Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Luce said:
    Man, I would sacrifice Maligorn at Roark's feet for an artifact to pop out honeycombs on demand. Some of us don't like using sugar in our designs, but do like sweet things, and it's hard to design around the, what, 6 honeycombs..?

hmm, if no one else has grabbed them, and you beg all the guards to get any they pick up, it's more like 10 max AFAIK/IIRC....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Sceptre of Endowment (100cr/500cr/2000cr)

Okay, so you ENDOW <person> WITH <artefact>, using this scepter, and it temporarily makes them the owner of one of your artefacts, for 6/24/72 hours. Obviously only one artefact can be endowed at a time with the sceptre, only works with perm (vs. single use) artefacts, HELP SECONDS blah blah blah, and only one sceptre per character.

Point is that you could temporarily loan your artefacts to n00bs/allies. The rich characters get to be Daddy Dingaling by decking out their minions. This also serves to give new folks a real taste of artefacts (without it resetting midhunt/harvest.grrrrrrrrrrrr) and would thus increase credits sales. If it's deemed a decent idea, then make Sceptre, Crown, and Cloak, which all do exactly the same thing but means that you can loan up to three artefacts out.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited August 2016
    Tylwyth said:
    Luce said:
    Man, I would sacrifice Maligorn at Roark's feet for an artifact to pop out honeycombs on demand. Some of us don't like using sugar in our designs, but do like sweet things, and it's hard to design around the, what, 6 honeycombs..?

hmm, if no one else has grabbed them, and you beg all the guards to get any they pick up, it's more like 10 max AFAIK/IIRC....
    I've seen a max of 6 without the new area, and I'm always wary of begging ANYTHING in Faethorn with people as gank+enemy-happy as they get in there. But I'm not denying there might be more than I'm aware of. I only knew there were at least 6 because I nabbed 6 last time I was there, I thought it was 5 before that. (also, can someone teach the knights not to pick up the stupid honeycombs?)
  • Luce said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Luce said:

I've seen a max of 6 without the new area, and I'm always wary of begging ANYTHING in Faethorn with people as gank+enemy-happy as they get in there. But I'm not denying there might be more than I'm aware of. I only knew there were at least 6 because I nabbed 6 last time I was there, I thought it was 5 before that. (also, can someone teach the knights not to pick up the stupid honeycombs?)
    It is actually part of the new quest that they have honeycombs, so sorry, you're out of luck!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I submit for your approval:

Red Algontherine Hull Paint - Reduces a ship's speed penalty by 10%.
  • So I was thinking that many companies offer a premium service where you get enhanced customer service etc. So How about an affordable, single-use artefact (25cr?) that puts your next ISSUE into the express queue?
  • edited August 2016
    Auriella said:
    Shard of Rebirth - One time use. Removes you from your family entirely.
    Putting forth another voice in favour of this - Family trees are getting too inter-connected at this point, making it incredibly difficult to foresee potential issues with characters marrying unless you meta-game it on an OOC level beforehand and/or deliberately don't join a family, lest you find that your characters end up related as a result of an overly extensive family tree (I've seen some FAMILY TREE reports now that have almost FIFTY children (including half-brothers/half-sisters) - that is ridiculous, given the relatively low player count in the grand scheme of things.)

Yes, I have a vested interest in this, mainly because I finally decided to have Sakaki show an interest in someone only to find HELLO! can't really go any further with it because she ended up being his aunt (which even SHE didn't realise until she did a FAMILY TREE command on Sakaki), thus it is mechanically impossible to do anything simply due to wanting to actually participate in a family on one of my characters and not foreseeing this.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Sakaki said:
    Auriella said:
    Putting forth another voice in favour of this - Family trees are getting too inter-connected at this point, making it incredibly difficult to foresee potential issues with characters marrying unless you meta-game it on an OOC level beforehand and/or deliberately don't join a family, lest you find that your characters end up related as a result of an overly extensive family tree (I've seen some FAMILY TREE reports now that have almost FIFTY children (including half-brothers/half-sisters) - that is ridiculous, given the relatively low player count in the grand scheme of things.)

Yes, I have a vested interest in this, mainly because I finally decided to have Sakaki show an interest in someone only to find HELLO! can't really go any further with it because she ended up being his aunt (which even SHE didn't realise until she did a FAMILY TREE command on Sakaki)
    More as an aside, but FAMILY RELATION is your best friend in this type of situation. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited August 2016
    Dylara said:
    Sakaki said:
    Auriella said:

Yes, I have a vested interest in this, mainly because I finally decided to have Sakaki show an interest in someone only to find HELLO! can't really go any further with it because she ended up being his aunt (which even SHE didn't realise until she did a FAMILY TREE command on Sakaki)
    More as an aside, but FAMILY RELATION is your best friend in this type of situation. 
    Sakaki joined his family more than an RL year ago now at this point.  As I mentioned, her family tree has almost FIFTY siblings listed in it.  Forty-eight to be exact.  Sakaki's also has 13 more people listed.  That means right off the bat, at LEAST 61 people, if not more, are already 'off-limits'. Pretty much ANY other person in Magnagora that is in a family has a chance of being related to her, particularly due to cross-name relations (D'cente being related to a n'kylbar, being related to a d'murani, etc etc)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Isn't inscest a proud tradition of royal families anyway? Keeping it in the family :smile:
  • Made the Wondercorn buffs usable with one command so that we dont have to keep spamming everyone with a wall of text.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Veyils said:
    Made the Wondercorn buffs usable with one command so that we dont have to keep spamming everyone with a wall of text.

There's an envoy report for that.

Same with genie spam, I believe.
  • Yay thats awesome.
  • Really Cool Name (50 Credits)

You can now use NATURE FLOW
    Your numbers today are:
  • Idea for a new wonder item - it's still a sketch, so be nice :) and if you want to suggest what to put in the gaps, feel free.

Wonder Wrench: (it fixes things and breaks things)

1 crystal: Upkeep paintings or statues without materials
    2 crystals: <?>
    3 crystals: <?>
    4 crystals: <?>
    5 crystals: Once per IG year, you can remove a Rune from something without trading it in.
    6 crystals: Buff to Empathic healing
    7 crystals: Slow decay for your worn jewelry
    8 crystals: Slow decay for your wielded weapons
    9 crystals: Move a wildnode up from motes to rainbow
    10 crystals: Once per IG year, you can break another wonder item apart without losing a crystal.
  • I would love a RP-only illusion artifact. Put an aggression timer on its use and drop the price a ton. Current price is too steep for a RP tool, but illusions can really enhance RP.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Chef's Toque - reduces balance costs of COOK, MULL, BAKE, BREW, INFUSE, PRESERVE, and FORTIFY commands.
    Smith's Apron -  reduces balance costs of FORGE and REPAIR commands.
    Tailor's Pincushioun -  reduces balance costs of SEW and MEND commands.
    Jeweler's Loupe - Reduce the balance cost of GEMCUT, REPAIR, and MELT commands.
    Alchemist's Goggles - Reduce the balance costs of AMALGAMATE commands.
    Herbalist's Shears - Gives a chance for a single HARVEST command to not consume an herb from the plant. (since the gloves already reduce balance)
    Enchanter's Eye (thirdeye/bindi) - ENCHANT commands gain an additional syntax, GRANDENCHANT, which consumes 10p and adds 10 charges for the same eq cost, which can be reduced by the Gloves as usual. If this causes you to drain more from a powerstone than it holds, the excess is taken from your personal power. You must be at 10p to use this command.
    Artisan's Toolbelt - Reduces balance costs of CONSTRUCT commands. Does NOT reduce the balance of returning to your prized piece.
    Bookbinder's Thimble - Reduces the balance costs of FOLD, BOOKBIND, and other trade commands. Does not reduce the cooldown or costs of reading from your magictome, but does reduce the balance/eq cost of creating it.

Basically, a suite of artifacts to make trades faster, and give trades that already have that artifact something that reduces scarcity, in line with other trades. Enchanting being an oddball because we don't really want power to be less scarce. 

• Luce said:

Herbalist's Shears - Gives a chance for a single HARVEST command to not consume an herb from the plant. (since the gloves already reduce balance)

This would make the lives of the stripharvestbotters unfeasibly difficult.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited September 2016
    Theoretically that's impended by the botters adding a function to the end of the harvesting session for each room to run it again and ensure the pre-defined number (5 in my case) is what is in the room, and repeat until it is. Then you move to the next room and 'har <herb>' again.

This is all theory, of course. Not trying to say it wouldn't be a little more annoying to deal with, but I like the idea in that it gives herbalists more reason to exist (plus I really want to overhaul herbalism).
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Versalean said:
    Luce said:

This would make the lives of the stripharvestbotters unfeasibly difficult.
    You say that like I should care what people who both stripharvest and bot think.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It is not like stripharvesters would even care, they just can stratagem repeat until the plant is gone.  Won't affect them either way.  The only people it will affect are those who check how many plants are in the room to start and choose to harvest based on that (counting number of picks to make sure to leave some behind).  It would make life somewhat more complicated for people who want to do the right thing i

Easy enough to address that though, by just adding a line saying that an extra herb was found... or by making the artifact occasionally harvest 2 herbs instead of 1 (same net effect).
  • Sorry, I was being sarcastic about the stripharvesters gaiz >_>
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Speaking of people who harvest the last herb, can we make that action have a 1/5 chance of throwing out a Cloier? 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Eye of the Watchful Soul - 250 CR <--idk what even this should be i just like the idea

Grants the AETHERSIGHT defence. Also gives the AETHERSIGHT defence for a person of your choosing, be it your spouse or your mistress. You must be in their presence to do this, and if they already possess the AETHERSIGHT defence, they will be made aware of your snooping. 

AETHERWATCH <target>

You purchase an Eye of the Watchful Soul, receiving a parcel wrapped tightly in black silk.

You unwrap a parcel wrapped tightly in black silk, revealing a class carving bearing some resemblance to the Eye of Zenos, save for a cutesy heart-shape where its pupil should reside. As you turn it over in your hands, a strange reflection of light catches your eye, and you raise the Eye to yours in an attempt to inspect the glass curvature more closely. You suddenly see the world woven through with links and lines of aetheric power. The glass heats under your hands, becoming unbearably hot within a single second and forcing you to drop it. It melts into a mercurial glass and evaporates before it can touch the ground, and when you raise your eye you realise that you can still see the lines of aetheric power, and would be able to peer at them at your leisure. 

You may now use the AETHERSIGHT and AETHERWATCH commands!

You set your sight onto the lines of aether surrounding Portius and trace their unique patterns until you can sense them as well as your own. 

A sense of being watched settles over you as you suddenly feel the weight of Tremula's gaze.

You sense the sweeping gaze of Synkarin pass over Portius.
    You sense the piercing eyes of Celina stare at Portius.
    You sense Marcella pulling on the strings of aether surrounding Portius.
    You feel the aether around Portius tighten dramatically towards Salome.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I think this was an auction item at some point, but I would be willing to pay a pretty significant amount of credits for additional custom demi room/enter/exit/teleport messages, in the same way that typecasts are now.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Mark of the Devout Hunter: Increases essence gains from offered corpses.

Influencers can offer exceptionally ridiculous amounts through levelled figurines, if there's no plan to nerf this, at least give bashers something for some sort of parity.

Could even be a multiple level artifact, with a larger bonus the higher the level of the mark.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!