Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tridemon said:
    The old skinrot was caused by infected chocolate bunnies. Where does chocolate come from? The jungle. Obviously, we need to go all Inquisition on the Gnafia and figure out just WHERE they got their materials.
    What has representations in the Aether? Moon, Night, and the Tree of Trees. What's equivalent to Moon, you ask? Sun! Therefore according to the Transitive Property of Narrative Causality, Sun is somewhere in the Aether we haven't been. Know who else has been somewhere in the Aether we haven't been? Gnafia. Gnafia gnomes discovered the bubble & became corrupted, and as the gnew migniogns of Father Sugn, they set out to spread chaos and misignformatiogn. How, you might ask? By spreading the Jojobo druids' taignted chocolate bugnnies. Illumignati conf-wait a sec...
  • Serenwilde does attract players, though. Right now they're even the highest in cultural activity.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Tridemon said:
    Kiradawea said:
    I loathed the old skinrot event, but I enjoy this new event a lot more, mostly because it uses a vector that makes a whole lot more sense. Mosquitos as carriers of a dangerous and lethal disease is an interesting vector. Furthermore, we're engaging our actual healers in this event to try and find the cure, instead of being forced to sit and twiddle our thumbs, waiting for a magic space washing machine that for some reason manages to magically scrub the entire epidermis which somehow translates to curing a disease that causes calcification of phlegm and internal organs...

My point is, there should be room for dangerous diseases to exist in the game if done well, and so far the disease has been done well. And in those instances of dangerous disease they can and should dictate in-game behaviour to some extent. Life gave you lemons, let us see what kind of lemonade you make with em.

However, I really hope that the event is going to tie in to the stonerot of yore somehow. Otherwise I think it'd be a lot smarter to make the disease a proper malaria to avoid negative associations with old events.
    The old skinrot was caused by infected chocolate bunnies. Where does chocolate come from? The jungle. Obviously, we need to go all Inquisition on the Gnafia and figure out just WHERE they got their materials.
    Actually, the original vector for skinrot was apparently some weird stone in Cankermore. The chocobuns were just the vectors the Gnafia chose because... they're GNAFIA!
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    TIL Luce was Subotai.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    We are all part of the Shaddus Collective.
  • Maligorn said:
    You're all right in the idea that Athar'rt Observatory is a recent Actual Consequence that happened because Sun blew it up. But even that is hard to care about because they didn't -officially- affiliate with Hallifax AND by and large, none of us in Halli knew that it was even in any danger because the scripted sun rays hitting areas weren't including Athar'rt (or I'm blind). So because of admin error, it's hard to feel culpability there too.

Actually, the sun rays hitting the areas WERE including Arthar'rt. Further, I recall at least a pair of players venturing there and killing coronuli/embaruli/nimbuli/hunters while there too. No admin error there.

Despite their being no "formal" affiliation between Arthar'rt and Hallifax, it was chosen precisely because it carried a semblance of historical tie that could have merited protection. 
  • I made a quick trigger to combine my candies and they combined themselves into nothing. Poof, packs and packs of wax lips gone!
  • Funny thing is not even a month ago, before the MKO people joined, Glom was even more dead than Kilee is trying to make Mag out to be.
  • If we delete glom I'll have to go to Hallifax,  that would just be sad.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited August 2016
    We do have tea and intrigue. Inteague, if you will.
  • Falmiis said:
    Funny thing is not even a month ago, before the MKO people joined, Glom was even more dead than Kilee is trying to make Mag out to be.
    Not really, even before the MKO people I was seeing about 8 people during peak. 5 of them people that Did Stuff
    Your numbers today are:
  • Kilee said:
    Falmiis said:
    Funny thing is not even a month ago, before the MKO people joined, Glom was even more dead than Kilee is trying to make Mag out to be.
    Not really, even before the MKO people I was seeing about 8 people during peak. 5 of them people that Did Stuff
    Is that why I kept hearing complaints from Gloms, including yourself, about Glom being dead?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited August 2016
    Hoaracle said:
    Maligorn said:
    You're all right in the idea that Athar'rt Observatory is a recent Actual Consequence that happened because Sun blew it up. But even that is hard to care about because they didn't -officially- affiliate with Hallifax AND by and large, none of us in Halli knew that it was even in any danger because the scripted sun rays hitting areas weren't including Athar'rt (or I'm blind). So because of admin error, it's hard to feel culpability there too.

Actually, the sun rays hitting the areas WERE including Arthar'rt. Further, I recall at least a pair of players venturing there and killing coronuli/embaruli/nimbuli/hunters while there too. No admin error there.

Despite their being no "formal" affiliation between Arthar'rt and Hallifax, it was chosen precisely because it carried a semblance of historical tie that could have merited protection. 
    I wish I had logs, because -someone- would've spoken up on CT or even the OOC CLT about Athar'rt getting hit...and we have Pejat and Falmiis, who are gold hoarders that could've -easily- had a stelae built. I promise that we wouldn't have just written it off without actually saying "eh, screw them for not being a part of us officially". It was just kinda like "oh wow, Athar'rt got nuked". And -then- we were like "screw them" after the fact.

EDIT: Further inquiries tells me that about 3 Hallis knew about it but never spoke up. Whatever, I guess =/

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Glom is one of those orgs that gets very quiet during the US summer. It is and has been since I joined it, far from dead. Quiet at times? Yes. Very very empty during my evening/ Seren/Halli favourite raiding time? Yes. But not dead.

• Maligorn said:
    Hoaracle said:
    Maligorn said:

I wish I had logs, because -someone- would've spoken up on CT or even the OOC CLT about Athar'rt getting hit...and we have Pejat and Falmiis, who are gold hoarders that could've -easily- had a stelae built. I promise that we wouldn't have just written it off without actually saying "eh, screw them for not being a part of us officially". It was just kinda like "oh wow, Athar'rt got nuked".
    Actually Falmiis wouldn't have paid since 1) he doesn't trust the Dawnbursts and 2) he couldn't care less about Arthar'rt. I think I noticed Ushaara and Ino in Arthar'rt presumably killing the fae but they didn't mention it to anyone as far as I know and I/my character didn't care enough to check if it was alright.
    Lavinya said:
    Glom is one of those orgs that gets very quiet during the US summer. It is and has been since I joined it, far from dead. Quiet at times? Yes. Very very empty during my evening/ Seren/Halli favourite raiding time? Yes. But not dead.
    I'm just comparing it to the current state of Mag since Kilee brought it up. All orgs have their ups and downs. Halli was "dead" for a couple of months following ascension, too.
  • I don't say dead, I say unmotivated.
    Your numbers today are:
  • Kilee said:
    But yes, mag can go. It's been pretty much dead since I played there with the exception of like two RPers and two combatants it currently has
    ????
  • Actually a few months ago Magnagora was flourishing with most of WHO being Magnagorans most of the time and constantly topping cultural activity.
  • edited August 2016
    Magnagora is still active.
  • Falmiis said:
    Kilee said:
    Falmiis said:
    Is that why I kept hearing complaints from Gloms, including yourself, about Glom being dead?

Kilee said:
    I don't say dead, I say unmotivated.

Look I bolded and italicized mine, don't miss it this time
    Your numbers today are:
  • Kilee said:
    Falmiis said:
    Kilee said:
    Falmiis said:

Kilee said:
    I don't say dead, I say unmotivated.

Look I bolded and italicized mine, don't miss it this time
    Perhaps you're thinking of the periods where there are not a lot of people around. But I would say neither. The summer slump is nearly over.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Btw I'm not sure how giving people a -13/-13 malus to all regens is supposed to be fun.
  • Daraius said:
    I made a gross skinrot desc so I've made peace with Dar's loss of Gary Stu status
    I did the same! I kinda enjoy events changing my character!
  • Becoming suddenly ill at ease, an aggravated dwarven commuter says, "I hope Sako comes soon, this jungle business makes me nervous."

I hope this wasn't someone playing with me because I am one, slightly buzzed still, and two influenced him away. >.>

Slightly buzzed Dylara's player makes weird decisions.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• They will give us Sako when they figure out how to nerf him just enough to make a profit but not so much that people cry for longer than a week.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    What was Sako doing that needed a nerf..?
  • Giving us free curios.
  • Giving us free curios.
    It's not like the quests were particularly easy, though. Running around to various parts, then waiting ages for him to show up.
This discussion has been closed.