General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Phoebus said:
    Edit: Nevermind. I'm not really ready to talk about this openly, I guess.
    Hope things are okay, and if not that they improve.

Oueli said:
    Alright, I goofed and got upset yesterday and vented on the forum. Can y'all quit the msgs and little comments at me, please? I'm generally dissatisfied that a vent that I tried to remove has turned into so many comments aimed at me oocly. Thank you.

I'm still in culture shock here and it's been a really bad week.
    Sorry that you're having a rough introduction. I saw that you lost your wallet this week too. :(
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Sigh.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• chain smoking assholes. dog poop! *shake fist*

ow my head!
    is dead like the dodo
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Hey, I know you want to stay moisturised, but your desire to smell like you had a seizure in a berry bushel runs counter to my desire to not suffocate to death. And HR is only going to support one of us if I make an issue.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Seconded. You should not be so doused in your perfume that if it were gasoline you'd take all of us out in .83 seconds. Just because you can't smell doesn't mean the rest of us can't.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    And some of us have sensitive respiratory tracts. 
  • Luce said:
    And some of us have sensitive respiratory tracts. 
    I can't breath around perfumes, it sucks.

On a side note, it rained again today, I got very soaked. It was my second cold shower today, as the hot water has been off most of the weekend. I need rain gear asap.

On the flip side, my boyfriend was here all weekend, so I guess it was a bit positive despite no hot water.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Look. I'll pay my bills for my phone usage. That's not the problem. My problem is that I'm paying a set sum each month for unlimited phone call minutes. AKA, all calls are free. So why do you add a surcharge for calling your *own* helpline so that you can resolve the block on *your* end that's stopping me from utilizing the data plan I'm paying *you* to provide me?

And just as a final spit in the face, you add a surcharge (minuscule, sure, but still) for answering YOUR customer satisfaction survey. I've been with you for a month and I'm already considering changing my cellphone provider again.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited September 2016
    SQ 792 is playing with my emotions. I just want to know if I vote yes can I finally have wine delivered to my house ? 

Also, the dude suggested we go to Tokyo for our year anniversary.... I like his optimism but we aren't even at six months. I am not at gay man vacation out of the country every year income status yet.... and I'm scared of flying
  • The ankle of my mouse hand hurts and I don't know why. Not very practical if you have to move it all day. Though I found out that applying heat helps a bit. So now I'm letting it rest upon my thermal mug....earning me funny looks from the others.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I lost my wallet and with it my atm and health insurance cards today. This is gonna be a pain.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Annick said:
    SQ 792 is playing with my emotions. I just want to know if I vote yes can I finally have wine delivered to my house ? 

Also, the dude suggested we go to Tokyo for our year anniversary.... I like his optimism but we aren't even at six months. I am not at gay man vacation out of the country every year income status yet.... and I'm scared of flying
    When you reach this status, tell me how you did it? I'm looking at my various subscriptions trying to find out which ones I can live without.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Between the hospital that's usually 1.5 hours away and my town are two towns who have decided to tear up every highway and road they have for utility work and repaving. I didn't get back to town until 4:30 pm today :s .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    This day. I swear... family members in hospital combined with customers who can't -listen- to something you tell them is epic.

No sir, as we told you, you should NOT do that. Try it in smaller steps, but our product won't work with trying to get it to process 10000 items in one go. You knew that before you bought it, heck we had people fly over there and -tell- you that we have solutions for you, but they won't do 10000 at a time. Demanding a repair that removes the problem till 8 am TODAY won't help you either, we TOLD you it's not fitting your profile. Instead, am now trying to come up with a working solution -as fast as possible-. Sigh. WTB weekend.

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • My debugger has a bug. Oh, the fun....
  • I'm at the awkward point in the learning curve of my new position where I seem to simultaneously have not enough work and the work I do get assigned takes me forever to do and is mentally taxing.

So I feel like I'm getting nothing done ever, and by the time I get home I'm exhausted.

The good news is that despite this, I am so much happier in this position than my previous one. And my supervisor is thrilled with my progress.

I just wish I wasn't constantly waffling between bored and drained. Or both at once!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm at the awkward point in the learning curve of my new position where I seem to simultaneously have not enough work and the work I do get assigned takes me forever to do and is mentally taxing.

So I feel like I'm getting nothing done ever, and by the time I get home I'm exhausted.

The good news is that despite this, I am so much happier in this position than my previous one. And my supervisor is thrilled with my progress.

I just wish I wasn't constantly waffling between bored and drained. Or both at once!
    My life right now with nursing school. It feels like someone is going to yell at me for standing around waiting (and they have) but that they will also yell at me for trying to get things done (has also happened). Being stuck between those two, uncertain if censure is looming around every corner for arbitrary reasons, is exhausting. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    From my knowledge of nursing school, censure is looming around every corner for arbitrary reasons. Part of the point of nursing school and doctor's rotations is putting so much pressure on the nurses-in-potentia that the only ones who make it out of the program can make it in the wild. Because you don't want someone out there who's going to crack when a life is on the line.

This is a second-hand account, though, so grain of salt and all.

In a related note: Thank you for stepping up and going into the nursing field. We need more nurses, and we will always need more nurses, and it's sometimes a very thankless job. So thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited September 2016
    I've been in healthcare for a while, the problem is more really stupid arbitrary gripes that have more to do with uptight instructors than they do actual medical/pedagogical technicalities or realities. We had to walk on eggshells all today because our instructor was having a bad day and being really high tension about very simple activities. At least my clinical instructor is competent (more than, in fact) both as a nurse and educator, at least one of our groups didn't receive that mercy. My head is tired from so much smiling and nodding. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Apparently I may weight 20 lbs less than I thought I did, which is okay, because I can also lift 20 lbs less than I thought I could.
    Minor complaint, but annoying.

Tried to type up a list in the office, but had to leave before I could finish it.
    Came home and tonight started retyping it before dinner. Then the power went out, so I lost it again.
    Third time trying to type it after getting back from dinner (and the power was back on, yay!), my laptop overheated and froze, meaning I lost it again.

I'm almost afraid to start on it for a fourth time...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Enyalida said:
    I've been in healthcare for a while, the problem is more really stupid arbitrary gripes that have more to do with uptight instructors than they do actual medical/pedagogical technicalities or realities. We had to walk on eggshells all today because our instructor was having a bad day and being really high tension about very simple activities. At least my clinical instructor is competent (more than, in fact) both as a nurse and educator, at least one of our groups didn't receive that mercy. My head is tired from so much smiling and nodding. 
    Wow. I'm studying in oncology and my experience has been pretty much the opposite. But they are are being especially hard on us academically.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Everiine said:

Tried to type up a list in the office, but had to leave before I could finish it.
    Came home and tonight started retyping it before dinner. Then the power went out, so I lost it again.
    Third time trying to type it after getting back from dinner (and the power was back on, yay!), my laptop overheated and froze, meaning I lost it again.

I think paper is your friend this time around. :)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Rancoura said:
    Everiine said:

I think paper is your friend this time around. :)
    Not when it has to be added to an electronic document :) . My secretary (rightfully) scowls when people who have a computer, internet, and an email address drop off a page or two of handwritten notes and tell her to type it up to put it a newsletter or bulletin. Or worse, when they type it on their computer, print it out, THEN hand it to her, and when she asks if they can send an electronic copy, tell her flat out "No."

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Second trick! Write it in an e-mail if you use an e-mail system that saves drafts, and hopefully that will help :wink:

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I enjoy using Google Drive. It automatically backs everything to Google's cloud, so even if you lose power you've lost a minute of work at the very most, and it's a perfectly stored and shareable electronic document. E-mails also work to this purpose, like Rancoura said. :3
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Drive/Docs also lets you write from any device that can run the thing, so I sometimes use it to record my rubbish while I'm at work.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Rant for computers. Every few weeks I run into a problem that makes me go 'I'm too much of an idiot for Ubuntu, I should go back to Windows' but I've spent enough time with Ubuntu that Windows infuriates me. It's like I'm too ignorant to be trusted with Linux but too annoyed to use any of the alternatives.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Portius said:
    Rant for computers. Every few weeks I run into a problem that makes me go 'I'm too much of an idiot for Ubuntu, I should go back to Windows' but I've spent enough time with Ubuntu that Windows infuriates me. It's like I'm too ignorant to be trusted with Linux but too annoyed to use any of the alternatives.
    Accidentally hit the Off Topic flag first, oops. Stupid buttons being right next to each other...

I've been using GNU/Linux for a few years, and I remember how in the first week I had to reinstall because I messed it up. But now, after fiddling with it and learning how it works, I much prefer it to Windows. Ubuntu especially is so well documented and help is available everywhere. It has its quirks, but unlike Windows, people have figured out those quirks and can help you through them. Stick with it! You'll be glad you did.

• Everiine said:
    Portius said:
    Accidentally hit the Off Topic flag first, oops. Stupid buttons being right next to each other...

I've been using GNU/Linux for a few years, and I remember how in the first week I had to reinstall because I messed it up. But now, after fiddling with it and learning how it works, I much prefer it to Windows. Ubuntu especially is so well documented and help is available everywhere. It has its quirks, but unlike Windows, people have figured out those quirks and can help you through them. Stick with it! You'll be glad you did.
    Nah, give up. Linux is the worst. At work we had a computer that would auto-update and then never work again until you spent hours fixing it. Today I spent an hour trying to get files off of a computer. Not worth it. >_>