the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• edited September 2016
    @Ushaara what stopped Salome's strongman was the dang Zoroark on the loose.  Tremula let me know that it was actually blocking an redirecting random actions every night till we stopped it.

Losing the kill on Melali and still getting caught by Othero was probably the most frustrating point for me, espcially since it turns out, there was more to Melali's powers than he ever let on. I'll let him actually spell it out though.

And gonna start putting together a post detailing my whole ordeal of staving alive for so long.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I was just a plain, boring vigilante. Which seems pretty weak, given the other roles.

I mostly want to know if Phoebus was actually a convert. When I went to kill Cen, my thought process was 'either we are badly wrong, or we just can't trust things to flip accurately. Number two is probably more likely.' and I want to know if I was right about that.

I think that's my criticism for this game. There was no balance, but we knew that going in because randomization of pokemon makes balance basically impossible. But I went through most of this game thinking that I probably couldn't trust death flips or other mod reveals as an information source, and that's not a good thing. It's not just flips that don't say everything, either. Describing things with just role titles or in fluff terms without clearly stated mechanics puts everything into question, even when it's supposed to be complete and reliable. This even extends to things like role powers not being fully explained. The town was lucky to get a night where we could account for everyone's actions except for Cen and Thul, since process of elimination could work at that point. But the details of things like watcher reports weren't terribly useful, and and there were a lot of flips where I wasn't sure what information I was supposed to be getting, so I rarely felt like I could make an informed choice even when I was supposed to have information.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Oh, well Strongman being blocked by random spin Zoroark (?) is just as frustrating. Especially since we didn't know there was a Zoroark on the loose until Day 4 or whatever..
  • Incoming Mod message dump wweeeeeeeee

==================== Role PM =======================================

My son, heed your master Solgaleo's words.

The Beast that Devours the Sun asks no more of His cult than He would choose them for, and you have been given the opportunity to expand My influence and My power. Yet in My way stand two distinct challenges which you will dispatch of for Me. Allow your mind to wander to the Champion Alec who leads this expedition. Should he and his Shaymin arrive, his power will disrupt My own, and My power will face another roadblock in its ascent. Almost as threatening, My Sister, the Beast that Calls the Moon, will doubtless send Her Following in a foolhardy attempt to expand on Her feeble strength. You will eliminate any who stand in My way.

Fortunately, you will not have to struggle alone. I sense among the party one who was Chosen by the Pokemon. Succeed in calling him to My Cult, and even My Sister's foolish Following will have no choice but to realise that My power is absolute. He will lead My Cult in unifying the world under the Sun, and you will heed his word for My glory.

You are the Godfather of the Cult of Solgaleo! While the rest of the Cult might disagree on who to kill at night, only your deciding vote from Solgaleo Himself will make a choice. Every other night, you may harness His power to send a message to the Chosen, attempting to persuade them to join you. You win when you assure Solgaleo's reign.  You have a three-shot immunity to death DURING THE DAY.

Take another of My servants to aid you, My Lehki.

Your Pokemon is Togepi, a Faerie type! It knows the move Metronome. Once a turn, during the day or night, you may use a random power available to another Pokemon in the game by saying, "Togepi, use Metronome!". Your Pokemon can EVOLVE. You are immune to Dragon.

========================Night 1====================================================

A faint buzz comes from your Pokegear, and you surreptitiously glance down to check it.

"Services bought by a benefactor have been credited to your account. Your purchase will reveal themselves by stating 'New breeder in town! Come to me if you want the perfect new poke!' When you are ready to activate their special "package", simply state to the person you wish it activated on, '(Person), would you like an Eevee?'"

--Explosive Productions.

You take one last look at your pokegear before stowing it, wondering who would have been so gracious as to spend money on purchasing you Makaela's...services. Putting it aside for now, you look at your Togepi and gently ask it to perform Metrenome. With a happy trill, it raises a single finger, which glows bright. She raises her little foot and taps the ground, causing an enormous tremour right as the train pulls into the station. You curse and quickly return her to your pokeball, exiting the train quickly and pretending you know as much as the next person.

With the pulse emanating from you, you were unable to perform any night action with the fierce earthquake originating from two feet away.

=========================Night 2==================================================

A long, drawn out vibration sounds from your Pokegear, and you excuse yourself to take the call. A stranger's voice echoes with the power of your Lord, saying, "I may deliver your message to the Chosen tonight, My son. Return a message to this number when you know what you wish Me to say."

"Chosen of the Pokemon, heed these words. The Dawn of your great destiny is at hand. The foolish Champion Alec and his Shaymin are weak and can not be trusted. See how he wavers and begins to crumble from only the first disaster to impede his ill-conceived mission, and how his craft only travels by the Grace and Power of the Sun itself! Trust not also the words and servants of My Sister, Lunaala. She too is weak, and hides in the shadows of the night, cowering from True Light. Believe only in the Power and Glory of Solgaleo, the Beast that Devours the Sun! If you speak the words "How long do we have until the solar panels fully charge?" to reveal yourself to my Children, they will offer what protection they can, until your Chosen time comes."

A second, long vibration draws you from your car once more to take the call. The same stranger on the opposite line speaks, but it is obvious your Lord's grip on him is failing.

"̡̗̝̺̣̣ͅI̘͕͈̙̼͓͝ ̲̪̠̦͚͜á̗͚͈̺̭̺ͅg̛͖̮͔̙̟̦ͅr͏̜̱e̴͍͔͉é͉̩̠̯̱̫̭,̭̀ ͖̻̬͘ṭ̨̟͚̺̥h̦̤̝̖͙̱͝ḛ̗̻̫̗̥ ̦̗̠Ćh̭ͅa̜m̕pi̗̭͖̠͜ó͎̱n̮̠͔̮'̰̺͕͢s̛̗̝̤ ͕̳̼̱͖̼̕m̹̬̰̻̻̜͞i̥̤s͎̗̳͓̟s͓̖̟͙i̯̳̘̞̞̮̮o̮̬̦͈n͈͈̯̯͜ ̛̯̞ḭ̀s ͉͓̥̹̯ͅͅd̷̞̳̭̥͍͚o̹̖͔͓̘̱o͎̝̮̯͉̗͖͞m̴̥e̩̰d̷͙̮̹̖.̭͖̦̟̯ ̰́Ḩ̗̯̲ͅo̹̺̰̯͉ẃe̴̞͚ve͕̰̬̰͈͙̞ṟ̯͎̹̲̺̕,̳̩͞ ͙͍͉͓͇I͔̹͕̺̪ ̻w͓͈̯̘ạ̺̖̤n̟̤̙̣̘̞͞t҉͓̯ ͔t͠o̡̻̲̣ ̨̮͕͔͇sp̖͜ę̜̺n̢d ͕ą͕̣͚̦̝̩̩ ̖͈̩͍͙̬͍f͙ȩ̝͈w͜ ͕̼m̷̦͙̫̯̮o̹r̦͟e̥͈͎̦ ̴͈̯̲͎̥̝ṋ̷̫̮͕̝͎i̡͙̻g̣͚̥͇̩͝h̥̞͙ts̢̯͍̝͎̜̺̼ ͈̘e̳͙͖̺̪s̹̞̺̬t̻̫̘̻̠̼̻͢ḁ̺̘b̶͍̮͇̭̳̝l̶̙͖̦̝̟̻i̶͙̫̬̻̖͙s̮̺̝̲͉͍͝ͅh̙͎̟̳͖̬ͅi̺n̰̤͈͎̼g̼͖͎͍̘ ͍͓͝my̜͍͈͔̘̫ͅ ̦a̢͉̮̟̖l͙̼̤̥̫̦͘i̱̺͞b̸i̯̬ a̱̙͕̲̘͍͚n̪̠̖̱̫d̤̩͕͔͓ ̤̲͎͜p͎̻̞̪̖͢e̳͇͕r͖͢c̦̮͖͉ẹ̣̮̼i͞v͢e̖̠̳͍͈d̜̦ ̜̰̻'̙̱̹̲i͕̙n̺̪̹n̘̩̲̻̩̲͓o̴̥c̬̹e͖̙͓̼̠̤n̫̙͚̣̳͍̟c̴̞̯e͍̗͚̞̳͖̖'͍.͍̤̜̙̜ ̶͈͚̱H͈͇͚̦̜̝̕ơ̲̫̘̺̼͖w̞̰̻̙̥ ͓̪̞d̶͕i̸̳̲̞d̡̗̯̜͎͔ ̙̹̰͚̝͕̱yo͈̹̤u̡̺̤̺̘ ̳̺͙̲̻̖̰k͓̮̺n͕̦͇̹̮̹ó͇̯̳w̵̥̞̺̟ ̴a̴̗͍b͡ơ͍ut̮̜͍̥͟ ̘͍̼̘̣͚ͅL̘̤̗̕u͖̬̩n̘̠̗̲̙̰͉a̦l̰a̭̳̯̳'s̭͈͇̜͓ͅ ̶̣̫c̢̙̼̞̻͇ͅo̻͔͡n͓̺̗̩̞͎̬t͔͚͢a̺͓c̤͇̺̝̳͔t҉̹̻ͅ ͍̙͚͜wi͔̕t͔͔͓͍̭͍h͎̙͇ ̸̝͚̥̳̙̟ͅm͕̠e̱?̦̥̣͜ ̭͘Ar̹͍̲̩͘e͔̪̣͓͚̦͈̕ ̛̱͖͓ͅy̛͍o̟͔͙̖u̱ ͎̩̱̱͙̩̟a͏̻̜͉̳͓͔ḅ̸̲̣l̰e̛͇̖͉̜̯͓͎ ̮͙͖̟̮̯̮́t̵͍̮͇̖̗͙̹o̦̞͙̕ͅ ̳̰̫͓̦̫̩i҉̖̦̹̲͍̞ͅņ̠̫͖̟̲̜̩t̪̯̻̟̟̖e̮͕̘r͍̗̠̕ce͓͇p̜̮͎̱t̡ͅ ̗͓ọ̥͙u̟̦̺͔͢ṟ͚̹̠͍͜ͅ ̡̼͙̼̩m͚̀ȩ͍s̟̖̺̫͍̪s͍̗̠̫͔͉̲͟a̢̭gę̼̲ͅs͠?͈̖͖ ̦̬Ṱ̢͎̠̦̫͇h̻a̹͎̲̹͈̳̹t̙̩̜̬̜ c͖̺̟͞o̤úḽ̡̤d̥ ̖̥͟b̭͍̯͓̗̲̘e͇͉͔͇̭ͅ h̻̣̠͕̗̩a̦̥͎n҉̤̙͕̭̞̪̥d҉̦̫̥̠̖̤͔y͎͍.̭͕͙ ̣͡I̦̱̯̝n̦͖͚̩̤̬͈ ̝̪̘̩͓͓͡ͅt͢ẖ͈̰̯e̗̜̖̣̲ m̠̱͎͓͙e̥̱a͕n͖t͏̫ị̰m̜͕̮̤̘e͎̯̩̮̠̪̻̕,͜ ͍̝̱̭̭̟̞́h́av̫̗͙͚͢e̴̞ ̞s͍̺͘o͚̗͕ḿ̜̲e̞̼̜̬̱͙̝ ̘̯̘i̮͍͔ṋ͇͈f̥̠ọ͉͖̠̬̣͉͡r͔̝̜̯̹m͖͟a̗t̲̳̤̘̤̹͔͟i҉̳͕̗͉̭̼o̝̟͇͠n͏̻̞̠:̵̗ Ḱal͖͓̰̠͙̗̘an̯̫͕̻͘e͕̬̩̜͈͈̣y̥̣̘͚͢a͖̣͕̖̰'̵̞͉͇s̹͚ ͚̘̝͇̱͉̮p̡̖͖̯̩̯̹o͚̗̙k̻͉̜e̝͚̘̗̰̪̜m͢ͅo̬͔͖̮̣̗͖͜n̻ ̬̺̫̝͓̤͜ͅi̘͓͞s̮̱̘̗ ̢̱̠a̛̰̰ͅ ̷̞̳C͓̫͕̤̀o̤̼̝̭̦͚m̱b͍e̤͎̩͙̬̲e̖͙,̡͚̭̩̹̮͎͕ ̨̘̝ͅa͚̙͍̕n̸̺d͍̪̬ ̟I̴͈͈̤̳ ̱͚͖͎be̕l̘̤̭͜į̫̙̬͔̱ḙv͓̖̗͓̫͉é͇ͅ ̢̪̟̭she̻͔̲͓ ̬̹̞ͅw̖̰̰̬̼̼a̸̹̹̰s̗̱̀ ҉͉̹̠̝͔͓̰ţ͓͕̤̟͙ͅh̯̘̺͠e̙͖̘͎ ͖̤͇͈o̦͖̯n̨̙̬̫ẹ̣̟̥͔̺ ̺͎͔̱̫͇͔t̛̼͓ͅo ̶̜̯̠̭ṷ̦̖̗͔̣se̝͈͍͕̹̺͠ ̳̭͕͈S̫̼̲w̴͎̰e̬̳̺̖̦͉e̙̲̩͚t̗̱̹̫̲ ̫̣̪S̴̭͓̯̫c̲̼̠͖͡e̻̠̖͠n͟t̯ ̢̺o̯̘͚͙͇̟n͕̮̰̙͕̜̺ ̙͕̪K̘͈̙̫͖̫͚̕i̘̮̮̱̖̻ͅl͚e͔͉̻͙̳̙e͚̫̰̪͞.̨̜ ͈̝̦̬͝I͏͎̝̻̝ ̜̰̥̠̲̳͝h̤͍̰̲̼̹̕o͇̳̖͙̥̫̘p̯͈̳͚e̦͓̘̤̘ ͖̲̻̰͘t͎̳̲͖͜hi̛̭͔̹̤̭͇s͡ ͖̀i̵̪̤͖̯̝s̴̖̲̰̹͈͚̟ ̘̟o̶̼̯͓̬̠͎f̀ ̭̱͍͇u͏̼̫s̘̟͇̼̰̗̳e ̦t͉̘͎̱͇͈͟o̩̺͔͈ ̴̘̤̼͎̝̩̺ỳó͈͓͕̞͇̪u̵.̖̬̣̙ ͙G̶o̶̮od̵̗ ̦̯͎͇̗̞͞ͅl̼͖u̯ck.̛̤̘̙̝͚̺"͖

As you sit in a purposefully separate car from the rest of your Cult, you whisper into your Pokegear your orders to Salome and sit back comfortably. About halfway through the night, you allow Egbert the chance to stretch her legs and sit with you, a faint mischief in your mind as you order her to use Metrenome once more.

She waves her arms back and forth, and a bright light temporarily washes out your vision. A burning V appears above Egbert's head before shooting off into the distance. There is no great quake this time, so you are happy to assume she didn't just assassinate the conductor. You spend a long, restful evening with your darling Egbert until the sun rises.

=========================Night 3==================================================

You type up a message to Salome's number, informing her that she will be attacking Melali tonight. Satisfied, you turn to Egbert and say, "Egbert, use Metr--" Before you can get the sentence out, though, a Pumpkaboo appears just out of the corner of your vision, and you turn to stare at it in confusion before it vanishes in a spray of ephemeral light. Egbert makes no signal that she saw it, and you wonder for a moment if you imagined it, and forget what it was you were doing a moment before. You turn your attention to Egbert just in time to see a Gastly appear and wipe its long tongue across Egbert's head, causing her to stiffen and fall over.

Just as you make to pick her up and comfort her, a knock at your door causes you to open it and see a confused looking Cen at your door. Before you can shoo her out, though, she's in your room and comforting Egbert. You're satisfied enough to let her continue well into the night, and just as the sun begins to rise your door is flung open. A bank of white fog fills the room and you cough and hack as it begins funneling out of the vent above your window. When you can see again, you are pleasantly surprised to see everything as it was. How strange, you think, as you step off of the train. Has Ushaara always been this attractive?

========================Two Alecs================================================

Have you ever considered that the Pokemon of Alola which, as you said, have "never seen a human before" might want to keep it that way? That they don't want to co-habitat their home with you?

1 - Yes, and it's going to be hard. As we learned from the earthquake, trainers misusing Pokemon or even just being idiots can have an incredibly terrible, painful effect on Pokemon. There's also the danger that we could be unable to habitat with them, they'd be pushed to the side. That's why I'm leading the expedition, and no one else. Still, who could resist that type of adventure with such a great payoff if we're right and nothing to lose if we're not?

2 - I've thought about it, and while there can be mean Pokemon or even ones that are reclusive, having grown up in a forest and been raised by my Shaymin before I ever met another human I think it's safe to say that companionship is the greatest thing you can have. If the Pokemon don't want to habitat with us, we'll build around them, but we'll make every effort to try.

=========================Night 4===========================================

Egbert begins to glow as you close your door and free her, and you are sure that she is beginning to evolve! You could stop it, but the choice would be entirely up to you.

As the glow spreads across Togetic's body, she begins to expand and stretch, until she has finally evolved into Togetic, a Faerie/Flying type! Its move remains the same, but you have gained an immunity to Ground!

As you press your stone to Egbert's face lovingly, she accepts it almost immediately and begins to glow with blinding brilliance. You shield your eyes, and only remove your hand when your new Togekiss nudges it. You smile and tear up slightly...she's beautiful.

Your Togetic evolved into TOGEKISS, a Faerie/Flying type! It retains metrenome, but has learned the move 'Serene Grace'. Once, the pair of you will be unkillable by the raw love she feels for you.

"No more need for ham and showiness this time, Chosen. Our plans hit a bit of snag with Vivet calling things out like that, and Othero catching Salome, but Solgaleo's not done yet. I think you've probably established yourself enough, and that it's time to make your choice, and for Lunaala's servants to recognize. Vivet was right that we shouldn't keep offing each other, and we've lost 3 cultists between the two of us. Time to work together. If, however, you do decide not to join us this night I want to pass along one valuable piece of information, to do with what you will. Salome had a very powerful pokemon, and it would be to our benefit to get it back from the Champion and under our control."

As you cite off the last of your message to your Lord through your Pokegear, you turn around and see a Gourgeist floating in your car.

"This isn't going to be fun, is it?" you ask. Gourgeist's smile seems to grow bigger as its eyes glow green, and you fall face-first onto the (mercifully) carpetted floor of the car, fast asleep.

You are unable to perform any more night actions.

You have a dream. In this dream, you are in a sauna and get a shot in your buttock by a very handsome doctor. What a strange dream.
    =========================Night 5============================================

Cen approaches each of you in turn, Her eyes glowing silver as She speaks with both Her voice and your Mother's.

"My Children, while I am saddened to see so few of you remain, I remain confident in your abilities to carry out My will. Your Queen will guide you by My Will, and by My Will your virtues extolled."

She steps to Lehki, and places a hand on his brow. "My Brother's faithful lapdog, who served Him so well and resiliently, I grant the power of redirection. Twice, you may choose to have all powers that would effect Mine effect you instead."

She turns next to Allyrianne, and continues, "Oh, My Allyrianne, how faithfully you served Me, in spite of the cloak you wore about your head. No longer a spy to My ears, I grant you the power to successfully convert one person of your choosing to My following. No longer My ears, I have given you a portion of My voice."

Kalaneya is the last, and she steps forward and states, "Darling Daughter who has faced so much hardship, I present to you the power of life itself. You may activate this power to return one random, deceased member of the journey to life as a plain town player, who will convert more easily than others.

"These are the powers I grant to you, My Following. Use them well."

At Cen's command, you do nothing, and decide to lay down in your car for the night. However you toss and turn, though, you cannot sleep on your bed and finally sigh, moving instead to your floor and laying spread-eagle with the moonlight streaming onto you. You stare at it dreamily until you realise you have fallen asleep, and are staring at a silhouette of your body. Solgaleo's aureate power is being slowly replaced by Lunala's silver, and you notice that two cases of mysterious purple venom and one colourless also seep out. You wake in the morning feeling refreshed, and are certain that you are not dead yet. An adorable plush doll of Portius sits on your bed, and though you're tempted to toss it, it has a certain charm to it that convinces you to let it stay.

===========================Night 6=====================================

You order Egbert and frown in confusion as she continues staring at you in confusion. "Come on, Eg, use Metrenome!" She cooes confusedly and waves her fins back and forth, floating through the air with all the cuteness you're used to. After hours of the back and forth, you drop on the bed and fall asleep from sheer frustration, where you stay through until the day, paying almost no attention when Haunter arrives and swipes the doll of Lehki from next to you and falling back to sleep moments after you wake.

In your dreaming, you realise that when she evolved from Togetic, Egbert put METRENOME aside for Serene Grace, and that you can't use it until her protection is gone.

===========================Night 7=================================

As you step out of your door, intent on making your way to the main deck to activate Metrenome, you bump into Melali as he is walking by and both fall to the floor. You irritatedly tell him off for causing the accident, and he drags you off to a quiet room near the galley, confiscating your Pokeball and handcuffing you to the leg of the table.

This has prevented Metrenome from occurring and blocks you from other chats.

• Phoebus was not a convert. I sent a Deception message indicating she'd been forcibly converted. It ended with fake broken bold tags around her supposed new status and win condition.

I'm an incredible asshole.
  • Thul said:
    Phoebus was not a convert. I sent a Deception message indicating she'd been forcibly converted. It ended with fake broken bold tags around her supposed new status and win condition.

I'm an incredible asshole.
    That is the most dickish thing I can think of. No wonder Phoebus felt so put upon and lost without any mod confirmation. 
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Strongman being blocked suuuuuuucks, ouch. :confounded:

(And yes 100% agree my role was bonkers and that Thul is a jerkpants to poor @Phoebus.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Woot! And... if I may be so bold. Finally. I had Cen pegged as the cult leader from ages ago. And during Vivet's second swan song I was several times tempted to step in and say that "she's hinting at Cen. Why can't you see that she's hinting at Cen".

That said, this was a delightfully crazy game. At least to watch. I'll refrain from judging the setup until I see it all... but yeah. Sylandra's role was all kinds of bonkers. Knowing the whole setup of the game is far, far too much information in a player's hand. Trem did say that she'd only give that role to someone she trusted, but even so. What if Sylandra had turned out to be not so trustworthy after all? It gives one player too much power to dictate the progress of the game, and yeah it does run a little counter to the fun of trying to understand the game setup yourself. I also feel it did make her role a bit too easy, especially for as long a game as this.

But. I also want to say that the flavour text is *coughforthemostpartcough* lovely. Trem's really pulled out all the stops with the flavour and this made the game really enjoyable to watch.

And finally. I hope you guys have been in touch with a pokemon professor, else I'm gonna have to confiscate all your mon as part of the "Protection Against Invasive Species" act. We don't want a Yungoos repeat now do we. :D
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Okay so, the first night I actually did get a message about Makaela being a bomber and did get it as soon as the night started, was really confusing.

And then Egbert set off Magnitude 9 and gave us the wonderful start to the first day. Really set the tone, yeah?

Second night she set off Victini's doctor power and hit Cyndarin with it. And that's actually the last time I was able to use Metronome because I was blocked almost every other night for the rest of the game. The few times I didn't end up blocked were nights I actually decided not to use it, because I was betting on Luce's pumpkaboo using it's weird confuse ray on me.
    We sent a message to the Chosen, telling them "we're awesome, Lunaala sucks, join us" and gave her a pass phrase to say so we'd know who she is and didn't accidentally murder her in the night.

Third night I got hit by like 6 different powers, hilariously.  I also got matched Ushaara, but we never got to have any crazy make outs or relationship drama like the rest of you. ):

Night 4 I got to double evolve Egbert up to Togekiss and got yet another death immunity! LOL The way it actually worked was a 1 shot that triggered if either of us were about to die, that would make us both immune. Sent a message telling the chosen to join us because Town was actually super efficient at offing us left and right. Like seriously you guys only had one mislynch all game(more on that nonsense later).  Then Gourgiest knocked me out, so I was unable to lock in a kill for the night, or hear what Cen's reply to my message was. She didn't join the cults that night though so doesn't matter. ):

Also I had a weird dream about a sauna, a handsome doctor, and my butt. I have no idea what this meant, and still don't. @Tremula explain!

Night 5 is when big things happened. Cen joined Lunaala, all the cults merged together, and we all got new powers. Mine was "lightning rod" power that would redirect all actions targeted at other cult members to me. I did nothing that night, and thanks to Lunaala's protection that night, was saved from Portius AND Toxicroak's poison. Sorry Othero, you're not what finally did me in. ;P

Night 6 I TRIED to use Metronome, but it turns out that I actually couldn't until Serene Grace was used up. Decided to take care of that in the morning, I actually really wanted you guys to waste another Lynch on me. Mostly for the lulz ;D

Night 7 I immidately locked in my redirect power because I just fucking KNEW Melali was going to Jail one of us, either Cen or Allyriane. And since I locked in before he did, he got redirected. This is the kind of interaction where the order of powers mattered. I had hoped that my redirect would continue to work and every other power targetted at cult would just hit Melali's jail, but sadly was not the case. ):

I also died Night 7! But how! So far nobody guess has even been close to right. D:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm curious about the other roles, and wouldn't mind @Tremula just giving us a rundown of what all the roles were, and their hidden conditions like the Chimaera and Reign ones. It seems like at least some 3p roles were here as cult fodder more than to win on their own.
  • Luce said:
    I'm curious about the other roles, and wouldn't mind @Tremula just giving us a rundown of what all the roles were, and their hidden conditions like the Chimaera and Reign ones. It seems like at least some 3p roles were here as cult fodder more than to win on their own.
    It turns out that's exactly what Weiwae and Allyriane's roles were intended as. I believe if we had made it to the 2nd phase with the Chosen, Weiwae would have also been dragged into the new cult group like Allyriane was.
  • I'll answer the question that I left. I did resurrect Vivet, but who I resurrected was random. We did try to tilt the odds in favour of resurrecting Rolsand out of the available candidates, but I think it was only something like a 3/10 chance instead of a 1/10 chance. Everyone who we offer to be part of the cult can decline the offer, but the person resurrected could only refuse once before being automatically drafted.

Flavour text:
    A blaring horn wakes you up from your cot, and just as you sit up, a bag is stuffed over your head. You're lifted by your hands and feet and dragged out of the room, but you're neither worried nor anxious. No, you're excited! You've been waiting for the Following of Lunala to send you on your first mission, and this must be it! Sure enough, when the bag is pulled from your head, you hear the slam of a door behind you, and see a freshly ironed uniform in front of you along with a pokeball. As you reach for them, a voice that you'd recognise anywhere as your Overlord's begins speaking in short, clipped tones.

Greetings, Grunt. You have been chosen to partake in a mission as my personal escort. You will not fail, or there will be consequence. You have been given uniform, Pokemon, and a trainer card necessary. You will be contacted the night our journey begins, so do not draw undue attention to yourself or our cause until then.

You are a Grunt in Lunala's Following! Each night you vote on who to kill, even if the Overlord will just pick for you anyway. However, you have a one-time strongman power, allowing you to break through a defence and kill someone at night. 

You glance at the Pokeball and your Trainer Badge, memorising your new name and what Pokemon you'll be carrying along.

Your Pokemon is Combee, a Bug/Flying type! It knows the move Sweet Scent. Using this move will randomly draw one Pokemon out, showcasing next to their Trainer. This has a one day cooldown. Your pokemon can EVOLVE. You are immune to Ground.

-------------
    You let your Combee out of her pokeball and she flits around, filling the room with the smell of honey and wax. You calmly command, "Combee, use Sweet Scent." She complies happily, and soon the smell of your favourite perfume (Night Magic) fills the room instead, coating you and her nicely. 

You sit down and enjoy the sight of the desert rushing past at sufficiently high speeds for most of the night, even managing to catch a small nap. When your door slides open, though, you are awake and you turn your head to see Cen standing there looking at you as if he were surprised to see you. There is an awkward silence that is broken by your Combee buzzing at him, and he excitedly squeals and begins playing with her.

You smile softly and allow him to continue, watching him carefully before joining in on the fun. It is not long before it is nearly day and Champion Alec's voice is over the PA. As Cen turns to leave and return to his car, however, a tremour shakes the car and he falls forward, smashing his head into the door. Not wanting to appear suspicious, you rush towards him and help him up and off the train, once it's stopped moving of course. Alec comes by and gives you an ice pack for him before moving on towards your Overlord and Admin, but the appearance of nicety prevents you from watching his actions as you turn towards Cen and help him.

---------
    Your Overlord gives you your target, and you steal quietly into the night. It is quite easy to find Alary's cabin, where he sleeps soundly. You pull a curved dagger from a hidden fold in your uniform and waste no time plunging it between his third and fourth rib to pierce his heart, killing him instantly. You withdraw the weapon and wash it in his sink, and leave without anyone the wiser.
    -----------
    You pace back and forth before Phoebus' empty car for a good part of the night, eventually growing frustrated and returning to your car, reporting on your Pokegear the failed attempt to kill your target. It is some comfort to find Combee flitting about with a sweet scent filling the car and perfuming you in Night Magic once more.
    -----------
    As the glow spreads fully across Combee's body, you take a few hurried steps back as she grows enormous before finally finishing her evolution into Vespiquen! It knows the move 'Fell Stinger'. If this move causes a Pokemon to faint, it will be able to target trainers and knock them out for 50 posts.
    ------------
    You make your way to the back of the train with a single purpose in mind, your Mother's Voice whispering in your ear as you follow your Queen's order to resurrect one of the fallen tonight, while you can. You search around for your old Overlord's bag and find her in the chilled room of the morgue, unzipping the rough canvas and wincing at the crushed skull and blood spattered across her face and matting her hair to blue-tinged skin. You extend your hand over her and whisper the old prayer of your Cult, the Moonlit Maiden's Mantra, and watch as her skin knits back together and bone grows in hexagons where it was missing and shattered. Satisfied that she will rise before the night is over, you return to your car and plan everything you'll tell her when you have the chance.
  • @Lehki, @Tremula, is there any reason why my block to Lehki night 2 didn't work?
  • The message to the Chosen was considered a "free" action, essentially because it was a core part of the game's mechanics, it couldn't be blocked or detected. If I had tried to carry out the kill myself that night, that action would have been blocked.

On the night that Luce's pokemon knocked me out and blocked me from chatting with cult at night, Tremula basically popped in and said "hey you gotta submit the message for tonight right now", then as soon as I did she blocked me from the chat.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Questions + Comments round one: 

o @Ileein yes, Sunny Day helped because no one messaged me in that time because of the confusion. I think they were also waiting for me to make a mod post saying that it was night (if so, my mistake, at the time I was out eating dinner and don't check my phone at the table), but regardless it went Day->Night->Day with no powers taken. I couldn't say that, of course, because people could have been bluffing.

o Salome's strongman against Melali would have succeeded if it weren't for Zoroark futzing with her power. I didn't make it clear about the strongman only breaking through immunities/etc. so I did think it appropriate to refund the strongman after it was "wasted" by Phoebus getting her rez in.

o In retrospect, I thought Sylandra being in the dark about secondary powers and Pokemon powers would be enough, but since there was an entire aspect of dream-play by Pokemon power that didn't get touched (Gengar wasn't the only one able to mess with a sleeping target) I suppose I didn't entice people to play with their Pokemon enough.

o @CyndarinAscends if the cult had managed to get one more day, you'd have gotten Cyndaquil, a Fire type that knows Explosion. Explosion does exactly what everyone thought it did, and blows up anyone who has/had a willowisp, killing them.

o I read at least two accounts of people stating they usually skimmed their mod messages/didn't pay attention to fluff and only paid attention to the mechanics (bolded, italicised, underlined text), so my first thought was 'That's not fair, the mods tend to put in a decent hunk of time into flavour', and based this game around decoding fluff. Lettuce leaves and whatnot. In retrospect, I need to even the two out more, because I could almost feel the frustration.

o After seeing how few kills went through, I also feel like Dylara's power should have been accessible every night so she wasn't always in a state of 'is this a good time?' Maybe even a second coroner effect through Pokemon, since the death messages weren't always clear. 

o @Krackenor I think this was a mistake on my part, because I forgot to write in Lehki opening his door to use Togepi (this probably would have gotten him killed a lot faster), and he managed to get the Victory Star off on Cyndarin.

o Warlock is...harder to balance in an online game than a real life one. In a real life one, you pull someone aside, explain the rules of the role and ask them if they can play it to your expectations, then tell them the secrets of the game. They lose their vote power and only get to bet at night, then have to play off why they never vote. The psychic bit was supposed to be the giant target on Sylandra's head, but everyone avoided her instead of attacking her.

o Lucario is broken good for Town. He's the only one in the game who gets a 100% mechanical accurate reading through his aura sense. 

o Deception is broken bad for pretty much everyone involved. Do other games not have the Cult in their own private chat? Every one I've played with a Cult has it, so if that's not the norm here then I can see why Phoebus was so confused. I expected her to see no bold in the message and no adding to the chat and realise it was fake (plus I would *never* use the shadowy figures that Thul liked. They're so creepy. <.<). I like the idea of the role, but there has to be a serious nerf if it's ever going to be used again.

o Gardevoir (Noctowl) does not protect from strongman anything, but the mafia blew both of theirs early on because people ignored the possibilities of their Pokemon powers for a good bit. Well, to be fair Salome got lynched before she could successfully use hers, but still. 

o Allyrianne and Weiwae both had "bonus mafia" roles. There were so many third party/town players that even with an eventual cult I was worried that they'd be out before the cult could start. So I took out the masons and switched two vanilla townies to the Jekyll/Hyde combo, then had the masons become a Traitor (can send a limited message to their real team once a night [she tattled on Solgaleo SO hard]) and a Terrorist.

o @Portius was actually plotted to become a Serial Killer - in the first draft of my game - if he killed three town-sided roles. I slightly regret not doing it, but once more there were not nearly as many kills going off as we expected them to be. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Yeah I feel like this game would have gone really different if both SK hadn't been taken out by day 2. This game started crazy
    And for any questioning, the Rolesand was more than just one specific role picked out for him. Every single role in the game was random (except for Sylandra the Warlock [though if Kiradawea had stayed, it would have been a toin coss between the two exclusively {nothing against the rest of you, but they're my most trusted Mafia comrades}]), so I wrote a weakened, nonessential version for each role. 

The Creepy Child role was originally immune to night-death, and would lash out against people who visited them, marking them with an ugly bruise that would show up in modmessage. Win condition remained the same. The next post will be somewhat long and spammy, with the different roles and their weakened versions/hidden ability. 

• @Lehki Toxicroak punched your butt while you slept.
  • ALSO @Weiwae

My biggest regret was activating the bomb that early(even if it did result in that spectacular shitshow). I got really antsy and was trying to get the focus off of Ushaara and really had no idea how it was going to play out. Wasn't entirely sure it even would kill you, though it did seem likely. ):
  • It's common for all scum on the same team to be part of the same chat group yes. I even used the same mechanic for the medium in the Gods and Monsters game. That should have been a huge warning that something was wrong with the message. But this is also Feebas's first game on these forums AFAIK so I'm not surprised she didn't catch onto that fact.

Regarding a balance of fluff and mechanical explanation, you should always be able to summarize a statement in one or two sentences. Try adding that to the fluff. The idea being that there should be no unintentional ambiguity between player and game master.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Othero said:
    @Lehki Toxicroak punched your butt while you slept.
    I thought the gas leaking into my room the night before that was Toxicroak. O,o
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Official role PM:

Greetings, Sylandra.

Yes, I do know your name, and no, we have never met. I am the Magic Queen Belladonna, and like you, I am a Warlock. You may be confused, so allow me to explain. Since the dawn of time, our kind have existed among the normal humans. More powerful than psychics, we once were common knowledge, prophesying for the every day person who sought it. However, as time passed, they grew jealous and paranoid, and turned on us, striking us down where once they held us in reverence. Driven to near extinction, we went underground and held our knowledge to ourselves. However, we were discovered by a Champion nearly a hundred years ago, and upon learning of what we could do, a deal was struck. A Warlock would be assigned to each Champion, to foretell coming disasters and warn of those with evil intent, that they may disperse evil before it rises to fruition. In return, they keep us safe.

I know you know more than you should, and I know you are untested, but I am afraid I have no choice but to force you to hit the ground running. My body is old and frail, and can no longer keep up with my mind. On this journey I would only slow my sweet Alec down, so I have informed him that you will be replacing me. Champion Alec is a good boy, but is fierce. I have given him specific instructions on how to deal with you should you place the safety of Warlocks at risk, and he will terminate you before you have the chance to do so. Keep close to him, and do not give reason for the rest of the contingency to fear you with overcanny 'intuition' or by drawing undue attention. I hope to train you properly when you return.

Your role is Warlock. You are in constant communication with the Champion (moderator), and have knowledge of each trainer's role. Each night you make one guess as to who will be lynched during the next day phase. If you are correct three times, you will win independent of the game's ending. You are lynchproof, by rote of being the Champion's Companion.

Oh, by the way, I've a present for you. Since you won't be able to take your own pokemon with you, I've had this little guy hatched just for the trip. He'll protect you from whatever bad comes your way, I'm sure of it.

Your Pokemon is: Honedge, a Ghost/Steel type. His power is: King's Shield. You have a five-shot immunity to death. You are immune to Normal, Fighting, and Poison.

Well, here is your pass, with my portrait as your mentor allowing you access to the train. Good luck.

--------------

NIGHT ONE INFO DUMP

As the night settles around you like a shroud, you wait until your fellow passengers settle into slumber and quietly push aside a panel of wall, revealing a thin yellow rope. You pull it and a trapdoor opens below you, which you quickly descend into. A red lever to your right is pulled, and the panel and door above you close, leaving you encased in pitch darkness for a moment before gentle, green light fills the crawlspace that extends the length of the train. You hurry forward, counting the lights you pass until you know you rest directly below the Champion's car, and pull the lever to your right, opening the trapdoor. 

He smiles fondly as he glances down from his seat, placing his book down and standing to help you up, letting the trapdoor remain open as he reaches over and locks the car door. As you sit, he pulls a steaming kettle from a nearby hot plate and begins pouring a cup of tea for you. Sometimes, you swear that he's the Warlock!

Mafia Roles

Solgaleo

Lehki
    Ushaara
    Salome
    Makaela

Lunala

Vivet
    Silvanus
    Kalaneya
    Allyrianne

Third Party

Kaimanahi
    Sylandra
    [Synkarin]
    [Ioson]
    Cyndarin
    Luce
    Cen
    Kilee

Town

Phoebus
    Melali
    Alary
    Portius
    Krackenor
    Ileein
    Rolsand
    Dylara
    Ssaliss
    Othero
    Thul

1 - Phoebus [Doctor] 
    2 - Melali [Jailor] 
    3 - Alary [Magistrate]
    4 - Portius [Vigilante] 
    5 - Cen [Chosen] 
    6 - Vivet [Lunala Godfather] 
    7 - Kaimanahi [Witch] 
    8 - Lehki [Solgaleo Godfather] 
    9 - Makaela [Terrorist] 
    10 - Krackenor [Blocker] 
    11 - Ioson [Hyde] 
    12 - Cyndarin [Collector] 
    13 - Kilee [Serial Killer] 
    14 - Silvanus [Lunala Mafia {2}] 
    15 - Kalaneya [Lunala Mafia {3}] 
    16 - Luce [Misteltoe] 
    17 - Synkarin [Jekyll] 
    18 - Salome [Solgaleo Mafia {3}] 
    19 - Thul [Maylor] 
    20 - Othero [Watcher] 
    21 - Ssaliss [Investigator] 
    22 - Ushaara [Solgaleo Mafia {2}]
    23 - Dylara [Coroner]
    24 - Sylandra [Warlock]
    25 - Allyrianne [Traitor]
    26 - Rolsand [Creepy Girl]
    27 - Ileein [Pathologist]

---

Lynch Guesses:
    N1: Rolsand
    N2: Ushaara
    N3: Ushaara - SUCCESS!
    N4: Salome - SUCCESS!
    N5: Thul
    N6: Kalaneya - SUCCESS!

---

Night One Message:
    You make your wager with the Champion and touch two fingers to his forehead. A telepathic channel opens between the two of you, and you know that you'll be able to talk tomorrow, tomorrow night, or whenever you want to, so long as both of you are alive. You make your bet on Rolsand and as you enter the tunnel to return to your car, you turn to the Champion.

"It looks as though someone's Pokemon has used Magnitude. I give it thirty seconds before it hits." He blinks in alarm, but you are already gone and only know he did it by feeling him do it through the link you just created. Twenty-two seconds later, you are seated in your car with the hatch hidden, vaguely aware of two auras floating around your door. Someone must have visited you in the night. The floor shudders and you smile faintly as you feel the Champion pulling on his jacket and rushing down the hallway, Shaymin close on his heels.

It's good to know everything sometimes.

---
    Alec Question Drama
    • Ok here is my question for the Alecs. Did I replace Magic Queen Belladonna to protect you, or not?
    • TremulaTremula July 24
      1 - "You replaced her because she asked me to take you instead. You needed training, and who else but a Champion could provide it?"

2 - Says nothing at first, but stares at you with a faint frown on his head, confusion evident in his eyes as he rubs a temple thoughtfully. "You both protected me, and yeah, she asked me to take you so you could learn what it means to be...you know."
    ---

Night Six Message:
    When Haunter emerges from the wall and looks down, slightly confused, you clear your throat and point to the sill. "I moved it so it would liven the place up. I hope its new home likes it just as much." He smiles widely at you before seizing the doll and vanishing through the wall again.

:Uh, Sylandra?: Alec's thought presses at yours and you raise a brow, sure that he was asleep a moment ago.

:Yes, Ale--: You stand straight as you feel another mind with his in his room, a mind touched by the grave. :HOW IS VIVET IN YOUR ROOM? SHE'S DEAD.:

:That's what I wanted to tell you. Apparently she isn't really? Can...can you sense anything from her? Am I in danger?: 

You sigh in relief, the boy had good sense to ask you before doing anything rash. You extend the full range of your Sense to wash over Vivet, but any sense of maliciousness or evil that was present in her before was gone, replaced by the cold emptiness that death presses against a mind. :No, Champion, she is no danger to you. As innocent as a babe, I would venture.:

:Seeing as she was naked as one when she showed up, I suppose I should take that as a sign.: Though he attempts to shield it, you chuckle as the unbidden thought of him seeing the woman in her gods-given glory and her seeing his (you've told him to wear something under that huge dress of a shirt he's fond of wearing), and his petulant whine, while not audible, is made apparent in his mind. 

Vivet has returned to life as a vanilla townie!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited September 2016
    Ripped straight from my mafia notepad (they're so messy, I can't paste them fully)

1 - Phoebus [Doctor] 
    • Doctor - Visit one person in the night. If they (or their Pokemon) would die, heal them. Wins with Town.
    2 - Melali [Jailor] 
    • Lock up one person and speak with them privately at night, neutralising and protecting them and yourself. Wins with Town.
    •  - You may execute whomever you are interrogating. Three-shot power.
    3 - Alary [Magistrate]
    • Three-shot power. Prevent someone from being lynched, refunding votes. May only activate once per person. Wins with Town.
    •  - BECOMES A LAWYER IF USES ALL SHOTS - 
    • Lawyer: Cause a person's vote to not count for the day. May only activate once per person, once a day.
    4 - Portius [Vigilante]
    •  Kill a target at night. Wins with Town.
    5 - Cen [Chosen] 
    • Receive a message from a Godfather every night. Accepting joins both mafia under your rule, but strips you of your Pokemon. Refusing allows you to give XP to a Pokemon you do not own. Wins with Town if message is not accepted. Wins with Mafia if accepted.
    6 - Vivet [Lunala Godfather]
     Sends a message to the Chosen every other night, inviting them to join as a free action. Has final say in Mafia activity. Wins with Mafia.
    7 - Kaimanahi [Witch] 
     Forces a target to act on another target. Wins when the journey is ended.
     - If Sylandra is killed, instant win. - 
    8 - Lehki [Solgaleo Godfather] 
     Sends a message to the Chosen every other night, inviting them to join as a free action. Has final say in Mafia activity. Wins with Mafia.
    9 - Makaela [Terrorist] 
     Offers two phrases: prime, and trigger. Prime phrase allows the mafia to know who you are, trigger phrase activates the bomb, killing you at days end. You may choose who (if anyone) blows up with you. Wins with Mafia.
    10 - Krackenor [Blocker] 
     Block a target from taking action. Win with Town.
    11 - Iosion [Hyde] 
     May kill a target at night. Dies if Jekyll dies. Wins if Jekyll and Hyde survive to the end.
    - Attacks a target at random if they don't kill at least one person in three days. -

(use hygeine products to kill people, Iosion thinks it's hilarious) 

12 - Cyndarin [Collector] 
     Visit a target to catalogue their Pokemon. This reveals type and abilities. If you catalogue one of every available Type, you win independent of Town. You win with Town. 

NEEDS: WATER, DRAGON, GRASS

13 - Kilee [Serial Killer] 
     Kill a target at night. You win when you are the last one standing.
    14 - Silvanus [Lunala Mafia {2}] 
     Once a night you may investigate a target to get a brief understanding of their abilities. You cannot kill if you do this. Wins with Mafia.
    15 - Kalaneya [Lunala Mafia {3}] 
     You are a member of the Mafia, and win with them. You have a one-shot STRONGMAN kill.
    16 - Luce [Misteltoe] 
     Pick two people. They fall in love if they are the same alignment. You win when everyone is in love, or with Town. 
    17 - Synkarin [Jekyll] 
     May doctor a target at night. Dies if Hyde dies. Wins if Jekyll and Hyde survive to the end.
    18 - Salome [Solgaleo Mafia {3}] 
     You are a member of the Mafia, and win with them. You have a one-shot STRONGMAN kill.
    19 - Thul [Mayor] 
     You may activate your power during the day to receive double vote weight and prove your innocence to the Town. Wins with Town.
    20 - Othero [Watcher] 
     Watch a target at night, seeing who they visit and who visits them. 
    - You are a NINJA, and cannot be easily detected! - 
    21 - Ssaliss [Investigator] 
     Investigate a target, getting an understanding of their power and alignment.
    22 - Ushaara [Solgaleo Mafia {2}]
     Once a night you may investigate a target to get a brief understanding of their abilities. You cannot kill if you do this. Wins with Mafia. 
    23 - Dylara [Coroner]
     Every other night, examine a body to uncover more information about their alignment, power, and things they may not have known themself!
    - After autopsy'ing five bodies, become a MEDIUM. Every night you do not autopsy, you may exchange 5 messages with a dead player of your choosing. - 
    24 - Sylandra [Warlock]
     Knows game setup. Picks a lynch target for the next day every night. Wins if they are correct three times.

= DON'T LET SYLANDRA GET AWAY WITH ANY SLY SHIT. BE SUPER STRICT. SERIOUSLY. = 

25 - Allyrianne [Traitor]
     Pass a 200> message to the Overlord of your Mafia each night. Wins with appropriate Mafia.
    26 - Rolsand [Creepy Girl]
     May give target a doll at Night, and they may then give another target the doll. Wins (even if already dead) when the holder of the doll dies.
    27 - Ileein [Pathologist]
     Hack into target's Pokegear, receiving vital information they would receive that night. 

Sorry if formatting is strange, the forums are weird.

• Silly Cen being immune to investigations :(

Also, @Othero, I have to ask... Was it your plan to kill me, or was it actually a typo? I realised (pretty much right after I died) that "Okay, blaming killing me on a typo would've been a pretty good plan".
  • ...wait. @Melali offed @Lehki?
  • Ssaliss said:
    Silly Cen being immune to investigations :(

Also, @Othero, I have to ask... Was it your plan to kill me, or was it actually a typo? I realised (pretty much right after I died) that "Okay, blaming killing me on a typo would've been a pretty good plan".
    It was because Cen  being jailed that night. Tremble told us that if she hadn't been jailed you would have bumped into her directly and something about her would have been obviously way off to you
  • Tremula not Tremble. Silly auto correct
  • What a wild game. Having a pokemon that comes online so late was a definite bummer. I felt useless 98% of the game (and I was). My cult power was getting a second pokemon, which I got kill immunity from ninetales. In hindsight I should've trusted my gut and gotten sandshrew. I didn't know Portius was going to do a 180 and give up trying to kill me. 

I got recruited pretty late in the game, and up until that point I hadn't told a single lie and had revealed every bit of information I had. Several people still found my suspicious and tried to kill me. That's the only point I got frustrated in this game. It was literally the day after I got recruited, townies started pressing me and I had done absolutely nothing and barely paid attention. When Vivet revealed I was mafia, (or accused) I had done thing mafia related at that point. 

I feel like the cult leader getting killed reverting everyone to town kind of lamed the end of the game. It meant the town didn't have to be right (and they weren't, Melali was never cult), and they were still going to win. All it took was a wild vigilante with a twitchy trigger finger (and that's what we had) to basically make it impossible for the mafia. Cult had Thul's illusion power, which was crazy, but that's it. We had no tools of survival. I had a crappy quilava, Cen had no pokemon. Town had doctors, watchers, killers, kill blockers.  

Fun game though, the powers were very entertaining.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Was Sylandra's pokemon randomly assigned too? Or just given extra protection to keep her in the game for flavour, rather than having a Night Vale losing Carlos Night 1 scenario?

On the Zoroark/Strongman blocking Melali kill, still think that Strongman should have trumped the pokeblock, but mod's perogative on action resolution!

Thanks for hosting! Definitely a crazy game :smile:
  • Lehki said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Silly Cen being immune to investigations :(

It was because Cen  being jailed that night. Tremble told us that if she hadn't been jailed you would have bumped into her directly and something about her would have been obviously way off to you
    Man, that's two people I didn't catch that I investigated :( First night I investigated Salome, but got earthquake'd. And with Cen, I got Melali'd. Le sigh.