Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Well, so long as Cyndarin is always right, that's what counts.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • edited June 2016
    Well bitter Seren tears are always an excellent consolation prize for when I'm wrong.

I generally find players to be pretty apathetic towards most problems until it's their problem. Human nature, I suppose, I'm guilty of it sometimes. Being snide doesn't get results though. Griefing can though. Griefing can get results. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What's this Fralunah and what's she doing?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I mean if it's not Twytch or Cyndarin or whoever, it'll be someone else. I remember there was a certain Glom who won the Dragon Gauntlets in an auction and would constantly set Serenwilde on fire. vOv

Ultimately, you're not going to get any results, Cyndarin. But you probably already know this.

You keep doing you tho
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Phoebus said:
    Is Lusternia just a part of my life that's over? :( I feel so distant from everything in the game. I log in to take care of my obligations and hope that one day I'll feel a connection again, but even when I do it's only a short time before I drift away. I still love the world; I find myself coming up with characters and stories and thoughts about Lusternia even during my periods of inactivity. But when I play, I feel like an outsider. Like the part of me that could get immersed in the game faded away, and all that's left is my investment in the story. I'm a reader now, and not a player, and maybe I should accept that and stop trying to force things to go back to how they used to be.
    Sadly feeling similar, though more that I feel like I don't have any goals or aspirations to keep me going. :(
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Kaimanahi said:
    Phoebus said:
    Is Lusternia just a part of my life that's over? :( I feel so distant from everything in the game. I log in to take care of my obligations and hope that one day I'll feel a connection again, but even when I do it's only a short time before I drift away. I still love the world; I find myself coming up with characters and stories and thoughts about Lusternia even during my periods of inactivity. But when I play, I feel like an outsider. Like the part of me that could get immersed in the game faded away, and all that's left is my investment in the story. I'm a reader now, and not a player, and maybe I should accept that and stop trying to force things to go back to how they used to be.
    Sadly feeling similar, though more that I feel like I don't have any goals or aspirations to keep me going. :(
    I know what you mean. I don't know what to do with myself on Phoebus anymore. It's like her story is finished and there's nowhere else for her to go, but her "life" keeps continuing on anyway. I've tried alts and they work for a little bit, maybe a few months, but then I lose steam and get to feel super guilty about not playing them regularly.
  • edited June 2016
    Rivius said:
    I mean if it's not Twytch or Cyndarin or whoever, it'll be someone else. I remember there was a certain Glom who won the Dragon Gauntlets in an auction and would constantly set Serenwilde on fire. vOv

Ultimately, you're not going to get any results, Cyndarin. But you probably already know this.

You keep doing you tho
    You're right, you can't prevent the next guy, but you can always try to stop the current one. 

Who, Krellan? Man, had to dig up the archives for that one. 5 years ago? I wonder how many fire starting astro there have been since him. (oh oh oh, me! I was one!) In a hilarious twist of irony, I guess that goes to show it's actually not always someone. You keep doing you tho. Apathy is so sexy.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited June 2016
    There is an undeniable truth here: Glom complaining about the fires was getting Glom nowhere. Glom's complaints to Twytch were lost in the void of assumed partisanship and "whining."  Now we are having a different conversation because both sides are involved. 

So call it what you will. I think it worked out as intended.

I mean, Twytch may still do it but at least I tried!

I mean, we're having a different conversation because we're otherwise not keeping close enough tabs on Glomdoring to know when someone from an entirely different org is acting on his own to light Glom on fire. Serenwilde being lit on fire (ironically) does nothing to warm the org to take the kind of IC action you're pushing for. On the other hand, just pointing it out would do the same "Well, I'm starting a conversation" without participating in mechanics you openly agree are griefy and unjustifiable... unless it's you doing it for noble purposes or something. You tried, but in the most self defeating manner. 
    Well bitter Seren tears are always an excellent consolation prize for when I'm wrong.

I generally find players to be pretty apathetic towards most problems until it's their problem. Human nature, I suppose, I'm guilty of it sometimes. Being snide doesn't get results though. Griefing can though. Griefing can get results. 

Well, you lighting Serenwilde on fire makes Serenwilde's problem you, not Twytch doing anything. 
    I mean I don't buy the reasoning anyway. It's really strange since she's usually straight forward about griefing for the sake of it.
    Rivius said:

You keep doing you tho
    You're right, you can't prevent the next guy, but you can always try to stop the current one. 

Who, Krellan? Man, had to dig up the archives for that one. 5 years ago? I wonder how many fire starting astro there have been since him. (oh oh oh, me! I was one!) In a hilarious twist of irony, I guess that goes to show it's actually not always someone. You keep doing you tho. Apathy is so sexy.

It was Tarkenton, and a lot more recent than that. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited June 2016
    ? I don't recall setting Serenwilde on fire. Get your facts straight chica. Astro sucks, and I never bothered with it. I spent a lot of time killing aspects, centaurs, ladies, and people in prime seren every once in a while. And leaving graffiti with my chromapen.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You guys are thinking of Morkarion/Karlach

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I've kinda assumed you've been setting fires to set fires and just quietly (sort of) fumed about it. If it's a political thing... uh.

Maybe you've got a different read on Twytch, but I'm not under the impression that this is something that'll stop if someone in authority over him asks nicely.
    Nah, the person I'm thinking of doesn't even play anymore and wasn't a PKer. Maybe they got it from presents idk. I just know they used to stay on the Serenwilde roads and fire it into Serenwilde and run. It's not a new thing. There's probably been tons of Astros who've done it since then, but I usually don't give a crap about people who play like that to remember them.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rivius said:
    I mean I don't buy the reasoning anyway. It's really strange since she's usually straight forward about griefing for the sake of it.

That is why you should buy the reasoning. She has no real reason to lie about it; if she was doing it just to grief, she'd simply say so (like she does for everything else). I can assure you, from the conversations on our end (including when she first started), that all the Prime Serenwilde fires are response-to-Twytch. Is it effective? Maybe not. Yet, strangely, it does make me feel better that someone else has to deal with the same frustration that we do; shared pain is better than having to go it alone, I suppose? Same with the Elders and spiked heads, etc. I would far prefer that it not happen at all, but it seems that is not the game we play, unfortunately. Someone always feels the need to show off, and you can either take it (and nobody else cares) or you can respond (and suddenly those same people start caring, like the people who did not mind dozens of heads spiked at Glom's archways but screamed bloody murder when the same thing was done at Seren's).
  • edited June 2016

Rivius said:
    I find it deeply amusing that while admitting that you believe I will always be straightforward with my reasoning even if others don't agree with it, your belief of that will change depending on your own narrative rather than what you know of me. 

Of course, I was an Astro for a long while and never set fires to Seren with it. So it's been previously established that fires for the sake of fires wasn't a thing I do regardless of any secondary narrative regarding my griefing practices (which are generally just for the sake of griefing), but hey, who cares about facts and context anyways. This one time I'm lying for no apparent reason, and I paid Xenthos off to agree with me.

Oh did Morkarion set fires? Okay 2 years ago.
  • I actually love seeing my head spiked. Put Yarith heads everyyywheeeere!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    edited June 2016
    Xenthos said:
    Rivius said:

That is why you should buy the reasoning. She has no real reason to lie about it; if she was doing it just to grief, she'd simply say so (like she does for everything else). I can assure you, from the conversations on our end (including when she first started), that all the Prime Serenwilde fires are response-to-Twytch. Is it effective? Maybe not. Yet, strangely, it does make me feel better that someone else has to deal with the same frustration that we do; shared pain is better than having to go it alone, I suppose? Same with the Elders and spiked heads, etc. I would far prefer that it not happen at all, but it seems that is not the game we play, unfortunately. Someone always feels the need to show off, and you can either take it (and nobody else cares) or you can respond (and suddenly those same people start caring, like the people who did not mind dozens of heads spiked at Glom's archways but screamed bloody murder when the same thing was done at Seren's).
    Lol now you're justifying your ~80+ heads at the archway, when no one asked about it. I mean whatever floats your boat Xenthos. I don't even remember the last time heads were posted at the Glom archway before that. This is just like when you ran around force feeding centaur steaks to people and claimed it was in some righteous protest for Glom novices. Like dude, if you want to be a jerk, be a jerk. No one minds. Just be honest about it.

It's also just like how you insist on pitting all of the highways through Serenwilde (and the majority of the game for that matter including places on Prime where no one fights) every day, and when asked its because 'I'd like to have them available to me if I need them.'
    Rivius said:
    Xenthos said:
    Rivius said:

Lol now you're justifying your ~80+ heads at the archway, when no one asked about it. I mean whatever floats your boat Xenthos. I don't even remember the last time heads were posted at the Glom archway before that. This is just like when you ran around force feeding centaur steaks to people and claimed it was in some righteous protest for Glom novices. Like dude, if you want to be a jerk, be a jerk. No one minds. Just be honest about it.

Er, heads were at the Glomdoring just a couple weeks ago-- both sides. I was not even collecting heads until then. Should be pretty obvious, timing wise. I just waited until I had a nice little collection stockpiled. If you want to lie on the forums about what you do when, you're absolutely welcome to. I, on the other hand, have no need to. Only reason I even started beheading was because you guys felt the need to "show off"-- so much so that they even made you a head tree!

I am not usually one for starting these things, but I am more than happy to respond, even if it takes a bit of time to come to fruition.
    I don't even know why people are making excuses or using scapegoats to set things on fire, grief, or basically cause trouble.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited June 2016
    I mean, you can be a jerk, and the reason being is that someone else was a jerk. It's not a scapegoat, it's literally the catalyst for your reaction. I don't know why people are acting like responding to other players is not real. Totally weird.
  • If someone's being a jerk and you want to be a jerk back, cool. Go for it.

If someone's being a jerk and you want them to stop, I don't think this is the strategy to achieve that. This is a bad mechanism to get the North to apply social pressure on someone, and even if it does get through, I don't think the social pressure will have any results.
    Shaddus said:
    I don't even know why people are making excuses or using scapegoats to set things on fire, grief, or basically cause trouble.

I personally prefer to have an event to respond to before doing something "griefy"; for example, you do not usually see me jumping on Astral-hunts (unless the people hunting had recently done the same to me). I figure if they are doing it, they should be prepared to have the same done back. Otherwise, I know that I would want to be left alone and thus try to give others the same treatment I would like to be afforded. /shrug.
  • Thul said:
    If someone's being a jerk and you want to be a jerk back, cool. Go for it.

If someone's being a jerk and you want them to stop, I don't think this is the strategy to achieve that. This is a bad mechanism to get the North to apply social pressure on someone, and even if it does get through, I don't think the social pressure will have any results.
    Well, to be fair, the moral high ground never works and a nice letter to the CL isn't all that realistic. 

Maybe it becomes a "well screw you too," approach, but social pressure works. Not always, but I've definitely seen it curb certain behaviors at times.
    This is Lusternia. Social and peer pressure never work.
  • Ah, Tweets....

Long has it been I have woken up to a dish of pudding so full, so delightful. I delicately dip my spoon in and savor the salty caramel.
    -blots his lips with a monogrammed napkin-

Proceed ladies and gentlemen.
  • Just to get some facts straight, I think you're talking about Drayl winning the Dragon Gauntlets in an auction and then setting Seren on fire. This was back in 2011.
This discussion has been closed.