Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Dawn arrives, and everyone returns to the ruined shrine grounds... everyone? Yes, everyone. It seems that none were eliminated tonight. That's the good news. The bad news is that with as few people that remain now, it is... very conceivable that today will be the final day of the reconstruction effort.

Welcome to Gensokyo's Day 10

Today's news:
    Welcome to MYLO
    It is possible that a mislynch today will lead to scum comprising half of town, and thus claim victory

<Today's copy of Bunbunmaru has been delivered by an irate looking crow>

HELLO LOYAL READERS <CAW> I WRITE TO YOU NOW FROM THE FIELD IN THE HOPES THAT MY CROW CAN PROVIDE YOUR MUCH DESIRED UPDATE <CAW> WE ARE SO CLOSE TO FINDING THAT DASTARDLY REIMU I CAN FEEL IT <CAW> CAN CONFIRM USHAARA VISITED LAVINYA THOUGH CANNOT DISCERN INTENTIONS BE THEY MALICIOUS BENIGN OR ROMANTIC <CAW> SAW A SUSPICIOUSLY VIVET-LOOKING SHADOW TRAILING ME ALL NIGHT HOW CURIOUS <CAW> NO MORE FOR NOW IT TOOK FAR LONGER THAN EXPECTED TO TEACH CROW TO REPEAT WORDS <CAW> UNTIL TOMORROW AYA SHAMEIMARU <CAW> PLEASE TIP THE CROW <CAW>

It is now day 10 in Gensokyo. With 7 about it's 4 to lynch.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Mmk so, who thought the Breandryn lynch was a good idea, because that came the hell out of nowhere.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    And lynching her was a terrible idea. Terrible terrible. FOR SHAME.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Hmm. I haven't targetted Krackenor once ever, so this is a very peculiar Bunbumaru for today. And how long ago was Lavinya eliminated, again?

@Lehki did you commute last night? If not, seems like we must have another arsonist or someone with an elimination method they can't use every night. I'm not sure what's up anymore.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I was eliminated the night previous to the one just gone.

Ahh, right. I was struggling to remember what was happening - he said he roleblocked, I think.
  • Remember, Vivet, if I use my power to both track and watch in the same night, I never get a boring result. So if nothing happens, I get a false positive.
  • Vivet said:

@Lehki did you commute last night? If not, seems like we must have another arsonist or someone with an elimination method they can't use every night. I'm not sure what's up anymore.

Or option 3... Who did @Ushaara block?
    Didn't we block Luce last night? Either mafia is Luce, or mafia is hoping we off Luce.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I blocked Synkarin. Figured since we were at risk of MYLO, the voteblock was too dangerous to leave in play if he was scum.

And, nope Luce wasn't blocked last night. I blocked Lavinya and Yarith said he didn't jail anyone.
    Oh wait, he was ability blocked. Forgot the duel thing and thought you meant the previous night...
    You blocked Synkarin to avoid a voteblock, I get that, but also... the vote block shows us whether or not Synkarin's acting at night. So, this is a move equally useful to town and to mafia.
    Daraius said:
  • I opted to ask a question and am glad I did.

I asked about the possibility of the two scums merging, and was told that in a scenario like we had right in the start(Tamashi recruited 1 then got lynched), that loner would have the option to join with the other group, and they could take up this offer at any point.

So they probably have taken up on that and we have 1 2-man scum rather than 2 1-man scum.

I'm a little confused by the MYLO though. The census showed us there was only 2 left, so shouldn't they need to get us down to 4 players to win? If they've only 1 night and we lose a town to lynch today and then night kill tomorrow, shouldn't they still need 1 more to win?
  • There's also a 3rd party player, isn't there? I think Kira may end the game when town is outnumbered in general.
    How did the Breandryn lynch start again? It feels a bit like a sudden whirlwind move, especially when Luce was the original target.
    Daraius said:
  • He had been on my shortlist of suspects (along with Ushaara and Lehki), but after discussion the vote train started with Ushaara and was followed by Lehki, me, and Synkarin, in that order
    I honestly don't know whether or not the mafia was blocked or if they chose not to act in the hopes of pinning blame on Luce/Synkarin. It could so easily go either way.

I think our best bet is trying to use Lehki's information to see who is acting the most collaborative against town's interests.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wanting to make a target of me makes sense, I'd be easy to push at this point.
  • Krackenor said:
    There's also a 3rd party player, isn't there? I think Kira may end the game when town is outnumbered in general.
    If that is the case, lynching Yarith could buy us another day. I'd rather see Luce or Synkarin lynched though, as that where I'm putting my money. Should have stuck to that yesterday. 
    Of the two, Luce would be more useful to lynch since he's nightkill proof, was blocked last night on a night there was no kills, and benefited the most from lynching Breandryn. But it feels very 50/50 odds.
    Daraius said:
  • Would also like to use duels to block whichever we don't lynch, but I won't be able to use my strong card until the next day, so I can't beat Luce again.

@Krackenor, who'd you target this time, btw?
  • edited December 2016
    From Tamashi's role.

"You're the Godfather of the Taoist mafia and win when your group composes half of the town."

If town is reduced to five and still has a third party, it would mean that the scum composes half of the town, and thus wins, hence MyLo. Mislynch today and fail to stop the mafia from eliminating tonight and scum wins.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Given the information we currently have, I'm more inclined to lynch Synkarin. Luce has been a suspect for a long time and subsequently has been blocked, tracked, or otherwise investigated with little to show for it. Also, i'm not exactly sure where the suspicion of him comes from aside from the oddness of his powers, but power flavor doesn't always indicate a side, especially in a conversion game. Synkarin, on the other hand, claims to have forgeten to use his power on the first day we had a normal kill. While it is certainly possible that this is the case, it is a very definite red flag that hasn't yet been lowered.

I'm also leaning towards the unlikelihood of the mafia declining to kill last night solely based on the risk involved. Since we're in MYLO, I think it's safe to that there are still 2 murderers out there. If Luce IS mafia, then declining to kill would be incredibly risky since he would be the prime lynch suspect the following day, with Ushaara's block target a distant second. There was also a not insignificant chance that Ush's block target would be the other killer. If Luce ISN'T mafia, the risk of Ushaara tagging one of the killers doubles. 

I'm going to apply Occam's Razor and say that they did try to kill and got blocked.

Vote Synkarin 

If we still want to keep an eye on Luce, Ushaara or I can target him tonight to make sure he stays honest.
  • To answer your question, @Lehki, I tracked you and watched myself.
    I've been wary of Synkarin's role for awhile. I'm ok with this train.
    Daraius said:
  • Krackenor said:
    Vote Synkarin 

If we still want to keep an eye on Luce, Ushaara or I can target him tonight to make sure he stays honest.
    Vote: Synkarin

Yeah, I'm guessing nobody has a card strong enough to beat Luce again, so suppose we'll have to go with that.  MYLO making me nervous though, kinda wish we could exploit duels to just block everybody, to be safe. I'm fine with taking a block too if that'll ease anybodies worries. Hrmmm, I guess with that in mind, @Vivet, you're out of one-shots right?

I challenge you to a spellcard duel! Let's end this game! Psychokinetic assault!
  • Mmhmmh, I feel rather wary of Synkarin as well, and did jail him last night. There was no murder when I was voteblocked.

Vote: Synkarin
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    I don't know if it's an aspect of Kira's no extra info rule raising its head again, but I would have thought that I would not have been able to block Synkarin if he was jailed?
    ! ! !
    Daraius said:
    Lehki said:I'm fine with taking a block too if that'll ease anybodies worries. Hrmmm, I guess with that in mind, @Vivet, you're out of one-shots right? 

I challenge you to a spellcard duel! Let's end this game! Psychokinetic assault!
    Yeah, I have no one-shots left and am basically vanilla. I would wager on abilities here, but @Kiradawea said a long way back that you can't wager something you can't lose - I guess I can try to make the wager just to prove my point, though. What'd you like to get out of this spellcard duel?