Simple questions?

Comments

• I bet Zvoltz is a griefer.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited July 2016
    In the Goblin language, he is known as the Oncoming Storm. To the Eledhel he is the Stormfather. To this one little girl in Krondor, he is 'Teddy'.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Luce said:
    In the Goblin language, he is known as the Oncoming Storm. To the Eledhel he is the Stormfather. To this one little girl in Kondor, he is 'Teddy'.
    It has been a very, very long time since I read the books and I never really played the game, but isn't it "Krondor"?
  • It is.
  • What effect does racial knighthood spec affinity have now?
  • Is it intentional that one can get trapped in the spaceship on Mucklemarsh? This happened without any warning, and I had to ascend out (fortunately someone was around with a Bubblix to get me back to my ship). Note that this happened without the warning announcements, which I got after I was already trapped.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yes and no - there are some trash chutes you can use to get out of the ship

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I definitely had access to some kind of trash chute, but it was a single room that only seemed to have an exit back to the area I had been trapped in before. Was there simply some syntax I was missing?
  • VenVen
    edited July 2016
    Yikes, I'm dumb. Moved to the appropriate section.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Anyone have the complete braveheart yet? Whats the message look like.
  • Hopefully a simple question...

I wanna use lightning magic! Zap zap spells! What class/guild should I pick to have the most of that? Is a Serenwilde druid okay?
  • edited July 2016
    Serenwilde druids have storms in their demesne and shoot lightning bugs from the tip of their cudgel. 
    There's also the aeromancers who throw bolts of lightning about!

Eventually everyone can learn how to throw a bolt of lightning when they become a demigod!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited July 2016
    Jiggers said:
    Hopefully a simple question...

I wanna use lightning magic! Zap zap spells! What class/guild should I pick to have the most of that? Is a Serenwilde druid okay?
    A fellow lightning magic lover! No two ways about it: the Aeromancers in Hallifax are the place to be if lightning is what you're after. Hallifax even has a Divine, Zvoltz, who is basically just lightning. I mean, look at his name - it's "volt" surrounded by two lightning bolts. How much more zappy could one even get?  ;)
  • Jiggers said:
    Hopefully a simple question...

Druids have a meld effect which creates a mini-storm. Hartstone druids, specifically, have an alternative to their basic attack that deals deal electric damage instead by summoning lightning bugs. If you pick up Shamanism as your tertiary you can also attack people with lightning in certain locations.

Alternatively, you might want to look at Aeromancy/Aerochemantics. Both are themed around the element of air, which includes things like storms and lightning. Almost all of Aerochemantics makes use of electricity in a partially high fantasy magical, partially futuristic sci-fi engineered way, including making catalysts that set off electrical bombs and a beam generator that is basically an electrical beam gun. Aeromancy is more "traditional" magic, with lightning based staff casts and use of clouds/winds/storms etc in most of their meld effects.
  • edited July 2016
    Cor, that was fast and helpful! Mini-storms sound neat, but Aeromancy sounds neater... I just hope I can still hang out with my friend, who started in Serenwilde a few days ago. My questions from here on out are likely to get real complicated, so I just need to bunker down and read the lore... or dive in and try to work it out as I go. Thanks for the answers!
  • Is there any other way to test other classes in the arena?
  • Just like how warriors can be used in the arena.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    No
  • That sucks.
  • edited July 2016
    Jiggers said:
    Cor, that was fast and helpful! Mini-storms sound neat, but Aeromancy sounds neater... I just hope I can still hang out with my friend, who started in Serenwilde a few days ago. My questions from here on out are likely to get real complicated, so I just need to bunker down and read the lore... or dive in and try to work it out as I go. Thanks for the answers!
    Pyromancers use lightning!

Okay so technically they use fire, but fire benders in Avatar use lightning as part of firebending so really it's just about how you look at it. 

Also Hallifax loves science, but what they won't tell you is that science has proven Fire is more awesome than lightning. 
  • Why's everyone's picture a Pokemon?
  • Rolsand said:
    Why's everyone's picture a Pokemon?
    My picture was a Pokemon before it was cool!  :-B

Someone people changed it for the Pokemon mafia, other people changed it because they saw people changing it and liked the idea.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Rolsand said:
    Why's everyone's picture a Pokemon?
    the Tremula Factor (totally stealing credit)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Is HELP CURELIST accurate? I am trying to learn the cures to afflictions, but purity wafers aren't listed there.
  • edited July 2016
    I believe there's a couple of herbs and curative that aren't being used anymore.
  • Rather than using HELP CURELIST, you'll want to use CURES LIST and CURES INFO <cure>, in conjunction with AFFS LIST and AFFS INFO <aff>. Those are updated for the overhauled affs and cures.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • That is very helpful, thank you! 
  • Ok, another question! I was killing weevils today and wanted to try crowform, but my nest disappeared and the room name changed. A little bit later, I was unable to pick up gold. What makes these happen?

• edited July 2016
    When you're mounted, you cannot pick up items on the ground unless you have advanced skills training.  For a relatively easy solution with regards to corpses and coins, get yourself acquisitio and avaricehorn enchantments.

Also, being up in the trees means you're in the same room but at a different elevation.  For many things, this is effectively the same as being in a different room.