Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Would like to finish this up.

Vote: Melali
  • Well that was a quick day.

My personal guess is that either one or both of the scum were in that lynch train.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ssaliss said:
    Well that was a quick day.

My personal guess is that either one or both of the scum were in that lynch train.
    Well they're likely not on the same team at this point, so yeah. I doubt they can intelligently work together since they don't know who each other is. (Where you at, Tamashi convert?)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Well...uh...huh. 

Anything we want Lehki to ask, for posterity?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I start my new job and you lot finish up the day before I can even get home. Fastest day I've seen in *ages*.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I think we are all just desperate to see some flips.

• Luce said:
    Well...uh...huh. 

Anything we want Lehki to ask, for posterity?

I was hoping to get some ideas on this as well, before night starts. I could try to confirm what powers converts get to access? I'm running on the assumption that they keep their orignal town powers + get the night kill.
    Probably. Would be good to ask, tho.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Quick day alright.

@Lehki Could maybe ask about the possibility of people's alignment flipping through means other than cult conversion? A la Diane/Lavinya flip to English side in the Reign game when Henry/Silvanus was killed?
  • From the way Kira's restricted what I can ask, I doubt she'd confirm any specific examples like that, but the first part yeah that I could ask.

Both are good options, I think. Getting some confirmation about the powers of the enemy we know, or making sure there are no more potential enemies out there.
  • Vote count:

Melali:
    Lavinya, Luce, Synkarin, Krackenor, Breandryn (5)

With 10 volunteers, 9 capable of a vote it's 5 to lynch.

That's a lynch.

The day has barely begun before everyone almost instantly turns on Melali. Before he can even get a chance to defed himself against the votes, he is voted off. With an angry growl he stomps off, cracking the ground in the process while proclaiming that the Moriya shrine probably got better booze anyway!

It is now night 8. Night 8 lasts for 48 hours, or until I've received all night actions.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Dawn is approaching. Results of night actions are being sent out.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited November 2016
    Dawn arrives, but with it comes depressing news. Namely the sad realisation that Lavinya is no longer with us. During the night, she went away... to look for treasure because that is far more interesting and fun than repairing some dusty old shrine. Unfortunately, this also means that the saboteurs are getting braver. A tense unease hangs over the construction efforts, because deep down they know that... things are getting quite dicey... but at least the tenseness is eased somewhat by a misplaced and incredibly loud sneeze coming from Yarith.

Welcome to Gensokyo's Day 9

Today's news:
    Yarith is unable to make a vote.
    Lavinya has been eliminated.
    We are approaching the endgame. A mislynch today may lead to an endgame tomorrow.

Finally, a copy of today's Bunbunmaru news has been delivered to the shrine for everyone to read.

---------

No time to write now, loyal readers, for I am late for an appointment with one of my sources! Hopefully they will be able to help us put this matter to rest once and for all and punish the true culprit. For now, know that I last saw Vivet pay a visit to Ushaara and Melali head out for drinks with Yarith. 

To make up for such an uninteresting article, please enjoy one of my favorite pieces of music instead. Ta for now!

Until tomorrow,
    Aya Shameimaru
    ________

It is now day 9 in Gensokyo. With 8 volunteers, 7 capable of a vote it's 4 to lynch.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    So, we didn't really learn anything else. Bummer.

Mm, this is going to be a tough day, I think.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Anyone have any ideas or theories at all?
    Dang I really thought that Melali would flip. Not sure who to push for at this point.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    @Lavinya Did you learn anything or get to use your item thing last night? You mentioned trying it in the Twilight, maybe it'll give us something?
  • I was not, and am not a saboteur. I win when all the threats to the shrine are gone.
  • Okay, that proves that I'm not scum, since if I were, we would not be almost losing.

This also implies that their is still one 3rd party left. At the last census, there were 2 Mafia and 1 non-Tohou (3rd party?). Thus, if you lynch 1 Town and the Mafia also kill 1 Town, then there will be 6 people total, with 3 Town and 3 non-Town.

We really should look at lynch trains and people's reasoning on why they lynched.
    I found a treasure map under my pillow and ran off to find it so I don't think the flavour there reveals much.

• So we're not mylo right now, but could be tomorrow?  
    Melali said:
    This also implies that their is still one 3rd party left. At the last census, there were 2 Mafia and 1 non-Tohou (3rd party?). Thus, if you lynch 1 Town and the Mafia also kill 1 Town, then there will be 6 people total, with 3 Town and 3 non-Town.
    If you believe what I've been saying about 2 mafia groups, it would imply that we could be losing 2 people to mafia kill's each night. I'm actually being to question that now though, because we still haven't seen 2 kills at once. Maybe the 2 groups merged at some point? I might ask about that next, actually. Also I'm assuming that Yarith is the last third party based on his description of his reported energy limit.

What I did ask last night was what powers recruited scum have. Was told that they get the night kill and night talk(not the recruit power), and that they do keep their original power. They can't use their power and the kill on the same night. So why don't we get a rundown of what everybody did and see what we can confirm.

We know that Synkarin was not last night's killer at least, since he seems to have targeted Yarith. That was Synkarin, right?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    The vote block worked on Yarith this time, does that mean all his action shots are used up and alignment could have flipped? Did you say you tried before and it failed Synkarin?

I blocked Lavinya last night since I thought when Melali didn't flip, with no death the previous night when she was also blocked it could be her. So possible they went after Lehki previous night but missed because of commuter?

No trust from Ushaara, wow. I thought we had something special. 

• I think he had said that he needed to spend points to activate it. I'm guessing he's low enough on points that it's not worth it to spend the points on.
  • Yeah. I didn't act last night. No jails, no nothing.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    A few nights back, when Ssaliss was eliminated, Ush had blocked me, so I guess that helps solidify what we know otherwise.

Need to go to work shortly, but will contemplate what to do when I can.

Yarith said:
    Yeah. I didn't act last night. No jails, no nothing.
    While this is possible, it also means Yarith doesn't have an alibi a night someone was offed.
    Daraius said:
    Something else interesting to note - there were no visible moon rabbits this time around. Lavinya's elimination seems to be of a flavour more similar to what Sanae had in her arson power. Most curious.
  • So right now, we have Ushaara who admits to visiting Lavinya for blocking purposes, Synkarin who clearly tagged Yarith, Lehki who claims to have asked a question, and Yarith who claims to have done nothing. In the meantime, Vivet says she's out of charges while Luce and Breandryn claim no night actions. On my end, I used my power to the full extent; I think I'm allowed to tell you who I targeted, but I want to confirm with Kira first.

@Lavinya , did you try to use your power last night like you were talking about yesterday, and did you see Ushaara's blocking text prior to your elimination? 

As of now, I'm a bit iffy on Lehki due to the difficulty of verifying what he's claiming. It's not a strong distrust, but I don't have much else to go on right now.
    No, I get that, especially since the questions are hard to justify late-game. They were useful earlier when we needed to know things, but it's something he couldn't figured out thanks to being a mafia himself. That's valid.
    Daraius said: