The "other side doesn't play how I want them to" thread

Comments

• Rivius said:
    Synkarin said:
    Was this the one where I logged in 2/3* through, and it was like 4 of us and 8-10 of you?

Or are we talking something different? I remember this specifically because Maligorn questioned me after it.

*I forget exactly when I logged on, but lets be honest here, we tried to steal a domoth 3v8 just a day ago. When besides Yarith coming in suiciding has any of you come against us in similiar odds? 
    No they're talking about the one where they sat on War and refused to complete it so all of Gaudi was locked out of the Domoth realm. Then they continued to call people up until they had  a large numbers advantage, THEN completed War and absolved me.

They were using the War upgrade to prevent us from taking the free Domoth, because that would've involved Gaudiguch (which was me at the time).

So this charade they are putting on is hilarious. I might be a bitch, but at least I'm honest. You guys are just being spiteful liars.

Lmao. I love how you completely created motivations and scenarios for us. Watch out spiteful liars, she's on to you.
    Hot tip: You can watch the timers with DOMOTH STATUS to see when people stop claiming. 
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Synkarin said:
    Was this the one where I logged in 2/3* through, and it was like 4 of us and 8-10 of you?

Or are we talking something different? I remember this specifically because Maligorn questioned me after it.

*I forget exactly when I logged on, but lets be honest here, we tried to steal a domoth 3v8 just a day ago. When besides Yarith coming in suiciding has any of you come against us in similiar odds? 
    No they're talking about the one where they sat on War and refused to complete it so all of Gaudi was locked out of the Domoth realm. Then they continued to call people up until they had  a large numbers advantage, THEN completed War and absolved me.

They were using the War upgrade to prevent us from taking the free Domoth and delaying the claim, because that would've involved Gaudiguch (which was me at the time). Forgot about that part, @Demartel?

So this charade they are putting on is hilarious. I might be a bitch, but at least I'm honest. You guys are just being spiteful liars.

Even your one example out of NINE domoth absolves, and you guys can't even try to be honest. You may not like me, but you can at least have the integrity to be honest about the actual events. 

Hallifax didn't want to let anyone start the domoth claim because we would have been locked out, so we chose to do an absolve that everyone could take part in. Wasn't this all about avoiding conflict? I don't really understand your point.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited May 2016
    So are you guys fighting now or should I still keep on waiting for Overwatch.

You guys don't understand that it's okay to absolve only when you're not gonna get any fights, but it's also okay for other people to call you out on it. Is it effective? Sure is, but it's also boring/lame/etc.

At the same token, if you guys won't purposefully involve yourselves in things that you might find harsh/difficult/impossible, then don't be surprised that you get beaten down every time by people who do get involve themselves in said situations. 

It is literally a difference in experience at that point. You guys can call BS OP skills or any other excuses, but in the end, you got outplayed because the people you fought simply know what to expect in that exact situation due to having had to suffer through it at some point in their e-lives (and BS OP skills).

P.S. Please note that I only say this with the assumption that numbers are "even". Literally even, not your stupid X person is worth 20 people kind of "even".

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    .....That's my point @Falmiis

When do you try with those odds? Here you, @Demartel, @Maligorn are all trying to point out the one absolve Celina was around for that she didn't contest, but the situation was a situation you guys won't bother even trying in. 

As I've pointed out, we've more than shown we're willing to fight against the numbers, consistently, numerous times. You seem to be calling out one time we didn't try and riding hard on that to prove some point that just simply isn't true.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    We have tried in many situations where we were undermanned, going into a fortress. Not 1v2 undermanned like you are trying to make this situation to be, because it wasn't for the first part of it.
  • This is hilarious. Yes, the South as all the best players. Praise be! Now we're just going to enjoy the villages, domoths, and bubbles that we have while we have them.
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited May 2016
    Defensive skills don't make for good charges just saying.
    Edit: But that's another can of worms entirely.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    edited May 2016
    Shuyin said:

You guys don't understand that it's okay to absolve only when you're not gonna get any fights, but it's also okay for other people to call you out on it. Is it effective? Sure is, but it's also boring/lame/etc.

Nobody actually cares if anyone calls anyone out on doing anything in this game, but if you're going to make blanket accusations about an entire side you better make sure that your own is squeaky clean. This has been my stance from the very beginning. Stop having double standards where it's alright for you to do something but when it's done to you it's suddenly a great injustice because of some goal posts that change every single time.
    Twytch said:
    This is hilarious. Yes, the South as all the best players. Praise be! Now we're just going to enjoy the villages, domoths, and bubbles that we have while we have them.

I've made this point several times that politics etc doesn't agree that we're better and always have the number advantage. I'm told that those things don't matter and don't actually count. But hey, If you want to think griefing epics under flimsy excuses is 'winning', Feel free.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Actually, @Synkarin, the only thing I am riding hard is that @Cyndarin runs to the forums spilling salty tears every time people don't play her way. Then she has the hypocrisy to "grief" and cry that everyone avoids fighting her. In fact, she is so predictable that I have called it almost every time that she will be running to the forums.

In case that was hard to follow; Don't cry that people are avoiding you when you yourself do shit then run to avoid people, and then follow it up with lame justifcations that apparently are only good for her and not anyone else who might use those same justifications.

Consider absolving our form of griefing, judging by the forum posts count of hers on that subject, we grief harder.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Oops, everybody board the liar train, we're now not only avoiding Cyndarin at all costs, but we're also spiteful liars.

#delusion

#everyoneavoidsfightingme

edited May 2016
    Falmiis said:
    Shuyin said:

Nobody actually cares if anyone calls anyone out on doing anything in this game, but if you're going to make blanket accusations about an entire side you better make sure that your own is squeaky clean. This has been my stance from the very beginning. Stop having double standards where it's alright for you to do something but when it's done to you it's suddenly a great injustice because of some goal posts that change every single time.

I agree, which is why I harp on the combat-weight thing all the time! 

Though I don't agree that you need to be squeaky-clean to broadly call out one side or another about observed trends. Because tbh, then no one who has posted in this thread (myself included) has any right to make fuss at that point.
  • On another note, I woke up and as expected the constructive part of this discussion went right out the window.
  • edited May 2016
    Demartel said:
    Ah, well, Cyndarin figured us out. I guess the gig is up.

#everyoneavoidsfightingme
    One absolve and one I had to fill in the full story for you because you aren't being honest. One. Out of at least nine.

Grow up. We don't have to like each other or agree on anything, but there is a minimum bar for honesty. You absolve so often I'll be counting on my toes soon, out of which one I was around for and you couldn't even be decent enough to give the context of the absolve? How you locked me out and deliberately delayed the completion of war long enough for several more people to log on/ascend and join you?

So you want to criticize me the ONE TIME out of NINE that I didn't engage in a scenario you wouldn't have engaged in had hell frozen over?

So you want to cry because your side is admitting to using absolves to poke the other side in the eye, and I do it back to you with your ladies? But I'll also do it by fighting you?

So you want to ignore the full story so you can try and imply it's actually me who avoids fighting the North? Do you want to talk about two nights ago? Or the 3v9 on Dramube? Or the group raids in full discretionaries I'm routinely part of? Or how I solo died in Lisaera's realm (you were there)? Seems like I'll fight you, and you know I will. You're there when I do. 

I'm a bitch, but you're dishonest.
  • edited May 2016
    Actually I am almost positive that if it was not for @Synkarin (Who I actually respect even if we disagree on this subject) you would not get into much of anything that you could not cubix out of, but you keep patting yourself on the back. Someone has to.
    Sidd was the one who decided to bring in experience as a factor in Crumkindivia. He was actually going through all of south's fighters are telling me how certain people were worth more or less than people on our side. Funny how that's something else that never gets brought up as a factor when they absolve with all of the south veterans who have played this game for many more years than I have, but the moment it can plausibly be used to justify their point.

Also I want to make the point that South with Sidd and South without Sidd are two entirely different beasts when it comes to "trying".
    Well that's pretty true, there's always a leader on each side and people are more willing to try when their leaders are around. I don't see how pertinent that is to the argument though.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne

Shuyin said:
    Well that's pretty true, there's always a leader on each side and people are more willing to try when their leaders are around. I don't see how pertinent that is to the argument though.
    It's pertinent because Sidd has repeatedly tried to undermine us by saying "when have you ever done anything without Yarith". It's just putting it back in his face.

• Synkarin said:

I've made this point several times that politics etc doesn't agree that we're better and always have the number advantage. I'm told that those things don't matter and don't actually count. But hey, If you want to think griefing epics under flimsy excuses is 'winning', Feel free.
    I got lost with this reply. Gonna try picking it apart:

1) Domoths, villages, and bubbles bring in a healthy amount of power, so they do matter in that sense.

2) The main reason why most villages and domoths are with the North right now is because they tend to pop when the North is on peak and the South isn't. They matter in terms of power, but they definitely don't count when gauging the strengths of either alliance.

3) The South is not as populous as the North, but it is definitely better at combat. Given a fight with equal numbers, I'd place my bets on Team South winning. Sure, the North pulls through maybe once every ten skirmishes, but the might is definitely on the other side.

4) I've never griefed epics for 'winning'...it's all for the power. Also Vernal curio pieces, which the Mirror and Hand quests cough out a lot. Plus I like questing, as I've said before. Sometimes that means messing with the other side of the quest.
    See you in Sapience.
    Shuyin said:
    It is important because with Sidd around, south are much, much more willing to try. So from his perspective, south does try a lot more than north. If we were keeping count though, I think it'd be clear that north tries at least as much as south when Sidd isn't around.

Perspective is ultimately the reason why this argument will keep going until the end of time. It's hard to see how crippling a fortress in the domoth hub can be when you are always on the side that is holding it and fights will always seem more fair when you're on the winning side.
  • Demartel said:
    Actually I am almost positive that if it was not for @Synkarin (Who I actually respect even if we disagree on this subject) you would not get into much of anything that you could not cubix out of, but you keep patting yourself on the back. Someone has to.
    So you can't respond with substance, you just want to make things up. I even gave you several examples Synkarin wasn't there for. Dramube was Xenthos, me, and Salome. I was alone in Lisaera's realm. 

You're just going to change your story to try and get a rise out of me again. I get it. You don't want to be honest, you just want for us to attack one another. 
  • "Except there was that one time..."
    It's hilarious how this argument suddenly becomes invalid when turned around. 10/10
    See you in Sapience.
    And please, Twytch was griefing epics even when he was a Gaudi. I even asked someone (can't remember who, was one of the GMs) to ask him to stop and was pretty much told there is no reason to.
  • Demartel said:
    So you can't respond with substance, you just want to make things up. I even gave you several examples Synkarin wasn't there for. Dramube was Xenthos, me, and Salome. I was alone in Lisaera's realm. 

You're just going to change your story to try and get a rise out of me again. I get it. You don't want to be honest, you just want for us to attack one another. 

So you died in Lisaera's Relam. Big Whoop. The difference between you and me is I die raiding putting up a fight, you died raiding trying your hardest to escape.

How about the countless times I have run into you in EthSeren and you say "oh hi" and cubix out. and please don't sit there telling me how you fight in full discretionaries. Just about every time we have them up my spectacles go off with "Cyndarin ran away again with everyone else", maybe there was that "one time" you didn't and I was not there, but apparently we can't bring up "that one time" so neither can you.
  • I've definitely been farming the Mirror quest as a Gaudi and as a Halli (although, of course, if someone from whichever side I'm on is doing the quests, I'd exclusively do the 'our' side Mirror). Mmm, Vernals.
    See you in Sapience.
    A lot happened while I was writing this, so it's a bit late.

@Demartel - I'd agree with you if she herself hasn't proven that she's willing to fight the zerg multiple times. It's like you just completely dismiss all the fights and scuffles that don't fit your narrative.

There is a consistent trend of absolving when we don't have people to contest. There really isn't denying that. I don't think you're avoiding her specifically, but you are avoiding conflict by doing so. Denying it by trying to say that we do the same thing, or citing specific, cherry-picked instances of actions to help prove your point (actions that your side in general won't get involved) as justification for whatever you are trying to prove is just sidestepping the facts. 

The fact that you are trying to say you are not avoiding conflict in absolves (a mechanic by the way, that your side consistently says is terrible mechanics and 'impossible' to contest in the current fortress meta. I believe you even used the word 'delusional' if you tried to argue against that)  is simply disproved by the facts of when the absolves consistently happen, and when they could happen but don't because of who is around. It isn't that  @Aeden isn't around when we are, He frequently is, and frequently has come to defenses, raids, absolves etc.

@Twytch - I agree politics/domoths do count, People on the north side have been the ones to tell me that they don't. 

@Falmiis - I do bring experience in to it, I do feel that overall, during Crum you had the experience/numbers advantage. You asked me how and I explained how. Also, had someone brought it to me in Gaudi, I would have asked Twytch to stop griefing epics. I've done it before with other people, I'll do it again. Griefing epics is pretty akin to chopping elders. It's just lame and doesn't add anything of value.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Falmiis said:
    Shuyin said:
    It is important because with Sidd around, south are much, much more willing to try. So from his perspective, south does try a lot more than north. If we were keeping count though, I think it'd be clear that north tries at least as much as south when Sidd isn't around.

Perspective is ultimately the reason why this argument will keep going until the end of time. It's hard to see how crippling a fortress in the domoth hub can be when you are always on the side that is holding it and fights will always seem more fair when you're on the winning side.
    Yes, because that time I asked Celina and Salome if they wanted to go try against greater than 2 times our numbers (just a few days ago) does not count.  /shrug

While yes, I'm more willing to go into a situation with people who I know have got my back, trying against the odds is certainly not exclusive to just having a single individual around-- I don't think that I'd call it even.
  • Whatever, we've entered the echo chamber at this point. 

We've reach a level of dishonesty where people aren't even engaging in the points being made, they are rewriting their positions just to make jabs at the other side.

We'll only fight with Sidd, but we showed up 3v9 during a Domoth upgrade on Dramube without him. Obviously he's a leader, and people follow him, but implying we don't try without him in the face of evidence otherwise is no longer about having a discussion. It's just about trying to score points with your friends and all mass liking jabs against the other side, regardless of the validity. 

We've just descended into a deep level of dishonesty that conversation isn't even happening.