Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Yeah I get that suspicion, there's really not much can do to really prove anything I've said until we get a flip. At best we could kinda confirm commuter if somebody trusted wanted to try targetting me this night and I'll commute instead asking another question? Though I, obviously, thing we'd be better off looking at other people. 

I'm still suspicious of Luce mainly. The other day I was just saying that I didn't think he was one of original scum, who were my main interest at the time since they were probably easier to pick out than recruits who could still pose as town.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ok so, awkward but I forgot to use my power again. I saw the day end on my phone, thought to myself 'better send in my message when I'm on my computer' and then completely forgot until I got my elimination message. Yeah. I'm very sorry. It's not really helpful to town. So I wasn't doing anything to notice if I got blocked.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Womp womp.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Hey, I can't help that I don't take actions at night. I'd offer to let you guys stump me to prove it, but if we mislynch here we're in trouble.

Can we get a list of the vote trains and relevant confirmed actions for each day? We need information and that's probably the last bit of it we can get.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    So, not a lot to go on, unless whatever Krackenor might have to reveal gives us a plan of action?

I'm leaning toward lynching Yarith in the absence of a solid convert. Last census showed two saboteurs + outsider, and as Melali pointed out, if we're down to 6 in the next day phase, think eliminating the outsider variable to make it a 4 vs 2 may be the best option.

Other than that, we've been assuming remaining saboteurs are on opposite teams, but since we appear to only have one nightkill in play, I'm thinking of two possibilities:

a) Taoist convert was converted to the new group,
    b) there's a second arsonist.
    Lynching Yarith seems like the safest way to go in that he's third party seemingly, and that is unlikely to work as poorly as mislynching a town. Y/n?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm hesitant on Yarith because I feel like going for somebody we're fairly sure is not a recruit is just a bad move at this point.

Day 5: Othero: Luce, Lavinya, Ssaliss, Synkarin, Yarith, Sylandra, Krackenor, Weiwae, Lehki, Breandryn (10)

Day 6: No Lynch
    Luce: Ssaliss, Lavinya, Lehki (3)
    Tremula: Ushaara (1)
    Melali: Tremula (1)

Day 7: Tremula: Ushaara, Lehki, Synkarin, Lavinya, Vivet, Krackenor, Luce (7)
    Day 8: Melali: Lavinya, Luce, Synkarin, Krackenor, Breandryn (5)

Without flips is really hard to judge properly. But I'm gonna go under the assumption that Tremula was the Godfather still, and that Melali was innocent. We see Luce hoping on the end of the Bandwagon for Tremula when things were about done, and hoping on Melali right away Day 8, though to be fair we were all pretty suspect of Melali.

My feelings at this point about the last few phases

5: Synkarin - We know he targeted Yarith and is not last night's killer at killer, but he forgot to freeze somebody on the night Ssaliss died.
    6: Lehki - I'm innocent I swear ):
    7: Breandryn - Provided us with the Tome to get the extremely valuable Census report, though possible bringing up with a misplay on her part if she's scum
    9: Vivet - Krackenor saw her visiting Ushaara, when she claimed she was doctoring her, though we had no kill that night so possible she
    12: Ushaara - We actually don't have any evidence of what she's done the last 2 nights, which leaves me a little suspicious. 
    13: Krackenor - We've seen evidence of him using his town power every night, so he probably not the killer
    20: Luce - we got nothing on him by vote patterns.
    22: Yarith - likely the 3p, willing to believe this since no other 3p has tried to claim and it fits with all 3 outsiders being the 3p

So at the moment, my money is on 2 out of Luce, Ushaara and Synkarin. Leaning towards Luce and Ushaara as two seperate scum teams. With Ushaara as Taoist Convert that's been on their own since the start.
  • Yarith may be the safe choice, but all voting for him really does is kick the can down the road and hope we get a lucky break in the investigations. At this point, i'm suspicious of Lehki, Ushaara, and Breandryn, and in the interest of forward motion i'm going to 

Vote Lehki

I'm open to adjusting, but I just have a niggling feeling about our question-master.
  • Also, last night I watched myself and tracked Ushaara
  • You're guts wrong in this case, but sadly I have no solid proof to back it up.  I would be willing to vote for Ushaara though, if you agree she's suspect.
  • I'm not guilty, I've just never played a mafia game like this at all. The activity, duration and rules are all very overwhelming to me, so I've lost track and have been playing pretty horrible.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    *ahem*

Stumpy McStumpface over here going to chime in that on the day I was lynched, Luce was voting for *everyone* automatically. That's how he appears in both vote counts. @Lehki may have some valid points, and I super suspect Ushaara, but I've been pushing against Yarith since Day 2 soooooo. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    *ahem*

Stumpy McStumpface over here going to chime in that on the day I was lynched, Luce was voting for *everyone* automatically. That's how he appears in both vote counts. @Lehki may have some valid points, and I super suspect Ushaara, but I've been pushing against Yarith since Day 2 soooooo. 
    Sorry, no, that was on Day 5, when Othero was lynched.

Those vote counts I just posted were all from different days, except for the 3 from day 6 when we had a timeout no lync
  • Okay I messed up that link some how but the end of day post for day 5 is on page 82 if you want to go look. That's when Luce was voting for everybody.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Are we still assuming that Tamashi's dueling revealed people he could convert? If so, that puts me as a potential Taoist, which precludes me from the other mafia under that theory.

Anyway, either the Taoist was working alone from night 2 and vote patterns aren't going to help us find him/her (aside from day 1), or they weren't, at which point...I dunno, but the day 1 actions should give a hint, anyway. And the subsequent day2 blow-up. Voting pattern analysis would need to be to find the other member or members of Tremula's team.
    Whoops. My bad, Lehki, you got it. I vividly remembered Luce doing that at one point and got my days confused.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Lehki said:
    Okay I messed up that link some how but the end of day post for day 5 is on page 82 if you want to go look. That's when Luce was voting for everybody.
    Fixed the link here, you somehow had a www in there before the http://part.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I can totally understand the suspicions against me, since it's probably for the exact same reasons that I'm unsure about Krackenor/Lehki myself. Best convert play is to continue playing as a townie, which myself, Lehki and Krackenor (Breandryn too) have done.

Yes, Krackenor's tracking will show me targeting Lavinya tomorrow which is suspicious since she died, but all I have to respond to that is what has been already said... I blocked her on the reasoning that Melali didn't flip and we knew that she and Melali were blocked on a night there was no kill.

Still believe Tremula to have been a convert, so don't think there's much more I have to respond to there, but since Lehki is now seeming to want me targeted, inclined to believe Krackenor over Lehki. So I'm good with Yarith/Lehki lynch today personally.
  • My top pick is still Luce to lynch, was just hoping a common ground with Krackenor would get him off me for the moment, maybe. 
    Wait, why would you block her when she announced she'd be trying to use her rod on Siam? 

Tremula said:
    Wait, why would you block her when she announced she'd be trying to use her rod on Siam? 
    Didn't that already happen the night before?
    Daraius said:
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Yeah, the only reason we saw Siam's flip was due to the rod I thought, so that wasn't blocked?
    I thought she said she flat-out forgot to do something? Maybe I'm getting my days mixed up. It's been a very long week.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You got your nights mixed up Trem. I used the rod. The Ush blocked me two nights in a row.

• After giving it some thought, I no longer believe Ushaara killed Lavinya. He claimed to have blocked Lavi BEFORE she said that she didn't take any action, which would have been a needless risk and easily proven false if he hadn't in fact done so. This narrows my suspicions to just Lehki and Breandryn, so my vote stays for the time being.
  • Well's there's not much else I could say in my defense, besides that my whole questions claim would also be a really risky gambit if I was scum. I know I said before that my strategy last game was bold faced lieing, but I was essentially immune to death half of that game, and was backed into a corner on like day 2 by Vivet, so that was pretty much my only choice at the time.

One thing I'd like to suggest, regardless of who we lynch today, is use duels to block all of the suspicious folks. Won't definitively tell us anything if we get no kills at night, but can push things more under our control, I think. That might just drags things out longer, but still a viable option to consider.
  • Well since things haven't moved at all today.

Vote: Luce
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yeah - I'm going to get on board with Luce too. 

Comparing to Tamashi - both are immune to nightkills and seem to be really good at dueling. I'm better there is more to Luce's dueling than just being awesomesauce.

Vote: Luce

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I'm going to just let you kids sort this one out. @Luce if you're town we screwed. D:
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Could just duel me for ability. If someone has a really beefy card that can beat my second card, so that you can do it again tomorrow, oui?