Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Celina promised untimely demise, but Arix delivered
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I won't lie, the cult bribe is preeeetttty tempting

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Well...Synkarin was Halli before Gaudi. As long as he continues to back track and eventually ends up in Glom I guess it's okay.
    Your numbers today are:
  • I want child support.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zvoltz said:
    Synkarin said:
    I'd fight with North people. I just need a good reason to screw over my side. 

People don't remember this, but I was willing to backstab Magnagora instantly to further our goals (which was get Celina TA) and they chose to let us have it. So no backstabbing occurred.
    I've got a cult with your name on it.
    You better ask Nocht how that went last time.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Tylwyth said:
    Rolsand said:
    Is the bounty still up?
    No, if that wasn't clear, he took it down once she forgot crowskill.  We technically can't tell if she has  crow unless we see it.  So, she needs to either keep it in a stable or kill it, to avoid future problems. Though if you learn like 20 or more Beastmastery you can trade him to a glommy.   
    She can't trade her crow.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    You find it difficult to put on a silver necklace featuring the Opal Sphere of Symmetrical Accord
    while wearing an airy cloak of the winds.

Come again?
  • Luce said:
    You find it difficult to put on a silver necklace featuring the Opal Sphere of Symmetrical Accord
    while wearing an airy cloak of the winds.

Come again?
    You have to take off the cloak to put on a necklace.  Some stuff is like that. 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Wait, did Falmiis pull a Morbo? I haven't had time lately at all to be on. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited August 2016
    @Zvoltz said:

I've got a cult with your name on it.
    So, uh...is this an open invitation? Asking for a friend.

• Fetid flakes of flesh fall from your body releasing a rotting smell made worse by the sweltering heat.

What. Am I plagued. Noooo.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne

Silvanus said:
    Think he was just messing around; the two domoths in question fluxed.

• Fetid flakes of flesh fall from your body releasing a rotting smell made worse by
    the sweltering heat.

Meshwork of plants.
    A blizzard rages through the locale.

You forecast that:
    A gale is in full force here, threatening to blow away anything not firmly rooted.
    Hundreds upon hundreds of thick white snowflakes are falling from the heavens.
    It is rather chilly.

Make up your mind, Lusternia!
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Maligorn said:

Silvanus said:
    Think he was just messing around; the two domoths in question fluxed.
    It was actually a joke suggested by Shedrin because Death had 1 hour left before dropping completely and we knew that they were fluxing today anyway. It ended up being a test to see what would happen if a domoth is supposed to drop while it is being absolved. It turns out it just stays at 0 days. We wanted to see what would have happened once the absolved timer ran out, but the flux happened before we could :(
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    How am I supposed to be a dignified demigoddess Queen when I am coughing up phlegm and my skin is flaking off. I hate when events do this.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    How am I supposed to be properly wooed when my only suitor has the freaking plague?
    Rancoura said:
    How am I supposed to be a dignified demigoddess Queen when I am coughing up phlegm and my skin is flaking off. I hate when events do this.
    Sequester yourself in a manse and direct your peons from afar. Duh.
  • edited August 2016
    Rancoura said:
    @Rancoura That's okay, we can bond over the experience!
  • Rancoura said:
    Dylara is playing it off as undignified and that we should be better at spreading diseases as followers of Crow than stupid insects. girl says no no emoticon

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• This event is royally hindering the daily bards/scholars/pilgrims achievement. :'(
    See you in Sapience.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think someone's running a Culture contest to boot, because the last couple days that I've tried to gather bards and scholars, the mountains were picked clean.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Talan said:
    I really have turned into a meemaw. My female protege comes home saying, "I got a tattoo on my chest from some guy I met at the aetherplex!" And my first thoughts are, "Who is this wyrden lout seducing my innocent Minstrels!?"

By this time next year she'll be wearing black and purple and dating a Harbinger, I'm sure of it. Woe.
    Remember your roots, lady! After all, you turned out alright :tongue:

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I love this event. This is entirely well done, and just absolutely beautiful. Thank you admin!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • On the flip side, while the flavour of the event is amazing, the mechanics of the event are really, really frustrating. Events are not for everyone. Some people love them and will try to do anything to get involved and get that coveted "event post mention" while others just like to go about minding their own business. This event is very intrusive, to the point where people are almost forced to take part if not because of the skin rot, because of all of the aggressive mobs in places so frequently traveled. I mentioned this way back when I was still a newbie in the False Gods event - it really sucks as a newbie when you can't go out there and explore the world without fear of dying the moment you stepped out of your city. "Fetch quests" are just not very fun for most people and this only makes the forced nature of the event so much more frustrating.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    What are you sunzombies fetching?
  • Talan said:
    I really have turned into a meemaw. My female protege comes home saying, "I got a tattoo on my chest from some guy I met at the aetherplex!" And my first thoughts are, "Who is this wyrden lout seducing my innocent Minstrels!?"

By this time next year she'll be wearing black and purple and dating a Harbinger, I'm sure of it. Woe.
    Gaudiguch Minstrels.
    Innocent.

I've played a Gaudi @Talan you won't fool me!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    What's more frustrating is no quarantining your sick. People getting infected in the aetherplex right as soon as they log on and someone just *happens* to cough phlegm on them right then is enough to qq out if you remember the original plague. 

I am considering letting that character stay infected to punish aetherplex lurkers, though. Would be pretty hilarious.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Seconding what @Falmiis said. Even at level 84, theres the odd mob out there that I'd never seen before this event thats one shotting which irkes me a little. Then theres the fact that mosquitos heal themselves off you, quite a bit. This makes no difference to end gamers with high crit, but I hit a mosquito yesterday with divinus whip + lvl2 divinus damage over 100 times (I counted, got to 99, hit it a few more times, then just went to the nexus and QQ'd).
    While theres more to this event than beating on the mobs, its still not very midbie/lowbie friendly.

Other than that, I'm very impressed with the general idea of the event and look forward to more Lusternia events.
This discussion has been closed.