Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• I'll just take solace in that I totally called Tremula being Godfather. Though maybe I should have let the bandwagon on Luce that day continue on.
  • Also, on the topic of full disclosure, I was lying about the specifics of my power. I always had the risk of false positives, got the results immediately, and had no obligation to first report it on the newspaper. I just never knew what was true or not until the day after!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    And I was mostly telling the truth. I really did start as town and got recruited by a lucky shot in the dark, but had no powers the majority of the game. Only thing I lied about was what my last word did. Was on the watch for a lie detector. Plus I'm bad at lying.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Why were there so few nightkills? That threw me for a loop especially with how few actual flips we saw.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Hooooooorrible luck. 
  • For being instrumental in our endgame, Yarith was a massive pain in the butt earlier on.
  • I still don't understand what is going on.
  • Sylandra said:
    Huh so Weiwae and Ssaliss were innocent.
    Well... obviously I was? I did get killed by the scum, after all.
  • Breandryn said:
    I still don't understand what is going on.
    I'm guessing this is what everyone thinks is going to happen: Lehki, Krackenor and Yarith are voting for Ushaara, which puts him at three out of the four needed votes. I'm guessing Luce's power will actually either kill him or simply make it impossible for him to vote, which either way would put the needed votes at three, which means a lynch for Ushaara. At that point, there's no one able to prevent them from getting another kill on either Lehki or Vivet, making it one scum, one town and one third person, which means that scum now consist of half of town, meaning scum wins.

If, of course, Lehkis two-day cooldown means it's still on cooldown, none of that will actually take place, and town is free to lynch either Krackenor or Luce, which will bring town the win. I also don't see that as an impossibility, since my one-match cooldown on my cards meant that I could use it in one match, and had to have one match in between to recharge it. So... yeah. If that's the case, then odds are the scum will lose :D
  • Did you ever hit my commute? 
  • And in the extension of the above... I'd actually suggest that all three town vote for Luce at this point. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, people!
  • If we're screwed by cooldown confusion, then I'm going to point to the fact that Luce has Vote Ushaara in bold in one of his posts (context notwithstanding), and with Ushaara voting for himself that's the necessary 4
  • Oh, I actually missed Ushaara voting for himself. Yeah, that'd cinch it for scum. Can't say I mind too much really, it was pretty well-played!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Luce said:
    Hooooooorrible luck. 
    Oh, okay, so you targeted the jailed people. That makes sense. Wow that sucks.

@Ssaliss I couldn't remember how you died! It's a long game, my memory is on the fritz.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ssaliss said:
    And in the extension of the above... I'd actually suggest that all three town vote for Luce at this point. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, people!
    Yeah, really, @Ushaara, unvote and make them work for their win! 
  • Nooooo laaaaaaaaate
  • ...tooooooo laaaaaate
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ugh. Well played. 

• I'd say we have until that duel resolves!
  • Never gonna give up and will pry victory from the jaws of defeat if it's the last thing I do!
  • I don't blame you! But actions are resolved in the order received, and votes are very much an action. Just because Kira hasn't resolved everything yet doesn't mean that an unvote will wipe away the previous vote
  • Whomp there it is
  • edited December 2016

Touhou mafia Rolelist:

Scum:

Byakuren Hijiri: Buddhist Godfather (Tremula)

Miko: Taoist Godfather (Tamashi)

Sanae: Jealous Arsonist (Iosion)

Byakuren Hijiri:

You're Byakuren, head honcho of the Myouren Temple. This buddhist temple is dedicated to the youkai of Gensokyo, and is a safe haven for youkai to learn how to live with and interact with humans. This puts you somewhat at odds with the Shrine Maiden, Reimu, as well as the Taoist Toyosatomimi no Miko. So now that the Hakurei shrine has been destroyed, it may be a good idea to... delay the repairs. Just a bit. The shrine maiden can repair the shrine on her own in due time, and the destruction of the shrine wasn't anyone's fault really, so why should they bother to help out? If you can just convince a few others to help you, then this little bout of mischief might actually pay off.

You're the Godfather of the Buddhist mafia and win when your group composes half of the town.

Your abilities are:

Conversion: You can convince up to two other characters from the following list to join your mafia.

Cirno

Yuugi

Mima

Shinki

Mamizou

Yuuka

You can attempt a conversion once per night, and if the target is one of those six, they will join your team as a mafia member. Conversion is unblockable, but traceable.

Investigation: If you fight someone in a spellcard duel, you'll get a brief glimpse of who they are beneath the Seed of Unknown Form. If they're a target for conversion, you'll identify their role-name. If not, you will only realize that they are not someone you can convert.

Disguise: You know that Kyouko Kasodani is not here, and so it is safe for you to create a bluff that you're actually Kyouko.

Elimination: Every night after the first, you may choose to eliminate a weak player. The player will be informed of the attack, which takes the form of a spellcard duel that you'll automatically win if the target isn't somehow protected. They will not know the spellcard declared for the duel, only that they were attacked.

Stage 6 boss: You're immune to danmaku based eliminations.

Lotus Shield/Echo shield: Once per day you may shield someone other than yourself, granting them a +3 to all spellcard duels where they are the defender. You may choose to disguise this as something Kyouko could do, if you wish.

Spellcards:

Sutras of the gate (7): Streamer, no cooldown

Recitation of blessings (9): Scatter, 1 match cooldown

Reflection of Buddha's diamond (11): Laser, 2 day cooldown

---

Toyosatomimi no Miko

You're Miko. Leader of the Taoist hermits.A peaceful leader who seeks to govern and lead humanity towards greatness. There's just that issue of that annoying shrine maiden who refuses to take her duties seriously, making friends with humans and youkai alike. There's also Byakuren, the Buddhist magician who tried to deny you your resurrection... but she's not really relevant now. With Reimu's shrine broken, it would be... beneficial to interrupt the repairs. After all, time the shrine maiden has to spend repairing the shrine on her own is time spent not interfering with you. You'll just have to get a few people to help you with your sabotage.

You're the Godfather of the Taoist mafia and win when your group composes half of the town.

Conversion: You can convince up to two other characters from the following list to join your mafia.

Alice

Mokou

Marisa

Sumireko

Kasen

Rinnosuke

You can attempt a conversion once per night, and if the target is one of those six, they will join your team as a mafia member. Conversion is unblockable, but traceable.

Investigation: If you fight someone in a spellcard duel, you'll get a brief glimpse of who they are beneath the Seed of Unknown Form. If they're a target for conversion, you'll identify their role-name. If not, you will only realize that they are not someone you can convert.

Disguise: You know that Seiga Kaku is not here, and so it is safe for you to create a bluff that you're actually Seiga.

Elimination: Every night after the first, you may choose to eliminate a weak player. The player will be informed of the attack, which takes the form of a spellcard duel that you'll automatically win if the target isn't somehow protected. They will not know the spellcard declared for the duel, only that they were attacked.

Stage 6 boss: You're immune to danmaku based eliminations.

Manipulation: Listening to the desires of others, you're able to urge others to do things they might not want. Once per day, and only once per person, you can force someone to challenge someone else to a spellcard duel, or you can force someone to accept the challenge. If you know their spellcards you can force them to use a particular one. If not, a spellcard will be chosen randomly. If you've commited to the role of Seiga, the flavour text will change a little to accomodate this disguise.

Spellcards:

Secrets of the Tao (7): Scatter. No cooldown.

Spirits of human desire (9): Streamer. 1 match cooldown

Raining Light of Humanity (11): Scatter. 2 turn cooldown

---

Sanae Kochiya

You're a good girl aren't you Sanae? Shrine Maiden, Minor Diety, that annoying girl who sticks her nose everywhere, desperate to be relevant. Wait, did I say that out loud? Aaaanyway, with the destruction of Reimu's shrine, all attention once more turn to that red and white butterfly. This is an annoyance that just won't stand. So they want to help rebuild the shrine for her? We're not gonna have any of that. You'll just curse everyone so they won't be willing, or able, to help out.

You're the arsonist of the Moriya Shrine. You win when both town and mafia have been eliminated.

Stage 5 boss: You have a one shot elimination immunity from any source, including lynches.

Moriya Shrine Conspiracy: Once per night, you can craft a specific plot that'll keep your target occupied. This will prime them for elimination. Once you have at least one plot prepared, you can choose to release all prepared plots during a night. All the prepared individuals will scramble to fix whatever chaos it is you've caused. This counts as a nightkill, and you will learn when preparing a plot if your target is immune to night-kills or not.

Miracles of the Earth and Heavens: You can miraculously get help from Suwako and/or Kanako. Once in the game per goddess you can post Suwako/Kanako, help me! in bold. They'll add their vote to yours for the rest of the day, essentially giving you a two-shot extra vote.

Spellcards:

Giant Catfish Earthquake (9): Scatter, One day cooldown

Thundering Carp Storm (9): Laser, One day cooldown

Thaumaturgic Miracle (6): Scatter, no cooldown

Town:

Cirno: Voteblocker (Useless annoyance) (Synkarin)

Marisa: Spellcard investigator (Weiwae)

Alice: Universal Backup (Ssaliss)

Mokou: Superior Spellcard duelist/Unkillable miller (Luce)

Yuugi: Nightkill immunity investigator/vig (Melali)

Shou Toramaru: Mason/Rolestopper (Siam)

Nazrin: Mason/Treasure hunter (Lavinya)

Rinnosuke: Inventor (Breandryn)

Mima: Executioner (Sylandra)

Shinki: Doctor (Falmiis)

Mamizou: Busdriver (Kalaneya)

Eiki: Roleblocker (Ushaara)

Yuuka: Strongman (Othero)

Aya: Tracker/Watcher Newspaper reporter (Krackenor)

Sumireko: Commuter / Genius (Lehki)

Kasen Ibaraki: Jack of all Trades / Petmaster (Vivet)

Cirno

Eye am the strongest! Cirno. Strongest fairy of Gensokyo. Freezer of frogs. Winner of all things hide and seek! And general idiot of the highest degree. Someone blew up the Hakurei shrine. It wasn't you, but it was fun to watch nonetheless. Now people are repairing the place. Maybe you should stick around and provide assistance (read: be a nuisance). After all, how do they plan to get anything done without the great Cirno to help them?! And they'll know you're there. Oh they'll know. Because you just can't hide your presence, can you?:

You start the game as town and win when all threats to the Hakurei shrine have been eliminated.

9 ball: You're the strongest and the smartest! If someone tries to disparage your intellect or strength, you have to profess “Eye'm the strongest/smartest” or lose your vote for the rest of the day. You only have to respond to such insults once a day.

Freeze: During the night you can attempt to freeze someone solid. They'll wake up the next day with a mild cold and a sneeze-fit. The first time someone's frozen, they'll lose their vote for the day. The second time someone's frozen, they'll count as voting for everyone during the day. The third time they'll be prepared and give you a solid trashing.

Spellcards:

Icicle fall (easy): Streamer, no cooldown

Frozen Crystal Storm (4): Streamer, 1 day cooldown

Queen of Frost (9): Scatter, 3 day cooldown

Last Word: Perfect Freeze: If you lose a spellcard duel, you can immediately force the duel to end in a tie. You can only do this every other day.

---

Marisa Kirisame

Magician extraordinaire. Borrower of items. Stealer of the hearts of pure maidens. Or something. Really, you're just an ordinary magician that works hard in order to keep up with Reimu, your friend and rival. Now that her shrine has been broken, you suppose you'll have to step up and provide a hand in repairing it before she gets back. And maybe you can take the opportunity to expand your grimoire some more. There's bound to be a lot of new spellcards out there to study.

You start the game as town and win when all threats to the Hakurei shrine have been eliminated.

Spellcard Grimoire: You spend a lot of time studying magic and spellcards and the information you've managed to compile into a great big book of all magic. During the night, you can study another player and get a list of all their spellcards, as well as all details pertaining to those spellcards.

Copycat: If you defeat someone in a spellcard duel, you may choose to copy their spellcard (specifically, the one they used to fight you) and add it to your list of available spellcards. You can do this as often as you like, but you can only have one copied spellcard at a time.

Malice cannon: If Alice ends up engaged in a danmaku fight, you can join in and support her. You have to post Malice Cannon Activate in bold to do so. If you do, Alice's spellcard power is multiplied by 1.5, rounded up. If she still loses though, you share in the loss condition.

Spellcards:

Celestial Raindance (6): Scatter, No Cooldown

Nondirectional Trap (7): Streamer, No Cooldown

Sunspark (8): Laser, No Cooldown

---

Alice Margatroid

The seven-coloured puppeteer. A youkai magician from Makai who now lives in the forest of magic. You're... friends of a sort with Marisa, but where you're a human who has turned into a youkai, she remains human. Cunning and sharp, you prefer to employ strategy, grace and style in combat rather than overwhelming power. You don't particularly care for that red-white butterfly, but if Marisa is here to help out... you suppose you'll have to give a hand too. Your dolls will be able to provide some help at least.

Perfect puppeteer: Theoretically, you suppose you could control someone and command them to do something for you. But that would be cruel. Instead you're content to create copycat dolls of someone. If you beat someone in a danmaku fight, you'll be able to create a doll of them, gaining a one-shot of their primary power. Not everyone will have a power to give you though.

Malice cannon: If Marisa ends up engaged in a danmaku fight, you can join in and support her. You have to post Malice Cannon Activate in bold to do so. If you do, Marisa's spellcard power is multiplied by 1.5, rounded up. If she still loses though, you share in the loss condition.

Spellcards:

Hourai's Seven-Coloured Jewel (8): Laser. One match cooldown

Sacrificial Stratagem (9): Scatter, One match cooldown

Control sign: Toys for Children (9): Streamer, One match cooldown

Last word: Open the Grimoire. After a lost match, you may choose to open the Grimoire, unleashing your true power. The overwhelming assault of power will eliminate your opponent unless they are immune to night eliminations. However, the power is so overwhelming that you'll be unable to use your powers or participate in spellcard duels for the rest of the game. You still retain your vote until you're eliminated normally. Certain close relations can stop you from opening the grimoire in the first place.

---

Mokou no Fujiwara

The immortal phoenix, a powerhouse beyond compare... well actually. It'd be more accurate to say that you've strength comparable to that of the lunarians. This makes you one of the strongest people in Gensokyo. As if the place didn't have enough crazily powerful individuals floating about. You're a literal immortal. You can't be killed, no matter what, as a result of drinking the hourai elixir. That's not too relevant here though. There's no plans to kill anyone. No, you're just here to watch the unfolding chaos, maybe have some fun while you're at it. And if the opportunity presents itself, you might get to trounce people in a spellcard duel.

Extra stage boss: You're immune to danmaku based eliminations

Honest Man's Death: Anyone you beat in a danmaku duel during the day will be unable to target you the following night. They will be informed of this. They may still be redirected into you.

Spellcards:

Wrath of a woman scorned (10): Scatter. One match cooldown

Dolls of passion and peace (12): Streamer, One day cooldown

Blazing Heart (15): Untyped, Three day cooldown

Last word: Possessed by the Phoenix: If you lose a danmakufu duel, you may enter a spirit form and assume control of the winner. Until the end of the day, you lose your own vote and assume control of their vote. Everyone will be able to identify you when you use this ability, and you can only use it twice.

---

Yuugi Hoshiguma

A powerful oni that loves to drink and fight. In many ways the very archetype of an oni. Your physical strength is incredible, matching the likes of Yuuka Kazami and Suika Ibuki. Which makes you very helpful to have around when a lot of heavy construction materials need to be carried around. You're not too invested in helping Reimu for her sake, but the companionship here is nice and it's fun to do something else for a change. And hey, maybe you can pick some fights to keep things interesting.

Strongest oni in the world: Once every night you can pick another player to “play” with. In doing so, you'll determine if they're weak or strong. Weak players are vulnerable to night eliminations. Wait, you're vulnerable to night eliminations. Does that mean you're weak? We can't have that. Once during the game, you can go all out on someone, eliminating them from the game. Let's just hope they're not strong, yeah?

Spellcards:

Tango for two (7): Scatter. No cooldown

Drink and be merry (6): Laser, No cooldown

Saved by the bell (9): Scatter, One match cooldown

---

Shou Toramaru

Kind, gentle, friendly Shou. Avatar of Bishamonten. Wielder of those annoying curvy lasers. No wonder you're infamous for your danmaku style. You managed to forget the Pagoda the last time you visited the Shrine, which means that now it's stuck somewhere underneath all this rubble. You didn't intend to stick around, but you've been dragged into this shrine reparation business. Oh well, Reimu may be a competitor, but she did help you rescue Hijiri from Makai. You suppose you'll have to provide some assistance at least.

Curvy lasers: The first time you participate in a danmaku fight, you gain a +6 bonus. This is reduced to +3 for your second danmaku fight. After that, everyone will have adapted to your unique strategy.

Fortune of the Pagoda: Once you've found your Pagoda, you'll get it during the first twilight, you can bless someone, making all other actions against them fail. But if you're roleblocked on a night you try to use the Pagoda, you'll lose it and can't use this power until you regain it.

Team Bishamonten: You're friends with Nazrin and can talk to them at night.

Spellcards:

Light rains from the heavens (7): Laser. No cooldown

Fortune favours the bold (9): Laser, One day cooldown

Jewels of the virtuous saint (9): Laser, One match cooldown

---

Nazrin

The sneaky little treasure seeking mouse. What are you even doing here? Don't you know that the Hakurei shrine is notorious for it's poor financial state? Well, Shou is here so you suppose you'll have to tag along as well. She constantly lose her Pagoda after all, and she'll be needing your help to find it again. And if you're lucky, you may just find some hidden treasure in the ruins during the repair... nah. That's a fool's hope.

Treasure hunter: You're an expert at rooting out treasures. During the night you can either choose to detect treasure, in which case you'll learn what players around have a treasure that you can steal. Alternatively, you can choose to try and steal a treasure. If the target has a treasure, you'll get it. If they have multiple, you'll get a random treasure. If they have no treasures, you'll at least learn that. If you ever end up with Shou's Pagoda, you'll automatically return it to her, assuming she's still in the game.

Team Vaizravana: You're friends with Shou and can talk to them at night.

Spellcards:

Hordes of hungry beasts (7): Scatter. No cooldown

The pendulum swings like a yoyo (9): Streamer, One day cooldown

Buddha's Light (6): Laser, No cooldown

---

Rinnosuke Morichika

It's a guy! The guy. The only male in gensokyo... well. One of the very few that have a name and a proper presence. You're the owner of an antique shop and you have access to a plethora of magical items. Which is good, because you're not much of a fighter. Sure, you have some magical ability, but you prefer to lead a peaceful, economically minded life, finding artifacts and selling them to those in need. There are a couple strange items that came with the cataclysm that destroyed the shrine. Maybe you can sell those to help out?

Artifact hunter: You start the game with a slew of items, most of which you can't use yourself. Once every night you can give an artifact to another player, allowing them to use it. If you know the use of the item, they'll also know the use of the item. Each night you may also choose an unidentified artifact to try and learn more about it. You start the game with the following artifacts.

A red and white ball. (One shot roleblocker)

The complete nightvale podcast (One shot voteblock)

A syringe of chimaera vitae (One shot doctor)

Unidentified artifacts.

A tiny nut +3 to one spellcard match on offense

A leather cloak +3 to one spellcard match on defense

A small vial of purple dust Permanently increases the power of a spellcard by 1.

A rabbit's foot and duck feather charm One-shot self-rolestopper

An espresso machine One-shot recharge of limited use abilities

A dossier of pictures Allows the user to get an article published in the bunbunmaru news.

The shop is open: Twice during the game, you may declare a shopping daytime event. Pick up to three artifacts and pick if their use is visible or not. These three items will be buyable during the day. During the shopping event, anyone can declare intent to purchase an item, and at twilight items will be given to the one who first laid claim to the item, assuming they haven't lost a spellcard duel during the day.

Spellcards:
    You start with no spellcards. You automatically forfeith all spellcard challenges until you've learned some. You can learn one spellcard each night of any spellcard that has been used during the previous day. Certain powerful cards are only accessible in a weaker version.

---

Mima:

The vengeful evil spirit of the Hakurei shrine... well. You were. Until that meteor crushed the whole place around you. Now you're free to roam and harass Reimu... except she's not around so who are you gonna bother? For now, you're honestly better of just hanging around. Maybe the shrine maiden will be back when the shrine is restored, and then you can have some proper fun with her.

Vengeful spirit: You've got quite the stinging tongue on you. Once a day you can mock someone with such stinging repartee that they'll require one less vote to eliminate. Once during the game, you can really pull out all the stops, causing them to only require half the amount of votes to lynch.

Spellcards:

Twilight curse (6): Streamer. No cooldown

Dawnburst spark (9): Laser. 2 day cooldown

Cosmic stardust (9): Scatter. 2 match cooldown

Last word: Twilight spark. When you lose a spellcard duel, you may immediately cause the day to skip to the night phase.

---

Shinki

Mistress of the underworld. Creator of Makai. Organizer of a... demon tourist agency? Hey, whatever floats your boat. You've taken the trip out of Makai to see how Alice is doing in Gensokyo, and it seems you've chosen quite a chaotic time to come visit. The shrine lies ruined, crushed by some strange cataclysm. It really wasn't your fault, but considering your past with the shrine maiden, who'd believe you? Ah well. It doesn't matter. For now, you might as well observe the proceedings and help where you can.

Ruler of the underworld: Cool title huh? Thankfully, no one is out for blood. At least, not as far as you're aware, so the underworld aspect of your title isn't so important. What is, is the fact that you're a ruler with all the power that implies. Once per night you can protect someone from all eliminations towards them. This will not protect against an arsonist priming a target, but it will protect against an arsonist ignition. You may target yourself only twice during the game.

Spellcards:

Lucifer's song (6): Laser. No cooldown

Creation sign: Almighty (10): Scatter. 2 day cooldown

Ruling sign: Order that must be obeyed (5): Streamer. No cooldown

---

Mamizou Futatsuiwa

You're a rather recent arrival in Gensokyo. A master of disguise that came here to deal with Miko and her taoists. And then that idiot shrine maiden stuck her nose in business where it doesn't belong. How hilarious it'd be if the Shrine Maiden had actually been here when the shrine was destroyed. And the best part is, there's no one here that she could blame it on. You're ostensibly here now to help with the repairs but... mostly it'll just be a lot of fun to cause some chaos with your transformations.

You start the game as town (believe it or not) and win when all threats to the Hakurei shrine have been eliminated.

Transformation trickery: Once per night you may choose two people and have others who target them switch targets.

Spellcards:

Reimu's coming! (10): Scatter. 3 day cooldown

Storm of wild beasts (7): Scatter. No cooldown

Zigzag circle slash (6): Streamer. No cooldown

---

Eiki Shiki

Judge of dead souls and notorious chattermouth. You've become rather infamous in Gensokyo for your ability to talk the ear of anyone who'll listen as to what their many faults are. And considering you're one of the Yama, they wisely stay and listen. After all, you hold their very afterlife in the palm of your hand. Now that Reimu's shrine has been destroyed in a cataclysm your nagging... erm, I mean sage advice is needed more than ever.

Sermon: Once per night you may choose someone else. That lucky someone will receive a lengthy reminder of all their flaws. And they will wisely listen to your words, preventing them from doing anything that night. If they somehow do manage to ignore your lecture, you'll know. Obviously, they will also be aware that you lectured them that night.

Census: At the dawn of the second day, you will automatically take census. This will reveal to you how many scum are active in the game and how many outsiders are in the game. There may be an overlap between these numbers. Afterwards, you'll be able to take Census two more times during the game at any time. You may choose to have the results of the Census broadcast by the game master. Furthermore, after the first death, the coroner part of your census will be revealed to you.

Spellcards:

Judgement of the heavens (12): Laser, 3 match cooldown

Flower of a lost soul (7): Scatter, No cooldown

Court of heavenly judgement (7): Laser, No cooldown

---

Yuuka Kazami

The strongest youkai in Gensokyo. Or at least so you proclaim. Your behaviour is enigmatic. Your motivations even more so. You're always polite, and yet that polite smile hides an incomparable terror. -The fear that on a whim you will utterly reduce someone to a mist of atoms. But... you won't do that, will you? Everyone here's focused on repairing the shrine and none will do any harm to your flowers. So they get a pass... for now.

Sleeping terror: You're incredibly, overwhelmingly powerful. You require 66% votes to eliminate, rather than the standard 51%. You also gain a +3 to all danmaku duels where the enemy uses a laser type card. Lastly, you're immune to all effects that would cause you to lose your vote.

Spellcards:
    Duality of light and dark (8): Laser, No Cooldown

Noble blossom (10): Scatter, 1 match cooldown

Willowisp in the garden (10): Streamer, 1 day cooldown

Last word: Original Master Spark: Once during the game after you've lost a fight, you can charge up the Master Spark and blast it into your enemy, winning the match anyway.

---

Aya Shameimaru

Gensokyo's resident “reporter”. You're every bad word ever said about reporters, wrapped up in one speedy little package. You can do a report on the Scarlet Devil Mansion one moment, and then try to snap a picture of Yukari trolling Reimu the other. You're constantly flying across Gensokyo, looking for information on your next big scoop. Everything to rope in more readers for the Bunbunmaru. The cataclysm destroying the Hakurei shrine is gonna be your biggest scoop yet.

Bunbunmaru news: Once every night you may write an article for the Bunbunmaru. This article will be posted during the start of the next day and will be available for everyone to read.

“Investigative Journalism”: Once every night, you may choose to track and/or watch someone. You will get information about anyone that visits them, or anyone they visit. However, no results are boring. If you investigate someone and nothing happens to them, you'll make something up out of whole cloth.

Spellcards:

Around the world in eighty days (6): Streamer, No Cooldown

Blessing of the wind god (8): Streamer, 1 match Cooldown.

Jewel of truth (10): Laser, 2 day Cooldown

---

Sumireko Usami

A regular human who learned how to pierce the barrier into Gensokyo. As a reward for your efforts, you ended up hazzled and chased by several of Gensokyo's inhabitants. That was then. Now that it's established you're no threat to Gensokyo, you've actually managed to make a few friends like Marisa or Mokou. I suppose it helps that your ESP is strong enough that you've even given Mokou a run for her money. You're really only here to learn more about Gensokyo, but then you heard about the ruined shrine so now you're here to offer what help you can provide.

Girl from the outside world: During the night, you may choose to leave Gensokyo and spend the night in the outer world, safe from all actions that would target you. You may not leave Gensokyo two nights in a row.

President of the Sealing Club: During the night, if you elect to remain in Gensokyo, you may ask the game master one question about the setup of the game. This can not be used to ask if someone is lying, nor ask about someone's alignment.

Spellcards:

Psychokinetic assault (6): Streamer, No cooldown

Esoteric Arcana (7): Scatter, No cooldown

Gun Sign: You have one shot (11): Streamer, 2 day cooldown

---

Kasen Ibaraki

Kasen is a hermit. A secretive mage and a source of much mystic wisdom. Yet for being a hermit you're spending a lot of time lecturing Reimu, Marisa and Sanae aren't you? And then there was that time you set a trap for Sumireko and caught her temporarily within Gensokyo... for being a hermit you're pretty proactive when the situation calls for it, aren't you? And right now, you're needed. The Hakurei shrine is destroyed, the shrine maiden is gone, and everyone here's probably planning on slacking off, rather than help repair the shrine. Can't let that happen.

Beastmaster: You can call upon your animal friends, each with his or her own unique ability. You can only call upon an animal once and only once per night.

Eagle: Provides you with an eye in the sky. At dawn he'll report to you who targetted you during the night. He'll also track the movements of one target of your choosing.

Raijuu: This playful little guy will shock someone, revitalizing them if they've been beaten in danmaku. This is a doctoring ability.

Dragon: This powerful creature sends a blast of water, strong enough to take out almost anyone. This is a vigilante ability that bypasses danmaku immunity and doctor protection, but not jailer protection, rolestopping or other elimination immunities. It may be used during the day, but if so you can't use an animal companion the following night.

Seal: You can call out a seal to play with someone, distracting them for the night. This is a roleblock.

Spellcards:

Monkey climbs the tree (6): Scatter. No cooldown

Stalking Tiger (8): Streamer. 1 match cooldown

Serpent in the grass (8): Laser. 1 match cooldown

Third party:

Pollux: Hunting for Ratatoskr (Ileein)

Ratatoskr: Hunting for Pollux (Cyndarin)

Shu: Survivor/Jailer (Yarith)

Pollux You're not from Touhou aren't you? After Ratatoskr made such a mess of the war between monsters and gods, you tracked the sneaky, lying squirrel to Gensokyo. You cornered him near some old Shinto shrine, where you cast a spell to hopefully take down that little monster once and for all. Unfortunately, magic is a lot more powerful here than you're used to. So you kind of ended up annihilating the whole shrine, while causing so much noise that Ratatoskr managed to slip away. No matter. You can't give up yet. You will bring him to justice. Your goal is to eliminate Ratatoskr. You win if and only if he is lynched before you. Demon hunter: You're a man on a mission and can't let something as small as overwhelming magical force stop you. You're immune to all eliminations except for lynches. Furthermore, once per night you may investigate someone, learning their ability and role-name, but not their alignment. Spellcards: Meteor storm (7): Scatter, No cooldown Spirit of courage (9): Streamer, 1 match cooldown Orion's Hunting Companion (12): Laser, 3 day cooldown --- Ratatoskr Congratulations on your victory during the Gods and Monster's mafia. Too bad you've now got Pollux chasing after you, eager to punish you for your lies and misdirection. As if a mortal demon hunter can weed you out. Especially here in Gensokyo where you can't throw a rock without hitting a youkai of some sort. This could be a nice place to rest and recover, but Pollux is very persistent. You did manage to trick him into destroying that Shinto Shrine, but he won't fall for such a distraction next time. You have to take him out, and if you can't take him out on your own... well, you could always rely on your ability to manipulate pretty much everyone. Your goal is to eliminate Pollux. You win if and only if he is lynched before you. Trickster of the world tree: You're immune to all eliminations except for lynches. Furthermore, you may target someone at night to steal their vote. Your vote will count for two during the following day, and they will not be able to vote. They will be aware that someone stole their vote. You're immune to all investigations, unless you choose to let yourself be investigated. This includes Eiki's roleblocks Spellcards: Ten spheres of the Kabbalah (10): Streamer, 2 day cooldown Hidden dangers (6): Scatter, No cooldown Demagogue of chaos (10): Scatter, 2 day cooldown. --- Shu Whoa. Ain't seen you in ages. You were in the original chimaera mafia game. And right now you're here, fulfilling the by now obligatory cameo role. It's just you right? No one else? Well... I suppose you wouldn't know. Really, you're not entirely sure what you're doing here. All you know is that this place seems to be a pretty fantastical place with lots of new friends to make and games to play. You just have to take your time and learn the local customs. That won't be a big problem though. You may act childish and dense, but you're quick when you want to be. Your goal is to just relax and have fun and not get too involved in things. Ultimately, you win as a survivor. Unfamiliar: You're not familiar with anything that happens here in Gensokyo, and so you tend to endure things by dint of sheer ignorance. The first time any one power would have an effect on you, you ignore that effect and instead get three points to add to your spellcards. Clingy friend: You're a chimaera, which means that you're pretty strong and resilient. This means you give great hugs. It also means that you can be pretty... demanding when it comes to attention. Once per night, you can choose someone to befriend. They'll be jailed for the night, which means they're both roleblocked and protected from night eliminations. Spellcards: You don't have any real spellcards to begin with. You have managed to acquire some blank spellcards at least, but they start with a power rating of 0. You may choose for yourself what to name the spellcards. Blank (0): Streamer, 1 turn cooldown Blank (0): Scatter, 1 turn cooldown Blank (0): Laser, 1 turn cooldown
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I appreciate you provided each godfather with an alibi by default - definitely kept the game more interesting, and makes it easier for someone totally ignorant with the series to be able to make a proper fakeclaim. Also really cute that Yarith could name their own spellcards.

I want to know who all could possibly be converted to which sides, though!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
     I'll be sharing night messages later, they were really well written! I'll also post the reveal I had  saved for the win (written in the style of Sylandra and Vivet [PokeMafia]).
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Night action list.

Night 0 action list

Tremula converts Lavinya and gives Lavinya shield

Tamashi converts Luce

Iosion primes Weiwae

Synkarin freezes Synkarin

Weiwae studies Kalaneya
    Melali plays with Ileein
    Siam blesses nobody
    Lavinya detects treasure
    Breandryn investigates nut
    Sylandra mocks nobody
    Falmiis protects Siam
    Kalaneya swaps nobody
    Ushaara sermons Ileein and publishes first census anonymously
    Krackenor Watches Iosion and Tracks Weiwae
    Lehki stays and asks a question
    Vivet uses eagle. Tracks Sylandra and Watches self
    Ileein investigates Vivet
    Cyndarin does nothing
    Yarith jailhugs Siam

----

Night 1 action list

Tremula converts Krackenor

Luce joins Tremula

Iosion fails to prime Cyndarin

Synkarin freezes Luce

Weiwae examines Falmiis's spellcards

Melali plays with Siam

Siam blesses Lavinya

Lavinya steals from Breandyn

Breandryn investigates cloak and studies Falmiis' spellcard

Sylandra mocks nobody

Falmiis protects Ssaliss

Kalaneya swaps nobody

Ushaara sermons Krackenor

Krackenor watches Ileein and Tracks Sylandra

Vivet is blocked

Ileein investigates Synkarin

Cyndarin does nothing

Yarith hugs Cyndarin

---

Night 2 action list

Tremula eliminates Yarith

Iosion primes Sylandra

Synkarin freezes Yarith

Weiwae examines Breandryn's spellcards

Melali plays with Ssaliss

Siam blesses Lavinya

Lavinya steals from the shrine

Breandryn investigates vial and studies Vivet's spellcard

Sylandra mocks Weiwae

Falmiis does nothing

Ushaara does nothing

Krackenor watches Yarith and Tracks Sylandra

Vivet does nothing

Yarith hugs Siam

---

Night 3 action list

Tremula recruits Synkarin

Iosion primes Falmiis

Synkarin freezes Weiwae

Weiwae examines Melali's spellcards

Melali plays with Ushaara

Lavinya detects treasure

Breandryn is blocked

Sylandra mocks no one

Falmiis protects Weiwae

Ushaara coroners Tamashi

Krackenor watches Weiwae and Tracks Melali

Vivet does nothing

Yarith hugs Synkarin

---

Night 4 action list

Tremula recruits Falmiis

Iosion does nothing

Synkarin freezes Luce

Weiwae examines Luce's spellcards

Melali plays with Iosion

Lavinya steals from Yarith

Breandryn gives voteblock to Weiwae, copies Woman Scorned and studies charm

Sylandra is blocked

Falmiis protects self

Ushaara blocks Othero

Krackenor watches Falmiis and Tracks Synkarin

Vivet does nothing

Yarith hugs Melali

---

Night 5 action list

Tremula eliminates Melali

Zitto ignites

Synkarin freezes Melali

Weiwae examines Sylandra's spellcards

Melali plays with Luce

Lavinya steals from Breandryn

Breandryn does nothing

Sylandra does nothing

Falmiis protects Krackenor

Ushaara blocks Tremula

Krackenor watches Melali and Tracks Zitto

Lehki commutes

Vivet does nothing

Yarith hugs Ssaliss

Ssaliss tracks Lehki

---

Night 6 action list

Melali plays with Yarith

Lavinya coroners Siam

Breandryn gives Syringe to Lavinya and studies tome

Ushaara blocks Vivet

Krackenor eliminates Ssaliss

Lehki asks questions

Yarith hugs Luce

---

Night 7 action list

Melali plays with Vivet

Lavinya does nothing

Breandryn does nothing

Ushaara blocks Lavinya

Krackenor eliminates Ssaliss

Lehki commutes

Yarith hugs Melali

Synkarin freezes Vivet

Luce eliminates Lehki

Krackenor rolestops self, watches Ushaara, Tracks Melali

Vivet protects Ushaara

---

Night 8 action list

Lavinya does nothing

Breandryn does nothing

Ushaara blocks Lavinya

Luce eliminates Lavinya

Lehki asks a question

Yarith hugs nobody

Synkarin freezes Yarith

Krackenor tracks Ushaara, watches self

---

Night 9 action list

Ushaara blocks Synkarin

Krackenor Watches self and tracks Ushaara

Lehki asks question

Yarith hugs Synkarin

Synkarin freezes Lehki

---

Night 10 action list
    Ushaara blocks Lehki
    Krackenor eliminates Ushaara
    Lehki commutes
    Yarith hugs Ushaara
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Oh wait, possible conversions are listed in the godfather cards. Derp.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    You reach out to Lavinya, eager to get a chance to talk to her. But before you reveal your hand you merely stay close and observe her for a while. Most of the Youkai in Gensokyo know you and think well of you due to all the work you've done for them. It should be easy to find some common thread, something you can say to make them willing to help you out. A common ground through Buddhism, or something as base as a desire to punish Reimu for once. Unfortunately as you observe Lavinya it becomes clear that you've got nothing on her. Lavinya is dedicated to someone else entirely, so she's got no interest in supporting you that way, and she simply doesn't care strongly enough about Reimu to want to sabotage the rebuilding effort. With a sad sigh you wave your hand, weaving a simple protective shield around them so that the trip wasn't a complete waste of effort at least. As you return home to get some rest, you wonder if Lavinya will even notice the blessing you've offered. Probably not. It's very subtle until it triggers after all.

Lavinya is shielded but not converted

-----

You idly flit through the dark forests, following after Yarith as he leaves the shrine grounds. He is happily whistling and completely oblivious to everything that's going on around him, which is just how you like it. Without giving him a chance to spot you, you sneak up behind him and ready something a bit more... special than your usual spellcards. Everyone may have fallen for your Kasodani disguise, so attacking in a way reminiscent of your true self shouldn't be too much cause for suspicion. You roll out your scroll and draw power from it. Building up the intensity, you charge forward, slamming shoulder first into the surprised guy. Poor Yarith yelps as he's sent flying forward, skidding along the ground at incredible speeds until he smashes through a couple trees and into a river. Satisfied, you're about to leave when you hear laughter as Yarith clambers back up out of the river, seemingly unhurt. You flee before he spots you, but it's clear that you'll need more than just brute force to take him out.

Your attack hit, but Yarith endured the hit.

-----

You stalk out at night, mentally reciting what you'll be telling Synkarin in order to convince him to join you. But when you get to where Synkarin should be, you don't find him at all. You search high and low, desperate to try and track him down. But he is and remains absent. Unfortunately you can't convert those you can't speak with. So this unfortunately means you've wasted your night.

Synkarin was untargetable

-----

You prepare yourself to go out and take care of Melali, but on your way you're stopped by an extremely chatty individual who spends the whole night, lecturing you about the sin of being too nosy. Or was it noisy? Or maybe both. They were such an incessant chatter-mouth that you were utterly unable to tear yourself away for the whole night.

You were roleblocked

-----

Okay, since we are allowed to talk, I'll go ahead and post (probably scattered) thoughts, and though I'm still curious as to how/why your character joined us (I'm really confused on why you're...with us, storywise, you know? Kinda mechanically too, but I'll reread in the morning before work), I'll be happy to share what my role entails because I'm sure you wouldn't join the chat only to betray us.

I'm not Kyouko Kasodani, as you would assume, but I am actually Byakuren Hijiri! 

My echo shield, as you believe it to be called, is a truthful ability I possess, though its true name is the Lotus Shield! Even were it not for the Sutras of the Gate, the Recitation of Blessings, and the Reflection of Buddha's Diamond, I still could not be eliminated by danmaku! Each night I may attempt to lure my noble compatriots in Buddhist mysticism to my cause of slowing the reconstruction of this vile woman's shrine. To that cause, I can depend on our friend Aya, now yourself, Cirno, Yuugi, Shinki, Mamizou, and Yuuka to be turned to our cause, and should I choose not to pursue them due to these damnable seeds, I may instead eliminate a target of my choosing. 

Finally, each and every danmaku I perform will allow me a glimpse of the face underneath each Seed, and should I discover any of my compatriots then I will know exactly who they are, rather than have their faces fade from memory moments after. That is how I found dear Krackenor to be true to my cause. What a delightfully naughty caprice this will be!

Together we shall win when our group of monks outnumber the town!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Apparently Luce is Latin for 'pick me, pick me !' @portius, confirm?