Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

1100101102103104106»

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Having played a number of cult games, I think I liked the way they were handled here best. Godfathers had some special edges, but also had to work around each other/unseen town lines, and probably would have had a harder time if so many role names weren't revealed early.

• I had a lot of fun with genius role to, it was fun trying to brainstorm up the perfect questions to ask, think I did pretty well on that front. At the start I was actually more excited about commuter because I was honestly worried I'd get picked as an early target because I'm refusal to die in the pokemafia. Then I didn't even commute till night 5 haha.
  • Krackenor's articles were great.

I'm not sure how I could have played my role better. We had no verifiable allies for me to give stuff to do I spent a lot of the game feeling like I wasn't doing as much as I could, but unsure how I could do more safely. Sorry town, I messed things up for us. :(

Never played a game with stumping or duels before. I'm used to studying votes in vanilla games so I know I did pretty poorly. Sorry again, but thank you for letting me play! :)
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I really wish I'd waited on some of the conversions and played my innocence a lot... better, honestly. Innocence obviously, but mostly tying to pin down conversion targets and keep them safe to protect myself from suspicion and pick heavy powers. Luce was luck on our part, but Krackenor and a doctor seemed great jobs. I'd really like more experience as head mafia, so I'll be playing more.

As to stumping silence, I didn't think I could speak well enough to not accidentally implicate Krackenor and Luce, who did spectacularly. Many props!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    recruiting Krackenor was in itself a huge boon to the mafia I think. What a powerful townie role to have in the hands of the scum! I trusted him too, damnit. 

I feel bad that I legit started to lose excitement as the game dragged on. I had no idea if my hunches were right or way off and I did forget to send in my night action twice which sure didn't help the town. Very sorry about that. I admit I found it a bit frustrating as town to have no information (and also knowing nothing about the flavour) BUT that being said I really did enjoy the game. I just learned I really don't like stumping!

• Sidd's role was the best.

• He was the strongest AND the smartest.
  • I had a lot of fun writing the articles, and it was sheer luck that the ONE card battle I engaged in gave Tremula the information needed to recruit me (Sylandra was right all along about how risky those spellcards were). There was a lot of crazy luck in this game, a lot of it bad for mafia, and most of it caused by the hug monster. 

Seriously @Yarith! You have no idea how many times we desperately tried to get a kill and THERE YOU WERE.

• Ohh if your starting up a new one I wouldnt mind jumping on one, it seemed fun.
  • This game well and truly drained me. It'll be a long, long time until I host another game here. Not to worry though. There's a long list of others willing to run a game.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I loved my role and was frankly disappointed that I didn't get converted. I had the best arsenal of anti-town powers at my fingertips. :(

@Krackenor straight up bamboozled me. Props, man.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Veyils if you see me, @Sylandra, or @Kiradawea go crazy and try to host another long game, that'd be the time. These marathon 100+ page ones tend to be the craziest, but as Kira said, it takes a lot out of you to run one. With her spellcards and my pokemon, I don't know how Sylandra's eventually going to top us. Definitely keep playing, though, people love to see familiar faces!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    I don't think my games are that long! Longest one was Shakespeare, and that was because of jailer shenanigans. I prefer intensity over slow burn. The more lynches and the more deaths, the better. Muaha.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Was definitely a harder mafia game than other ones on this forum with how little information we were getting and while it did drag on a bit, as you said if the cults hadn't merged so early, we might have seen more  deaths and flips.

Thanks for hosting.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I like to think I wasn't doing too badly playing town before Synkarin happened, but things went on  so long I don't rightly recall much of the middle of the match.
  • edited December 2016
    Ushaara said:
    Should have listened to Cyndarin too. Off the traitor third parties early! Rawr!
    Sylandra said:
    Ps Celina was right, leaving third party around is just waiting for late game betrayals.
    NO ONE EVER BELIEVES CYNDARIN. SHE'S JUST A GRIEFER. NOOOOO.

But for real, what a tough role. I felt my arguments were pretty solid, and Ileein's arguments (IMHO) were pretty non substantive. I got kind of frustrated towards the end. Luce railing against my third party argument with non arguments threw up every red flag in the book, I wanted to RL throw shoes at all of you for it.

Unfortunately, once it was made clear that Rat god was in the game, a large number of people locked in on that and I couldn't pry them off that. I think the rat god role had sooooo much baggage from Vivet destroying everyone with her god mode powers in the previous game, once it was out that Rat-god was in the game, people became too paranoid against me to be successful.

I'm not sure if early aggression was the right call or not, but I just knew that the baggage from rat god in the previous game would make it impossible be aggressive in any way against Ileein once it came out. He would become de facto unkillable because they town would want him around to kill rat god. In Pollux vs rat god, the town would choose Pollux, and I wanted to avoid that.

It was fun though, I spent a lot of time putting my arguments together. It was a real thought exercise. 

Kill third parties. I told you so jerks.

I'm totally not Cyndarin.
    Yeah, I think if it had been Touhou roles instead of old mafia roles, it'd be way easier to get by. Your arguments were solid, tbf, and not listening to you cost town everything they loved. ;_;
    Daraius said: