Real World Raves

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited September 2016
    Rave: I get to play Dread this weekend! And my bestie who's the DM is so pleased with my character sheet, where I'm basically Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame if he were born into the position of Theon Greyjoy, pre-Game of Thrones. Pretty stoked about this.

It's also the bf's first tabletop. We have been warned not to do the "couple thing" where we always agree with each other, to which I replied I was intentionally creating an instigator persona, so nbd, I would probably hate everyone equally. (Slightly concerned I'm overwhelming the boyfriend though, who feels pressure due to being the only noob in the line-up. Don't let anyone ever tell you relationships are easy--you never know what your partner will drag you into!)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • That's what my dad's wife calls John Oliver. Definitely a compliment.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • I just finished season 2 of Mr. Robot. Holy mother of God, this is quite possibly the greatest show on television. It's so surreal and wonderful. I can't wait for next season!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'd like to thank all the people who made this possible, but mostly @Daraius for letting us all know. I cried.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • @Karlach it's definitely an acting thing, not an appearance. If you need help thinking that way, name the 'action' movie stars, and all the other genres with their stereotypes. I'm stoked you got offered a lead role, it means they noticed your talent for it! So go be that dastardly bastard!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    @Tamashi Thank you, but that last line was just self depreciating humour, I joke that I just have a smug bastard punchable face.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Oh I know it was playful, it's why I returned it at the end of my own.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Sylandra said:
    A week after losing my purse someone found it and returned it. Whaaaaat.

I had 100% given up hope and assumed some college student somewhere was now using my ID to snag beers or something. \o/
    I'm so glad you got it back!!
  • Agreed, any form of lost property sucks.
  • Karlach said:
    Director just got back to me and offered me the role of lead villain (the worst type of villain imaginable at that, a French Cardinal) which I'm really happy to do, but I'm becoming somewhat stereotyped as the bad guy.

I'm starting to think that rather than being good at acting I'm just a natural bastard with a face not even my mother could love. 
    I took part in the 24 Hour Theater Festival basically every year when I was in university. I was Satan once, a mad scientist once, and Actual Death once. Apparently I've got a type.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Death in what play? He's usually a fairly sympathetic, if unknowable, character.
  • In a couple weeks (after Canadian Thanksgiving) I will be going down to once a month at my part time job, I have been fairly exhausted working both my new full time job as a Surveying Technician (40ish hours a week) and my part time job at the grocery store (6-9 hours a week). I will hopefully be more awake and able to stand sitting in front of a computer soon (I have picked up playing games again so this is a good sign). It's been a rough few weeks adjusting, but I am getting used to it.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Today I woke up with an idea for a story in my head that didn't vanish immediately. I've got a creation mythos and a basic plot, as well as three solid characters. I might actually finish this project if I start it!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    As insincere as this is going to sound, I wish you the best of luck. Those are three of the cornerstones of a good story as long as you can keep writing without getting bogged down in the details like certain lazy lumps I know.
  • Big box? Check
    Smaller boxes? Check
    Screwdriver? Double check.
  • Tamashi said:
    Big box? Check
    Smaller boxes? Check
    Screwdriver? Double check.
    I had to use it for the squish fold on the itty bitty boxes, because I have fat person fingers :tongue:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I guess hers does wood.
  • I believe it too, though I would've suspected a flathead over a phillips, but hey! If it works it works and it's awesome none-the-less.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    In a few minutes I'll be handling my first class ever at my new workplace. I am both excited and nervous. I must share the glories of the potato to them.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• @Siam Did you starch your clothes? Are you full of energy to power a small light? Are you good no matter what form you take? If so, you're ready and we wish you luck.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Day in and day out have I trained and now I can power not one lightbulb but one city! Muahahaha. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback