Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• I'm not disagreeing at all! But they have been incredibly neglectful in that he has been out of action for irl months and I know I'm not the first one to say something about it.

But I am sure I am just not appreciating how time consuming it is to fix a bug in a quest, and that my statement is just not true at all, there are very real reasons why Sako is missing. Can't wait to see him returned as he once was, no changes at all made. :)
  • I was going to log in. But the skin rot...I don't even have a description so I guess I could log in and be a yeti zombie :3
  • edited August 2016

Edit: Oops, wrong thread.

• edited August 2016
    Falmiis said:
    Kilee said:
    Falmiis said:
    Funny thing is not even a month ago, before the MKO people joined, Glom was even more dead than Kilee is trying to make Mag out to be.
    Not really, even before the MKO people I was seeing about 8 people during peak. 5 of them people that Did Stuff
    Is that why I kept hearing complaints from Gloms, including yourself, about Glom being dead?

-------------------------

EDIT: I dont get how this quote thing on the forums work :( theres no [/quote] thingys and when I hit enter at the bottom it just expands his quote and it just puts my text in fallys quote :/

The ebonguard was pretty dead until the mko'ers came over, it was basically just me xenthos and nars. The blacktalon seemed pretty buzzing almost all the time though.  I wouldn't have stuck Lusternia this long if the Glomdoring was as dead as some people made it out to be. I dont mind it being quiet at off peak times but well if there was no one around I would have been playing elsewhere.

Glom may not have been the busyiest around but it had enough to keep a newbie interested and then now with the mko influx its even better.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Stepped out of my manse to trade a curio piece and instantly coughed phlegm into the face of the person who was not only making the trade, but who worked on the cure. Awkward.

•  I generally refrain from event criticisms, but in the future, can we make the plague curer neutral please. Something that doesn't involve enemy territory that can be distorted and constantly hunted out, or begging an org large amounts of people are enemied to to convert essence. 

Halli has been very nice about it, but they could've been very not.

It seems to me that this event has been pretty open ended, and because of the work of some specific people, we got the cure we did. I'm guessing, if others were to push towards their own cure, they could have their own alternative.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot

Halli has been very nice about it
    That's because we're the good guys. :smiley:
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Shedrin said:
     I generally refrain from event criticisms, but in the future, can we make the plague curer neutral please. Something that doesn't involve enemy territory that can be distorted and constantly hunted out, or begging an org large amounts of people are enemied to to convert essence. 

It seems to me that this event has been pretty open ended, and because of the work of some specific people, we got the cure we did. I'm guessing, if others were to push towards their own cure, they could have their own alternative.
    I'd be interested to know what other leads there were and if they got any traction. 
    The way the event post reads, it kinda sounds like any denizen doctor or healer could have done the trick, but Tamashi was just gung-ho about working with Doctor Creshok.
    I used to make cakes.

• edited August 2016
    We have to go to halli to get cured? :( I don't even know how to talk to halli folk. Do I offer them tea and crumpets and hope they'll tell me what to do? 

I'm an enemy, would they accept my offering or would it be thrown away? :(

Edit: like if this is the case,  could it seriously not have been in neutral territory? My interactions with halli ig has been extremely negative lately, I like the folks on am ooc level but it's very crappy to have to beg for the cure. (I do understand it'll likely be given but that means I need to talk to people :( )

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited August 2016
    Shedrin said:
     I generally refrain from event criticisms, but in the future, can we make the plague curer neutral please. Something that doesn't involve enemy territory that can be distorted and constantly hunted out, or begging an org large amounts of people are enemied to to convert essence. 

There was a lot of work done by a fair few gloms, not me, who were looking into the natural ways to cure it and resist it but basically nothing happened and there wasnt any feedback on it.

EDIT: I'm guessing it was either a case of it didn't fit the script of the event or not enough divine attention to try more than one way of curing it.
    Dylara said:
    We have to go to halli to get cured? :( I don't even know how to talk to halli folk. Do I offer them tea and crumpets and hope they'll tell me what to do? 

1. Not necessarily, the machine's on Avechna's peak and folks are periodically activating it and announcing it on market.

2. Yes, tea is usually the way to go if you do have to appease a Halli. There are some deviants who are unaffected though.

3. The Collective grants succor even to its enemies. Remember the beneficence of the Beacon of Harmony.
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Dylara said:

1. Not necessarily, the machine's on Avechna's peak and folks are periodically activating it and announcing it on market.

2. Yes, tea is usually the way to go if you do have to appease a Halli. There are some deviants who are unaffected though.

3. The Collective grants succor even to its enemies. Remember the beneficence of the Beacon of Harmony.
    See my edit. I'm still annoyed it requires cloud essence to do it. I'm about to head to work so have to wait until later to get cured, and hope folk are still doing it later.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Lavinya said:
    Fellow Gloms - remember the Xynthin event and how 90% of stuff was happening inside Glom, and you closed borders and enemies couldn't follow along with the story let alone participate at the best of times? Now you are getting the tiniest glimpse of what it was like. 

Buck up, kiddos. There is no issue, just wait for one of the regular announcements on market and get cured without needing to speak to anyone!
    I did miss this event, and I still think doing that is silly and likely would have spoken against it being closed borders if they were required to do something like this.

I've already said IG I've (basically) had a kneejerk reaction, so my ranting is just that, ranting (or tweeting, whatever).

• edited August 2016
    Lavinya said:
    Fellow Gloms - remember the Xynthin event and how 90% of stuff was happening inside Glom, and you closed borders and enemies couldn't follow along with the story let alone participate at the best of times? Now you are getting the tiniest glimpse of what it was like. 

Buck up, kiddos. There is no issue, just wait for one of the regular announcements on market and get cured without needing to speak to anyone!
    Well that's not really what it's about. I don't care where the story is centered, if Halli did the work, good for them. In the future, if there is a disease that can cause detrimental health effects, it needs to be universally available. Not locked behind essence from one org's specific plane. 

It's not about the storyline! It's a minor thing this time, Halli is being very nice about it. Just something to consider in the future. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Am I misremembering something?  I do not recall the Xynthin event requiring people to get shadow essence in order to address an ongoing problem (or having any particular need to enter Glomdoring at all save for curiosity).

The correct equivalent here would be if Hallifax decided to keep others out while searching for the cure.  That would have been absolutely their right.  It is, however, an entirely different thing to then make the aftereffects require continual "raiding of enemy territory"/reliance on them not being jerks about it.

It would have been equally wrong/complaint worthy if shadow essence had been needed by the entire game at that time.
  • edited August 2016
    Enyalida said:
    Shedrin said:

I'd be interested to know what other leads there were and if they got any traction. 
    I heard there were some attempts by Serens to try working with the spirits, but it didn't go far I suppose. By the time I first logged in Hallifax was already working on a cure so it's easy to see that such a focus could draw away from other attempts as people slip into the flow of the event.

Would have loved a nature cure, like, the spirits fighting back against the invaders, but it got scienced instead.
    Event is still going. I have a potluck to go to tonight, but I'm going to try and stir something (non-cure related) up with Dain and Wisdom. 
  • Enyalida said:
    Event is still going. I have a potluck to go to tonight, but I'm going to try and stir something (non-cure related) up with Dain and Wisdom. 
    Yep, there's a cure extant now, but there's a lot left to do and it's stuff that Halli Science isn't nearly as good at, like appeasing spirits and fighting back horrible malarial death jungles. I like the event quite a lot personally, the horrible death jungles are remarkably well-written (and horrible)>
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • How about we just keep the jungles in the mountains? Would be a nice place to grow cocoa beans...
    I'm actually not sure of the best way to kick something off. Should I submit an IDEA if there isn't any obvious god to pray to to start something? I always try just standing around spamming different conversation starter says to npcs or theorizing out loud with players, but that never seems to go anywhere. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Silly Ssaliss, jungles don't grow on mountains. They grow in the basin on the windward sides of mountains. And Hallifax is inside the Basin, so so is ALL THE WIND.
  • Enyalida said:
    I'm actually not sure of the best way to kick something off. Should I submit an IDEA if there isn't any obvious god to pray to to start something? I always try just standing around spamming different conversation starter says to npcs or theorizing out loud with players, but that never seems to go anywhere. 
    IDEAs sort of get tabulated and looked at all in one batch, possibly long after they are submitted, has always been my impression. What I usually do is just SAY TO relevant denizens, to be honest-- say something, wait a bit, say something again, wait a fairly substantial amount of time, then wander away until later.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • You can also try praying to an active god.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Kiradawea said:
    You can also try praying to an active god.
    Enyalida said:
     if there isn't any obvious god to pray to to start something? 

:grey_question::grey_question::grey_question:
  • As @Ileein mentioned, SAY TO would generally be your first stop because you're going to contact every admin that's available at the time who might be able to help you without it being tied up in their character. Like, one might be able to step in even if they're not a seren god which would be potentially more efficient than prayer or an idea.

It would also likely help if plans and thoughts are communicated on boards and the like, it can get people involved which then means more people trying to get out there to get motion happening.

Though, each of our gods would be appropriate for different reasons, if I had to chose I'd probably contact Lisaera first for her expertise with spirits, then Maylea(I like the idea of a maylea powered trueground >_>), then Hoaracle because I know he's often around but really any of the three is likely able to help.
  • Enyalida said:
    Kiradawea said:
    You can also try praying to an active god.
    Enyalida said:
     if there isn't any obvious god to pray to to start something? 

:grey_question::grey_question::grey_question:
    Just pray to a god. Any god. Or message them if you don't feel it possible to pray to them. They can't start anything unless they know what it is, and messaging/prayers are the best way to contact em directly.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Frolicking gaily at the Ravenwood as a shadowdancer ought to do... BAM Tau coughs on me :(
This discussion has been closed.