Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Breandryn said:
    If someone has abilities, unless that ability activates when they die, they are objectively less dangerous while dead.

She may be more HELPFUL while alive - either to assist town or to give us clues to bad guys through her actions - but she is not less dangerous.
    I think we gain more from having her alive - investigation target, tracking target, etc - than we do in offing her and just guessing at her motives and actions without confirmation. Easier to catch a non-stumped person in a lie.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    To clarify as well: I am reasonably comfortable assuming Vivet is currently town.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Okay. Derp. Reading through that game more closely, I realize that we won. I may be thinking of a different game where I went MIA. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    FWIW, we've given the Coroner someone to do up tonight, a No-Lynch might not be an inviable option. Unvote though to clear the way for Iosion's replacement. I don't like lynching or killing someone the day they start.

So our competing theories right now: Weiwae and Breandryn's similarity is a little too similar, Ileein's 3p, Cyndarin's pursuit of Ileein borders rabid, and a couple people are suspiciously quiet.
  • I'm still of the opinion that Cyndarin is wearing the Rat vibes for their pursuit of Ileein but that's just me
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Plus there's the whole Tamashi thing but that could be read a billion ways. Still doesn't sit right.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I don't really buy the idea that Vivet is less dangerous alive than dead, but I'm also a bit wary about her eagerness to be lynche
    I disagree with @Luce's suggestion that we do a no-lynch. We might as well pressure someone else.
    Daraius said:
  • So... duels?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I've been dragged out to an amusement park against my will, and likely will be out for most of the day. I'll echo shield if I see a duel declared when I get a chance between activities!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I've just been waiting to get challenged.

• I assume I can't challenge (my spellcards mention matches in cooldowns, so I think they're still on it), but let's try.

Vivet! I challenge you to a duel! Sacrificial Stratagem!
    Righto.

I accept your challenge, Ssaliss. We shall fight for resiliency, and you shall be met with Monkey Climbs the Tree.

• Also, if this doesn't work, you could always challenge me with it and I'll wager resilience.
    I'd like to weave an echo shield around Vivet! Down with the win streaks! 

Erk... cancel that if the duel is invalid, please!

• Sheesh... You guys do realise that I've only won a single duel that had any significance, right? And that duel was also against Vivet, who essentially invited me to win. I mean, when it comes down to it, both yourself and Luce has a bigger win streak than I do.
  • As the sun reaches it's apex, Tremula and Siam inform the rest that they've created a small, designated area for spellcard duels, in which they implore that people try to keep the destruction to a minimum. We're trying to repair the Hakurei shrine. Not destroy it again.

It is once more possible to engage in spellcard duels

As soon as the arena is open, Ssaliss makes his way over to Vivet in an attempt to engage her in a duel. Unfortunately, none of his cards have the energy to engage in a fight, and so no duel happens.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • @Vivet, feel like challenging me to a duel instead?
  • I will challenge Vivet to a duel
    Vivet, I challenge you to a duel using Sunspark!

As for the question about useful investigations, I think that is pretty obvious. Investigate somebody who is suspect, like Cyndarin or Vivet, or Falmiis who we don't have an idea of what name they might be, and not somebody who we already have plenty of information about like me or Synkarin.
    Basically, I think Ileein is trying to stall finding Rat.

Right now, I think Vivet is acting the most odd and I think she is trying a double bluff to avoid getting lynched. 
    Double bluff? You don't think she's the character she's claimed?
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    Well, to be fair, the very first post said that everyone had the potential to be scum, so even if she is who she claims to be, she could still be scum.
  • Sylandra said:
    I don't think she will eventually maybe become not town. I think she is not town now.
  • Weiwae said:
    Sylandra said:
    I don't think she will eventually maybe become not town. I think she is not town now.
    In that case, investigating Vivet will not be terribly useful for me. That doesn't mean there aren't quite a few people I'm curious about, however.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • ... Wouldn't that mean she's a great option for investigation?
  • Krackenor said:
    ... Wouldn't that mean she's a great option for investigation?
    For an alignment cop, yes. I am not an alignment cop. I learn only role and power. The two things that Weiwae has specifically not asserted as potential Bluffs.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Yeah that's why I was confused. Ileein stated he knew names, not alignment. Good to clarify all around.
    Daraius said:
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Vote count please? 

An fyi, I'm going away for a few days. Will still check in on phone but may be quiet and or slow to respond. 

@Ssaliss I will be happy to do so if I can still spellcard duel once Weiwae is done with me. I feel like it would be rather rude to just ignore them.

@Weiwae I get the feeling you are not just challenging for fun and giggles, and so might be disappointed if I take the route for exhibition. If that's fine with you, simply say so. Else, let me know what you would prefer to see as a wager. Additionally, would you wish to see a new spellcard for this duel?

Also, I can't help but feel that you've fallen a bit quiet of late, @Othero. Unsure of current proceedings, or simply wanting to see how things unfold before revealing your thoughts?

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Okay, make sure you duel in this 4mx4m arena, only!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback