Simple Ideas

Comments

• YES PLEASE to the combining the candies.

Or better, would like to be able to sell them in shops.  By individual piece.  From the shop rift.

ii candy
    more
    more
    more
    Number of matching objects: 708 (out of 813 total)

I'm tempted to eat them all just to get them out of my inventory, but I hate to waste potential value.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    DOLLHOUSE LIST *searchstring*.
    Lets you filter the contents of your dollhouse, instead of displaying all of them at once.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 2016
    I would like to see a DRAW RANDOM command added for the tarot skillset, each time you use it, it pulls a random card from your deck rift. Would add a bit of RP flavour to the skillset, allowing players to do tarot readings >_>
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Asked before, I'm asking again!! Can tailoring bows (the curios) please have the main noun added of their colour or at the very least collection.

IE:

It has the following aliases: bow.

make it 

It has the following aliases: bow, seafoam, greenbows.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. 

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Can we please have an improved interface to alchemy? It's the single most obnoxious thing to mass produce. Not only does it produce frequent fallouts to things ( which is fine, I guess ), require power ( which is fine, too ! ), it also has one of the most complicated interfaces of all the crafting things. I think these steps:

- flush alembic
    - x times add herb
    - amalgamate (+ manage powerstone capacity )
    - fill keg from sprout

should be at most 2. Possibly I would think 'amalgamate ( with enough stuff in inventory ) + fill keg.

I just feel it's a little overcomplicated for something you are likely going to massproduce.

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Can org councils and ambassadors have a priv that lets them see what archetype is active on anyone who has a skillset of that particular org active? This would let you check folks in your own org's skillsets and let you know if people outside your org are using your org-specific skills or not. 

SKILLCHECK ESTARRA
    ;
    Estarra has no active Serenwilde Skills!

SKILLCHECK ROARK
    ;
    Roark has Shofangi skills active! 

etc. etc. 

This wouldn't tell you what people who don't have your org's skills active do have active. It'd either return the org skill if they have one or a "no skills from your org active" message, as above. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That's pretty metagamey. If you don't see them use the skills in action, I don't see that it's anyone's business. If they have a skillset from your org and are using it against you, remove their skillflex perms and hunt them down until they drop the skills.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    (there's a command to show you who has classflexing perms)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's no more 'metagamey' than being able to peek at the skills, score, and inventory of your guild members. 

There is a list to see who has classflexing perms... if you are in that guild and they are classflexing. The point is to verify that people who were in your org who leave have deactivated their org skillsets, which otherwise don't deactivate (right?).
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Can an automated message be sent to whoever is in the designedby field when a design is approved/rejected?

Also, can we have a Trademasters channel similar to Envoys or the Trademaster board for quick questions/discussions?

• Luce said:
    Can an automated message be sent to whoever is in the designedby field when a design is approved/rejected?

Also, can we have a Trademasters channel similar to Envoys or the Trademaster board for quick questions/discussions?
    It already is, I think. They might need to config designermessages or whatever the config is though.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I thought that just went to the TM in question.
  • yeah, CONFIG DESIGNMESSAGES will let the designer know if their stuff was rejected or approved.

Though it's worth noting that it only sends an actual message if you're offline. Otherwise you just get a line in feed, which is really easy to miss. I ended up triggering that line to send myself a message if I'm online and a design is approved/rejected.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Nope. Whenever I have Portius put through a forging design, he adds me as the 'designedby' to not only give me credit for the design but so that I can pester him endlessly when it's rejected and know when it's approved.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Well I have something I need to do on my break then.
  • @Iomhar: There's actually an envoy report (REPORT 1508) this month looking at changing campfire for the overhaul. I've linked to your idea in the report comments since I think it's pretty fitting.
  • I realize it may take you out of the immersion a bit (maybe it could be a CONFIG option?) but it'd be nice if there were a way to see if a quest has been flagged/reported by a certain number of players as being currently broken, so that you don't spend half your afternoon working on something only to run into a seemingly impossible obstacle.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Can we get that second toolbar when making forums posts, PLEASE?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• On one hand, the change to forums means it's actually much easier to post from mobile. But on the other hand, it means posting from anywhere else is more of a hassle.

Middle ground, where you be.
    See you in Sapience.
  • I just got randomly gifted a manse by someone who retired. It's massive. (Uh, thanks person?)

It's be super nice if while you're in the Fulcrux you could do manse list upgrades and it would show what's in the manse. There's a version of this that's for when you're standing in a room.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Add 'contrivance' or such to all transplanar contrivances, please? Would help when it comes time to reorganize inventory again.

• edited August 2016
    Could we get a message when artifacts do reset to their owner, please?

It will help with keeping track of things as the reset timers are never obvious and do appear random.

Edit: Grammar failed me.
  • It would be very helpful to include the needed commodities amount in new patterns, eg:

Item: Boots Type: Shoes Org: Bobscartel
    Commodities: [6 commodities minimum]
    Mortal Reviews: Allowed
    Layer: NORMAL Bodyparts: ankles, feet, toes
  • edited August 2016
    I'm all for anything to make designs easier, but there is DESIGN COMMS (trade) which lists the minimum commodities needed. You can even do it on trades you don't use or TM for, which is nice. Designs for everybody!
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Ah, I just figured it would save a few commands when creating something.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You will get a warning on the design if you try and use less than the minimum! Most base patterns I've found already have the base comms in the design, if they don't perhaps that would be a handy thing to include, @Charites? Or update?