Simple questions?

Comments

• I'm assuming that at a certain level, crits will start making bashing more effective than influencing. Is this the case, and if so, when?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It generally is. This tips around the 90s, when your crit rate goes up. 
  • 1. Is there a help file (or something in game) that describes the various triple junction brews and their effects? 

2. The description of darkmalt on the wiki suggests that damage increases with drunkenness, but even when I'm pretty drunk I seem to only get a bonus of 1 (although I don't remember if the max changes). Am I missing something? 
  • edited June 2016
    Mrak said:
    1. Is there a help file (or something in game) that describes the various triple junction brews and their effects? 
    Sadly not (and hopefully this is fixed at some point), but the effects are the following:
    Goldentonic - 100% extra experience for 60min
    Kiwipunch - Increased criticals for 60min
    Fruitpizzazz - Increased health(1/6) for 60min
    Argleblaster - Increased statistics(I can't actually find any changes to anything via bodyscan or such, so possibly nothing at the moment) for 60min

EDIT: Forgot Argleblaster existed. Appended that.
  • edited June 2016
    Info misremembered :)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• My information is a few months outdated, but argleblaster is basically a 1 hour TF, and doesn't stack with a real TF
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited June 2016
    Argleblasters are a 2/10 buff to all damage and resistances. Do not stack with true favors.
  • Mrak said:

2. The description of darkmalt on the wiki suggests that damage increases with drunkenness, but even when I'm pretty drunk I seem to only get a bonus of 1 (although I don't remember if the max changes). Am I missing something? 
    A confirmation for those who care: darkbeer gives 1/5 universal for all levels of drunkenness out to "entirely inebriated". Still don't know if this is a bug or a feature. 
  • AFAIK, darkbeer/amberbeer/alcohol no longer add more buff/resistance levels the higher your inebriation. That trait has been reserved solely for Dwarf:

o  Demigod: Trait: Guts of Steel. Dwarves can consume more alcohol before
         suffering the effects of inebriation, their racial resistances increase to
         2/8, scaling up to 8/8 depending on the Dwarf's inebriation levels.

o  Demigod+: Improved Trait: Raging alcoholic. Dwarves gain a 1/8 bonus to all
         damage types, scaling with the Dwarf's inebriation to 5/8.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Does anyone know if there's a way to reload the webclient scripts without actually quitting the game and logging back in again?

Need to trigger onLoad again so that I can update some stuff more easily.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Does anyone have the knighthood weapon spec learning lines? Ie: Bonecrusher, Pureblade, etc.
  • Mrak said:
    1. Is there a help file (or something in game) that describes the various triple junction brews and their effects? 

There is now! HELP TRIPLE JUNCTION BREWS (or HELP <name of brew> will work just as well, e.g. HELP ARGLEBLASTER).

For future reference, if you spot something in need of a helpfile, please post it in this thread. I will see it and be able to sort it much faster that way :)
  • Since I'm digging the game (influencing is pretty awesome and Illuminati is neato), and outside of that I'm interested in combat, I'm looking at spending some money over the summer on the game. Other than the newbie packages (I'll be buying those first obviously), around how many lessons/credits should I budget for if I want to really participate in group combat (the character I'm playing won't be sticking around for a 1v1)? And does the monthly sub option work out better in the long run?
  • edited June 2016
    How much would this list of ikons be worth?

• 26613   Hallifax  common    character     2x a beryl luminox                  
    28820   Air       uncommon  prop          1x the East Wind                    
    53143   Hallifax  uncommon  scene         1x the Transphenortex Grid          
    55869   Hallifax  common    scene         1x the emerald research lab         
    55870   Hallifax  common    character     1x a city administrator             
    55876   Air       uncommon  prop          1x the South Wind                   
    55883   Hallifax  rare      prop          1x the Primary Generator            
    55884   Hallifax  uncommon  prop          2x the Amethyst Generator           
    55988   Hallifax  uncommon  scene         1x the Transdimensional Flux Core   
    57408   Air       common    scene         1x upon an updraft                  
    57409   Hallifax  uncommon  prop          1x the Ruby Generator               
    57438   Hallifax  common    scene         2x the Ascent of Servitude          
    61580   Hallifax  common    character     1x a custodian of order             
    61875   Hallifax  uncommon  scene         1x the Skylark Demiplane            
    61895   Hallifax  common    character     1x a rotund piebald pigeon          
    61898   Hallifax  uncommon  character     1x Fraesic Sunfar, Matrix Keeper    
    61973   Air       common    scene         1x above the endless sky            
    67568   Magnagora uncommon  prop          2x a monument to Nifilhema          
    67569   Air       epic      character     1x Archmage Tyilee Fairquillion     
    67570   Water     common    prop          1x the Raging Eye of the Undersea   
    67571   Glomdorin uncommon  prop          1x the Black Circlet of Crow        
    69912   Magnagora epic      scene         1x the Necropolis                   
    70060   Magnagora common    character     1x a ragged beggar                  
    70779   Magnagora common    character     1x a viscanti nobleman              
    71791   Magnagora uncommon  scene         1x the Theatre of Bloody Threnodies 

Give you 2k gold.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    people wanting the xp buff will buy the epics and rares at probably decent gold. The rest are only worth something to people wanting them in gestalts.

• 2k for all of them or 2k each?
    All of them.
  • Bhiozheth said:
    Since I'm digging the game (influencing is pretty awesome and Illuminati is neato), and outside of that I'm interested in combat, I'm looking at spending some money over the summer on the game. Other than the newbie packages (I'll be buying those first obviously), around how many lessons/credits should I budget for if I want to really participate in group combat (the character I'm playing won't be sticking around for a 1v1)? And does the monthly sub option work out better in the long run?
    This isn't a simple question unfortunately. You can participate meaningfully in group combat with minimal investment really as every little bit does help in a fight. I'm not as up to date on combat right now to say what skills are totally neccasary, but I can let you know a few numbers. To max a skill is about 1700 lessons, which is around 285 credits worth, and depending on your class, you'd probably want to trans your 3 main skills and a few of the common ones.

Personally I do think the subscription does work out well in the long run, after the ramping returns cap out, though that's longer then a single summer. 
  • Oh and have my own question. Somebody told me this before but how do I remove a door in my manse?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    DETACH DOOR <dir>
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Lehki said:
    Bhiozheth said:
    Since I'm digging the game (influencing is pretty awesome and Illuminati is neato), and outside of that I'm interested in combat, I'm looking at spending some money over the summer on the game. Other than the newbie packages (I'll be buying those first obviously), around how many lessons/credits should I budget for if I want to really participate in group combat (the character I'm playing won't be sticking around for a 1v1)? And does the monthly sub option work out better in the long run?
    This isn't a simple question unfortunately. You can participate meaningfully in group combat with minimal investment really as every little bit does help in a fight. I'm not as up to date on combat right now to say what skills are totally neccasary, but I can let you know a few numbers. To max a skill is about 1700 lessons, which is around 285 credits worth, and depending on your class, you'd probably want to trans your 3 main skills and a few of the common ones.

Personally I do think the subscription does work out well in the long run, after the ramping returns cap out, though that's longer then a single summer. 
    You might wanna invest into discernment to get discern, having a beast is pretty good, highmagic/lowmagic up to green or gedulah. And if you wanna invest into influence it would be a great investment especially since it's easier than hunting.
  • edited June 2016
    And also I don't quite think you need to trans all you guild skills especially since some are okay but you should get to a good level in them.
  • Q: If you are standing in your stockroom, do things you are holding still decay?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Versalean said:
    Q: If you are standing in your stockroom, do things you are holding still decay?
    yes, they do. only stuff on the ground of your stockroom, the first 250 items, will not decay ( with a few exceptions ).
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.

• Versalean said:
    Q: If you are standing in your stockroom, do things you are holding still decay?
    Yes. The only things that don't decay are the things on the floor of the stockroom. Stuff in containers etc. are not included. Also, there's only a limited amount of stockroom (I believe it starts at 250, and can be increased up to 1000).
  • Lehki said:
    Bhiozheth said:

100 bucks a skill is atrocious. Glad I asked, and thanks for being honest.
  • There's a lot of free extra lessons that you get when converting credits at first. It's been so long though that I don't remember how many you get out of that.
  • edited June 2016
    IIRC, it caps at 2000 lessons (?). You get 2.5 extra lessons per credit, unless things have changed since I last checked.

EDIT: CREDIT REPORT should show it (I think that was the command anyway)