Simple questions?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm not sure I understand the distinction between "special snowflake" and literally any kind of character-specific RP or traits. :-/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited June 2016
    Luce said:
    Uh...I carried on full conversations in (bad) French with a God-possessed mob for weeks. Basically until I got bored of it and it was pointed out (in character) that I was screwing up the grammar and syntactic structures so badly it was hard to understand. That character was at full rolepoints for his entire existence. 
    Does anyone, for any reason, ever actually lose rolepoints?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited June 2016
    I have! Twice.

1) I dropped the f bomb during the tainted Maeve event. Some admin docked my rolepoints.

2) I found some bug with the well on ethereal and the Seren pixies where you could rez the pixie and kill it again, costing Seren 1 power each time. I did it just to see if it would work, and Seren got all kinds of hilariously pissed over 2 power. Got issued by the Seren Bitter Brigade. TDF and docked my rolepoints.

Only issue ever upheld against me. :(

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I had rolepoints docked on an alt for being AFK at Prime Mother for 10 hours once. Then later for AFK aethering (though that time I had just stepped away from my computer for a few minutes and was able to avoid having a chunk of xp docked as well.)(Told you I own it when I'm penalised for being AFK.)
  • F pregnancy RP. Hard!

The only person it serves is the person trying to become pregnant. One person is never a game.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Golden dragon milk?
  • edited June 2016
    I have! Twice.

1) I dropped the f bomb during the tainted Maeve event. Some admin docked my rolepoints.

2) I found some bug with the well on ethereal and the Seren pixies where you could rez the pixie and kill it again, costing Seren 1 power each time. I did it just to see if it would work, and Seren got all kinds of hilariously pissed over 2 power. Got issued by the Seren Bitter Brigade. TDF and docked my rolepoints.

Only issue ever upheld against me. :(

So it's being corrosive, not an actual RP deficit, that gives you this?

EDIT: Because I have no idea how to word this.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Eh. I've seen people docked rolepoints for using OOC concepts in says and public channels post-novicehood too, but not as often. Like, it was people who were doing it for an extended period of time.
  • It's just a general punishment. You gain xp slower at lower rolepoint levels. The term "rolepoints" may be misleading.
  • edited June 2016
    Still interesting. And definitely doesn't sound like "RP" points.

edit; I honesty thought 'credibility' and such was a legacy thing. way, way outdated thing never used.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sondayga said:
    Can anyone explain 'Rebuff' in dramaturgy. I can't seem to get it to fire under testing. Thanks!
    If it's the skill I'm thinking of....if you get beckoned or chaindragged into a room, it moves you right back and then pulls the person who moved you into your room.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Gilded cage. Worth or not?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I like it, personally.
  • Not unless you just have a resource surplus. I've considered buying it only because I've run out of things to buy.
  • Does anyone got all or most of the bc lines?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rolepoint docking is also the default punishment for being caught egregiously AFK.
  • edited June 2016
    I got docked rolepoints for saying the F word in a shout IIRC.

It can keep you from using certain channels if you are docked enough and what not.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Anyone able to find the info for a Great Rune of Cold Resistance?

Can't seem to find it through the IG help files or the aethergoop list. 
  • 3/12 damage resistance.  It's lumped together with all the other damage enhancement/resistance runes in HELP ARTIFACTS COMBAT.

• Oh, I see it now. The funny is that I looked at that scroll too but I didn't find anything the first time.  :-\"

Thank you!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I can't remember, can admin for one game play another as regular characters, or do they need to be completely removed from the playerbases?
  • Luce said:
    I can't remember, can admin for one game play another as regular characters, or do they need to be completely removed from the playerbases?
    Cant say much more aside from yes you can.
  • Maybe for @Estarra, but does anyone know if firstaid is getting further developed, maybe once the overhaul is done? Being on nexus is frustrating, and serverside curing would totally make that easier without like... me needing to develop a nexus curing system >_>
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Lore people: Were the Elder War histories known to educated people in the Celestine Empire, or are they meant as a modern discovery?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The books were discovered over the course of modern history, one at a time. The first couple of books may have been general knowledge, but most of it was lost by the end of the Vernal Wars, is my understanding.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Could argue either way, I'd say. Higher chance of being known in mugwumpi communities, since they formed the Keepers of Mysteries, and were the custodians of history, prophecies, etc.

Also, assuming that the races knew they were shards of Elders means they must have known something about the Elder Wars...
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited July 2016
    That may have been the extent of our knowledge about the Elder Wars, though, if we knew that much. And even that might have been limited to Mugwumps, Trill, Lucidians, etc. who kept the records, or Kephera/Illithoid whose splintering was much closer to modern history and was the subject of a massive, MASSIVE war between the two races.