Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited August 2016
    I confirmed retirement of Cyndarin today so here's my obligatory post. Just waiting on admin approval. I've been waffling on it for a few months, but even moving to Gaudi or Glom didn't seem to reignite my interest. I haven't really enjoyed the game like I used to, and I think that's just because I'm as old as lusternian dirt. I've been with lusty for a decade! It's kind of crazy to think about. It's a fabulous game, I hope all the Midkemians get as much as I did out of it over the years. You made a great choice here! Anyways, I'm poking around on other IREs and enjoying a change of pace, not sure where I will settle down. I'll see you around! Xoxo
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Wow, it feels like the end of an era. It won't be the same without you :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @CyndarinAscends I'm really sad to see you go because you were one of my personal idols. To put it in perspective, since I'm a little Magbie at heart, this would be like seeing Lavinya announce she was retiring, or maybe even Silvanus. You got me interested in PK in the first place, and I always thought your Queen of the Night shtick was the coolest RP (before I ever knew it was a guild title). I hope you have fun wherever you find yourself going, and keep being the person who inspires other people to enjoy the game they play more. 

And to pretend like I didn't just almost tearfully say good-bye to one of my heroes:

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited August 2016
    NOOOOOOOOO

And nobody will ever know because of Laurels
  • I just remembered what the healing rain on the peak reminded me of, the end of the Two Princesses of Bamarre. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Good job @Serenwilde! You guys have your stuff together.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • :(@CyndarinAscends
    I will do my best to fill the griefer void you will leave behind <3
    Your numbers today are:
  • @Falmiis
    I hear a very cool Ysav'rai will soon be single, if you're interested in moving to Gaudiguch finally ;D
    Your numbers today are:
  • I confirmed retirement of Cyndarin today so here's my obligatory post. Just waiting on admin approval. I've been waffling on it for a few months, but even moving to Gaudi or Glom didn't seem to reignite my interest. I haven't really enjoyed the game like I used to, and I think that's just because I'm as old as lusternian dirt. I've been with lusty for a decade! It's kind of crazy to think about. It's a fabulous game, I hope all the Midkemians get as much as I did out of it over the years. You made a great choice here! Anyways, I'm poking around on other IREs and enjoying a change of pace, not sure where I will settle down. I'll see you around! Xoxo
    I'm really sad to hear about your decision. Hopefully some closure can be found between @Salome and her mamma. You've been my idol for a long time, and I'll always respect your great skills in combat and RP. Stay in touch, @CyndarinAscends.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.

• Kilee said:
    @Falmiis
    I hear a very cool Ysav'rai will soon be single, if you're interested in moving to Gaudiguch finally ;D
    Synkarin already said he's coming to Hallifax.
  • I confirmed retirement of Cyndarin today so here's my obligatory post. Just waiting on admin approval. I've been waffling on it for a few months, but even moving to Gaudi or Glom didn't seem to reignite my interest. I haven't really enjoyed the game like I used to, and I think that's just because I'm as old as lusternian dirt. I've been with lusty for a decade! It's kind of crazy to think about. It's a fabulous game, I hope all the Midkemians get as much as I did out of it over the years. You made a great choice here! Anyways, I'm poking around on other IREs and enjoying a change of pace, not sure where I will settle down. I'll see you around! Xoxo
    Retirement is fun, come to Achaea!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited August 2016
    I confirmed retirement of Cyndarin today so here's my obligatory post. Just waiting on admin approval. I've been waffling on it for a few months, but even moving to Gaudi or Glom didn't seem to reignite my interest. I haven't really enjoyed the game like I used to, and I think that's just because I'm as old as lusternian dirt. I've been with lusty for a decade! It's kind of crazy to think about. It's a fabulous game, I hope all the Midkemians get as much as I did out of it over the years. You made a great choice here! Anyways, I'm poking around on other IREs and enjoying a change of pace, not sure where I will settle down. I'll see you around! Xoxo
    @Cyndarinascends CELINA. :( Huuuuugs. You'll always be my favorite grumpy potato.

@Lothringen :((((((((((( With you two running off together. Who will I ship now?

And yes, good job with the flare Serenwilde. You deserved that bubble. ON TO THE NEXT BATTLE!

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Retirement is fun, come to Achaea!
    :(

I'm sorry to see you go. Celina will always be one of the most distinctive people I've RP'd with, and a part of some of my favorite RP moments.
  • edited August 2016
    Spending 80 percent of a fight in a position where you basically have nothing to do but wait to cure out is not fun. WTB way to make Aeon rework
    Your numbers today are:
  • edited August 2016
    Fix your aeon curing.  I just gave you masked asthma and you derped out.

Sorry?

edit: To highlight the difference, I did the same combo to Veyils several times and he always cured out very quickly.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Mathematically speaking, with cure balances and defenses like quicksilver and truetime, most aeon attacks are not fast enough to make it stick for longer than a second.

Those that can make it stick for longer against good curing are those with gimmicky moves (sleep+aeon, quicken+aeon).

Truetime: shortens aeon delay from ~1 second to ~0.7 seconds
    Steam balance: ~1.2 seconds
    Most aeon attacks: ~2-3 seconds

Basically, needs better aeon curing. M&M default isn't going to cut it, unfortunately.
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited August 2016
    Hmm that shouldn't be the case because issey has my slowcuring priorities. :/ 

EDIT: Although thinking on it you only aeoned me on your own. Issey has two people on her which is a whole different thing with aeon :/
  • I don't remember off the top of my head, but it's quite possible that Issey didn't have metawake up, which is a big no-no against Symphonium.

Also, Twytch was just webbing.
  • I didn't aeon, but Issey might not have metawake. Symphs have that sleep->aeon gimmick move.
    See you in Sapience.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Twytch said:
    Mathematically speaking, with cure balances and defenses like quicksilver and truetime, most aeon attacks are not fast enough to make it stick for longer than a second.

Those that can make it stick for longer against good curing are those with gimmicky moves (sleep+aeon, quicken+aeon).

Truetime: shortens aeon delay from ~1 second to ~0.7 seconds
    Steam balance: ~1.2 seconds
    Most aeon attacks: ~2-3 seconds

Basically, needs better aeon curing. M&M default isn't going to cut it, unfortunately.
    Truetime only reduces aeon by 0.1s, not by 0.3s. 

Symphonium has skysforzando which is super strong. It gives you a defacto 5s stun (including the 1 sec from aeon) which lets the symphonium easily stick asthma, or double sleep, or anything else really to lock it up. It's easily the best targeted song effect in the game even though it's gated by lust because you have to reject (hello insta-hinder) or get hit by this song.

They also have access to hidden lusting in two tertiaries and a song effect that has like a 20% chance of lusting (I once rejected a hidden lust, got hit by song lust and smacked with skysforzando in one sequence). 

Yes, m-mf's default prios aren't going to cut it (Veyils's prios are good, I've seen them), but lets not downplay what's really going on here. 

I've been telling @Yarith forever that Loralaria is probably the best bard spec in the game, mostly due to Skysforzando. Finally someone is proving me right.

(As an aside, I've been looking into making the default prios in m-mf better, by adding in an auto-importer to switch between aeon or sap optimized slow prios, but it's harder than it looks)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited August 2016
    Synkarin said:

Symphonium has skysforzando which is super strong. It gives you a defacto 5s stun (including the 1 sec from aeon) which lets the symphonium easily stick asthma, or double sleep, or anything else really to lock it up. It's easily the best targeted song effect in the game even though it's gated by lust because you have to reject (hello insta-hinder) or get hit by this song.

I've been telling @Yarith forever that Loralaria is probably the best bard spec in the game, mostly due to Skysforzando. Finally someone is proving me right.

(As an aside, I've been looking into making the default prios in m-mf better, by adding in an auto-importer to switch between aeon or sap optimized slow prios, but it's harder than it looks)
    Ignoring the fact that it's gated by lust (which is annoying in it's own special way, for both the target and the bard):

Skysforzando is aeon + 4s stun.  It's only a 5s stun if your stupid system only tries to start curing after unstun. Hint hint.

Also, double sleep does nothing if metawake is up.

The only aff symphs can do to stick aeon if you have metawake up is asthma.  If you try to cure asthma first, then cure aeon second, there's nothing I can do to stop you.  Hint hint.  Assume asthma when you get hit by a dramaturgy combo in aeon (the only spec that can give asthma).

Tada! I can't do anything to you. I've spent 4p and am off balance for a long stun that got me no traction. I'm 100% sure that if someone tried to kill me as a symph with the sorts of combos I'm getting kills with, they never could.

It is still great for groups though, which is why I run Symph. 

I do agree that Symph/Cantor are the two best (active fighting) bard guilds. Which one is better is a tossup to me.  
  • Synkarin said:
    Truetime only reduces aeon by 0.1s, not by 0.3s. 

They also have access to hidden lusting in two tertiaries and a song effect that has like a 20% chance of lusting (I once rejected a hidden lust, got hit by song lust and smacked with skysforzando in one sequence). 

Yes, m-mf's default prios aren't going to cut it (Veyils's prios are good, I've seen them), but lets not downplay what's really going on here. 

Ah, right, but truetime still allows a wide margin for the target to cure out from regular aeon. Even Researcher's active aeon (which is on the faster side of things) is around 2.7 seconds of balance, which gives the target a window of around 0.9 seconds (that's with amnesiacloud on the aeon hit). Quickening will allow the aeoner to outpace curing, but at 3p, it's not sustainable (enough to stick in asthma, though).

TL;DR - Aeon should me more than manageable solo, but the effect snowballs up in group fights. It's not alone in that, though.
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited August 2016
    Hmm oddly looking at the log it wasn't aeon that killed her, you damage hit her once in the aeon, she got out of aeon and sipped etc, you then hit her a few times and she died. I noticed a few things to fix with the aeon so she'll get out of it better in the future hopefully but it wasn' aeon that killed her.

The issue is that your attack does 30-40% of her health damage. You literally just pure out damaged her to to death.  I mean does that damage attack have any requirements or do any afflictions cause it to do more damage or something?
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited August 2016
    Pratfall is OP. It'll get nerfed eventually.

That said, it does blunt damage and I'm fairly sure Ciaran is either at 13/13 or close to it while Issey is a bard who probably doesn't even have splendours and nowhere near 13/13 resistance to blunt.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The rest of dramaturgy is just so bland and awful for everyone who isn't symphonist that few combatants take it. 
This discussion has been closed.