Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• The complete nightvale podcast (One shot voteblock) A tiny nut (One-shot +3 on fight offense) A small vial of purple dust (Perma 1 point boost to a spellcard) A rabbit's foot and duck feather charm (One shot rolestopper) A massive tome (Gain one shot recharge of X-shot abilities) --- I think only one item can be claimed at a time, and I can hold TWO shop sales, selling up to three items each time.
  • The complete nightvale podcast (One shot voteblock) A tiny nut (One-shot +3 on fight offense) A small vial of purple dust (Perma 1 point boost to a spellcard) A rabbit's foot and duck feather charm (One shot rolestopper) A massive tome (Gain one shot recharge of X-shot abilities) --- I think only one item can be claimed at a time, and I can hold TWO shop sales, selling up to three items each time.
  • Ok, I give up. Forums don't want to do line breaks in this thread for me anymore :(
  • Wait, is the charm a role-stopper, or a role blocker? Can it be used after an ability is activated during the day? Cause if so, then that should definitely go into the hands of someone trustworthy, so that the Mafia don't sneak day-end or something.

Other than that, only the voteblock seems like it would be damaging. The purple dust (spellcard boost) seems fairly benign, especially if it goes to someone who has weak spellcards.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Can...can I just have my pokeball, please? For raisins?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • The charm you use on yourself to stop any actions done against you for one night. Also, remove the podcast (voteblock) and replace that with....a pokeball (roleblock). How did you know I had that, @tremula?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    You mentioned the pokeball before, when first revealing the items you had. That said since it's a roleblock, it's a dangerous one to give out since we can't be sure of Tremula's alignment.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Could always lynch Tremula and solve the problem that way.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • So how about, sell the tome, the charm, and one of the card buffs?

Ushaara grabs the Tome, and if the charm can be used at the same time as normal night actions maybe let Krackenor take? Give him one night he doesn't gotta worry about himself.
    I knew about the pokeball because you listed the items you had in a previous post that I could go back and find, but am lazy. I just want the pokeball because it's my mafia's item, and I'm vain as fuck. If it's that dangerous, I'll leave it be, but I want it soooooooo bad. 

• Oh, I forgot I had. I'm gonna be honest, I've completely lost track of what's going on in this game. I've only ever played vanilla mafia and never anything with a post count this high.
  • Vote Count:
    Melali: Yarith (1)
    Yarith: Krackenor, Synkarin, Tremula, Luce (4)

With 12 volunteers it's 7 to lynch.

---

Ushaara challenges Tremula

The match of the century. Or at least the day. As soon as Ushaara and Tremula meet each other on the designated battlefield, the field is alit with bright light. Seven beams burst out from Ushaara, two groups of three on either side of his form, with a centre beam aimed straight at Tremula. The searing light burns a path across the ground and forces Tremula up into the sky where she summons forth a precious jewel. One beam of light shoots from Tremula's finger and into the greyish iamond, empowering it to the point that random beams of light shoot out towards Ushaara. When Ushaara's primary beam hits the gemstone, the laser ends up reflected back towards him. But his onslaught is relentless. And powering through both shield and gem, Ushaara manages to hit the stone with enough force that it shatters with the sound of broken glass, sending shards of it as well as bright light flying towards Tremula, overwhelming her with pure force.
    Ushaara has won the match. Tremula will be slightly easier to lynch today.

---

The shop is open!
    Kourindou is having a special sale on the shrine grounds and everyone's invited to make a purchase. The items put up for sale are
    A tiny nut (1-shot +3 to spellcard duels on offense)
    A rabbit's foot and duck feather charm (1-shot rolestopper. Can be used on self)
    A tome filled with coffee recipes (1-shot recharge of x-shot abilities)

Sales are first come first served... but if someone manages to snatch an item before you, just beat em up in a spellcard duel. Those who haven't lost a spellcard duel got priority over those that have lost a spellcard duel.

You can also only lay claim to one item per sale.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    I'll buy the tome please, or however I bid for it!
  • Weiwae said:
    Here is all the information I was able to gather while alive. Any typos are my own.

My spell cards: 
    Celestial Raindance (6): Scatter, No Cooldown
    Sunspark (8): Laser, No Cooldown
    Nondirectional Trap (7): Streamer, No Cooldown

Luce's spellcards: (Night 5)
    Wrath of a woman scorned (10): Scatter. One match cooldown
    Blazing Heart (15): Untyped, Three day cooldown
    Dolls of passion and peace (12): Streamer, One day cooldown

Melali's spellcards: (Night 4)
    Tango for two (7): Scatter. No cooldown
    Drink and be merry (6): Laser, No cooldown
    Saved by the bell (9): Scatter, One match cooldown

Breandryn's spellcards: (night 3)
    I have no idea how this works “Creation Sign” (10): Scatter. 2 day cooldown

Falmiis' spellcards: (night 2)
    Creation sign: Almighty (10): Scatter. 2 day cooldown
    Ruling sign: Order that must be obeyed (5): Streamer. No cooldown
    Lucifer's song (6): Laser. No cooldown

Kalaneya's Spellcards: (night 1)
    Zigzag circle slash (6): Streamer. No cooldown
    Reimu's coming! (10): Scatter. 3 day cooldown
    Storm of wild beasts (7): Scatter. No cooldown

Since I'm the only one who doesn't have a card in the double digits, thus being the weakest in terms of spellcards, I'll take the nut.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I also have none in double digits fyi.

@Ushaara did that battle give you any insight? 

Not really, ha. As mentioned before, I get nothing from spellcard duels, but wanted to at least confirm that Tremula wasn't making all the supposed spellcards she 'found' up, and was hoping she'd go for an ability duel that would have roleblocked her if she lost.

But for what it's worth, I still think she's lying about starting with one card, and don't believe the venturing outside gate to find cards claim. I'd be happy to vote for her today, but since my only reasoning is that I find her shifty and don't think the claims have been credible, didn't think there was enough to persuade others to lynch?

If you do survive today Tremula, to convince us you are telling the truth I'd say swap out one of your cards tonight with whatever you find, no matter how bad it may be.
    You might as well lynch me now, since my echo shield completely resets on loss, and it's back to a piddly bonus. 

• Even +1 can make a difference, the cards don't seen seem to have a very large range in power.

I am down for lynching Tremula though
    The 'may as well lynch me now' and the 'Reflection' part of Tremula's card has me slightly wary of a Last Word being in play that makes everything that would happen to Tremula happen to me..  :/

I'm assuming that if that's the case, a reflected lynch onto me would mean I won't be able to get the tome at Twilight and we'd miss the chance of another census, despite it being a power I could use while stumped.

Sylandra said her Last Word was a day-ender, but I don't recall any others revealed. Anyone else with one want to speculate on whether that's within the realms of possibility power wise, or am I just being paranoid?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    You all saw my role. :) I have no Last Words.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That's...not out of the realm of possibility, no. Mine's not quite that stronk, but comes close. Can always leave it today and come back tomorrow without dueling her.
  • I dunno, the shattering seemed pretty specific to the flavor of the card, Reflection of Buddha's Diamond. 
  • I don't have that many nights left to win, so I'm pretty in favour of lynching -somebody-.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Since I'm stumped, I might as well reveal what my last word would've done.

If I were defeated in a duel and used my last word, I would've simply gone super-saiyan and eliminated them (barring any nightkill-immunity). This, however, would've made me unable to participate in any duels (either as challenger or defender, as I understood it), and would've made me unable to do any night actions. Both of these would've lasted for the rest of the game, essentially limiting my influence to voting and talking.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The stumping thing really has me stumped. I'm really not sure which direction to push or who to trust...gah. I'm ok with lynching Tremula because worst case we don't lose much, but I don't want to put Ushaara at risk. Yarith's explanation of his role is really out there but it's not implausible.

• I'm not sure  that I buy the reflected Lynch power, but I also think that it is too risky if we are wrong . At this point, I'm still OK with voting Yarith... tonight I can both watch Ushaara and or track Tremula to make sure nothing untoward happens. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm down for whatever, but let's make a plan and roll with it. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Voting me is a waste of a night as a still have X distortions. Maybe seeing that will convince you.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Well while I'm wary of a reflected lynch, I'm also still down with lynching Tremula. If it happens, probably will lose another census yes, but it will also confirm Tremula as a convert. If it doesn't I get the tome and can take another census.

Vote Tremula
  • @Krackenor wanna also pick up the charm to protect yourself tonight?