of scrutiny most anywhere-- around important order denizens, for example-- but fulcruxes in particular.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • What's the population like across the current cities? I've got ideas for characters in each city, and am having a real hard time picking one to stick with. I'd rather go to someplace a little quieter in population, so figured I'd ask here.
    If you want quiet, Gaudi is the place for you

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    It depends a bit on when you play, but if you play mostly outside of the "peak" times all of them can get pretty quiet.

Population wise, Magnagora consistently has the most players, with Glomdoring, Serenwilde and Celest each having days where a lot of people are logged in. Hallifax usually sits in the middle of the crowd. Gaudiguch is definitely the quietest at all times throughout the day.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    CULTURE gives a daily %age (note that you need to look at the %, but actual rating for the highest is bumped up by 100 so that's why there's such a gap between it and the next few).  It can fluctuate a great deal from day to day though, and only shows you one day at a time (so making a decision based on any one CULTURE reading is not ideal).
  • Magnagora is rather quite at certain times of the day.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    What fields are there for stamp designs? Just the normal short/examined/dropped plus message that shows up when you use it, or something else?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    They have the usual object fields (noun, dropped, desc, etc.). They additionally have a 'user' field, with either a person or org, defining who can use it. It also has a Seal_text field, which is what is left (in red wax) on the stamped documents. 
  • Numbers on these, please? (see bolded)

Catsluck Collection - Gives you luck of the cat which increases your chance of crit hits. x/100?

Braveheart Collection - Gives fear resistance %?

Whiplash Collection - On the next movement, the target will lose balance. How long is cast time and balance loss time?