Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• 2 day cooldown should mean it's back now. Also I did commute last night.
  • Awesome. @Luce... If/when the challenge comes, you'll wager ability or I will be the first in line to murder you myself and tomorrow's Bunbunmaru will have very unkind things to say about you.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Lehki said:
    2 day cooldown should mean it's back now. Also I did commute last night.
    So what were you doing the prior night again, when Krackenor seems to have observed you visiting me?
  • Man, Luce came off scummy as hell.

Questions from the peanut gallery:
    1. Someone said that you can't wager what you don't have. Luce claimed no night power but was able to be ability blocked, implying some sort of power. Is it true you can't wager what you don't have?       . 
    2. If you can't wager on abilities you don't have, what is Luce's ability?

He also has a last word, keep that in mind before you go in. 
  • Uhhhhh the forums ate part off my comment. The rules aren't totally explicit in saying if you could wager something you can't lose, but I'm on mobile so maybe I'll just missing it. It only says that in regards to ability, you can't take an action for the rest of the day and the rest of the night.
  • Omfg I really can't with this forum on mobile, I'm really sorry for the multiple posts. It also says last words count more as abilities than spellcards, does wagering ability block last word?
  • Humhum. Definitely did jail Ushaara last night. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Krackenor said:
    Awesome. @Luce... If/when the challenge comes, you'll wager ability or I will be the first in line to murder you myself and tomorrow's Bunbunmaru will have very unkind things to say about you.
    Rude, but whatever.

Kalaneya said:
    Questions from the peanut gallery:
    1. Someone said that you can't wager what you don't have. Luce claimed no night power but was able to be ability blocked, implying some sort of power. Is it true you can't wager what you don't have?       . 
    2. If you can't wager on abilities you don't have, what is Luce's ability?

He also has a last word, keep that in mind before you go in. 

2 is related to 3, since that's what I'm wagering. I already said my last word (Posessed by the Phoenix) lets me keep dueling after my first loss. I'm not sure how that interacts with ability wagers, tbh, but I think if I use it it fires pre-ability blockage. I didn't ask.

• Okay so first of all. 

@Yarith you sneaky bugger you did have points left, good work.

@Vivet I'm fairly sure that Yarith is the last 3p, with his limited points thing that has to last him the rest of the game. Also I was finding out about the likely possibility of the two scum groups merging, and since my ability doesn't have an actual target he randomly saw you instead.

So since we're in Lylo with 6 people left, and based on what Kira said that other day that 3p basically do not count towards town's total when considering town vs scum numbers, I think it's safe to say that we definately did mess up on Breandryn and Synkarin, and we're essentially at 3v2 right now.  I'd really rather we just finally lynch Luce today for what he pulled last day phase, and than Krackenor can track Ushaara tonight.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I think Luce fully expected to win with his 11th hour vote, or at least during night. He was pretty smug and obvious about hammering home the vote without a chance for Synkarin to explain. 

I think you're nuts to not get rid of him.

• Ye let's Vote: Luce :3

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Kalaneya said:
    Uhhhhh the forums ate part off my comment. The rules aren't totally explicit in saying if you could wager something you can't lose, but I'm on mobile so maybe I'll just missing it. It only says that in regards to ability, you can't take an action for the rest of the day and the rest of the night.
    I had to go back and search hard for this one, but here is the context. I posted this back on page 52:

"Oh, I almost forgot. Since I used my dayvig, I can't use any ability tonight. As a result, I suffer no real penalty from wagering ability on a spellcard duel and losing. So, @Ssaliss @Luce, if either of you want to, I can accept a duel with you using Monkey Climbs the Tree."

And Kiradawea partially responds to this at the top of page 53:

"Second. PSA. You can only bet something that you yourself can lose."

So how much you want to read into that is up to you, I guess.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Keep forgetting about 3rd party, and yep that makes more sense as to why we're in LyLo, than block immunity in night phase.

I'm good with a Luce lynch, anything else we need to hash out though before voting?
    Krackenor said:
    Poetry translation, courtesy of the laureate: I saw Lehki visit Vivet, I saw Synkarin visit me, I wanted a third poem to round it out and chose Reimu. Keep in mind the nature of my power, however.

Which brings me to Ushaara actually.

@Ushaara: Dude, you just keep turning up in suspicious and inconvenient places, don't you? You claim to block Lavinya the turn she dies, you start the train on Breandryn (which I fully admit I believed at the time), you block Synkarin for curious reasons when seeing whether or not he actually acted would have proved incredibly useful, and now you're jailed in a turn when no death occurs. And now you're trying to raise questions about my findings even though I've explained on multiple occasions what the risks are of me utilizing my power fully. That's a lot of coincidences to try and explain away.
    Get the Breandryn and Lavinya suspicion but not the Synkarin argument. It was always clear if he acted by the fact that someone lost their vote or not. 

Me saying I blocked him to cover for him or myself killing or whatever only works if we're on the same scum team, since stumping rule means he could call me out any time, and the fact we're in LyLo now shows he was town.
  • It also works if you're the second scum and you were trying to do as Sylandra expected: no lynch to throw suspicion onto the blocked party.

Lavinya said:
    I think Luce fully expected to win with his 11th hour vote, or at least during night. He was pretty smug and obvious about hammering home the vote without a chance for Synkarin to explain. 

I think you're nuts to not get rid of him.
    We very likely are, but I want no surprises of the post-death activation nature, which is why I would prefer any theoretical ability shutdown ahead of a lynch.
  • By the way @Yarith, were you just lying about how many actions you had left, or that you were limited at all?
  • Er, the latter. My dodge mechanic has rules but they're not like how I listed. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Krackenor said:
    It also works if you're the second scum and you were trying to do as Sylandra expected: no lynch to throw suspicion onto the blocked party.
    Ah, didn't think of that, but would still say while that might have worked in a game without stumping, that I don't think that would have really been a goer since Synkarin has the opportunity to say what exactly happened in the night phase.
  • ... Yes. And he would rightly say that you blocked him, he would give a target he had tried to vote bomb, and we would have been just as suspicious. I'm not exactly sure what your argument here is.
    I'm still not sure why Krackenor saw Lehki visiting me during the night, when the only powers Lehki has mentioned that I can recall are: commuting, and asking Kira questions.

Also still very curious about the apparent Vivet shadow that also has received no real attention yet.

I'm comfortable with going after Luce, but jumping the gun before anyone even offers speculation on these sorts of questions seems like poor form imo.

Krackenor said:
    ... Yes. And he would rightly say that you blocked him, he would give a target he had tried to vote bomb, and we would have been just as suspicious. I'm not exactly sure what your argument here is.
    Oh right, I get you now. Block + no-kill to frame someone...

Well, yeah, I'll say definitively that while scum may have decided not to kill, knowing I'd block someone and they could steer the lynch the following day, if that's what happened I was an unwitting accomplice!
  • I'm pretty comfortable with going for Luce.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Krackenor said:
    We very likely are, but I want no surprises of the post-death activation nature, which is why I would prefer any theoretical ability shutdown ahead of a lynch.
    No surprises here, everything's on the table.
  • Vivet said:
    I'm still not sure why Krackenor saw Lehki visiting me during the night, when the only powers Lehki has mentioned that I can recall are: commuting, and asking Kira questions.

Also still very curious about the apparent Vivet shadow that also has received no real attention yet.

I'm comfortable with going after Luce, but jumping the gun before anyone even offers speculation on these sorts of questions seems like poor form imo.

I've explained the nature of my power multiple times now, but if I both track and watch in the same evening, boring results (I.e. results that would say the target did nothing or were not visited by anybody) become false positives.
  • Yarith said:
    Er, the latter. My dodge mechanic has rules but they're not like how I listed. 
    Do you still have some kind of separate win condition though? =/

And I guess I'll challenge Luce if you wanna be doubly sure he can't do anything.

Luce! You heard the man, I challenge you to a spellcard duel! Gun Sign: you have one shot!
  • ... You do realise that if he has a last word that kills, and you beat him, the game is over, right?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I accept! We duel for ability! Wrath of a Woman Scorned!

Last Word.: Possessed by Phoenix. Lehki: Vote Ushaara
  • Ah. So his last word forces you to do something... Are there enough votes to go around to off him at this point?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yarith, would you kindly unvote? There is a proposition to table
  • Nah don't unvote. Let's just everybody else vote for Luce and see who won't.