Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited August 2016
    If you feel you're suddenly "one-shotted" it's more likely that you have untreated recklessness. Also, the mosquitos are aggressive if you enter the room with them, though they don't have any hindering afflictions that I've noticed, and grubs aren't aggro, so it should be possible to avoid the fighting of the event if you don't wish to participate.

EDIT: Recklessness is an affliction that causes all vital stats to show up as if they're at max. It can be very dangerous if left untreated.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Events shouldn't cater to lowbies, as most of the population is largely not lowbies. If you make it easy for lowbies, highly artied ascendants will just crap all over it without trying. Lowbies is a temporary thing, highbie is permanent. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lifesteal as an NPC mechanic needs an overhaul, yes.  Every time an NPC lifesteals its max health should be capped at a percentage, so it can't do it more than x times (for example, if you cap it at 10%, the first time it lifesteals it can restore up to 90% of its max health, the second time up to 80%, third up to 70%, etc-- if it's above that total already, the lifesteal does nothing).

Could be a harsher gradient too, but it's one of those things where if you get unlucky and it gets a lucky streak it can just live forever.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2016
    I just hate the skinrot plague (both editions) and the trollish ways the admin try to make sure everyone gets it. Aren't the mobs and path-blocking trees enough of an annoyance?  :'(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Dear Admin:

Fetid flakes of flesh fall from your body releasing a rotting smell made worse by the sweltering <br>heat.<br>5880h, 8670m, 6345e, 10p, 24580en, 24580w Belrx-<br>def<br>You have the following defences active:<br>You are under a Lesser Blessing of the Domotheos of Beauty.<br>You are under a Major Blessing of the Domotheos of Beauty.<br>You have a potent gestalt composed of three ikons.<br>Your fighting stance is defending your legs.<br>You are protected by 4 defences.<br>5880h, 8670m, 6345e, 10p, 24580en, 24580w Blrx-<br>diag<br>You are:<br>You have 0 afflictions.<br>5880h, 8670m, 6345e, 10p, 24580en, 24580w Blrx-<br>

Stop lying.

• Daraius said:
    I just hate the skinrot plague (both editions) and the trollish ways the admin try to make sure everyone gets it. Aren't the mobs and path-blocking trees enough of an annoyance?  :'(
    There isn't any plan by the admin to actively give everyone skinrot. We are letting things run its course and following player direction. I am sorry that you think we are trying to troll you (and other players) in any way. 
    First let me say I'm not -actually- mad, because this is a game and I like to think I have a healthy enough perspective on it. I'm not losing any sleep over my pretendytime dog man becoming a gross rock monster. But gimme a break dude. Last time around the admin had the one Hallifaxian mob that literally everyone in the city would obey call everyone into the same room. This time you made it spread through daily quest mobs and deactivated the old methods to cure it. Yer a bunch of trolls and you know it. :D
    I used to make cakes.

• ... we didn't make it spread through the daily quest mobs. It is only passed via mosquitoes (or players). 
    edited August 2016
    Oh sorry, my mistake. I retract half of my statement then.
    I used to make cakes.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @Luce it shows up in bodyscan resistances initially as a cutting and blunt resistance. After a bit it will show up on diag.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I feel like if you log into a character for the first time in a while, and someone who is an active player accidently gives you skin rot, the last thing you need to do is comment that if you had curatives, you'd kill them because you know your org's laws and can get away with it. You need to QQ and chill for a while.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    If I were in that same org, I'd have some nice PK at their expense.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    If someone woke up and received the literal plague and didn't threaten the person who gave it to them, I'd question their sanity. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ooh. Ooh ooh. Shaddus alts ahoy. 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Vivet said:
    Shaddus said:
    I feel like if you log into a character for the first time in a while, and someone who is an active player accidently gives you skin rot, the last thing you need to do is comment that if you had curatives, you'd kill them because you know your org's laws and can get away with it. You need to QQ and chill for a while.
    u wot m8

il fite u 1v1 cheeky bugger

U wot m8

il wrek u m8 360 qwikscope
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Well, intrusive events are both the worst, and the best, part of IRE events. On the one hand, they really can be intrusive, if not by admin design, then by lore-dictated reactions, and no one is a stranger to drama born from events that they had literally zero wish to be involved in. On the other hand, it lasts for a month or two at the most, and it really is not possible to do such cool stuff in other big multi-player games. Or at least, not with such depth and personalised interaction as such IRE events promise.

I mean, sure, the burning legion event (what is it, the third time they've crashed into Azeroth? Aren't they sick of that place yet?) is intrusive and big scale, but really, you're not going to get a star-crossed demon-nightelf love story developing spontaneously on the sidelines between a GM controlled NPC and a player. In Lusternia? That's actually well within the bounds of possibility.

Just tough it out for a month. Things'll be back to normal soon enough. In the meantime, cradle-robbing.. I mean, consoling newbies who having no idea what is going on and why they're dying over and over to a mosquito on the road can be a distraction if you don't want to participate in the actual event.

• I am having lots of fun with the event! Lots of potential to make my fairly blank-slate character develop. Been enjoying emoting about my skin falling off and whatnot. Only thing that annoys me are the people sitting around giggling and smiling - like, sure, I know mechanically/OOC that I'll be fine, but it's still fun to RP out some gravity and I end up feeling derpy if I'm the only one around who is responding to the plague...
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited August 2016
    Part of the issue with world-dooming events is A. everyone knows things'll be fine in the end and B. you can't really get hung up on that. If I had Maligorn sit out IG months of PvP recovering from PTSD because he got sacrificed to the Demon Lords and had his heart eaten, it just wouldn't be fun.

There are a few times when things -aren't- fine in the end and it just ends up turning away players. Eventru effectively died, as did Elostian; there are other instances of Actual Consequences but they aren't too common.

• Belated, plotting the destruction of @falmiis for infecting me at a resurgem :tongue:
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tip: If avoiding plague, do not summon the infected to your room.
  • edited August 2016
    Show of hands, who here is waiting for @Estarra to suddenly yell 'Jumanji!'?
  • I support releasing Kethuru and seeing what happens. I will happily mock the puny mortals from the Ascendant room. 
  • edited August 2016
    Xenthos said:
    Tip: If avoiding plague, do not summon the infected to your room.
    Wasn't the target, was just standing at mother for some reason
  • Also, world changing events are awesome. Look how they've reshaped other games like Achaea. Sure, they can be hard and frustrating, but the long term health of the game often benefits from mass God extinction or dropping an org into the ocean and telling them to rebuild. 
  • Zvoltz said:
    Maligorn said:
    Part of the issue with world-dooming events is A. everyone knows things'll be fine in the end and B. you can't really get hung up on that. If I had Maligorn sit out IG months of PvP recovering from PTSD because he got sacrificed to the Demon Lords and had his heart eaten, it just wouldn't be fun.

There are a few times when things -aren't- fine in the end and it just ends up turning away players. Eventru effectively died, as did Elostian; there are other instances of Actual Consequences but they aren't too common.
    Are you really sure things are going to be fine though? We have had actual discussions about what we would do if Kethuru won in Ascension or what areas we could completely blow up forever or destroy and recreate anew. I've been quietly hopeful that Estarra will one day approve my plan to destroy Hallifax and Gaudiguch so we can lower our org count and reduce population spread. 

I don't expect people to RP months of PTSD because of traumatic world changing events but there is really no reason for players or characters to think that everything is going to be just fine in the end. Unless your definition of just fine is that the severs are on and you can log in, in which case I guess that is a safe bet. 

The issue for me is that, well... Saran has been through ten ascensions and what... two plagues?, Arix and I were talking to someone IC yesterday who was a bit but for us it's kinda routine now. It'd be different if the world wasn't ending every x ig years, but it is and it'd probably be more disconcerting to our characters if it wasn't happening.
    It's probably not helped that because it's tied to the Ascension mechanics it always winds up with the seals weakening and someone needing to ascend. Like the events are amazing don't get me wrong, but like... maybe one year it just doesn't end with the standard ascension? Maybe there's something else, or maybe the ascension happens differently.

It just feels like being surprised that Sydney put fireworks on the harbour bridge for NYE again this year or that they're playing the snatch game this season on RuPaul's.
This discussion has been closed.