Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Luce said:
    Could just duel me for ability. If someone has a really beefy card that can beat my second card, so that you can do it again tomorrow, oui?
    Would still need to pick somebody to lynch today though.

I'd be okay with getting blocked if I don't get lynched today, though I do wanna ask about the possibility of the scum groups merging.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Two that make the most sense to me are Synkarin and Ush. ⑨ has been acting odd all game, and was one of the people Tamashi revealed during his day in the limelight, and Ush has been blocking someone we know has a rechargable coroner power. Even if he didn't make the kill that's suspect in and of itself.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Luce said:
    Two that make the most sense to me are Synkarin and Ush. ⑨ has been acting odd all game, and was one of the people Tamashi revealed during his day in the limelight, and Ush has been blocking someone we know has a rechargable coroner power. Even if he didn't make the kill that's suspect in and of itself.

Wait, what? Lavinya's power is/was rechargeable? I thought it was one-use.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Was under the impression from the conversation yesterday that the item was reusable every couple of days? Could be mistaken, but I could have sworn she was implying that she could have used it again, hence knowing Ush blocked her.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    If Lavinya's coroner rod was a rechargeable thing rather than a 1-shot, then that's news to me. She had already used the rod before I blocked her.

But yep, spinning me blocking Lavinya as fishy is clutching at straws, or just not following what has already been posted.

Once again, the sequence and reasoning for my blocking Lavinya twice in a row:

- I picked up the tome that allowed me to take another census
    - That night I blocked Lavinya, since she was a confirmed thief and if she was scum could potentially steal the tome to prevent the census.
    - No night deaths that night. Lavinya claimed she forgot to send in a night action. Melali was jailed by Yarith. We lynch Melali who doesn't flip, suggesting that he was town.
    - I block Lavinya again, since no deaths on a night only Melali/Lavinya were blocked made them possible killers, and the 'I forgot to night act' defense is hardly a great alibi.
    - Lavinya dies and doesn't flip.

So rather than last night, I'd suggest figuring out the previous night may be more helpful, since we can now assume the two people blocked were town, yet we still had no nightkill..

Synkarin - VOTEBLOCK VIVET
    Lehki - COMMUTER
    Breandryn -
    Vivet - PROTECT USHAARA
    Ushaara - BLOCK LAVINYA
    Krackenor - TRACK MELALI/WATCH USHAARA
    Luce -
    Yarith - JAIL MELALI

Luce did nothing the previous night according to Krackenor's tracking, so quite possible the no night action is consistent.

Lack of kill could be perhaps because a) they targeted Lehki, b) Vivet's protection of me worked but Kira's no-info rule extends to only informing the killer their attack failed, c) they targeted Melali, or d) there's a second arsonist.
    Oh, hmm. Krackenor, did you track Melali or Yarith that night? Following news report says they went for drink together, but bit ambiguous in who is tracking who there.

If you tracked Melali, then bit weird it worked if Yarith's claim of jailing Melali is true.

Also, possibility (e) for lack of deaths - Luce's nightkill immune.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I mean...It's not like I made a secret of that fact? There's a chance they took a shot at me to test it, but that seems like not a great idea at that stage. I'm going to go digging when I get home.
    Easy mistake to have made though, given the length and size of the game. An easy claim to have forgotten about with everything else going on!

Now starting to lean toward lynching Breandryn by process of elimination...
    Between Breandryn and Luce, I'd lynch Luce. His power seems more to be built into godfatherdom. Unless we want to go by the Tremula-is-the-godfather theory, which I could also buy.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • How is there any suspicion towards me? I publicly demonstrated who I was with the shop sale. Are you suggesting a scum or cultist was a merchant, because that role seems very overpowered to give to a non town. I've been transparent about every detail asked - if I had been converted would I do that or help with things like the coroner report? I could have lied or omitted items but instead I reported all I had so we could work together. Throwing me up as a suspect is either scum deflection or confusion and not wise for town to follow since I still have items.
    It is true that Breandryn has been very cooperative. If I were her and converted, I'd give false information about some of the items, or outright choose to sell only the least useful ones.

Hnng, but this is the thing, sometimes town players (Melali, Siam) don't play in ways that encourage us to believe they are town, making them easy mislynches that make the riskier late-game lynches harder to agree to.

(Ps: Y'all, this game is going 4 months long. We are in the desert parched and dry of information. Every lynch target is a shining mirage and we just can't figure out which one is the real deal. T_T)
    Daraius said:
    As I said, process of elimination is making me look more closely at you. Your own, Luce's and Lehki's actions on the no-kill night are the trickiest to account for. But I believe Luce in not having any night actions, as that's been his word since the start and everything we've learned fits that claim. Lehki has also appeared more proactive in trying to figure things out, so gains some leeway.

But in a game with conversions, can't just say 'role would be overpowered for non-town' or 'would I do that if I was cult'. Don't think you started as a cult, and there's a good possibility we eliminated the second cult leader already, but playing as town-like as you can is your best chance if you have been converted given how otherwise information starved we are. You were outed as the shopkeeper early, and refusing to sell the items or giving false information that Lavinya may have caught you out on through a theft are just as valid reasons for complying with town.

I'll nail my colours to the mast,

Vote Breandryn
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    See - Luce's night actions could have been recruiting. Did anyone watch him last night? or two nights ago?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I wish I were converted. I'd have more to do, then. Lavinya was my only "safe" person to give items to, so I've just been giving them to her (which we've now lost). 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I was jailed, watched, and/or blocked on a couple of occasions and never knew. I feel like someone confirmed I have no night actions some other way, but I can't remember who so I won't swear to that. I HAVE been maintaining that I have no night actions but am immune to nightkills since day 2 or so, and my logic at the time holds true now as well: I'm rubbish at lying and I've been caught out every time I've done so in the past.
    As much as I love being able to post while stumped, I would honestly trade that right now to see some lynch flips. I think so much of mafia is about figuring out which hunches were right and which were wrong via lynch reveals. It's insanely difficult to analyze a lynch train based on "I mean, I don't know, he seemed scummy, right?" :(
    Daraius said:
  • Ushaara pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as my suspicion of @Breandryn goes. In addition, it feels like you have managed to be quiet and skirt under the radar for much of the game. This very well could be because you're unsure of how to proceed, but it's also a good way for the mafia to avoid detection. 

I'm still suspicious of Lehki, but I'm fine with a Breandryn lynch if we want to go that way instead.

@Synkarin: As far as Luce goes, I tracked him two nights back and he just puttered around his room all night.
  • I'm not going to throw myself under the bus because that's unfair to town, but I'm also not going to make a huge fight against lynching me because I'm pretty confused and lost in this game. I've never played a game with stumps and never heard of flipping until this game. I don't feel like I can really do anything clever or analytical so I've just been following the lead of others. I am town, but I'm really only useful for my items which you'll lose if you lynch me. 

If I hold the rest in self defense that will seem guilty. If I sell them then I'll be seen as liquidating them for other cultists (is it a cultist I'm supposed to be?). Not really sure what else to say or do, but I do wish the town luck.
  • That's actually some fair points about Breandryn, I'd be willing to switch my vote too. And if we're going to do that I'm going to

Challenge Luce to a Spellcard Duel! Gun Sign: You have one shot!

Accept it and bet your ability, I can beat your Wrath or your Dolls.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I accept your duel Lehki! We duel for ability! Dolls of Passion and Peace!
  • Ho'kay! I'm done for finishing this day then.

Unvote
    Vote: Breandryn

And just a few things I wanna point out.

@Ushaara I don't think we have another arsonist around. And we at least know that that's not what killed Ssaliss and Lavinya, because when the Zitto ignited the mod message said "Weiwae, Sylandra and Falmiis have all been eliminated by arsonist ignition" so it should be clear if another arsonist strikes.

@Synkarin Based on what we saw from Tamashi's autopsy(that she could only recruit 2 people) and from the first 2 censuses(went from 4 total scum to 6) that it's pretty safe that there's no more recruitment going on.
  • Alrighty then:

Unvote
    Vote Breandryn

I've got my eye on you, questioner buddy...
  • You'll be given quiet an exciting show as I quietly do research on Gensokyo to unveil more hidden truths. 
  • Well, I know I'm innocent, so I'm fairly certain at least one of the people voting for me is scum trying to deflect attention from themselves.

Vote: Lehki
  • Though to clarify I'm intending to ask about the possibility of other late game threats popping up, assuming Breandryn does flip. If she doesn't I'll ask about the possibility of the two scum groups merging into one.
    We know we have at least two scum right? That means the other scum could potentially have done the nightkill while Luce did nothing.

I'm  just saying we have some pretty crazy powers going on for me to be convinced that Luce is only nightkill immue and just badass at spellcards. I'm not buying it and I'm not sure why you guys are.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin seems oddly defensive of Luce. But the scum don't know who each other are, right? They're different teams. So that might not even mean anything. Blugh.
    Daraius said:
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Whoah whoah. You guys are nuts to vote Breandryn. Like, really? 

I can confirm she gave me items. Also my rod was one off, no idea where you got the idea it wasn't from. ALSO. I don't blame Ush for blocking me, it actually made sense. It's a terrible alibi (and an embarrassing one) that I didn't use my powers twice. I had a bunch of nifty things to use too.

Anyway, I didn't flip so that has got to be serious confirmation that I'm not scum. I'm very very strongly inclined to believe Breandryn is also innocent, as yes she gave me things to use to help the town. What has Luce done for the town? Pushing a vote on Breandryn seems to be a really un-town thing to do.

Sylandra said:
    Synkarin seems oddly defensive of Luce. But the scum don't know who each other are, right? They're different teams. So that might not even mean anything. Blugh.
    defensive? I want to lynch him!

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Meanwhile, us stumps:

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."