Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Vote: Synkarin
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    WAIT A SECOND is that a lynch already? GUYS WTF, omg.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Facepalm.
    So yeah Luce is definitely worrisome and I'm gonna guess is mafia based on that ninja-vote.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    @Kiradawea, if you please :smile:
    Y'ALL BETTER MAKE GOOD CHOICES
    Daraius said:
    Ushaara said:
    I don't know if it's an aspect of Kira's no extra info rule raising its head again, but I would have thought that I would not have been able to block Synkarin if he was jailed?
    Also we never got this answered. :( Gah. 
    Daraius said:
  • Yes @Vivet, I would like that point proven, if possible.

Luce's smugness makes me feel like we just messed up. =/

Hey @Yarith, you got any points left for tonight?
  • Not really. I can vote once more, that's it.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I just realized that my phone autocorrected my own vote on my lynch day to Lehki from Luce. Not that it would have done anything, but I totally did think he was guilty.
  •  ... God damn it.
    K, it might be a little late now but I can try to go through the motions.

I accept your challenge, Lehki. We fight for Ability - Monkey Climbs the Tree

• Yah cus, I had missed that "you can't bet what you don't have" thing, so if true that's kind of a huge red flag that Luce was able to yesterday.  Shoulda stuck too my gut these last two days. ):
    The fact last dayphase veered to Breandryn to deflect from Luce should've been a red flag, too. Sigh.
    Daraius said:
  • Lesson learned, never trust Ushaara.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Luce, you big sneaky sneak. Now comes the WIFOM of whether you/accomplice will perform the kill this phase.

Also, if I were scum that'd be game over since there'd be no way to block the kill tonight!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think I was wagering my last word, actually.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Also, just throwing this out there, but if I were third party, I'd say so during this twilight
    Luce said:
    Also, just throwing this out there, but if I were third party, I'd say so during this twilight
    FYI if you're town you're playing town really, really badly.

Unless Synkarin miraculously flips scum.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    =( Words hurt
    SO DO SNEAKY NINJA VOTES, LUCE, SO DO SNEAKY NINJA VOTES

Daraius said:
  • (Man. Guys, I figured you'd spend some time debating what might be the final day of the game. Oh well.)

Votecount:

Synkarin:
    Krackenor, Lehki, Yarith, Luce (4)

With 7 about it's 4 to lynch. That's a lynch!

As the day goes on, a lot of suspicion is leveraged towards Synkarin. No one was frozen on the night of the first elimination. Ushaara proclaims to have stopped Synkarin from acting last night too, and there were no eliminations then. And with Yarith hugging him too. Tethering on the edge of elimination, the group decides that they should discuss among themselves and at least see who they can get blocked for the night. Until suddenly Luce shows up with Keine in tow. Luce points out Synkarin, and Keine nods. "You!" Poor Synkarin leaps in surprise and turns his head slooowly. And as soon as he sees Keine, he cries out "surprise snowball attack!", flings a clod of snow towards her and starts running in the opposite direction. Keine is much too fast though. She dodges the snowball and then grabs Synkarin by the scruff of his neck, dragging him off with her. "I finally found you. Your math homework is so overdue."

"No. No. Let me go!!! Eye'm the smartest. I don't need to go to school. I am already the bestest at math!"

"Okay? Then tell me. A bus with just a busdriver picks up two people at the Human Village, picks up another four at the Hakurei shrine, then drops of three at Eientei. How many people are on the bus?"

"But. But. But." Synkarin whines as the two disappear down the stairs. "There are no buses in Gensokyo!"

It is now night 10. Night 10 lasts for 48 hours, or until I've received all night actions.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

• In other words. Dawn is approaching. Results of night actions are being sent out.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • When this all began, I don't think anyone expected this to drag on for so long. And yet, here we are. Eleven days after the initial destruction of the shrine, things are rather... bad. What was once twentytwo has been whittled down to just six individuals remaining. And though all are still under the curse of the Seed of Unknown Form, at this point everyone has at least proclaimed a role.

Ushaara, proclaiming himself the most righteous judge of Xanadu. Yama of Gensokyo and a motormouth beyond compare. Eiki Shiki!
    Krackenor, proclaiming himself as Aya, the perfunctory paper purveyor of politics and propaganda.
    Vivet, proclaiming herself as Kasen Ibaraki. Wise hermit and friend to all animals.
    Luce, a name thought cursed to early death as the immortal and capricious phoenix Mokou of the Fujiwara clan.
    Lehki, a visitor from beyond Gensokyo who styles herself an expert on occult matters under the name Sumireko Usami.
    And lastly Yarith. A bumbling oaf with seemingly little common sense or presence.

Two of these hope to keep the Hakurei shrine broken still. Any more and this would already be over. Any less and today would not be so very intense.

Welcome to Gensokyo's day 11. This is the final day (probably)

Today's news:
    Welcome to LYLO
    If scum is not lynched today, they will win.

Finally, a copy of today's Bunbunmaru news has been delivered to the shrine for everyone to read.

------
    It is time once again, loyal readers, for the annual poetry edition of Bunbunmaru! I have kindly selected three of my favorite submissions from this past year and printed them for your pleasure. All were written by yours truly, of course...who else has such a command of the language to produce such beauty?

Lehki the scholar
    So sure of his stealthy ways
    hid outside Viv's room

Cirno was pleased as could be
    for now she was finally free
    she gathered her frog, went out in the fog
    And for some reason visited me.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Reimu's not here
    Perhaps neither are you
    ---

It is now day 11 in Gensokyo. With 6 about it's 4 to lynch.
  • Sylandra said:
    Y'ALL BETTER MAKE GOOD CHOICES
    I'm guessing somebody made a good choice
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Well I got jailed which I realise makes me look suspicious with the lack of a night kill, but yeah, all I have is that I'm town, and the lack of nightkills has thrown me all game and clearly continues to do so.

So since I wasn't blocking, options are i) killer targeted me, prevented by jailing ii) killer targeted Lehki who was commuting? iii) i'm the killer and was blocked by the jailing iv) other...

Confused by the LyLo since mislynch puts us at 3 vs 2, and I'd still have chance to successfully block in night phase to keep a shot at town majority? Unless killer is immune to roleblock? Hmm.

Also confused by tracking report on Cirno, who I had blocked.
    It might be useful to point out that Lehki mentioned other third parties besides what we apparently saw in Ratatoskr and Pollux.

So, if anyone has a non-mafia/non-town win condition, might be useful to know at this stage. Though it obviously would have been better to mention it earlier, if such did exist and could explain our imbalance!

Not really sure what to make of Aya's poems today either. Anyone got any ideas?

• Poetry translation, courtesy of the laureate: I saw Lehki visit Vivet, I saw Synkarin visit me, I wanted a third poem to round it out and chose Reimu. Keep in mind the nature of my power, however.

Which brings me to Ushaara actually.

@Ushaara: Dude, you just keep turning up in suspicious and inconvenient places, don't you? You claim to block Lavinya the turn she dies, you start the train on Breandryn (which I fully admit I believed at the time), you block Synkarin for curious reasons when seeing whether or not he actually acted would have proved incredibly useful, and now you're jailed in a turn when no death occurs. And now you're trying to raise questions about my findings even though I've explained on multiple occasions what the risks are of me utilizing my power fully. That's a lot of coincidences to try and explain away.
  • I'm at work right now and don't have time to post properly but just want to say, please NOBODY vote just yet. Give us a bit of time to talk before somebody drops the last vote to end it.
  • Voting aside, I want Luce shut the fuck down again. Maybe even all of us like you suggested yesterday @Lehki... You have your strong card back, yes?